Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing IP Lag

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited September 2015
    @ScottDemon. Hmmm. Can you save them to the bin as ghosts?
    Then you could just save them as a household without their home or actually "move" them last after you have everything else done. Save your game before moving them and go in to play them and have them "move" to a different home.
    I do usually use overwatch. I just love the clean up it does for me.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited September 2015
    You might be able to save them to the bin but I'm not sure if that will help I've found it best to temporarily make them active.
    In Moonlight Falls I tried that with the Goth Ghosts and Violet Slymer but Overwatch still removed them from the game. Maybe if you take them to another town first and place them there start a game with them go back to Edit Town delete the copy then make a new copy and bring them back and delete the originals in IP before placing the copies but that's alot of extra work to do.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    edited September 2015
    I'd save them for last play them and move them that way save and exit the game reload and go back to Edit Town and use the Switch Active Households option.
    That's the only safe way I know of moving playable ghosts.
    That sounds like the best bet @ScottDemon. Move them some place close by so it won't take so long. :wink:
    It's a shame that EA hosed the moving process for playable ghosts but they pretty did that with most of the game with all the bugs and glitches it has :/
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @ciane Any interest in uploading your world complete with fixes?
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
    Oh, my, I hadn't thought of that. I've never tried something like that before. Let me see if I can find how to do that.
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    @ciane Any interest in uploading your world complete with fixes?

Oooh yes! I second this motion @MiyuEmi . I was wondering if there were any fixed Isla Paradiso Worlds on the Exchange, but I couldn't find any for sure.

@ciane - don't remember if I told you or not that I managed to get ErrorTrap and OverWatch on my game, but I did! I haven't had a chance to really test-play it since school started. I think an uploaded, fixed world would be great!
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
    @Readalot1 There is an Isla Paradiso fixed world on Mod the Sims by Ella Charmed, but it doesn't deal with all of the issues that @ciane has made changes to in her game. I think she would have to find a way to open the world in Create-a-World and then upload it and I don't know how complicated that is! I agree that it would be very nice if this was possible!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Wow, I hadn't thought to upload to CAW. I will have to check into that.

I did wonder if I could just upload my save file to 4shared or mediafire and have that work as a simple fix. I rename the sims 3 folders all the time and switch back and forth between games that way. But that's a whole sims 3 folder rather than just a save file. So I'll see if everything is in the save, making sure that other files aren't needed.
  • KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Cool!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Wow, I hadn't thought to upload to CAW. I will have to check into that.

I did wonder if I could just upload my save file to 4shared or mediafire and have that work as a simple fix. I rename the sims 3 folders all the time and switch back and forth between games that way. But that's a whole sims 3 folder rather than just a save file. So I'll see if everything is in the save, making sure that other files aren't needed.

That would be wonderful. Thank you in advanced for looking into that :D
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited October 2015
    i found whenever i visit hidden islands (secret islands? ) it lags like .. CRAZY . but other than that it is playable it lags sometimes though.
    Here is my corrected copy of IP, which should work for others. I tested it. Here's all you need to do.
    Make a new folder in your Sims 3 Saves folder called IPonlyRdy.sims3 and copy these four files into it: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hh78ai99s6a1y/IPonlyRdy

When you next load up your game, it should be your first option there with other saved games.

I tried to only do the bare minimum changes, but I wanted to avoid lag in your game; so you do get some of my redone EA homes. I did redo them so they only need IP - no other EPs or SPs or any store stuff.

I had redone most of the lots using all the EPs and SPs and some store stuff earlier. If interested in any of those lots, look in this folder and you can do individual replacements:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o3g07w12a9d20/Lots

If you have all the EPs and SPs and own the store (or lots of it), you could download these files instead:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xp7wkoer3drf0/IPrdy
    (Your new folder would be named IPrdy.sims 3 and would go in the Sims 3 Saves folder. I made many more adjustments to this version as I was simply making it for myself.)

You could, of course, have both saves and see which you like better.

IPrdy simply means Island Paradiso Ready to Play in my shorthand.
    IPonlyRdy means I made it with only the IP expansion pack.

I hope you will find these versions much more playable.

NOTE: I make changes to four ports as they were problem ports. They are tagged NO visitors allowed to avoid Sims wondering around there on their own. IF you play your sim(s) there, they won't get any visitors unless you change that designation using the cheat enablelotlocking.

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @ciane. That's so awesome of you to do. Thanks :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane ~ That is awesome indeed! Thank YOU for sharing :smiley:
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Thank you so much!
    If you have any problems, and think I should change something else, let me know.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Ciane, I see this now...THANK YOU so very, very much! I asked on your My Page, and found this. Thank you. Downloaded your 'extra' stuff. Can't wait to play :smiley:<3
    I have now added the links to the top of the first page!
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I've been playing the fixed world for a while now, and it works very well. Thanks :)

Only thing is, I think the fishing spawners might be buggy. I clicked on one spawner and chose some bait for my Sim to fish with. He then walked up to the pond and reset (I have ErrorTrap). I tried again at another fishing spot, only to get the same result.

Going into buydebug and replacing the spawners (where possible) with identical ones removed this problem. Where I couldn't remove spawners (at the beaches), I simply placed copies of them closer to the shore.
    Wow! Thanks for the info on the spawners. I don't know what might have happened with that.
    edited May 2016
    @ciane I have just downloaded your save file, thanks very much for all of your work. I will point out that I used master controller to forcibly kill Rosemarie Collins and all of the Scott family. I believe that Rosemarie is completely glitched. Not only, as you point out, does she attempt to go to work while pregnant, but I have also witnessed her working out at the gym with half a naked pregnant belly (literally half of her belly, not the entire thing) and her normal workout clothes on. As far as I'm aware, pregnant sims are not allowed to 'work out' on the machines during their pregnancy. Just to let everyone know.

Also, if you convert a formerly resort lot into a residential lot, it will continue to function as a resort. There will be numerous sims who just show up and make themselves at home in your sims home. @ciane currently has the resorts (save for Hobarts) set as Hangouts. I have deleted all of them entirely because the ground is not even on any of the lots and my hope is that in future I can place a completely fresh lot and build on it and not have it work as a resort. The resort setting appears to continue to persist after changing a lot type, just as the 'apartment' lot type persists after changing the lot type (you continue to get roommates).
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @ciane, I installed your fixed IP and actually played it a few months ago. I just noticed last night that it isn't on the list anymore, only IP is there. (Among all of the other worlds, of course). I think I will re-download it.

Just checked my worlds and world cache files and IP is not listed either. That's weird. Guess I need to fire up the game to see what's up. I really enjoyed your fixed world, the one time I played it. :)
    @Okblondee7 Her file should be a save file and not a world. Hope you're able to find it.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top