Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SMALL UPDATE COMING TO THE PC VERSION OF THE SIMS 3

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm more interested in getting my NRaas Mods updated because they've patched up so many issues like that broken story progression of EA's that totally destroyed my older games before I learned to use NRaas Mods to fix the issues up and I've also recently added other Mods to fix other glitchy issues in the game like the scoldings from Generations,UL protests and the awful curfews.I've also got Mods to speed up homework and allow skills to be studied online.I've got other Mods to make murphy beds and vending machines non-deadly.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Notice that they are NOT fixing any issues with the game, like the travel bug... just integrating it into Origin deeper, far as I can tell.
    Does not bode well for the future of Sims 3. :disappointed:
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Maybe this update mite help fix what they mast up on my games hope so.
  • EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    Well, at least this announcement gave me a wake-up call. I finally made a proper backup of the mods, library, cc, store content & super patch 1.6.2..
    :)
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I still think this is a undercover mission to bork Sims 3 so badly that people will be unable to play it. EA and Maxis are like; "If you don't want to play Sims 4, then don't play anything at all!" Then you have to insert evil laughter. LOL
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm not understanding why we have to pick and choose which expansion packs we want in our games "for the best gaming experience"... As a gaming company, shouldn't you guys try and fix your games for them to work on our computers? Cause it's not like TS3 worked swimmingly on the computer's to begin with.... :/

Maybe they looked at Numenor's old mod for Any Game Starter for TS2. lol...yeah, this seems familiar like that mod allows you to pick and choose which EPs or none you want to play.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Did anyone else open Origin to disable updates and get a survey question about how likely it is that you would recommend Origin to someone?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Well, at least this announcement gave me a wake-up call. I finally made a proper backup of the mods, library, cc, store content & super patch 1.6.2..
    :)

Same here! I already had backups of my mods, games, etc. but I spent last night backing up all my store content. Even spent some points at the store that had been sitting there forever. Now I just need to start shopping for (hopefully cheap) used discs of Supernatural and one of the stuff packs that I bought the digital version of because if I ever want to reinstall Sims 3 on another computer - and I know I will - I don't want to have to go through Origin for anything.

I'm not crazy about how Sims 4 has to be played through Origin and the EPs, GPs, and SPs are digital, but I've come to terms with it - it is what it is, I guess. But dang it, I bought all those Sims 3 discs and I'm determined to keep my S3 Origin-free. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    My games still is not right after that one. And I have all there stuff and I got all the stuff in the sims community store .
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    still waiting for said sims3 updates since no updates yet
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    You know if a company is bad when you trust an unofficial tool more than an official update, I've got the simgameselector which has the only benefit of this ill-advised update. EA, please don't touch our nice stuff and continue trying to save what's left of sims 4.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I still think this is a undercover mission to bork Sims 3 so badly that people will be unable to play it. EA and Maxis are like; "If you don't want to play Sims 4, then don't play anything at all!" Then you have to insert evil laughter. LOL

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was real. My guess is there are attempting to spy on us to get more flawed "data" for future TS4 DLC and use it as yet another excuse as to why 4 is so awful.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    How to update The Sims 3?
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    Do we have to uninstall and reinstall our games? Because my origin updated and nothing has changed.
    my origin is updated but since i have the sims3 disk version i have no new updates for sims3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    Out of curiosity, any reason why you're pushing through an update for PC only, but not for Mac, which needs several newer graphics cards recognized? Also, considering Cider just grinds along on Macs because when you updated the game for Windows users to access 4gb RAM, you didn't do the same for Cider, you couldn't make this accessible to Mac players? I guess once you took our money, you figured you didn't need to offer us anything, eh? Just FYI, this is why I didn't buy--and won't buy--TS4, even though you have a Mac-specific version.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    my origin is updated but since i have the sims3 disk version i have no new updates for sims3

As I mentioned above, no change for me either and I'm 95% disc.
  • jenneferejennefere Posts: 43 Member
    Okay.... So where is the update. Origin updated, but my launcher is still saying 1.67
    edited November 2015
    @SimGuruDrake would it be possible to have an update on when the update will be avalable and if it will work with no disk for simmers that have the sims3 on disk but no longer have the disk

*Edit i am starting to winder if this sims3 update is real and genuine since we have no way of knowing if the update is out or not
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Today we will be releasing an update for PC Windows version of The Sims 3 launcher to add the new Expansion and Stuff Pack Manager. During preparation for the release we have discovered that this update is not compatible with the current version of the Create-a-World (CAW) tool. We are working on an update for this particular issue and will notify you as soon as we have one.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I like this idea, since I do not always want water taxis or time travel. I have relied on a mod to get rid of taxis. If it were possible to simply pick and choose what elements of each EP we wanted, we could have a really streamlined, custom experience, but that does not seem possible without many mods. I have to say, I love my mods. I hope this doesn't mess up anyones game, but may I suggest creating a new game folder just to try it out?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Well golly gee whiz, the 'refreshed' version of TS3 you released in 2012 as well as all digital versions of TS3 are not fully compatible with CAW. Funny how you never noticed that? haha
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • trebor323trebor323 Posts: 4 New Member
    This update really wasn't needed, and from what I've seen, it's not wanted. Sims 3 was/is fine at 1.67.