Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Hello everyone!

Tomorrow (November 12) The Sims 3 website will be undergoing maintenance from 9am PT. During this time you may have issues accessing the The Sims 3 website. An update will also be available via Origin for The Sims 3 on PC only, which will include a new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.

You can find out more information about the update and the new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager in this FAQ: http://help.ea.com/article/new-launcher-for-the-sims-3/

You can prepare to obtain The Sims 3 update by updating to the latest version of Origin, you will receive the latest version the next time you launch the Origin client.

If you have Origin running:
  • In the top left, select Origin
  • Click Exit
  • Re-launch Origin

You will automatically be updated to the latest version of Origin (Version 9.10.2.4863)
You can verify you have the latest Origin client by selecting HELP>ABOUT

You are now ready to receive The Sims 3 update tomorrow 12th November

Happy Simming!
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simmers can still play the Sims 3 without Origin after the update, right?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I will pass along the news about a new update. o:)
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2F2293ae00a319b8f98d9ae7d8fc16c0cd%2Ftumblr_mhmmp6X9Cc1rodkw5o2_500.gif&t=557&c=Z5d3aPQtUOiOsQ
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow (November 12) The Sims 3 website will be undergoing maintenance from 9am PT. During this time you may have issues accessing the The Sims 3 website. An update will also be available via Origin for The Sims 3 on PC only, which will include a new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.

You can find out more information about the update and the new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager in this FAQ: http://help.ea.com/article/new-launcher-for-the-sims-3/

You can prepare to obtain The Sims 3 update by updating to the latest version of Origin, you will receive the latest version the next time you launch the Origin client.

• Click Exit
    • Re-launch Origin

You will automatically be updated to the latest version of Origin (Version 9.10.2.4863)

Happy Simming!

When will you be releasing an update for Mac users?
    apple-signature.png
  • CarmelitaDCarmelitaD Posts: 56 New Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > Tomorrow (November 12) The Sims 3 website will be undergoing maintenance from 9am PT. During this time you may have issues accessing the The Sims 3 website. An update will also be available via Origin for The Sims 3 on PC only, which will include a new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager.
    >
    > You can find out more information about the update and the new The Sims 3 Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager in this :
    >
    > You can prepare to obtain The Sims 3 update by updating to the latest version of Origin, you will receive the latest version the next time you launch the Origin client.
    >
    > If you have Origin running: * In the top left, select Origin
    > * Click Exit
    > * Re-launch Origin
    >
    >
    > You will automatically be updated to the latest version of Origin (Version 9.10.2.4863)
    > You can verify you have the latest Origin client by selecting
    >
    > You are now ready to receive The Sims 3 update tomorrow 12th November
    >
    > Happy Simming!

I have a (possibly naïve) question: I understood that following Amore, there would be no more new stuff created for TS3. Is this still the case? If so, why the new Expansions and Stuff Pack Manager? As I have a Mac, I know it doesn't - and may never - apply, but I'm still interested.
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Did anyone update theirs?
    Did it break anything..?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    Did anyone update theirs?
    Did it break anything..?

I don't think they have put up the update as it's only 6:20am PST where EA is located out. So I doubt that anyone is at the office yet to do anything.

• SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Woah. What is this update? I didn't start playing Sims 3 regularly until about 6 months ago and I appreciated that everything was all fixed up/modded. I'm not trying to kill my game and find out that all the mods I use are now broken and the creators have long since left the community.

Can someone please educate me on how to avoid this patch at all costs? Is it just a matter of ignoring the "would you like to update" message or is there some option I also need to tick to avoid it auto-installing?
    edited November 2015
    @Seamoan
    Here is a link that shows you how to turn off the automatic update on Origin if you have it checked for the automatic updates. I know a lot of people had gone and unchecked the box so that they won't get the update until they know that it won't break their game forever. And some of them have already turned it off from their launcher too just to be on the safe side... :)
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/turn-off-automatic-updates/

Hope this helps... :)
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @Seamoan
    Here is a link that shows you how to turn off the automatic update on Origin if you have it checked for the automatic updates. I know a lot of people had gone and unchecked the box so that they won't get the update until they know that it won't break their game forever.

Thank you!!!!! <3
    Seamoan wrote: »
    @Seamoan
    Here is a link that shows you how to turn off the automatic update on Origin if you have it checked for the automatic updates. I know a lot of people had gone and unchecked the box so that they won't get the update until they know that it won't break their game forever.

Thank you!!!!! <3

You're welcome... :)<3

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Is this a sign that EA is going to stop supporting 3 or the store in the near future?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hmm... What is the point to remove pack when all packs are installed ?

I don't understand the goal of this game update.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Very interesting that they are doing this today... and Windows 10 is having a big update today as well.
    Major snooping is becoming the new thing.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    If we're supposed to get Sims points for Registering games purchased through Origin, then where are mine for Pets and Ambitions?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    If we're supposed to get Sims points for Registering games purchased through Origin, then where are mine for Pets and Ambitions?

I thought that was only for WA and I'm not sure that's even still being done. I never got any.

The points was only when you registered the base game and World Adventures. EA stopped offering the free simpoints after WA.

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

The points was only when you registered the base game and World Adventures. EA stopped offering the free simpoints after WA.

Well, that just...... STINKS!!! :'(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello everyone!

• Click Exit
    • Re-launch Origin

Happy Simming!

Hi ! Just wondering about something. My Sims 3 is on a different computer than TS4. I intentionally did not install Origin on the TS3 computer, because I felt that all of my store purchases , content, worlds etc, and all of my discs predated Origin, and were just fine without it. I also use CAW all the time, and really don't want it ruined. I just don't want Origin invading my game, and my store purchases.
    Will this be a problem down the road, or can I keep everything as it is? The TS3 computer is running on Windows8.1. My TS4 is on another computer running on Windows 10,( obviously) I have Origin installed on the TS4 computer.

Appreciate your feedback!
    Post edited by noodlesandme on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited November 2015
    Lol

"Install the packs" button just it show you the packs in The Sims 3 details in Origin...

This game update is done by and for the Origin team likes TS2 UC "latest version update" of TS2 which only include some Origin features.

ingame40.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Backup save files before updating everyone. Turning on and off packs has been known to corrupt save files, so there is a chance you could lose everything.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    @Seamoan
    Here is a link that shows you how to turn off the automatic update on Origin if you have it checked for the automatic updates. I know a lot of people had gone and unchecked the box so that they won't get the update until they know that it won't break their game forever. And some of them have already turned it off from their launcher too just to be on the safe side... :)

Thanks lisasc360 :p

What I'm worried about is can I skip this particular update? I may one day get Sims 4 on my current computer which I still play Sims 3 on. But what if I need to update Origin in the future for something related to my Sims 4 game at that time? Wouldn't any future Origin update include this new one, that I want to avoid so it won't mess up my Sims 3? Or, ideally, if I installed Sims 4 on a new, different computer, and updated Origin on that new one....would Origin automatically update itself on the older Sims 3 only computer as well?
  • mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    So I updated and decided to download some new CC and got this pop up.

Untitled_3.png

I did not back up any files I'll let you guys know if anything happens.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top