Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Type of Business to Run??

Mort_OpalMort_Opal Posts: 55 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 2
Hey fellow simmers :)

So I was actually playing sims 2 the past few days and I was trying out some of the business types that you can do. I have to say, my favorite store i've ever made was a floral shop. It's so much fun making custom flowers and what not. Its so much fun. I haven't tried a restaurant yet, im actually kind of nervous to because I don't know where to start

What are your favorite types of businesses to create!

(BTW: Im pretty new here so... HI! :D

Comments

• Blooming_LilacBlooming_Lilac Posts: 241 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi! Welcome to the forums.

I love the flower arranging skill, and I've tried running a business out of my garage with the pottery and flower stations (Sorry I don't remember the names of the stations off the top of my head.)

I've also played as Florence Delarosa in Bluewater Village, but I have a hard time motivating her to do anything. She becomes stressed over the environment when she's outside despite the fact that she has a gardener and her yard is nicely landscaped.

I enjoy the gardening activity. It's fun and quite profitable if you can keep your Sims motivated.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    Hi :)

I like Venues- like clubs, poker places, pool halls, Gyms, dance clubs, music halls with stages, beaches, museums, pools, ... those are my favorite types. :mrgreen:
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I like to make venues, restaurants & art galleries. One of my favorite businesses is Dina Caliente-Capp's art gallery. I have a megahood, which is all of the Maxis neighborhoods combined. Dina married Consort Capp, and when he died, Juliette Cap was the heir, but Consort left Dina a nice amount of money to start her own business. She's running a super popular and profitable art gallery in Downtown, and is in platinum aspiration almost all the time.
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    megahood? flower arrangements? how does one dooo all this?! oh, and hello @Mort_Opal ! welcome!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • xoxCandicexoxCandice Posts: 122 Member
    Flower Arrangements!
  • SerenaSimsySerenaSimsy Posts: 28 New Member
    I LOVE TS2! I used to be really in to having magical sims who can create their own potions and items with the cauldron. I would make a ton of them and open a little magic shop to sell it all. Made the most money doing that! I miss TS2 I might go back to playing it....
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I've probably played venues / junk shops most often. I like to have a town club where I can stash a popularity or pleasure sim as the owner and basically just max their aspiration and friend count while the hot tub, swing set, and marshmallow roaster sell the tickets on their own.

I also find that with decent charisma and a fairly popular sim, junk shops are pretty rewarding so long as you take all your cash bonuses first. Stars rack up pretty quick despite having low cashier and sales skills when a sim is gossiping with their customers about half the time.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Estelya000Estelya000 Posts: 7 New Member
    My personal favourite is having a magical items shop run by a witch/warlock. I currently have a good witch and an evil warlock running one in my neighbourhood. I called the shop The Witching Hour :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    My favorite type of business: The Mall.
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I just slap a ticket machine on my lot and everyone shows up. Sometimes free of charge!
    My favourite business. Hehe
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I always liked building the fixer uper cars and turning my home into a car lot to sell them. I don't know why but the thought of my sim being a used car dealership cracks me up.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I always liked building the fixer uper cars and turning my home into a car lot to sell them. I don't know why but the thought of my sim being a used car dealership cracks me up.

I forget where the fixer uper cars are. Could you please tell me? Thanks.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

I forget where the fixer uper cars are. Could you please tell me? Thanks.

It's in -> Sort by Function/Hobbies/Miscellaneous :)
  • actuallyitsjessicaactuallyitsjessica Posts: 136 Member
    Home business. Even though the customers loitering outside, eating their crisps and playing games on the lot annoy me, sometimes, lol. I tried an outdoor restaurant once, and it just fell apart before it even really began. I read on Modthesims, I think, that a family run restaurant is a good idea.