Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited November 2015
    @NewToTheSims , @CathyTea : Yes, the way the forums are set up is a bit... wonky. I don't traverse around much either. I will go out into the Sims 3 sections when I have specific questions regarding how to do something or when something isn't working quite right for me, because there are a few users like TreyNutz and Igazor that seem to always have the answers and are ridiculously skilled with Nraas mod settings, hahaha. (And lets face it, I'm still a newb and just don't know how to do a lot of things!) But mostly I just stay here in Stories and Legacies and sometimes also the Creative Corner to look for builds (since I'm such a cr*p builder myself). And now I have a few threads in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section I'm following, as well. I just tend to bookmark the threads I really like so I can stay updated on those and otherwise don't wander very far, mainly for the very reason LateKnightSimmer describes. I get sick of the complaining and especially the "what's better" or the "us vs. them" talk that abounds all over the boards, which I just couldn't care less about. I had to run into that quite a bit just getting to member status. (I will not even get started on how much I dislike the point grind to member status that has been implimented on these boards...)

And *groans* oh man, speaking of schedules, my head has been such a troll lately I haven't even opened up Sims 3 in like... 2 weeks now? D*mn. At least I've been getting a lot of reading done in the interim... >_>
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    Okay. Off to laundry and packing for me.

:heartbreak: I'm gonna miss you guys. I feel really bad I did such a bad job of getting caught up, but I seriously have like three errands to run and a whole bunch of stuff to get ready before I can leave, and it's officially 12hrs now until the plane will be taking off!!!

Be good while I'm gone. :kissing_heart:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Who loves babies? Everyone does! In this story, the McGildricks get a new addition! Read here: A New Addition
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @RebornMonster Thanks for your interest in my story! :) it's basically my "baby" hahaha I do update a lot (it used to be DAILY updates in the summer, if you can believe it! Now it's 4x a week (I have a set schedule :) ).

I mostly did it to kind of "force" myself to see it through to the end. I've been writing for years and years and I've only ever finished one-chapter stories, and short stories that are less than 10 chapters long (and only two of those, when I was in Middle and High School! Haha).

When I started Dust to Dust, I said to myself "You are finishing this!" And having that schedule has really helped me achieve that goal :) It's also been beneficial for my readers as well. Everyone wins haha (except my social life:.. But I don't have too much of one anyway hahaha)

And thanks for your input about that chapter images! I definitely want to keep it consistent for my readers so I'm gonna try to not stress too much about spoilers :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hey everyone! I've had a busy night. Hope everyone's day went well. Just wanted to share this with you all. My friend @aroseinbloom and I started a video series called Simmers Gab! We'd love for you all to check it out. We made a thread to post the videos and conversation. Hope you enjoy it!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859448/simmers-gab-updated-11-10#latest
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Finally, I get a minute to write out some replies.

@winterbaby20: Not odd at all. I like a little music when I had to study for a test.

@CathyTea: Hi there. Not sure I know you, but I'm still pretty much a newcomer to this thread. More the merrier.

@CitizenErased14: I might wait until your story is done before I start reading. I wish I had an answer, since I don't use images myself. Sorry.

@Lckygrl1975: Yeah, it's nice for a change.

@ValoisFulcanelli: Oh wow. I'm so sorry to hear that. No, really I am. Whatever's wrong, I hope it gets cleared up.

@NewToTheSims: So do I apparently. I don't even like the kids I'm related too, although a few of them turned out okay. Kind of funny you should say that. Yesterday, I was playing Pikmin 2, and I was joking to myself about waiting for them to flower. So, I was singing Let Them Grow. But that sounds pretty funny too. Ditto that, and I've been at it long to enough to get five generations.

@OJenn: Hi there. Always nice to see a new face, although it's nice to see familiar faces too.

@SilentWolf101: Myself, I prefer somewhere in the middle - not too short where there's no picture; not too long so you feel like you're reading the Declaration of Independance. Having said that, I think a chapter should be as long or as short as needed to tell the story. I'll be sure to give yours a look over once I get a chance. I'm still getting used to this.

@RebornMonster: well, in the likely event I missed you, I hope you have a nice four days. Take care. Yeouch. That sounds painful. I remember I once caught my foot in a bike a long time ago, so I can understand one thing - bikes are out to get us.

@Simslover163: I prefer children - at least they can get up and get their own cereal. :tongue:

@RebornMonster: I know that feeling. Of course, in that case, I have 20 babies. :tongue: Well, not exactly. I've written 20 stories, but only a few I really call my "babies."

@Jes2G: Cool. I have it saved to favorites.

If anyone cares about my other gaming exploits, I finally got the win against Georges St-Pierre for the UFC welterweight belt. It was a tough fight, and I barely survived the first round. But in the second round, I came out and I KO'ed him. I've been unstoppable ever since. So much so that they inducted my fighter into the hall of fame, which has never happened in any of my UFC games. I've even taken part in some Pride fights too. One "news" thing asked if there was anyone else left for me to face. I was thinking, not if they know what's good for them. :lol: But now, I have a champion vs. champion match, and I outrank him in everything but footwork. So, I'm betting it'll be a win.

For that St-Pierre fight, my game called it "Redemption." Me, I was thinking, "Retaliation" or "Retribution" would have been a more fitting title.

So, I've done hockey, baseball, basketball, football (college and pro), boxing, and MMA fighter. I'm kind of thinking of putting one of my Peters family in wrestling next. I'm certainly not doing golf. :tongue:
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    @NewToTheSims and @thesealofthesims i'm glad i'm not the only one who needs noise to study or write. my mom finds it odd lol. @NewToTheSims i currently have the finale of gen 2 finished and @ValoisFulcanelli is ill i'm going to have to use your sim Joshua DeLange as the second husband replacement for my gen 3 heir
    Post edited by winterbaby20 on
    edited November 2015
    Holy llamas, I actually got to play some Sims 3 tonight! *gasp shock* Even did a little posing and it seemed like the "teleporting" right afterwards might have done wonders... at least, I didn't get any routing errors on either of the Sims involved. So that tip turned out to be pretty handy indeed!

It seems it is already that time of year where the sickness is abundant. So I hope @ValoisFulcanelli and everyone else that has been fighting the cruds gets over it soon. (Even my headaches have been more frequent and furious than usual lately... just a blechy time of year, I guess. -_-;; )

Since I haven't felt that great lately either I've been spending most of my time reading, but at least that's been good for the reading list (oh, who am I kidding, it's always growing way faster than I could ever keep up with it, hahahaha!) I'm still enjoying short stories and working through those (I did read all the ones that were linked directly in this thread, now I'm just working through the backlog of past month's entries from the Short Story Challenge thread), but I've also found myself in a mood for reality TV/gameshow stories. The weird thing is I can't even stand actual reality TV and don't even watch those kind of shows (except RuPaul's Drag Race... I make one special exception for Drag Queens!) yet I'm finding myself really loving those kind of stories. Not long ago I read @mojot89 's Simvivor and have been waiting for the next episode of that one, and the other night I blasted through all of what's currently available of @Carewren123 's Get a Clue, and I've just started @NewToTheSims / LateKnightSimmer's The Proposal. I'm also working through @Ojenn 's works for the Book Club. And I read the first chapter of @SilentWolf101 's Pets Rescue when that came out as I'd been waiting on it. ^_^ Still so much I want to get to, so many stories, so little time! I guess the only good thing about falling behind in my writing because of my stup*d headaches is that when I'm hurting I usually can still manage enough energy to read a few SimLit chapters a night.

So here is a strange question, but I can assure you there is a reason for it... does anyone know if there is a way in Sims 3, using mods or cheats or whatever, to "force" an alien abuction? If no one knows I might just go ask over in the Season forum, but you guys are so smart, there might be something rather simple that I'm just not aware of.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    My mind's drawing a blank, @mastressalita . I know there was in sims2...but I never played much 3. I assume since there is in 2 and a way to encourage abductions in 4...there has to be something. Especially if you don't need a pregnancy.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    edited November 2015
    @ra3rei : Nope, definitely don't have to worry about pregnancy (as the sim in question is female anyway, heh). It's more an issue of getting screenshots of the ship and the sim being s*cked up into it, etc. If there isn't a way to stage it (cause I sure as heck am not going to play for days on end "hoping" it might happen) then I just need to scrap the idea baby I have going at the moment for something else entirely, pretty much. ^_^;;;
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @ra3rei : Nope, definitely don't have to worry about pregnancy (as the sim in question is female anyway, heh). It's more an issue of getting screenshots of the ship and the sim being sucked up into it, etc. If there isn't a way to stage it (cause I sure as heck am not going to play for days on end "hoping" it might happen) then I just need to scrap the idea baby I have going at the moment for something else entirely, pretty much. ^_^;;;

The telescope, right? I think I also encouraged them when I had a lot of space rocks on the property...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Briefly popping in just to say hi and reply to a couple of people. This week has been so busy, it's the first time I've been on the forums since Sunday, although I did post in my thread to say that my update would be late.
    @MayaRose1138, @msbeckycat : Hello! *waves*

*waves again!* We'll wear out our virtual arms doing this all the time :)
    @MayaRose1138 OMG! 10 babies!! :grimace: Good luck with that. Don't get me wrong, I adore my babies, but I think I'd end up slapping somebody if I had to deal with 10 of them at once!!! Hopefully you have one or two that are going to be teenagers soon that decide to be helpful. :sweat_smile:

I *love* families on sims :) Probably because I love kids in real life despite not having any of my own :( And I enjoy seeing the genetics that come out in the kids.

On my ISBI experimental game, my sims have ten kids (because I'm terrible at judging how to get twins!). I can't remember the genetics of the 10 kids at the moment but most have their father's eyes and fairy wings. Only two got a good mix of genetics, getting mother's skin colour and father's hair colour, and at least three of the boys are almost identical in colour to their father. And all ten are now children, with the oldest two about to age into teens. And mother is pregnant again because, silly me, I allowed risky woohoo to happen whenever they woohoo and even at a success rate of only 5%, she still got pregnant because they woohoo every chance they get!!
    So here is a strange question, but I can assure you there is a reason for it... does anyone know if there is a way in Sims 3, using mods or cheats or whatever, to "force" an alien abuction? If no one knows I might just go ask over in the Season forum, but you guys are so smart, there might be something rather simple that I'm just not aware of.

Go here: http://modthesims.info/d/493379

This mod eliminates the chance of alien abduction or increases it to almost 100%. I thought I had the More Alien Abductions mod but since they won't abduct my sims AT ALL at the moment, I don't think I do :D

I *love* families on sims :) Probably because I love kids in real life despite not having any of my own :( And I enjoy seeing the genetics that come out in the kids.

On my ISBI experimental game, my sims have ten kids (because I'm terrible at judging how to get twins!). I can't remember the genetics of the 10 kids at the moment but most have their father's eyes and fairy wings. Only two got a good mix of genetics, getting mother's skin colour and father's hair colour, and at least three of the boys are almost identical in colour to their father. And all ten are now children, with the oldest two about to age into teens. And mother is pregnant again because, silly me, I allowed risky woohoo to happen whenever they woohoo and even at a success rate of only 5%, she still got pregnant because they woohoo every chance they get!!

The genetics are always fun, and a bit interesting. When my fifth generation came about, their parents both had black hair. Well, the two boys, one came out with brown hair, and the other blonde. Then they had a girl, and she was naturally blonde. I dyed her hair black though. Then their last kid, another girl turned out blonde too.

And then when Adam, the brown haired kid and his wife had their baby, she was naturally black-haired. Go figure.

The one thing I wanted at least one kid to pick up was their mom's Asian Culture trait.

• Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

The genetics are always fun, and a bit interesting. When my fifth generation came about, their parents both had black hair. Well, the two boys, one came out with brown hair, and the other blonde. Then they had a girl, and she was naturally blonde. I dyed her hair black though. Then their last kid, another girl turned out blonde too.

And then when Adam, the brown haired kid and his wife had their baby, she was naturally black-haired. Go figure.

The one thing I wanted at least one kid to pick up was their mom's Asian Culture trait.

I love genetics too! I think TS4 does genetics extremely well. Sometimes I don't actually play the game. I just go in create-a-sim and mix and match Sims and see who I come out with. :)
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi all. ^_^

Well, I bought/downloaded Fallout 4 last night and I'll be playing it today, probably when I get off of work because I don't want to be interrupted. I can't wait to play it, I'm so excited! Goodbye world, it was nice knowing you XD

@thesealofthesims You're welcome for the link ^_^ Ohh, Niko's a good choice haha then again they're all good choices >_< Hahaha you can do it! You can beat St Pierre, I believe in you!

@Lckygrl1975 Ahh, being lazy over the weekend is never a bad thing, that's exactly what I did XD I hope the part that you need for your equitment comes in so you can get working on that overtime :smiley:

@ValoisFulcanelli Sorry to hear about how bad you're feeling D: I hope all that pain goes away soon and that you feel better!

@CathyTea @OJenn @Simslover163 Welcome to the thread!

@msbeckycat Aww D: I hope you're feeling better!

@RebornMonster I am feeling better, thanks ^_^ You haven't been feeling good, either? Man, I think everyone in here is going through that now! I hope it all goes away soon >_< Ohh I see! Yes, I'll be showing the other kids that Oliver and Isaiah have, too, next generation and even on tumblr perhaps before the new gen starts. I posted a picture recently on my tumblr of the little girl they just had. She's so cute I can't stand it! She has blonde hair, Isaiah's eyes and Oliver's freckles *melts* And then they had twins, a girl and a boy, but I won't be posting about them soon.. They'll be in the new gen, though :)
    Oh, and I already have Supernatural XD Maybe it's just difficult to tell that I do since I don't let it show in pictures for my stories. I don't like the cheesy aspect of it where werewolves transform (because they're hideous) or vampires with grey skin or fairy wings. I don't like that stuff in my pictures, so I have almost all of them turned off in the settings. XD
    Eeeeee I can't wait till the poll is over and I can announce who won! Which then also means that I get to start my BF Challenge :mrgreen: wooooooo! Thanks for voting and taking advantage of the "multiple voting option" too! ;D

@everyone Hey there! *waves*
    Post edited by MrsOogieBoogie on
    Hi all. ^_^

Well, I bought/downloaded Fallout 4 last night and I'll be playing it today, probably when I get off of work because I don't want to be interrupted. I can't wait to play it, I'm so excited! Goodbye world, it was nice knowing you XD

@thesealofthesims You're welcome for the link ^_^ Ohh, Niko's a good choice haha then again they're all good choices >_< Hahaha you can do it! You can beat St Pierre, I believe in you!

We all have games like that. Right now, UFC 3 is mine. XD

Well, your belief must have worked, because I did beat him yesterday, so that makes me the welterweight champion. It was quite the fight. First round, he was in good form. I just barely managed to survive. Then, in round 2, I started taking the cage back, and I wound up knocking him out. And I've been dominating ever since, so much so that my fighter ended up in the Hall of Fame.

I called my fighter, The Hurricane, and I'd say his name fits. My favorite move is the spinning back fist, and I do it so much, it's become my signature.

Now, I'm soon to take part in a champion vs. champion match. Thankfully, it's not against St-Pierre. I'm better than I was, but I don't want to have to fight him again in my guy's career.

edited November 2015
    EDIT: Nevermind!
    Post edited by CitizenErased14 on
    snvAF3B.png
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Yes, I did say that, because that's what I MYSELF feel. I can't really speak for everyone else, but I honestly don't think people care what version of Sims you or I or they play. I am trying to make whatever borders there are go away, we can't feel comfortable if we keep being suspicious of each other. Like I WANT us all to be friends because we're all here in this forum for a reason, we all love Sims. Friends have fights sometimes, I suppose, and things aren't always hunky-dory but I don't want everyone who's posting to feel suspicious and uncomfortable. Again, I can't control other people, nor do I want to, but I do want to remain civil with everyone while discussing our Sims, otherwise there would be no point for me to be in the forums. As it is, I purposely avoid threads where posters seem to be bashing each other for their opinions, which I don't think this one does, therefore, I'm in this thread. Also just because someone states their opinion, it's not a personal attack against you or TS4. As long as no one is saying something specific to you telling you that you are offensive, it's safe to say that no one thinks you're offensive. LOL. I posted my TS4 Simself in here the other day for that very reason, to show people that versions don't matter to me.

I feel like some people think the walls exist because it's them giving the walls power, like if you think something bad will happen, then you're just tense and edgy, and then something bad potentially does happen. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy that doesn't need to occur.

@everyone else - I will reply shortly I just wanted to let @CitizenErased14 know that she's not causing trouble.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hi there :) I've been lurking on this thread for a while and just wanted to Pop in and say hi, I'm July :) I'm a TS2 and TS4 Player and I love sims and sims stories! seeing some familiar faces around already.
    @NewToTheSims Thank you for your reply, and also for how welcoming you've been :) I edited my original comment because I want to just let it go now haha. But I appreciate your kindness :)
    snvAF3B.png
    @Julyvee94 welcome to the forum
  • MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    @thesealofthesims Yayyy you defeated him! Hahaha nice nickname, too, The Hurricane >:D Well, keep practicing! I'm sure you'll be able to go undefeated on the hardest level in no time ;D

@CitizenErased14 I read what you said before you deleted it and was going to comment on it, but if you're over it, I won't say what I was going to.

@NewToTheSims Agreed.

@Julyvee94 Welcome to the thread!

@winterbaby20 hellooo!
    @MrsOogieBoogie Yes, I'm just going to let it go :) I don't want to start an argument, and I know that that's what I was going to do if I kept it going. Thanks anyway (well, I say thanks without knowing what you were actually going to say :lol: now it will be an interesting mystery to ponder :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
    @MrsOogieBoogie hey! i hope you are having a good day
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Thanks for the Welcome ^^ I think I'm heading ingame now :) Hope you all have a nice day