Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite song(s) from The Sims 2?

PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
When I say "songs" I mean from the stereo, not when in Build/Buy mode or CAS or Neighbourhood view.
My favourites are Hope "Angels" from Bon Voyage, "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Beddingfield, "Outsider" from the College Rock station and also "Turn out the Lights" by The New Amsterdams. Oh, another one, "Chemicals React" by Aly and AJ.

Comments

• rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    That one with the salsa. I like that.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    TBH, I never really listened to anything outside of classical, IIRC. Maybe Jazz? Was there a Jazz station? Anyway, I liked the classical selections.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    I love the R&B station. The music is good and the simlish cracks me up.
  • ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    I loved the metal station. How could that one even make it into the game is a hilarious question to start with. I expected few tracks ala Iron Maiden or maybe even a hard rock. What we got was just beyond awesome.. well, to me, I honestly don't know how many simmers have the same music preference as I do.
  • miss_squeebsmiss_squeebs Posts: 60 Member
    I really enjoyed the Simlish cover of Smile by Lily Allen that came with Seasons. I know that song better in Simlish than in English! haha
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'll never forget when I started to play Sims 2 and like a good noob I took AGES to learn that actually we could change the radio station from Salsa :D Ironically, I fell in love with Salsa since then 'cause even so I was having so much fun with the game.

My favorites (I have them all in my pc <3 )

"Heartbeat" - Annie
    "Pocketful of Sunshine" - Natasha Bedinfield
    "Love Is Wicked" - Brick & Lace
    "Smile" - Lily Allen
    "Hot'n Cold" - Katy Perry
    "Don't Cha" - The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Dolls
    "When It All Falls Apart" - The Veronicas
    "Hit It" - Isabelle Huang
    "Zoom" - Tata Young
    "Girl Next Door" - Saving Jane
    Bonito
    Cherry ChaCha
    Chocolate
    Smoove
    When Love Walks Away

ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    Proxim wrote: »
    I loved the metal station. How could that one even make it into the game is a hilarious question to start with. I expected few tracks ala Iron Maiden or maybe even a hard rock. What we got was just beyond awesome.. well, to me, I honestly don't know how many simmers have the same music preference as I do.

Agreed!
    To the OP, I mostly listened to my own music, but I was darn jazzed about Depeche Mode's Suffer Well w/ OFB. haha
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    The one that went something something lola nosina ney... something something linasan dey... ow decto wey... noda nodeie... something something
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thats actually the one area of TS2 that annoys me. I typically go straight into the options menu and mute all music. Build/buy as well as in game music from radios.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    I've always been partial to Sway in the College Rock station. My sister loved Fly Floam De Flirt.
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Suffer Well by Depeche Mode
    It Wouldn't Be So Bad which I guess is EA made.
    Black Shoes by The Films
    Fa-Fa-Fa by Datarock if only because it always gets stuck in my head.
    Not a Love Song by Uh Huh Her
    Ghosts by Ladytron
    Love Me Dead by Ludo
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Mine are suffer well and future becaus i love depeche mode and cut copy in real life :3
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

I love the music that came with Uni- College Rock. Most of those songs were great. :mrgreen:
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    hellojewby wrote: »
    Proxim wrote: »

Agreed!
    To the OP, I mostly listened to my own music, but I was darn jazzed about Depeche Mode's Suffer Well w/ OFB. haha

*waves* Another Simmer who loves the harder music!
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Thats actually the one area of TS2 that annoys me. I typically go straight into the options menu and mute all music. Build/buy as well as in game music from radios.

Allllways replace(d) it with TS1 music. That one never seems to get old after all these years :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Too Shy - Kajagoogoo I always ended up singing it in English and added the English version.

There were three Barenaked Ladies songs that they recorded in Simish for EA/Maxis that I downloaded from the old BBS. They are "Easy", "What a Letdown" and "Wind It Up". So much fun to listen to and I have them on my iPod.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.