Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Case for Xfiles, Taken Over By BodySnatchers

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 2
When did this happen? While I was asleep? While I was fussing about kids can't play tag? ;) I don't know when or how it happened but I feel brainwashed. What is she talking about?

Everyone knows I love TS2 more than all the games, best game evah, but something strange is in the neighborhood, who you gonna call? :p

I tried to play my TS2 UC this weekend and I found myself missing I couldn't make my Sim go across the street and pick up a rock. WTH? I don't even like collecting in TS3 or TS4.

I couldn't leave one Sim on a community lot and then go to another community lot or public space with another. I was very frustrated.

I couldn't make Sims cry with 'bring to tears' with the violin. And I missed my sad Sims couldn't call the helpline.

I missed I couldn't go to work with my doctor even though I despise check lists. I missed seeing how much my doctor could get by with not doing on those check lists and still have fun at work, or an affair, or take a nap, or a long walk to the police station where he could eat his lunch.

I missed Sims couldn't take their drink and go sit down and talk to other Sims. They had to remain standing. They could chat to each other but most the time they were back to back etc.

I couldn't bring a Sim to a community lot where I was currently with a controlled Sim so I could easily switch, remain there and send the first one back home. Or have them both engage with Sims there.

I couldn't have an alien who erases other Sims memories, or freeze them with a ray gun, :D

There was so much I could do in one but not the other, and vice versa.

Hide the children:

O.K. it's official, I realized I actually like TS4.

It needs much more for me to love it, but I have come to the conclusion I have actually been invaded by body snatchers, sometime within the last year, because TS2 was always and forever my back up game, play it when all else fails, and now it is failing me. It didn't hold that special something, this time, I kept thinking about the things I wanted to do in TS4, or couldn't yet, and though I love TS2 forever, I found myself really wanting to go back to TS4 and play my Clue household, even though they should have a butler, be able to go out to eat, and drive a limo...lol...

or my other many families in TS4. Can't say I enjoy kids in this game, but I do enjoy my other Sims lifestages except for teens..and we all know why...

I missed the public spaces, the collecting (only because I like the ancient fossils my Sims can collect) and I missed dragging a cube to build a house.

I like these Sims I just wish they had much, much more to do like being able to create stuff themselves, I need weather, and pets, and restaurants and more chaos and death, but don't blame me, blame the body snatchers. Not my favorite but I guess I have learned to have some fun with it, if it actually made me miss it when I played TS2 this weekend.

Hades must have frozen over.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nicely put. :)

TS4 certainly does have it good points!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have decorated cookies.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have decorated cookies.

I think I have been here all along, just in denial. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    One of us, one of us...
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    It's weird, isn't it? My heart belongs to Sims 3 but I find it hard to go back. You can never know with video games.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

edited November 2015
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    It's weird, isn't it? My heart belongs to Sims 3 but I find it hard to go back. You can never know with video games.

It makes it very complicated because they all offer something amazing we enjoy and if we float back and forth we only wind up frustrated with one or the other, or at least I do. But somewhere along the line, these Sims became special and I had no attachment to them at all. Maybe it's just me putting an emotion to them. That is how I felt about TS1 and TS2 Sims, they were 'special' and 'important' to me. Don't know what has happened but I wouldn't want to delete the Sims I have in my game. ETA: And or delete my game. And that says a lot to me, it means they have grown on me, and I actually like playing them.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I have been swinging back and forth. I still think TS2 was the best Sims game out there because of it's gameplay and the fullness of its expansions, rather than having to buy things frequently and bit by bit.

Each of the subsequent games added something to the game, but also detracted from the original concept of the Sims. That's why I had hoped TS4 would be more like 2 as far as gameplay and interactions, but allow Sims to leave their lots.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Bwahaha we have you now >:)
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    \O/ YAY

I think it's great more people are starting to appreciate what the sims 4 does right rather than dwell on what is different/missing from previous iterations.

• Medhia_NoxMedhia_Nox Posts: 79 Member
    That's great!

All the Sims games have so much to offer.

I can't wait for Sims 4 to really catch up in terms of content to the other iterations - then hopefully more of those who are unhappy with Sims 4 make come to appreciate it as a valuable member of the Sims Legacy.
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Bwahaha we have you now >:)

Pretty much I'm in the tank for TS4. :D I can not say I have never had fun in this game. Because I have. It would be dishonest of me to say it's never made me laugh, and or filled a few hours of game time. I hope we get a lot of things that were in the other games. It's been extremely frustrating this past year to get stuff back in dribs and drabs. But it has improved over the last year, I can honestly say that. I have bucket list of things that would improve it for me, but just have to wait around with everyone else now, and see if an EP can bring more gameplay like the others. I really wish this game had some weather and seasonal events. I thought Seasons was one of the best EPs ever for TS2, but I also enjoyed the events they added in TS3. I thought they were super. I hope this game will bring back some stuff like that.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Welcome aboard, Cinebar. Every time I try to go backward, missing some essential items in Sims4, I find myself going through the very same emotions as you described. I can't get the Sims to look as good, I try to click on a house segment, wanting to make the room bigger, etc. Oddly, the thing I don't miss from TS3, is all that recoloring. I used to use it a lot, too. But, now I feel liberated. I no longer take two hours to create Sims, for instance. Also, between creating my Sims and setting up their town, which would take another two hours or so, I now have time to actually play the game. TS4 is still missing things, but I expect we won't feel that way for very long.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'm happy you have more to love now, @Cinebar :) Sometimes I wish I'd been active on forums earlier; maybe when I started to find Sims 3 annoying me, someone would have given me a nudge back to Sims 2, and I'd have had two games to go between and been a happier Simmer - maybe happier with both in the end! For some reason, I never even thought of doing that. (Yes, that's pathetic, I know. When I do pathetic, I do it really well.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Welcome. :naughty: May TS4th be with you!

But yeah, it's an odd feeling when you realize it. It was instantly for me. Like, since the CAS demo, I just couldn't go back to TS2. Then my computer died and now I really can't go back to TS2, but I'm happy with the TS4. Very happy. May be addicted...shhhh.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    "and there was much rejoicing."
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yup thats pretty much where I am at I miss things from the sims 4 you can't do in the other games.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    lol welcome to the sims4 officaly
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited November 2015
    Just curious about my thread. How is saying I couldn't actually get into TS2 this weekend but actually wound up loading up TS4 after an hour or so, belong in The Sims 2 Discussion Section? I was trying to pay TS4 a compliment. ROFL..o.k. then I guess moving it here makes sense, since I have no idea how it does....ETA: But if you had read my thread moderators, you would see I was actually saying what I like about TS4 and why I missed it while I was trying to play TS2 this weekend. :(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I never had a problem playing TS, TS2, TS3 and switching between them. TS4 doesn't even get my interest so I don't play- there's nothing to miss from it.

edited November 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I never had a problem playing TS, TS2, TS3 and switching between them. TS4 doesn't even get my interest so I don't play- there's nothing to miss from it.

I understand what you mean. I never have either, but I do play TS4 so I did miss the things I listed in TS4. Especially about being able to take one Sim to a community lot and play them for awhile then got distracted left them there and went to play another in the same household on a different community lot. I actually do really appreciate we can do that in TS4 if we have to deal with a semi closed world. But it's not as good as being able to do that in TS3 without having to go through a loading screen just zoom from one to the other in that game. So, if TS2 had this feature TS4 has, I would love it in TS2. Because I do like that feature in this game. It would have been a great improvement on TS2's closed system.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm glad you are enjoying it Cinebar.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm glad you like it more now Cin. I"ve gone through the "it's not in this one" thing more than once. When I play 2 I miss things from 3 and 4. When I play 3 it's 2 and 4 and the 2 and 3 in 4. I still have to wait on fixes though. I've tried several time to like 4 more but to me it's broken. If they ever get around to fixing it maybe I can try more.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Really? Really!?!?!

Epic%20Flip_zps00rdqnri.gif

Just kidding! :) I'm glad you found something to like about TS4. I, however, am still struggling to find anything to hook me and would actually rather play Urbz or Sims Bustin' Out on console than TS4.

Happy Simming!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg