Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting Sims 2 UC eps

taliaangenitaliaangeni Posts: 2 New Member
There are some eps I never cared for. Will I ruin the game if I delete any of the eps?

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I sadly don't know. I'm 97% sure, that this will. You should actually try them out, because all expansion pack make game better.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    In the times I deleted some eps (they're all back in now because I'm playing in Ultimate Collection) I had to reinstall the whole thing without them. Caused some odd little bugs and such to just remove them and leave everything else. But Reinstalling without them did the trick.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    taliaangenitaliaangeni Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks! I guess I will just keep 'em in.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Save files in TS2 that have been loaded with an EP installed are irrevocably changed. So if you uninstall an EP, your current save files can't be understood by the game. Each EP always warned you when installing it, back in the day.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    Also, TS2 never worked like TS3. You can't uninstall SPs either, and expect the game not to crash if you play a save that included those SPs that are now removed. I always saved my games with names like Before Bon Voyage was Installed etc. and I am also considering uninstalling UC because it doesn't have all the bug fixes in it like my EPs installed in order (is very important) and patches. I may have to do without some of the SPs but I am considering it. Because it burns me up when they put these comp packs in the UC they don't really have all the patches in them. Where as right before UC I had all the patches and didn't have these problems caused by the combinations of packs they put in the UC. One reason I never bought the comp packs because they do contain bugs. And this depresses me since I had played for awhile last year in UC and now will have to revert back to much early saves.

But Note MTS says we will have a problem if we never Uninstalled S2 and it's EP and just installed UC (and that is what I did) I didn't uninstall any of mine..and now stuck trying to figure out how to uninstall UC without it taking out my individual EPs. Because my Seasons EP Cd is cracked/ broken. Argh
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.