Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to slot chairs into tables/desks?

Hi,

I'm new to playing the Sims 2, and I can't seem to get past a small issue -- I'm not sure how to slot chairs into things like dining tables, desks, etc.
Having played Sims 3 and 4, I thought they would automatically slot themselves, like 3 and 4 do, but it seems that they don't (the gaming tables do, however!). Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

I think I'm using the right types of chairs. Dining chairs for the tables, and what looks like desk chairs for the desks. Yet, when my sim tries to use the computer or something, she can't because I guess she can't recognize a chair is there because it is not slotted correctly.

Sooo can anyone help? It's a pretty big issue when your sims can't use the furniture in the house I just spent a few hours designing. :grimace:

Also, I tried it with cheats like moveobjects, snapobjectstogrid, etc., and without and both turn up dead ends. :pensive:

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
♥♥♥
sims-traits.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    If it's the right type of chair in the right position it will slide up to the table once you go back into live mode and let the game run. It will never actually clip to the table like they do in sims 3 and later though. Nor will the chairs snap to the right location/rotation. Some chairs do indeed look like they should work at a desk or whatever, but don't, and I remember it took me a while to work out how the chess tables needed to be placed with the timer on the side. I have never seen chess played with a timer in real life so I didn't even realise what that little bump was at first, lol.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Make sure you have moveobjects off. I find that with it on (sometimes with it off even) the game will allow me to place the chair on the opposite side of the desk from where its needed to use the pc. As Frogprincess_q says, just place the chair in the square behind the desk and it should slide forward into place when you hit live mode.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    Okay, after a couple tries with moveobjects off, I was able to see the chairs slide in in live mode and I had my sim test them all out too. Works great!

Thank you both! :smile:

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg