Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    @Jes2G : I am trying to work back through the August and September archives, hahaha! I actually spent my Halloween evening after work reading through all the October ones. I consider that a pretty awesome Halloween, just sittin' in, reading SimLit all night... (I'm pathetic, aren't I?)

I will definitely check it out. ^_^ I know what you mean, there never seems to be enough time, is there? I only recently learned about the thread, but still want to try writing something using the August and September themes sometime, regardless! Maybe you'll feel so inclined to write ones for months you missed in the future when you have the time available too? Hahahaha! I find it fun, though for me it's quite challenging as well... I've never been good at short stories! (That's no reason not to try though, right? Improvement isn't going to happen by never trying...)

I've really been enjoying reading them, though. I love seeing all the different takes on a single theme!

I honestly wish I enjoyed reading that much! I don't know what it is, but I just can't sit down and read all day like that. My mind wanders. It's really sad.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Heeeey, @NewToTheSims!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Oh...you guys don't know me yet, but even online I'm a bit of an introvert at times. I'm silent a lot, but I'm always lurking around. So, if you notice I disappear sometimes, that's why.

Anywho...it's waaaaaay past my bed time! Good night, everyone!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    @LateKnightSimmer

Lmao. I actually ended up getting seasons simply because I wanted Aliens. Shortly after it came out I was reading a Legacy story where the person writing it was TRYING to get their sim abducted, but no matter how long he played it just NEVER HAPPENED :mrgreen: I was toying with the idea of doing an alien many-baby challenge, but dropped it for whatever reason.

I actually love seasons in general, but I can not tell you how many times snow has messed with me. Either it'll make my sims change outfits in the middle of a scene (and I haven't always been good about noticing when that happens) or I've been forced to mess with my timeline or re-shoot a picture because you could see it was winter outside when it wasn't supposed to be. It's impossible to play in "real time". I looked it up. Every day would be about 3 months - which means every day would be a different season and sims would live an inordinate 240days or more!

Oh - I had been inspired to ask about OC characters you've borrowed/lended because so many from BC's are borrowed/lent, but I didn't mean necessarily just of the BC sims which was your favorite. I just meant in general. I remember you doing your "hot-guys-gallery" once upon a time, so I thought maybe you did that sort of stuff a lot. You're a much better sim-maker than I am! :sweat_smile:

Lmao. I actually downloaded Max and I believe I still have him, but I never did do anything with him. I felt worried that I couldn't write for him quite perfectly and just wasn't happy with anything I did. :pensive: But, he's still saved to my hard drive - so there's that! :sweat_smile: I'm definitely going to just let him hang out since you feel that way. I totally respect and understand that feeling :kissing_smiling_eyes: .

David Enegra is awesome! It looks like you did a lot of work on him too! He's got a really nice, distinct face (if that isn't an odd thing to say. I feel very Ed Gein saying that. Lol) Too bad he didn't get used very much. His sleeves are AMAZING! I can never get tattoos to look decent!! :tired_face:

Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi

@MrsOogieBoogie, Glad you’re not afraid to speak your mind and now feel better about addressing the issue. As for my equipment, I hope they fix it because I want to do overtime with xmas coming up.

@NewToTheSims, I like my lay in but I don’t mind getting up early for work because it means I finish early and get on with other things :)

@ValoisFulcanelli, Glad you had a nice day off full of simming  The pictures were great and yes if you scrolled too far…oh well got a nice surprise lol

@SilentWolf101, Hi and how are you?

@RebornMonster, Hi, How are things?

@winterbaby20, Replied to your comment :) how are you?

@mastressalita, My shoulder pain is ok ish but I have good days and bad days, thanks for asking

To everyone, I’ll explain about my shoulder…I have CP (Slight Cerebral Palsy) weakness on right side. Apparently due to the way I was brought up people don’t believe me when I tell them because they say they can’t tell. My parents made me exercise until I fell asleep, what I mean by that basic things like getting dressed because one handed when you’re a toddler and don’t know why is hard. Anyway a few years back because I do everything one handed including getting a roast out of the oven lol it took its toll on my good side. I tried painkillers etc and they worked for awhile but was told exercise was the way forward. I was referred to the gym and I can’t believe I’m saying this because I thought they were joking but it works. It forces my body to work both sides and the pain most days goes away. The meds have stopped even though occasionally I still take them if it gets to bad but that is why I change from typing to Dragon so I can still write and game :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Hi everyone! Even if I don't mention you by name, I know you're here :)

Re the 'plum' discussion: I updated the other day and the forum censored two surnames! P.eacock and W.ang. Why allow them to be used in a sims game but not the o

@MrsOogieBoogie: *waves back* Hi! You make some very good points, so I'll be doing my best to participate on this forum :) I should point out that I am quiet in real life and likely would, at a party, not talk to anyone except people I know, but on forums I always try to reply to anyone who has 'talked' to me.
    In game-related news, I grew up my little budding inventor (and his brother) from a few pages back, so this is what they look like now.

Top L-R: Andrew (the inventor) as a teen and a YA
    Bottom L-R: Brandon as a teen and YA

wolffboyscomp.jpg

Oh my, they're gorgeous :) I did start reading your story some time back but stopped because I wasn't comfortable with the direction it was taking. (I can't remember what that direction was, just that it wasn't something I wanted to read). But your story is extremely well done, so congratulations :)
    @MayaRose1138 :shudder: I can't imagine doing an ISBI challenge. I struggle to even just let PETS do their own thing all the time when I'm free-playing, much less the sims. :sweat_smile: Good luck if you do decide to do it. They're always a riot to read. lol

I'm currently trying an experimental ISBI when I get tired of the Adoption Challenge, and it's been interesting :) I micro-manage as well, although I can let the pets do their own thing! But I miscalculated during the pregnancies and soon there will be ten children running around causing havoc without my guidance :D I'm still trying to work out whether an ISBI combined with a 100BC would work....

Although I have now come up with an idea for an Into the Future legacy. Instead of one sim or one family of sims doing all the statues, each heir over five generations would have to do one of the statues. But I think I'd better stop thinking of future ideas and concentrate on the one I'm supposed to be doing!

• Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    @RebornMonster The lack of CASt in TS4 is a deal-breaker for me. In TS3 you can take any base game pattern and make it look completely different, but in TS4 you simply can't do that. I've seen the frustration of creators who have to make tons of versions and swatches for each type of CC they're making, rather than just being able to make two or three options that the end user can then customise further. I know that there's the strong suspicion that TS4 was initially developed as a more mobile-based game (for tablets, etc) and that's probably why things such as CASt fell by the wayside, since - if people are anything like me - saving edited versions of pre-installed patterns soon begins to eat up memory, but it's the one thing I really do wish they'd change.

@mastressalita That's so nice of the library to send sympathy cards. I've worked in a service-based job (in my case, retail) before, and - like you - I saw my 'regulars' like clockwork. They don't exactly become friends, but they are familiar faces who like to stop and have a chat, and you do feel closer to them than you do to the other patrons who you never see (or see enough to recognise) on a recurring basis. And I'm that kind of person who starts to worry if I haven't seen Mrs So-and-So for a few weeks when she usually pops in at least once a week.

Aha! Thanks for mentioning Igazor's explanation of the copies the game creates. The random age-up weirdnesses make a lot more sense now that I know that!

Thanks, too, for the mention of the Short Story Challenges thread. Since the aesthetics of TS4 don't appeal to me I never venture into the TS4 stories area, but that thread welcomes stories from any Sims game, so I might have a go at that. 1500 words is perfectly do-able in a day :)

*shift-clicks your mailbox and sets all needs to static* (Wouldn't that be SUCH a handy thing to be able to do?!)

@NewToTheSims The resizing (on one's own blog; it never happens on the dashboard) is the main thing that bugs me about Tumblr. Well, a lot more would bug me about it if I didn't run XKit in order to alter all of the annoying 'improvements' they keep making to it, but you know what I mean ;)

Tumblr is great for short stories. I do have a few on there, but the format is a bit limiting because you either have to upload all of your pics in full size and then have the writing underneath them, or you can embed the pics inline with the writing, but they're sized down to the width of the post. Most of my side-stories are NC-17 at some point or another, so it's probably not a good idea to link them here, anyway! :mrgreen:

I, too, don't like winter IRL (I have a half hour walk to work in it, and I've done that for about the last 12 years. My 'inclement weather' kit is amazing, from 'thermal this and that' to 'waterproof other' by way of ice grips and whatnot) but I absolutely love winter in The Sims! There's something so peaceful about the snow drifting down, about how it piles up against things. I guess my love for snow in TS3 equates with being able to sit IRL, nice and warm, indoors and be hypnotised by snow falling outside.

@MayaRose1138 The thing that surprised me the most (I was actually quite taken aback by it) was when I realised the forum 'plums' the names of various sexualities. (If it 'plummed' that word, then I mean the specific orientations of people when it comes to getting between the sheets.) Yes, the game is meant for a 12+ age group, but by then most kids have already had official education in that subject, and I think that by censoring the words on this forum EA are doing a disservice to the LGBTQIA community.

I found this out when I wanted to quote from one chapter I had, in which Gunther came out as bi. I had to hyphenate the word (to "bi-sexual") which, of course, is not how it's spelled, in order for the forum to accept it.

Thank you for giving my story a go! I know it's not to everyone's taste, since it does get very dark and twisty and there are some trigger warnings in some chapters. What I've been seriously considering of late is adding extra links in those chapters that contain warnings, right under the warning notice itself at the top of the page. This way, those who might be triggered by certain parts of the chapter can click to read the exact same chapter, but with the triggering section briefly summarised. Then, at the end, another click will take them to the next chapter. I only have perhaps two or three chapters that would need to be dealt with in this way, so it's not too much work.

@Everyone I have a late shift at work today (4pm - 8pm; I love working part-time!). While this does mean I have my whole day to myself at home, it also means I'm clock-watching for most of that day. I decided this afternoon that I'm going to set an alarm on my phone in future, so I can stop worrying that I might start getting ready for work late and end up rushing. I'm almost done catching up with everything that fell by the wayside when I was doing loooooong shifts, so I'll be ready to dive back into my story soon.

One random thing happened in-game last night. Valois was two basement levels deep, and a storm was raging overhead at ground level. And WOW, did the thunder sound absolutely amazing from that second-level basement; far better than it sounds when you're at ground level. I had some ominous music playing, and I was actually creeped out by it.
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @NewToTheSims : Woo, more stories for me to read! Look at you guys, spoon-feeding me delicious things to read through! I'm going to get fat on all this wonderful literary prose!

@Jes2G : Heh, reading that much might be more of a curse than a blessing... I'll chalk it up to my Bookworm trait. ^_~ And it's alright, I'm actually an extremely introverted person as well. Offline (I refuse to use the "in real life" term everyone else uses, cause guess what? I'm still real and alive and this is part of my life when I go online!) I'm very quiet, I don't really have any local friends, I live alone and keep to myself. Other than working a fulltime job, I'm quite the hikkokomori/hermit. I tend to talk as much as I'm comfortable with, and tend to drop off for periods of time when I just "need to be alone" too.

@Lckygrl1975 : Ah, I had a friend with CP, though his was a case of affecting his legs. He did a lot of hand-related crafts as hobbies, since his hands/arms were pretty much unaffected and he had a hard time getting around and liked sedentary hobbies (he made really awesome custom jewelry!) I'm glad that exercise and speech-recognition software helps so much with your pain management so you can keep on writing and doing other hobbies you love so much. ^_^

@ValoisFulcanelli : I did a short story last month using Sims 3 and no one stoned me for it, so you'll be fine. Yes, it's in the Sims 4 forum (that's how I missed it at first too, but I'm trying to check in there a few times a week to Stop The Segregation Now!) but any game can be used. I think they are blast to read, myself!

And I so agree about the censoring on these forums, and how wrong it is it filters out orientation words, since I ran into that with my own orientation in this very thread not that long ago (and my own orientation is one of the "somewhat unknown" ones, too). Yes, very much a disservice to LGBTQQIAA community, and it isn't like those words are offensive... they are the proper terms, and typically the "short" terms (like Straight) are still fine through the censor, so... why? I fail to understand. So I guess if I write a short story on my site for A-sexuality Awareness Week, I know the only way I'll get to promote it on the forums is by spelling the very word I'm trying to promote awareness of incorrectly... *headdesk* Thanks EA!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Lckygrl1975 i'm doing well. How are you doing?
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @RebornMonster I have to keep my replies short right now because I'm at work haha. But I agree with a lot of what you said about TS4 and how it hopefully catch up to TS3 eventually! :)

And as for authors responding to comments on completed stories, I still take the time to "like" every comment, and reply to most of them too! I actually love seeing comments from first time readers on past chapters. It makes me kind of relive the experience I had writing it! :) I find those ones to be very fun to reply to :)

@mastressalita Thank you so much for mentioning my short stories! That was very sweet of you. I LOVE those short story challenges. They are so fun! I am horribly behind on reading October's entries so I may miss my chance to vote :( But I am still going to read them regardless, and I can't wait to read yours! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I am going to share my update from today too. :) I promise this isn't a "drop and run" haha I just forgot to include it in my previous post ( @mastressalita I am tagging you so you can see it :) )

DkDeEgL.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli if you're wondering who hit your entire story last night...that was me. Not sure if your sites tracks views and I didn't comment since I was over on the story side of your website. But I'm officially blaming you for me only getting 3 hours of sleep. :D couldn't put it down.

Look forward to reading more about Gunther and seeing how the characters get from where they are to where Valois is. :)

Also Hi this forum. I've been lurking for a couple days just reading over here. Wasn't sure how or if I should jump in.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Translation: I didn't know it but there is a USB adapter that can plug into my tablet's power port and allow me to use a thing with a USB, so naturally I use my wireless, solar keyboard with it. And it works!! Although I was scared enough to email myself a copy of my NaNo-Story :P
    NaNoWriMo, thou shalt be OWNED!!!

Also, hi everybody :) I hope you're having an awesome day. If not, *throws fairy dust in *insert name here*'s face*
    You're too late.
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2015
    Sooo, since I get to age all the boys up now to see what they roll as far as their traits, I'll be playing their save a lot until they get to YA. August is already there, since I played a LOT yesterday, but Luca and Niko are still teens and I'm going to work on getting them to YA today. Eeeeeeee so exciting hahaha

@NewToTheSims Aw, thanks! I'm glad you like my family photos and outtakes. I always look forward to doing those post because that (in my mind) actually finalizes the generation and its close. It feels really good to have gotten through 4 generations already O_O Yeah, the seriousness of TIDL is needed, but sometimes, so is that silliness ;D

@ValoisFulcanelli Aww man.. Losing all that work must've really hurt. :/ Have you since recreated that post? Or have considered redoing it? It probably would be really helpful to a lot of people, but I can totally understand if you're exhausted by the thought of redoing it. Totally understandable haha
    Ooohh, and that's awesome that the thunder sounded so neat in your game, I don't think I've ever actually been in the basement at a house and heard it coming from the first floor. Plus, with the ominous music? Yeah, definitely creepy hahaha

@RebornMonster LOLL it's okay, you can love both our faces 'cause we love yours XD <3 Aw, thanks, that really means a lot. I know that it won't be a disappointment of course, but I do worry occasionally if I've already reached my peak sometimes. But, I got a few juicy things planns for gen 5 for all heirs, so either way the heir poll goes, they should all be a very interesting ride ;D Ikr? First time in Dubois history there are decent parents that are still in the lives of their children. *gasps* OooOOoo you have fan theories? You'll have to tell me after generation five is over what they were! I'd love to know and see if you have just as crazy of a mind as I sometimes do >:D LOL

@mastressalita I'm sorry to hear about your bird's rough night :( I really hope she doesn't have anymore painful days and whenever her time comes, she goes very peacefully. <3

@Jes2G I used to always do that in middle school, too! I was (and still am) a fan of Sailor Moon and I used to write and draw my own comics using the characters. Mine were pretty good, too, for the age that I was haha I think I still have them lying around somewhere, too? I'll have to look for them one day and have myself a good laugh XD And don't worry, IRL, I'm an extreme introvert and I need "alone time" a lot more than other people, which you do, too, probably! But, I've been here long enough to where I feel comfortable, so in here, I'm not really an introvert as much. *shrugs*

@NewToTheSims and @RebornMonster omg I seriously LOVE the Seasons EP. I hate winter IRL, but in the Sims, it's my favorite one because it just looks so beautiful to me T_T The changing seasons, too, give an entirely new feel to the story sometimes, too, at least for me they do. I look into things way too much.. LOL idk I just really love season and wanted to put my input in >.< hehehe

@winterbaby20 hey there! ^_^

@Lckygrl1975 Ohhh, I see. Well, I'm very glad that going to the gym is working for you and that you still have meds for whenever it gets too bad. And god luck with that equipment! Overtime is always really nice to get!

@MayaRose1138 Aw, thanks! Just trying to keep this thread on track. And it's totally okay, I'm the exact same way, a pretty quiet person and I would normally only stick to my friends, too, at a party, but I guess that example wasn't meant to be taken so literally LOL XD But you know what I mean hahaha <3

@CitizenErased14 I really like getting comments from new readers on old chapters, too, and also reply to all comments, no matter how not-caught-up the reader is. ^_^ Sometimes they ask questions, too, and don't read on until they're answered for my story, so I like to respond to all of them anyways, even if it's just like a simple "I loved this chapter" or something hahaha

@ra3rei Welcome to the thread! :smiley:

@emmabarbie @msbeckycat @silentwolf101 *waves*
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I like everyone's updates. Just photographed my Mattox household for their next chapter
  • Options
    @MrsOogieBoogie hey! i look forward to seeing which one of your heirs get chosen.
  • Options
    Can an intruder from the TS4 forum share a thought/observation about this thread? Haha

I remember there was a discussion about this thread not feeling super "welcoming" to newcomers, and we were trying to figure out WHY. Well, I was thinking about it and I think I have a thought :)

I feel like it's because (no offense meant at all!) there's kind of an over-use of the "@soandso&quot; tagging feature. Instead of feeling like a general, open discussion, it instead feels like dozens of "private" conversations going on.

Obviously you need to tag people you're addressing (duh!) but it feels like 90% of the posts here are two people conversing back and forth instead of a group discussion that includes everyone.

It has nothing to do with the people posting here -- you all seem so lovely! I just think it's the format of the discussion in this thread that can be a bit off-putting to newcomers.

Just a thought! I'm not saying anyone has to change the way they do things at all, just providing a perspective on that discussion that had come up previously :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    @winterbaby20 aww thanks! I'm excited, too, to see who all of you readers vote for! ;D

@Citizenerased14 I can totally understand the difference. We used to, and still occasionally do, talk in general to everyone, it's just been a streak lately the past few pages it seems to tag people since there are conversations that are going on between two or more people, but that still doesn't mean you aren't allowed to jump into the conversation as well! You're more than welcome to, the more the merrier! I did that in my most recent response to @RebornMonster and @NewToTheSims because they were talking about the Seasons EP and I just felt the urge to join their conversation and express my love for it. Just because there's a conversation going on between two people and it doesn't involve you, doesn't mean you CAN'T be involved, either! ^_^ I can see how it may be a little intimidating, but I am 99% sure no one will mind if you jump in, too! <3
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited November 2015
    That's good to know @MrsOogieBoogie . I like that there less quoting here because of the tagging, so posts are less duplicative, but I agreed it felt intimidating to just jump into a conversation like that. Especially when you're brand new and it would be your first post in the thread. I shall not hesitate to join conversations now that I'm no longer lurking.

Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm making a pork loin in my slow cooker today! I've never done it before, so I'm excited. On a not so exciting note... the reason I'm using the slow cooker today is because I found out the other day that my car has a fuel line leak so it's not safe to drive. It's also got so much rust on the bottom of it from being so old that it's not really worth it to fix the fuel line, and.. so I need a new car. So hubs and I are going to the bank today to get a car loan, and we wanted dinner to be ready when we got back. He's taking off work an hour early and we didn't want to go to a restaurant to eat today, so... slow cooker to the rescue!

@MayaRose1138, @msbeckycat : Hello! *waves*
    @ra3rei : Hi! Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay in this thread, however long or short it may be. It's so nice to meet you, I'm LateKnightSimmer. <3 There is no way or how to jump in, just say hi! Like you did. It's perfect.
    @CitizenErased14: Hey! I wanted to share my thoughts about the thread as well, in regards to what you said, and how I felt way back in the day when I first started posting here. People did the @tagging system back then too, and it did feel welcoming. The difference is... when someone new came along, they were tagged with a little "Hey! Welcome to the thread, it's great to meet you," that kind of a thing. In my opinion, I was welcomed. When no one tags anyone else, I don't really know who the poster is talking to, and yes, you can argue they are talking to everyone, therefore including everyone, but the way I feel is like, the poster is talking to NO ONE in particular, so then it feels wierd to reply. That could just be me, and how I feel about it, and it's fine if that's different from what you were saying, but also, no one said that you can't tag others too, if you see something that you want to talk about, tag the person and give your input. They'll appreciate that you tagged them and want to talk. A lot of us too, do a little general "This is how I'm doing, what I've been up to" at the beginning or end of the post including replies, and that's where you share your latest link or a picture, and you can be as vague about your RL as you want, I know I am, haha, I'm just untrusting of people, not that it means I'll be mean to them but it just means I'm not going to share personal details, and that's totally fine too. Anyway, with the general 'this is how I'm doing,' you can always look at someone's bit in their post, and talk to them about THAT as well. Also... you are not an intruder. ^_^ Not to give you a psych lecture, LOL, but don't think of yourself that way in this thread, maybe it'll help with the rest of your feelings about 'private' conversations. Nothing's private in the conversations we share, if we wanted it kept private then we just keep it to ourselves and not post it. LOL.
    Also, about the comments on old posts that an author's written a long time ago, I have to say, I love when people comment on the very first chapter of my legacy that I'm currently writing... it's so cool because a new reader has popped up, plus, I really like rereading old chapters I've written, so I usually reread the chapter, so I can reply to that person in detail, and accurately since I wrote the post so long ago. It's just a warm fuzzy feeling for me when I get comments on old posts.
    @Jes2G: *waves from the rooftops* Heeeyyyy, what up! LOL. You know what, if I read too much in a day, like I binge read someone's Sims story one day, and it was a good story, but my brain then felt like complete mush afterwards... and I don't know why. LOL. It's ok... disappearing occasionally is something I think most of us do, I know I've done it before. It's cool.
    @winterbaby20: Oh yeah, that's right! I remember the few chapters I read you had said they were royalty.
    @RebornMonster: Ahh aliens. LOL. That is one thing I am glad I don't have. I thought that they were IDK, wierd, haha, well I suppose that's fitting since they are aliens, they are wierd. I wasn't looking forward to abductions... hahaha, and when I saw that it made males pregnant, I was like um. No. Thank. You. Have you decided to play with aliens since then? Like do they still intrigue you?
    I mean, I guess I have aliens in TS4, since I bought the Get to Work expansion, but I haven't played them in there either. LOL.
    Oh that was the thing too, like other than me not liking snow, and not wanting to subject my Sims to that, yeah, the real time thing too, like I have enough trouble trying to get it to be night or day when I need it to be, let alone trying to get it to be the right season for consistency! Ugh LOL. I'm sure Seasons is great for just random game play but I feel like at least for me it would be one more thing I'd have to keep an eye on for my story pictures, trying to get them to be correct. Hahaha.
    Ahh I see, I get you now. LOL. Out of all my favorites that I myself have made, I think that Max is my favorite, but he's also 50% @MrsOogieBoogie 's Sim because of Alex being his dad. So completely OC wise, it'd probably be my celeb sims that I make. LOL. They're so fun to play with and have in my town.
    Thanks for the thoughts on David! Haha, no one else had even said anything so I was starting to wonder... do I have beer goggles on for all my Sims... and they're actually hideous? Or... LOL. I love tattoo sleeves, and I use them a lot, haha. Oh it's okay, I will use him for something else since I made him. I wasn't expecting much out of that person's bachelor challenge anyway. LOL. Aww, yeah, my hot guy gallery, it's still up, I just haven't made any Sims for it lately. Been too busy with other stuff I suppose, hahaha, but I guess if anyone wanted a Sim, I'd be okay making one for them if they'd be okay with me being slow sometimes. XD
    @Lckygrl1975: Aww that is good that it works for you. Also, wow, I had no idea you had that in your shoulder. It's very cool that you are able to not take as many medications, and that exercise has made both of your shoulders work well. :)
    @ValoisFulcanelli : Yea I do know what you mean. LOL. IKR? It's so nuts that it looks perfectly fine on the dashboard and then terrible on the blog. -__- I agree with you about the layout not being story friendly for stories on there. I ended up making mine a series of one picture and then the text, then just giving the link out as a chrono so people could read it in order. Ahh, mine are usually rated R, one of them deals with bullying and the subsequent.... consequences... extreme that one could have if they had been bullied to that extent, and the other one had an abusive father in it, as well as a death, but I figure, just posting the link here wasn't going to do any harm, as long as I don't put a really mature picture or anything in the thread then it's usually fine. Oh wow, half an hour walk in winter? I feel your pain. LOL. Long ago, when I didn't yet own a car, and took the bus everywhere, one winter day I missed the bus and the line for that bus had ended that day, I had to walk home from one side of town to the other, about forty five minutes... it was not fun. That's true, if you don't actually have to deal with the snow, then it is quite pretty.
    @mastressalita: Haha yeah more stuff to read. You did say you were a bookworm, so at least you're enjoying it I would imagine LOL.
    @MrsOogieBoogie : LOL yeah, silliness is awesome, and necessary. Hahaha, that makes sense, the snow in the game isn't something you really have to deal with, so just staring at it in game is much better. Snow is actually super pretty when it's glittering in the sunlight, which is like the only thing I ever like about it. Hahaha. Definitely, throw your input in! :blush: I enjoy it.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims i wasn't going to make my legacy involving royalty at first but i needed a strong excuse why my gen 1 heir was being arranged. By the way your sim David looks great.
    @MrsOogieBoogie by the way i been meaning to ask what inspired you to write your legacy the insane dubois legacy?
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited November 2015
    @CitizenErased14 : There are just never enough hours in the day to fit in as much reading as one would like, is there? It's the librarian's dillema... surrounded by books all day, knowing you'll never have enough time to read everything you want to... At least with short stories you can pick away at one here or there because they come in nice bite-size morsels, hahaha! The Fun Size candy bars of SimsLit? Mine is not anything grand, but I had fun doing it (game being fussy with me at the time aside), and for me that is what matters. Hopefully I'll be able to churn out something this month as well, though the start of this month has been rather abysmal for me in the writing department (🐸🐸🐸🐸 you, headaches! *shakes fist dramatically in the air!*) At least there are still 25 more days to procrastinate left!

@ra3rei : Welcome! Feel free to jump in any time. The more the merrier! We won't bite. (Unless you like that sort of thing...) ^_~ *dangles piece of cake enticingly*

@MrsOogieBoogie : Thank you for your kind words. She is very old and I've had her as a companion for a long time now (17 years!) so it will be a hard transition, but I hope the same when it does come. For a while there I was thinking I was going to have to make that hard choice to take her to the vet to meet Grimmy since she just didn't seem to be doing well for several days, but now she is seeming more like her old self, so I guess she's decided to be stubborn and pull a bit more out of her old birdie bones yet. She sure gave me one heck of a scare, though.

@everyone concerning the discussion of the Seasons expansion pack : Figured I'd throw in my two cents while this is being discussed! Like LateKnightSimmer/@NewToTheSims , I actually loathe winter, but since winter existing in a virtual world isn't going to make me have to go unbury and defrost my car or have to get my feet wet or drive to work on awful roads or otherwise feel miserable, I don't really mind seasons in-game, hahaha. As long as I personally don't have to be out in the weather, I do find it very picturesque. That's one of the more recent expansion packs I've added, and for the most part, I've really enjoyed it! I really like the weather (for the most part -- I'll admit I've had to testingcheat a few times to make it sunny when rain came to ruin a part I was screen-capping for a story, as it just seems to rain on me so often!), I like the holidays (except I have the "all year trick-or-treaters" glitch, which is a bit annoying), and I like going to the seasonal festivals. I'll admit getting startled by sudden lightning a few times, so I totally get where you are coming from, @ValoisFulcanelli ! I find rain relaxing and will listen to RainyMood.com a lot when I write, so I kind of like those rainy days in-game (when they aren't interrupting my plans for screencapping, anyway!) The only thing that has bothered me with the expansion is not being able to choose which season to start a new game with; I wanted to start Yandere Diaries in the fall, but unchecking Summer still produced a 3-day long summer season, which has now caused all my seasons to run in uneven 14 day cycles from Wednesday to Wednesday instead of Sunday to Sunday how I would've liked them, and also kinda screwed when when I would've liked the seasonal holiday to fall, and I think that's part of the problem with me getting the trick-or-treaters galore problem. Does anyone know a solution to start a brand-new game at Sunday Day 1 in a different season than Summer? I should probably just ask that over on the Sims 3 Seasons forum, but eh, while the topic is up... (Perhaps Nraas Tempest has some setting in there that can do that and I'm unaware of it...)

As far as commenting on stories, new or old, I find I tend to get caught up in the story and start binge reading and just don't tend to leave them very often... but I am working hard to break that habit, especially if I know the story/site isn't "abandonware." Now I really make an effort to leave a comment, even if the story is "older" and "completed" and might not be the newest update on the site. I actually tend to read older/completed works a lot more often, or just always be "behind the times" than always be up to speed patiently awaiting the new chapter. It is good that authors do make sure they check back on their older works for new readers leaving comments! I know my journal lets me check all recent comments no matter what post they were left on, and I figure most other sites probably have similar features, which is nice and makes that pretty easy to do so they don't just get "lost" way back in the backlogs of posts on the site.

Lunch break is over, back to cataloging...
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    edited November 2015
    @winterbaby20 - Aww, thank you! Yeah that's true, the arranged marriage thing is kind of a royalty thing, isn't it? Or I suppose some cultures do arranged marriages too, that could be another reason.
    @mastressalita - Those things you were describing about problems with screencapping is my secondary reason for not getting Seasons. I do enough with my stories, from poses, to building sets, making sure Sims are wearing the correct clothes, like I think I just don't need to add an extra thing of uncertainty to preparing for a story update. So, anyway, I agree with you. LOL. I hope you can find something to help with your rainy day problem. I will say too I enjoy rainy days in real life, the sound of the rain is comforting to an extent, and I associate rain with romance. LOL. I am one of those authors... life or something will happen, and before I know it, I've updated all my stories except one, which hasn't updated in five months. O_O I often don't leave apologetic posts on my blog because I don't think I need to apologize for the rate of which I update my stories, and I also never go on hiatus. If something of mine hasn't been updated in a while and I have said nothing about it, it's because I'm still thinking about how I want to do the next chapter, not because I've scrapped the project and not bothered to tell anyone. If I scrap something, I will let people know that is what I have done. I will occasionally leave an update about me feeling sad or something, sometimes I go through phases like that where I feel unmotivated, and then I will let readers know on the blog. My Blogger and my Wordpress will let me know when people have commented so I can always go find what they've said and reply.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    irishshedevilirishshedevil Posts: 151 Member
    Hey everyone! Come take a gander at my new legacy! Just follow the link to blogger.

http://adayinthelifeofthefoxcrests.blogspot.com/

It's a legacy that wont take itself to seriously, so come have a laugh! Feel free to tell me what you think either here or on my blog!
    Happy simming
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims your welcome. I would love to use him but i don't know where he would fit in my legacy.