Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I like the puzzle-piece aspect. It means I can thoroughly explore each piece as it comes out, instead of never getting around to it/forgetting it's there. It's gotten me to expand the types of Sims I play, and the scenarios I get them into.

The first year, we got a ton of free updates to try to build up the base game. I think that's fair enough. People will not stop harping about toddlers, even though the development team admitted they just ran out of time. Pretty sure that means they'll release them when they can, and continuing to yell isn't really going to get them any faster - or worse, pushed before they're ready and be buggy.

*shrug* People here have admitted that they don't like the entire concept of this iteration. You'll never be happy with it. Those of us who do like the new concept they're building on are happy, and wouldn't like your version of the game.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    One thing I love about The Sims 4, well actually all The Sims is how different they all are. I mean The Sims 3 was super! I had so much fun especially when I had all the expansion packs but you see for me I'm able to create more in The Sims 4 with its new CAS and Build Mode. Yes in 3 you could use the colour wheel to your advantage but in 4 I find that there's so much you can do building wise that I just have to prefer The Sims 4 more than the other Sims games :)
    I also really like the new graphic style as well. And I'm definitely not giving up hope regarding toddlers. EA haven't once said that they aren't adding toddlers so until they say yes or no I am still very hopefully for the little bundles of joy! =)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2015
    And if the sims 4 was an exact replica of past games people would complain about that as well.

Actually, I do not think people wants an exact copy of previous versions of The Sims, what some people want is a merging of old and new features in Sims 4 and Sims 4 does not have that. Being I am a gamer and I just do not play the Sims, Most games that has more editions do merge old and new features. I wonder how a program that has barely no features, has went back to loading screens, skips life stages can't be a step forward and "It just runs" for me just does not cut it. Sims 4 is the most controversial game made if anything and nothing else, there is nothing unique about Sims 4.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Ugggghhhhhhhh. People, seriously. I remember these exact same complaints from when TS3 was released. Slow loading. Hard for Sims to build relationships. Buggy, laggy, etc.

I know that TS4 isn't perfect, believe me. I have my own personal gripes with it as well. But I have been on these forums since the original The Sims website, and I can tell you that every time a sequel is produced, Simmers have delusions of grandeur from the previous installment, that "there were never complaints" about X, Y, and Z before, and that "we never had these problems before," etc, etc, etc.

I dug through some of my old posts and I even found a thread from 2011 that an unhappy TS3 Simmer made about possibly writing angry letters to EA, and I don't even think it had been 2 years since TS3 had been released. So relax. Chug from the juice keg. Paint a masterpiece. Know that there are bumps and bruises with every new installment. And remember that when (if) TS5 comes out, there will be a whole new bag of complaints and frustrations and deluded comparisons from TS4 to TS5.

You're my favorite right now.
    :blush: I just think it's funny that these puppies who have only played TS3 and TS4 make these grand statements comparing the 2 games, when they don't even realize how far we have come from where we started. People hated the open neighborhood initially in TS3. There were fierce plummings about how slow it was, about the rabbit holes, how they hated that their Sims just disappeared inside a building. So EA listened and put out Ambitions, so Simmers could follow their Sims to work. Guess what? People plummed about that one too! "It's boring! It's repetitive! It's not challenging enough!" Blah blah blah blah BLAH. Bottom line?

Haters be hating.

The population will never be happy with the Sims franchise BECAUSE of its evolution. No sequel is an exact copy of the previous installment (and we'd complain if it was), and humans fear change. Like I said, I by no means think that TS4 is the best sequel produced. But I just know that after all the EPs are released and TS5 comes out, there will be yet another mass outbreak of angry threads.

Oh here we go 'haters' again. Any argument you have loses all potency if you have to resort to name calling and insults. Wherever you stand on the game.

That poster was doing okay until that word "Hater" came out and I see his post as ineffective in what that post message was.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

That poster was doing okay until that word "Hater" came out and I see his post as ineffective in what that post message was.

^ Exactly this.
    Instantly, their argument becomes meaningless and from then on I have no more interest in to what they have to say.

But that's just my opinion. :)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Ugggghhhhhhhh. People, seriously. I remember these exact same complaints from when TS3 was released. Slow loading. Hard for Sims to build relationships. Buggy, laggy, etc.

I know that TS4 isn't perfect, believe me. I have my own personal gripes with it as well. But I have been on these forums since the original The Sims website, and I can tell you that every time a sequel is produced, Simmers have delusions of grandeur from the previous installment, that "there were never complaints" about X, Y, and Z before, and that "we never had these problems before," etc, etc, etc.

I dug through some of my old posts and I even found a thread from 2011 that an unhappy TS3 Simmer made about possibly writing angry letters to EA, and I don't even think it had been 2 years since TS3 had been released. So relax. Chug from the juice keg. Paint a masterpiece. Know that there are bumps and bruises with every new installment. And remember that when (if) TS5 comes out, there will be a whole new bag of complaints and frustrations and deluded comparisons from TS4 to TS5.

Difference being before they didn't waste two thirds of development time and budget on an online game that never came to market and admit that the base was unfinished at point of release ;)

And they shared info with us. We had walkthroughs.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    And if the sims 4 was an exact replica of past games people would complain about that as well.

I wouldn't want an exact replica of any game. But I do want a new and improved game that is in a series of games. You expect the next game in the series to be better with new things added. The sims 4 goes all the way back to the first game. I don't want a game with all these missing features. They took the sims 4 and stripped it down to the bare bones. They didn't add one thing back to the game that improved it from the the other games in the series.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    I would like to see the actual tradition of EPs at some point, wouldn't you guys? I mean it's a year later. I would like to see Restaurants which came out the first year of TS1 and TS2. TS3 wasn't in any hurry to make people happy with that feature. Or some weather. You know it's fall where I live and the leaves are falling and piling up, it's very cool in the morning down to around 50 degrees or lower some days. I can't hardly put these Sims in all their sweaters in this game (besides the free ones we got last year) and feel like it's fall in their world. It feels odd, it's much cooler here, but my Sims are running around in sweaters but no falling leaves, no leaf piles, no chill in the air needing to start up the fireplaces. It just seems silly to do all that on an overly bright sunny day in the game. No dark clouds looming in the distance or needing to turn on the lights in daytime (though the game is too dark indoors) because of no storm brewing.

I don't know for Ten Packs (9 actually) since last year, it doesn't hardly seem like it has brought the same punch the other games did. It's not to say it's not cute at times, but really think about this Nine Packs Later, and you don't have a restaurant, seasons, pets, theme parks, a farming experience, or anything as majestic as the other game's EPs and content added.

I wonder if after nine packs in TS3 if people would have put up with it? I mean it had eleven EPs and I forgot how many SPs and then store content...and here we are nine packs later (one EP) and there still isn't that much to do or see.

ETA: Dribs and drabs and most of the time not even what people are requesting.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Is ea piecing the sims 4 together like one huge puzzle? You would think that this was the first sim game ever made the way that they are so hit and miss mostly miss in this game. Why are they complicating this
    Game? It's not like they didn't have the sims 1,and 2
    To build from. They already had the perfect mold I truly don't get it.
    No matter how many times you make these threads, it's not going to change anything. The sims 4 is supposed to be something new and unique, not a carbon copy of a previous game. And this is an issue with many simmers on this forum. They complain about how they want the sims 4 to be like 2/3, but won't bother to just play them instead of complaining about how 4 isn't the same.

If the Sims 4 is supposed to be new and unique, Maxis should have called it a new and unique name rather than THS SIMS #.

Basically, it is the same reasons people call about their delivered pizza being poorly cooked even though they have not intentions of returning to the store for an exchange: They do not want it to happen again. Players who do not like TS4, come to this site to make their case because they do not want more of the same in TS5. And, they are hoping for a change of direction in the TS4. (Those that come here to complain about TS4 are not different than those that come here to complain about the complainers.)
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited November 2015
    The complaints were not the same and the link really didn't show that people thought TS3 was incomplete or lacking base content.
    Post edited by Shadoza2 on
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »

And where did anyone say they wanted a carbon copy? Please link to any statements you've ever seen that what people are looking for is exactly the same. In all my time here I've never, ever, seen it but it seems to be an assumption you often use. I'd like to see where you get that from.

I believe they are referring to OP stating that previous games could have been used as a mold. In addition, many players are saddened by features that were in previous games but not this one. So maybe carbon copy is a bit of a leap, but I understand where they are coming from. People want the same features at the expense of old features.

However, if it were the other way around and all features were copied over and no new feature were added, I'm sure people would be just as upset.

She said 'exact replica'. Using previous games as a reference should be part and parcel of a sequel.

I don't believe that would ever happen btw ;) All the bases managed to be different but also an upgrade in several ways to try to innovate. Not so for TS4. It's regressed in many ways and only made small improvements.

If only The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 made the same small improvements that make me love The Sims 4, then I'd personally still be playing them as my main games. And in my opinion The Sims 4 is an upgrade in multiple ways, if you want an explanation for this, just look around in the forums, people have commented how they think the game has improved in several ways many times.
    That's true. I've seen lists of those improvements, but most of what's listed leaves me indifferent or I even dislike it myself. And concerning gameplay I don't see any improvement at all. Toddlers, CASt and open world aside, that's my main issue with the game. That I don't like the overall structure and approach of the gameplay.
    When Sims 4 will prove to be a game with a solid and satisfied fanbase however, that will continue buying and playing it, then that on its own will justify its very existance.
    This. What's an improvement to one person may be a setback or annoyance to another. I've made several comments about the multitasking, for example, and how it's more different than improved in my view.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2015
    Sennie wrote: »
    One thing I love about The Sims 4, well actually all The Sims is how different they all are. I mean The Sims 3 was super! I had so much fun especially when I had all the expansion packs but you see for me I'm able to create more in The Sims 4 with its new CAS and Build Mode. Yes in 3 you could use the colour wheel to your advantage but in 4 I find that there's so much you can do building wise that I just have to prefer The Sims 4 more than the other Sims games :)
    I also really like the new graphic style as well. And I'm definitely not giving up hope regarding toddlers. EA haven't once said that they aren't adding toddlers so until they say yes or no I am still very hopefully for the little bundles of joy! =)
    Visually absolutely, but not in the way they behave. They all behave exactly the same and because their facial expressions are so dominant, some of their facial characteristics you give them in CAS, get lost. I really regret that.

And concerning building: there are some terrific improvements. But on the other hand they removed great tools too (tools that happen to be important to me: CASt and terrain tooling), so far I'm just bored when I build in the game. People make beautiful houses in the game, but I prefer to download those from the gallery instead of building myself. In Sims 3 I wouldn't dream of moving one of my sims in a house I haven't built myself. It's as if they added tools to make things easier, but removed tools that challenge your creativity.

ETA: rereading your remark I bolded I think I may have misunderstood. You mean the Sims games are very different and that you like that? In that case: agreed ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    simsjammy wrote: »

And where did anyone say they wanted a carbon copy? Please link to any statements you've ever seen that what people are looking for is exactly the same. In all my time here I've never, ever, seen it but it seems to be an assumption you often use. I'd like to see where you get that from.

I believe they are referring to OP stating that previous games could have been used as a mold. In addition, many players are saddened by features that were in previous games but not this one. So maybe carbon copy is a bit of a leap, but I understand where they are coming from. People want the same features at the expense of old features.

However, if it were the other way around and all features were copied over and no new feature were added, I'm sure people would be just as upset.

She said 'exact replica'. Using previous games as a reference should be part and parcel of a sequel.

I don't believe that would ever happen btw ;) All the bases managed to be different but also an upgrade in several ways to try to innovate. Not so for TS4. It's regressed in many ways and only made small improvements.

in my opinion the sims 3 was a huge step down from 2, and the sims 4 is a huge step up from 3. it's opinion.

YES! I agree! Sims 3 never played well for me on a good computer, I could never save.
    Hahaha, yeah, ok, that is a huge step down.

Thank you!
  • Options

You're my favorite right now.
    :blush: I just think it's funny that these puppies who have only played TS3 and TS4 make these grand statements comparing the 2 games, when they don't even realize how far we have come from where we started. People hated the open neighborhood initially in TS3. There were fierce plummings about how slow it was, about the rabbit holes, how they hated that their Sims just disappeared inside a building. So EA listened and put out Ambitions, so Simmers could follow their Sims to work. Guess what? People plummed about that one too! "It's boring! It's repetitive! It's not challenging enough!" Blah blah blah blah BLAH. Bottom line?

Haters be hating.

The population will never be happy with the Sims franchise BECAUSE of its evolution. No sequel is an exact copy of the previous installment (and we'd complain if it was), and humans fear change. Like I said, I by no means think that TS4 is the best sequel produced. But I just know that after all the EPs are released and TS5 comes out, there will be yet another mass outbreak of angry threads.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this. I remember all the backlash with sims 3. I also played sims original and sims 2, 3, and 4. Wait, not much of 3, as it was wacked!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    What I am wondering when I read some of these comments, is that maybe Sims 4 is the last installment and there will not be a sims 5. Just my wondering, no facts. Maybe they are looking for reasons not to continue the series. Low sales of sims 4 could be a good excuse reason for them not to make a sims 5. Not having a good enough engine, another, not enough time, another, not a big enough fanbase, could be another. There are no facts for this it is purely speculation on my part.
    We also tend to just pick out parts of posts and not read all of the post and really stop to understand the posters meaning. I was accused of misunderstanding when I did that in another post, where someone made a statement about children, isn't that the same thing? That just parts of a post are jumped on and the rest of the post even though it makes sense, it is ignored? Just my observation.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    So it looks like a ep per year
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    This'll be the second EP this year. GTW came out in April.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    What I am wondering when I read some of these comments, is that maybe Sims 4 is the last installment and there will not be a sims 5. Just my wondering, no facts. Maybe they are looking for reasons not to continue the series. Low sales of sims 4 could be a good excuse reason for them not to make a sims 5. Not having a good enough engine, another, not enough time, another, not a big enough fanbase, could be another. There are no facts for this it is purely speculation on my part.
    We also tend to just pick out parts of posts and not read all of the post and really stop to understand the posters meaning. I was accused of misunderstanding when I did that in another post, where someone made a statement about children, isn't that the same thing? That just parts of a post are jumped on and the rest of the post even though it makes sense, it is ignored? Just my observation.
    That was part of the ultimatum given on a Twitter account before the Sims 4 release. It has since been taken down. But Simmers do bring it up especially since it was said by a Guru.

Here is a link to some of those quoted statements. http://www.pcgamesn.com/sims-4/maxis-future-sims-if-sims-4-isnt-successful-there-wont-be-sims-5
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

in my opinion the sims 3 was a huge step down from 2, and the sims 4 is a huge step up from 3. it's opinion.

YES! I agree! Sims 3 never played well for me on a good computer, I could never save.

That stinks. I had to play it on my brother's PC back when it was released. There some things I didn't like about 3 but I LOVED open world. With Storyprogression mods and open world together my sim's world felt so real! I was hoping Sims 4 would've been a combination of the past series.

I'm sorry you didn't get this experience.
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »

That stinks. I had to play it on my brother's PC back when it was released. There some things I didn't like about 3 but I LOVED open world. With Storyprogression mods and open world together my sim's world felt so real! I was hoping Sims 4 would've been a combination of the past series.

Thanks I also wish I had that experience, as I kept buying the EP's etc as I thought it would get better it got worse! LOL
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »

Thanks I also wish I had that experience, as I kept buying the EP's etc as I thought it would get better it got worse! LOL

I bet it did considering your computer couldn't handle the base game. (Referring to your first post). :C
  • Options
    Can't edit post. Sorry for double.
    I'm not trying to be a smarty pants ^. I really meant what I said. After the 5th EP my game was starting to lag out a lot. The IP Sims 3 EP (aka Island Laggy-oso EP) was completely unplayable. Overwatch mod helped tremendously. But IMO despite the bugs and all it was still in better shape than this sequel, Sims 4 (aka Sims $)
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone ask for a carbon copy of past games. What a load of utter nonsense. What people HAVE asked for, is the best from past games be returned in some fashion.
    The trouble with TS4 for me, and some others is that where previous games tried hard to expand and improve upon its predecessor, Sims 4 has done nothing but REmove, and hasn't improved upon much, if anything at all.

The world is full of fake backdrops, Sims so called "emotions" are just as bad as previous versions when they were touted as being so realistic and "emotional". They're not. I still find Sims from TS2 have way more balanced and supposedly realistic emotions than these TS4 flakes.
    They left out an entire lifestage supposedly to build this solid foundation... the solid foundation that in the beginning couldn't handle a pool, and still can't handle terrain tools and the addition of more facial hair. The beautiful open world from the previous iteration was not improved upon, to maybe prevent so many routing errors. Instead it was simply removed and the game went back to 1980's loading screens. And it's true - it's all because EA wasted tons of dev time on trying to push out some rubbish online version that already failed in the end, twice in the past.
    It doesn't even take advantage of newer hardware these days, you could run it on a potato and it looks like some simple child's Facebook or IPad game.

Gameplay and even the UI have been simplified. Probably so it's not so difficult for today's casual gamer who just doesn't want to put in any effort. It's more than likely quite true when EA's Rich Hilleman says that EA's games are "too hard" for their players to learn these days. Clearly a simple audience needs simple games in their eyes.

Edit - I'll go and sit in the "haters" corner as well. And hate. Because this travesty of a game deserves plenty of it.

"Run it on a potato" - You are my hero!
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"