Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no autonomy fix! NOW FIXED

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Why wasn't this mentioned in the patch notes? I also wonder if assigning beds will still cause this glitch.,
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar @ceejay402 Sorry what I meant by autosolving was the button pushing in the needs panel. But yes it worked for me just fine.

Thank you, I'm going to remove my repairman mod and see if this is fixed because my Sims just stand outside (all of them in each house) since Sept. I hope it is. Keep my fingers crossed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OK I can confirm the autonomy bug is gone. I hope not just temporarily. Sims can do it all by themselves again and clicking on the icon bars is working too. That was a serious bug and they should've mentioned it in the patch notes.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    It is possible it's just not listed in the notes, not all fixes are posted so do test and see. But agree this is a big one :( I thought for sure would be added

It's not fixed. They are not taking care of their needs and they are not going to bed if I click the energy need.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited November 2015
    It is possible it's just not listed in the notes, not all fixes are posted so do test and see. But agree this is a big one :( I thought for sure would be added

It's not fixed. They are not taking care of their needs and they are not going to bed if I click the energy need.

ok @LoveMcQueen5683 :( so you arent seeing any changes have you tried any of the posted work arounds yet for the problem? im only asking because i wonder if resetting like the home lot is why some are getting a better response from the patch.
    The patch fixed my Sims problems. So happy for today. I mean it was a screaming nightmare last week. So, glad it worked! I can again click on their panels to send them to bed, eat, have fun or whatever. And they auto went on to bed if they were tired which they weren't doing that either last week. So, it was a real headache a few days ago.

One of the biggest problems from Sept. in my game was the fact many of them wouldn't get the icon to go indoors when they got home from work or anywhere and would just stand on the sidewalks. That also seems to be solved. Yay. Hope it last. Because it's not fun when they won't even come indoors.

One thing the patch did do that annoyed me (So far) was make me Activate my Game Again, for this computer, when I did that the first day I got it back in Sept. last year. More malware? for the telemetry I guess. :(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am glad the patch has helped to fix your issues @Cinebar :) That is great!

Thank you Rose and all your help a few weeks ago, I did everything but start a new game in your list but it didn't fix it, but so far this patch has. What a relief because I was banging my head on my desk and or cursing the screen every time I loaded it up. :)
  • S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    Koi ponds.
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • WillowxPillowWillowxPillow Posts: 189 Member
    My autonomy seems to be working as intended too. I just checked by pushing the buttons and leacing them alone for a little while.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That's good to hear it was fixed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

ok @LoveMcQueen5683 :( so you arent seeing any changes have you tried any of the posted work arounds yet for the problem? im only asking because i wonder if resetting like the home lot is why some are getting a better response from the patch.

another thing to rtry @LoveMcQueen5683 have your sims travel to another to reset
    edited November 2015
    I will make one suggestion if it's not working for anyone. Drag your mod folder to the desktop. Start the game, you don't have to load a save just turn it on in other words. Then quit. Only put back in mods you know won't conflict with the game's patch. Copy and past back into the newly created empty mod folder such mods as eyelashes, no other type, (no script mods etc.) Then start the game because if you are putting back in the "Resource.Config' file that is in the old mod folder it's probably going to remain messed up. Let the game create a new one by removing the old mod folder to the desk top and only copy and paste back in what you know won't bug up the game like some eyelashes or lipstick etc.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The patch fixed my Sims problems. So happy for today. I mean it was a screaming nightmare last week. So, glad it worked! I can again click on their panels to send them to bed, eat, have fun or whatever. And they auto went on to bed if they were tired which they weren't doing that either last week. So, it was a real headache a few days ago.

One of the biggest problems from Sept. in my game was the fact many of them wouldn't get the icon to go indoors when they got home from work or anywhere and would just stand on the sidewalks. That also seems to be solved. Yay. Hope it last. Because it's not fun when they won't even come indoors.

One thing the patch did do that annoyed me (So far) was make me Activate my Game Again, for this computer, when I did that the first day I got it back in Sept. last year. More malware? for the telemetry I guess. :(

Glad it is working for you too. I'm quite pleased with this patch so far. It fixed the annoying autonomy issue, but I did not need to activate my game again or anything.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • paletpcpaletpc Posts: 15 Member
    The autonomous "getting drinks from the refrigerator" is back. Super annoying. Especially in a house with 7 Sims. They leave milk and orange juice glasses everywhere, and I even find them in their inventories sometime. I deleted the coffee maker and tea pot, but they must have a refrigerator. Why did they have to break this interaction again?
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I also don't have the issue with autonomy anymore after the patch :smiley:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    paletpc wrote: »
    The autonomous "getting drinks from the refrigerator" is back. Super annoying. Especially in a house with 7 Sims. They leave milk and orange juice glasses everywhere, and I even find them in their inventories sometime. I deleted the coffee maker and tea pot, but they must have a refrigerator. Why did they have to break this interaction again?

It's been broken again for awhile. Actually came back with Get to work. Think it has something to do with orange juice being a good cure for sickness.

Maybe OP could change title that it's in fact fixed ?

I'm very happy to read all this positive reviews and if anyone still has it, can you try replacing the house through the gallery and see if it's gone then ?

Any feedback welcome.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I heard it hasn't been fixed for some people, hmmm wonder if it wasn't mentioned in the Patch because they didn't know they fixed it for many people?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Glad it is working for you too. I'm quite pleased with this patch so far. It fixed the annoying autonomy issue, but I did not need to activate my game again or anything.

Yeah, that was very annoying.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's fixed. I just tested it in game and I no longer get the lastException file related to the autonomy service. For whatever reason they don't mention a lot of things in the patch notes.
    Is that where that was coming from. I'm looking at it daily, thinking to myself, my game didn't crash, so why the lastException? Come to think of it, it wasn't there when I finished playing yesterday. You see, I'm in the habit of clearing the cache folder (which we no longer have to do) and deleting the localthumbcache file. I asked ages ago what the lastException thing was, and was it safe to delete it, too. The answer was yes, I could delete it, so that's what I do after EVERY gaming session. I keep my game squeaky clean. LOL

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I have a couple of "last exceptions" and even three "last crash"... yet my game has never crashed. Are both those files safe to delete?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Yes it is safe to delete the lastexception and lastcrash files, it is also fine to leave them as they will not impact the game.

The lastexception*.txt files are generated when the gameplay code has an error, this could be a harmless error that has no user facing impact, or it could result in something that clearly is not working correctly. When this type of error occurs, the game will not crash – it just means something unexpected has happened during gameplay. We try hard to not ship any code that has these kinds of errors, but sometimes they slip through and we use these exception files to diagnose what users are seeing. Also note that game mods (mods that add or change game behavior) can also cause errors, so if a mod looks to be causing this file to be generated I would recommend not using that mod and letting the mod author know that their mod has a problem.

The lastcrash*.txt files are generated when the game crashes. We use these files to diagnose crashes happening on user machines. If you have a lastcrash file on your machine but have never observed a crash, it is possible the crash occurred on game shutdown and thus you just never noticed because the game was closing at the time. We take crashes very seriously of course, even shutdown crashes people don’t notice.

The game will only keep five of each of these txt files around so that they do not accumulate. So again, you don’t need to manually delete them but you can if you want.

Hope that helps,
    SGMS
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Yes it is safe to delete the lastexception and lastcrash files, it is also fine to leave them as they will not impact the game.

The lastexception*.txt files are generated when the gameplay code has an error, this could be a harmless error that has no user facing impact, or it could result in something that clearly is not working correctly. When this type of error occurs, the game will not crash – it just means something unexpected has happened during gameplay. We try hard to not ship any code that has these kinds of errors, but sometimes they slip through and we use these exception files to diagnose what users are seeing. Also note that game mods (mods that add or change game behavior) can also cause errors, so if a mod looks to be causing this file to be generated I would recommend not using that mod and letting the mod author know that their mod has a problem.

The lastcrash*.txt files are generated when the game crashes. We use these files to diagnose crashes happening on user machines. If you have a lastcrash file on your machine but have never observed a crash, it is possible the crash occurred on game shutdown and thus you just never noticed because the game was closing at the time. We take crashes very seriously of course, even shutdown crashes people don’t notice.

The game will only keep five of each of these txt files around so that they do not accumulate. So again, you don’t need to manually delete them but you can if you want.

Hope that helps,
    SGMS

Thank you. Yes, that helps me to understand. I did look again and I had 4 crash files, but yes, I have never known of a crash, so it has to be while it is exiting (really glad I save separately then just exit the game, I'd be heartbroken if a save got corrupt). I might delete them and keep an eye for when it comes back and see if I can see what is causing the files to happen.

Thanks again! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    That's good to know. I've had a few and deleted them.