Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Thanks for sharing.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the boney fish!!
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    So do you only get the one item??? Seems like a bit of a waste to not give us the treat objects as well.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    So do you only get the one item??? Seems like a bit of a waste to not give us the treat objects as well.

The treat objects came in the patch today because they won the challenge.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait they have to be unlocked? Why are they locked?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    They were found in the code, but were not part of the patch because #TeamTreat won. So those that wanted the trick items can now get them as CC.
    team treat won so EA unlocked only those items in the patch. a modder reviewed the code and unlocked the trick items and released them as CC items
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    They were found in the code, but were not part of the patch because #TeamTreat won. So those that wanted the trick items can now get them as CC.

That is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lame! So 🐸🐸🐸🐸 LAME!!!!!!! Huh...EA sometimes...I just can't even!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    team treat won so EA unlocked only those items in the patch. a modder reviewed the code and unlocked the trick items and released them as CC items
    Ohh so the treat ones are unlocked and fullspiral found the trick one as CC? But can't you just cheat and unlock them in buydebug?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Ohh so the treat ones are unlocked and fullspiral found the trick one as CC? But can't you just cheat and unlock them in buydebug?

I checked it and they are not in buydebug.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Wel that's what I call a treat!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I find it highly distasteful to virtually include all items and lock 3 of them so the player cannot access them. If they can waste time on creating things that they intentionally don't release, then why can they not find time to deliver substantial content?
    elelunicy wrote: »

I checked it and they are not in buydebug.
    oh good confirmation that was my guess as well. but im am very happy they added the trick set to the patch anyways im sure EA knowing their modding community knew someone would unlock these items for all.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Do you have the source for these mods? Not that I don't trust the file but I'd like to know where they came from and whether these are objects that have been extacted or just the unlocks (incase they're removed down the line). That and I'd just like the modder to be credited for their hard work.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    Not that I care this is CC but what about the people that don't want CC in there games?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Wel that's what I call a treat!

LOL...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Not that I care this is CC but what about the people that don't want CC in there games?
    They simply don't get the items. This competition was clearly unnecessary since both files were in the game but I guess EA/Maxis felt they accomplished something with it.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    <3 My skeletal fishie <3
  • SC_AdminSC_Admin Posts: 498 Member
    Do you have the source for these mods? Not that I don't trust the file but I'd like to know where they came from and whether these are objects that have been extacted or just the unlocks (incase they're removed down the line). That and I'd just like the modder to be credited for their hard work.
    It was posted by one of our Social members :)http://goo.gl/Yb7PNw
    scnewsignature.png
    edited November 2015

Then you are out of luck unless Maxis reverses their decision on keeping them locked.
    They simply don't get the items. This competition was clearly unnecessary since both files were in the game but I guess EA/Maxis felt they accomplished something with it.

I'm with ya there. These kind of contests are pointless, and result in one party not getting what they actually wanted. Kind of the theme for Sims 4, but I won't start with that. If the team wants to have a number influencing challenge they should stick to ones with a singular set of prizes.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    It makes me wonder what else is locked up in the code of our game. Quick! Somebody find the missing toddlers! lol!
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! *gets on hands and knees and begins kissing your feet* Thank you! <3 :')
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    edited November 2015
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    It makes me wonder what else is locked up in the code of our game. Quick! Somebody find the missing toddlers! lol!

With how all over the place The Sims 4 was during it's development, I can only imagine how much "stuff" is locked up. Like we see with repairmen, they decided to unlock it so they could market it as free content; when in reality, it was already there but Maxis wouldn't let us use it.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I think the skelly fish is in the game...the patch notes strongly imply that you can catch both from fishing. But I could be mistaken. I don't use CC but I'm glad those who do can have these items :smile: