Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no autonomy fix! NOW FIXED

lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
@simgurudrake why oh why has this game breaking/irritating bug not been fixed!, so disappointed.
Post edited by lilacksb on

Comments

• halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I know it is sad that serious bugs are not fixed.
    Lets hope the maid works as it was intended after this fix
    And lets hope that this small patch did not introduce more bugs
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    It is possible it's just not listed in the notes, not all fixes are posted so do test and see. But agree this is a big one :( I thought for sure would be added
  • may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    What exactly is the autonomy bug? I took a two month break off of Sims 4, and played Sims 2. Now I'm not sure if its that bug or its just the way the game is.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Pretty sure it's fixed. I just tested it in game and I no longer get the lastException file related to the autonomy service. For whatever reason they don't mention a lot of things in the patch notes.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's fixed. I just tested it in game and I no longer get the lastException file related to the autonomy service. For whatever reason they don't mention a lot of things in the patch notes.

Awesome! Let's see how others do!!
    may151997 wrote: »
    What exactly is the autonomy bug? I took a two month break off of Sims 4, and played Sims 2. Now I'm not sure if its that bug or its just the way the game is.
    Adding the ability to claims bed broke free will.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited November 2015
    elelunicy wrote: »

Are you sure?
    Need to update and play.
    Will be good if that bug is gone
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    The only real fixes we've seen are npcs and fish (a specific bug at that) this patch. Pretty impressive how unimpressive these bug fixes are. I'll test autonomy just cause I was curious about it myself.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    I updated the game, and I'm playing now. One of my sims decided to go to bed on her own, which for the short time I was playing before, I had to make them go to bed.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    I updated the game, and I'm playing now. One of my sims decided to go to bed on her own, which for the short time I was playing before, I had to make them go to bed.

It is good that the patch has helped the issue in your game.
    thanks may for sharing! can you test a bit more to see if autosolve buttons work with free will on
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    thanks may for sharing! can you test a bit more to see if autosolve buttons work with free will on

Yes, it works!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Yes, it works!

That is great! Thankyou for testing!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    For those who have installed the patch. Can you fill energy from the Sim panel again? Because last time I played it was a hit and miss, sometimes the Sim would to go to bed and sometimes the option was no longer available on the Sim panel to fill motives that way. Except for eating.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    For those who have installed the patch. Can you fill energy from the Sim panel again? Because last time I played it was a hit and miss, sometimes the Sim would to go to bed and sometimes the option was no longer available on the Sim panel to fill motives that way. Except for eating.

Yes, if you click on it they will either nap on a couch or go to their claimed bed.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    lilacksb wrote: »
    @simgurudrake why oh why has this game breaking/irritating bug not been fixed!, so disappointed.

Yes, according to the patch notes, no actual bug fixes were implemented :\ A side from one of GTW's bugs and the NPC's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

My sims seem to be autosolving just fine. I just watched one sim for a little under a minute to see what he would do when his energy and hunger bar were both in the yellow late at night. He went to bed rather quickly (and all the other sims headed to bed with no incident). So it seems autonomy is fixed, for now.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!

My sims seem to be autosolving just fine. I just watched one sim for a little under a minute to see what he would do when his energy and hunger bar were both in the yellow late at night. He went to bed rather quickly (and all the other sims headed to bed with no incident). So it seems autonomy is fixed, for now.
    Do pushing buttons work as well?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

But can you click his panel and he will go to bed when you click on energy? That is how it started then moved on to not going to bed at all when in the red.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Yes, if you click on it they will either nap on a couch or go to their claimed bed.
    Thanks again may! The more people post this the more I'm feeling like they may have slipped this fix in!
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Autonomy seems to be fine now in my game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited November 2015
    Autonomy is working just fine in my game. My sims live next to the park where the play ship is located and I noticed my little girl going outside. I knew it was too early for school so I checked her queue and she was going to play pirates. One sim decided to do something on the computer and the third sim autonomously practiced guitar.

ETA. I cancelled the guitar and after a few seconds she got the wish to view bee and went downstairs to the basement where I store all my insects for herbal recipes.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just downloading the patch now. I am glad to hear that autonomy is fixed! I won't get to play and see til after work tonight though.
    @Cinebar @ceejay402 Sorry what I meant by autosolving was the button pushing in the needs panel. But yes it worked for me just fine.
    @Cinebar @ceejay402 Sorry what I meant by autosolving was the button pushing in the needs panel. But yes it worked for me just fine.

awesome!
  • lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    Fantastic, I take it all back