Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• DecafEelDecafEel Posts: 1 New Member
    I managed to get TS2UC very easily. I was put into a live chat within 3-4 minutes of sending my request, the advisor was extremely helpful and friendly. I simply told him I had trouble adding my TS2 base game to my account. He asked for the code, my email address, and had me answer the security question. After that he added the game to my library, and that was that.
  • LuthifurLuthifur Posts: 5 New Member
    I got it just now!! Took 3 tries - first two reps didn't know what I was talking about but 3rd one was more than happy to help. I just asked if it was still possible to get the offer and she said that was fine and put it on my Origin account no questions asked!

It's downloading and I am one happy simmer!!!
  • FoxzVivianaFoxzViviana Posts: 128 Member
    Okay I have a quick question! I actually have TS2 Ultimate Collection, however when I download it it tells me it's unavaible. Can I contact customer service with this? Say something like "It's telling me It's unaviable even after downloading it?"

I tried this once and he said there was nothing he could do because it's no longer supported.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Every time I try to go on a live chat, it brings up this! :(71h5xv.png

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

I had this problem too, when I finally did manage to get on to the live chat I wasn't even expecting it to connect anymore. I'm not sure what causes this, but is sure is frustrating.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    edited October 2015
    I had this problem too, when I finally did manage to get on to the live chat I wasn't even expecting it to connect anymore. I'm not sure what causes this, but is sure is frustrating.

It's definitely frustrating. I tried going on Internet Explorer to see if a change in browsers made a difference, and when I clicked the "live chat" button, it brought up the new window and didn't go to an error page, but instead said the whole "Thanks for contacting EA Support, an adviser will be with you soon" blah blah, so I thought it would maybe work then, but nope. I left the window up and idle for about five or so hours now, and it still has not connected. I just gave up.

Is there anything specific you did differently? Or did it just finally decide to randomly start working?
    I've never owned/played Sims 2 so I wouldn't be able to provide any pictures to them for proof but some people here are saying they were able to get the code without providing any proof so I figured why not and would just give it a shot and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But it's dumb I can't even try because of these support issues! :unamused:

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg

It's definitely frustrating. I tried going on Internet Explorer to see if a change in browsers made a difference, and when I clicked the "live chat" button, it brought up the new window and didn't go to an error page, but instead said the whole "Thanks for contacting EA Support, an adviser will be with you soon" blah blah, so I thought it would maybe work then, but nope. I left the window up and idle for about five or so hours now, and it still has not connected. I just gave up.

Is there anything specific you did differently? Or did it just finally decide to randomly start working?
    I've never owned/played Sims 2 so I wouldn't be able to provide any pictures to them for proof but some people here are saying they were able to get the code without providing any proof so I figured why not and would just give it a shot and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But it's dumb I can't even try because of these support issues! :unamused:

It was a while ago now and I can't remember, clearing my browser cache may have helped?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-connect-to-EA-live-chat/td-p/3952317

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    It was a while ago now and I can't remember, clearing my browser cache may have helped?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Can-t-connect-to-EA-live-chat/td-p/3952317

I tried clearing the cache in Google Chrome and it still didn't work but I cleared it in Internet Explorer and it finally worked! Got into a chat right away!
    It didn't work out with the first person, but it did with the second! I just said I recently moved and I misplaced my Sims 2 disks and they basically just gave it! So happy!!!

Thank you so much to the person who made this thread and all the people who gave tips. :smile:

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg
  • xXKuroFaiXxxXKuroFaiXx Posts: 83 Member
    So I would love the Ultimate Collection, but I can't seem to find the number to call. Like is it somewhere really obvious and I'm just overlooking it?
    So I would love the Ultimate Collection, but I can't seem to find the number to call. Like is it somewhere really obvious and I'm just overlooking it?

It's not an actual number, it's live chat (with typing). You should be able to access it through your Origin Client's "help" function.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    > @Frogprincess_q said:
    > xXKuroFaiXx wrote: »
    >
    > So I would love the Ultimate Collection, but I can't seem to find the number to call. Like is it somewhere really obvious and I'm just overlooking it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not an actual number, it's live chat (with typing). You should be able to access it through your Origin Client's "help" function.

Ah, I was kind of hoping there'd be an actual physical number as I've never used live chat before, but I suppose it'd be more difficult that way. I guess I'll give it a shot tomorrow then. Thanks.
    I can well understand that feeling, but once I managed to get into chat I was happy enough to get the game ;)

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Good news, I used the live chat today and got the UC on my very first try. He didn't ask for anything aside from my Origin ID and e-mail. :smiley:

So happy!
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited November 2015
    Back then, I didn't know that EA still supported users who owned The Sims 2. Since August 2014, it's no longer possible to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and since all Sims 2 games are no longer available on Origin, made it impossible to get a download release of The Sims 2 games. Fortunately, it's very easy to get The Sims 2 games on Windows used. Yes, on a Mac there is The Sims 2: Super Collection which is the only Sims 2 game still for sale but most Simmers who played the Windows releases probably don't have a Mac. So how do you get The Sims 2? Contact EA to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

For Windows users who don't have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, contacting EA is the only way to get The Sims 2 provided you have a Sims 2 game. Otherwise, purchasing copies of The Sims 2 from Amazon is your only other option, if you don't mind the CD/DVD versions.

When I had installed Windows 10, I couldn't get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to work saying that I have reached the activation limit. It seems that The Sims 2 UC kept the SecuROM activation (likely leftover from when the game was on sale at Origin) but I wasn't sure if any of the de-authorizing tools for The Sims 2 worked so I contacted support. I managed to get a new copy (with a new code) and it did work. I really don't know if it's possible to de-authorize The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection without contacting support, I know The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and The Sims 2 Fun with Pets are based on Mansion and Garden and there's a tool (deauthTheSims2MansionAndGardenStuff.exe) for that game.

It seems misleading that it's said EA no longer supports The Sims 2 (probably the non-Ultimate Collection Sims 2) but I was told that EA still The Sims 2 for those who own it.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    So far my attempt at getting Sims 2 UC failed, the first rep was willing to help, I just needed a photo of my disks. After I attached the image, the second rep I got denied the offer stating that the promotion ended a year ago.

It also looks like I can't get it through Amazon, Sims 2 Ultimate Collection doesn't appear on the list when I search for it.

If anyone knows where I can still find Sims 2 UC, let me know, also I can't use the live chat for origin since I'm stuck on a public network and the firewalls block it, I can only contact them by phone.
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I just got my Sims 2 ultimate collection the rep I got in chat was awesome. So glad I have a digital copy of it now. Yay me
  • galaxysarethebestgalaxysarethebest Posts: 2 New Member
    Weird for the people that got it with using the code. I just asked if I was able to get it (in a very polite way) and they said yes and only asked some security questions and gave it to me with no trouble.
  • galaxysarethebestgalaxysarethebest Posts: 2 New Member
    Weird for the people that got it with using the code. I just asked if I was able to get it (in a very polite way) and they said yes and only asked some security questions and gave it to me with no trouble.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    LazerRay3 wrote: »
    So far my attempt at getting Sims 2 UC failed, the first rep was willing to help, I just needed a photo of my disks. After I attached the image, the second rep I got denied the offer stating that the promotion ended a year ago.

It also looks like I can't get it through Amazon, Sims 2 Ultimate Collection doesn't appear on the list when I search for it.

If anyone knows where I can still find Sims 2 UC, let me know, also I can't use the live chat for origin since I'm stuck on a public network and the firewalls block it, I can only contact them by phone.

It was possible to get the download versions of The Sims 2 from Origin and other sites like Amazon but I don't think it's possible as of July 2013 since The Sims 2 has since been delisted from Origin. Note that if you already own the older Sims 2 products (Double Deluxe, University Life, Seasons, etc.) before July 2013, you can still download them but users are not allowed to get new copies. What's interesting is The Sims 2 download versions appear on Amazon but I believe they are unavailable. You can still get the old CD/DVD copies from Amazon but they are (obviously) physical versions, not download.

Until August 2014, it was possible to get TS2 UC with a code but that code doesn't work. I believe the only way to get TS2 UC is to contact EA. I don't think The Sims 2 UC is available elsewhere except Origin. There's a similar game known as The Sims 2 Super Collection but it's only available for Mac and I assume that Simmers who are reading this are probably Windows users.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    LazerRay3 wrote: »

As far as I know, you can't purchase the Ultimate Collection in disk form. You will need to contact Origin for that. Try contacting them again. Some of the reps are misinformed and aren't aware that they can still give it out. You can see that people here are still getting it through Origin so it didn't end a year ago.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • pinktomoyo18pinktomoyo18 Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried asking EA support for the first time an hour ago and the CS rep gave it to me after asking a few security questions. I have physical copies of the games but she didn't even ask me for proof. She told me that she sent it to my origin library. Unfortunately, I didn't have the client installed in the laptop I'm using today but I'll edit this post once I check in my desktop and install the game.
  • AslylAslyl Posts: 50 Member
    Wanting to do this but never have owned any TS2 games and I'm nervous about talking on the phone to EA people, had an awful experience with them once before when a code for one of my EP's wasn't working back 4 or so years ago :/. What would I say?
  • bold0727bold0727 Posts: 34 Member
    I was able to get Sims 2 Ultimate Collection by giving them a Double Deluxe key. Can't wait to play it! I did the same as everyone else, except I just entered a code.
    edited December 2015
    First attempt on live chat, told that the game was not available. Guess I'll have to try again!
    Edit-Woot! Just got the game from a very friendly adviser. Super happy :D
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    @Aslyl Are you seeing live chat as an option? I don't like chatting with people on the phone either. Awful experience is common with Origin help.. Some people have to contact numerous times before getting actual help while others get lucky the first time so they don't understand people complaining about it.

You can lie and say that you had TS2 but lost it in a move. They could be nice and give it right away but don't count on it. Or tray to be honest and ask nicely if they would be will to add it to your account. If all else fails pick up a cheap used copy online. A code is nice and doesn't have to be new but even just the physical case would work to take a picture of. Some of the reps want proof.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > @Aslyl Are you seeing live chat as an option? I don't like chatting with people on the phone either. Awful experience is common with Origin help.. Some people have to contact numerous times before getting actual help while others get lucky the first time so they don't understand people complaining about it.
    >
    > You can lie and say that you had TS2 but lost it in a move. They could be nice and give it right away but don't count on it. Or tray to be honest and ask nicely if they would be will to add it to your account. If all else fails pick up a cheap used copy online. A code is nice and doesn't have to be new but even just the physical case would work to take a picture of. Some of the reps want proof.

That's the exact excuse I used! XD. Live chat is an option especially for anyone who is phone-shy like myself. Just be wary of those with foreign sounding names, I'm not trying to be racist or anything of the sort here but the first guy I got was completely clueless and said that the game wasn't available at all, while the second person (with the English name) knew exactly what I was talking about and was able to help me right away.
    I won't say it's with every foreign person that's working for EA, but at least on this issue (as I've read from other forums, don't know about here) they don't seem to have very much information. I'm sure they're very helpful with other issues though :)
    It all seems up to the luck of the draw. I only had to try twice but I can't guarantee everyone will have the same experience I did.
    Just be very kind and polite, even if the agent is not able to help you, they've got a hard enough job as it is.