Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't understand...

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2015
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    simsjammy wrote: »
    dmama1314 wrote: »
    I agree w Dan. Then don't buy it. Why do consumers expect free items all the time?

Because they sold me an incomplete game that wasn't worth the money I spent on it. So now I feel like I should get a lot of free things to make up for the money I invested based on their lies before release. That's why. If you don't like it or don't agree, then great for you. I, as a sensible consumer, demand a product worth the pricetag.

they sold you a complete, finished game. it was done, and you knew that and spent the amount of money you chose to. they didn't say "hey Mstybl95 this game has got everything you specifically want in it!" and then give you a game without that stuff. you knew what you were buying and for how much, and you chose to do it

Um, no. Actually they said we didn't get to finish so we're going to release lots of things for free. And considering the list of missing things was so long...well, I took them at their word that they'd be adding a substantial amount back. So far we got broken ghosts and broken pools and lots of broken patches that break more things.

Are the base games ever truly finished? If so, what is the point of the additional packs? TS3 had loads of them. The base game for TS4 has upgraded a lot just since I started playing in February. A ton of stuff has been free. I wasn't going to buy SPooky Stuff because I didn't see much there that I would use. It went on sale, so I changed my mind. I bought the base game on sale as well. I got the digital deluxe package for around $42.

Edited because the initials for Spooky Stuff are bad and must be auto-censored.
    Additions are supposed to add options, not essentials. If you ordered a hamburger and just got the meat patty and were told you had to pay more for the buns and lettuce, would that be satisfactory?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Medhia_NoxMedhia_Nox Posts: 79 Member
    @JoAnne65: Which was why I was thanking my fellow simmers for complaining.

It also must have taken a LONG time for them to fix vampire overpopulation because I kept track of that particular issue for a long time and it didn't change for years. Glad it's fixed for Sims 3 lovers!
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I think the difference between Halloween and Christmas, and also the difference between having to buy and getting for free is simply the fact that Christmas, in general is the holiday of "gift giving".
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Medhia_Nox wrote: »
    @Mystybl95: I don't want you to stop complaining. As I said, I get free stuff because of it. It's not easy to tell a person's tone online, but I assure you that I don't mean that in either a sarcastic or snide manner.

I've purchased Sims 1 - 3 as well. So I too have invested in this series. This is the first time I feel like I will stick with a version till the end.

I'm actually worried they'll ruin that by trying to bring it back to 3 - BUT, if that happens, I'll just move on again.
    I don't think they could ever bring it 'back' to 3, because 3 has features that are impossible in 4. All 4 took from 3 are the bugs.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited November 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Mystybl95: I don't want you to stop complaining. As I said, I get free stuff because of it. It's not easy to tell a person's tone online, but I assure you that I don't mean that in either a sarcastic or snide manner.

I've purchased Sims 1 - 3 as well. So I too have invested in this series. This is the first time I feel like I will stick with a version till the end.

I'm actually worried they'll ruin that by trying to bring it back to 3 - BUT, if that happens, I'll just move on again.
    I don't think they could ever bring it 'back' to 3, because 3 has features that are impossible in 4. All 4 took from 3 are the bugs.
    And multiplied them by 4!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65: Which was why I was thanking my fellow simmers for complaining.

It also must have taken a LONG time for them to fix vampire overpopulation because I kept track of that particular issue for a long time and it didn't change for years. Glad it's fixed for Sims 3 lovers!
    Yes, it took them a long time. Round the time Seasons was released I think.
    (you weren't thanking, you were being sarcastic ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    This was before the game was released:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/768914/accurate-list-of-new-and-not-returning-features-in-sims-4

If you were that upset about this list, than you should not have bought the game for the price it came out at.

I am not trying to be rude or start and argument, but I clearly remember seeing this list and chose to wait til I could get it for $30 before buying. You don't have to like what they do, but then you don't have to buy either. And there were plenty of people mad at TS3, so this is not a new thing for people to mad at EA and a Sims Base game. And everyone has their say and right to say it, I am firm believer in that, but I feel that over a year later we can't still be this angry. No one is forcing anyone to buy a product. Choices. We all have choices.

I wasn't into spooky stuff, but bought it because it was on sale this week. Am I heavily impressed? Meh. But I chose to wait til it was on sale and it was my choice.
    @Mstybl95 those are great. Where were they from?

Those were posted to H o n e y w e l l ages ago. Way before release.

I find H o n e y w e l l to be very unbiased. They are what kept me from buying Sims 4 at the exact moment of release.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's been part of the History of The Sims to give free objects. This isn't new or something that people expect for no reason. They changing it, that's what's new. Maxis is now doing business the EA way.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/768914/accurate-list-of-new-and-not-returning-features-in-sims-4

If you were that upset about this list, than you should not have bought the game for the price it came out at.

I am not trying to be rude or start and argument, but I clearly remember seeing this list and chose to wait til I could get it for $30 before buying. You don't have to like what they do, but then you don't have to buy either. And there were plenty of people mad at TS3, so this is not a new thing for people to mad at EA and a Sims Base game. And everyone has their say and right to say it, I am firm believer in that, but I feel that over a year later we can't still be this angry. No one is forcing anyone to buy a product. Choices. We all have choices.

I wasn't into spooky stuff, but bought it because it was on sale this week. Am I heavily impressed? Meh. But I chose to wait til it was on sale and it was my choice.

Not all of us frequented the forums pre release. They could have advertised it officially as EA. They didn't. Instead they released official blogs with promises that they would communicate, that they ran out of time but this was an incredibly 'stable' base capable of fulfilling the dreams of the community etc, etc, etc.

The fact is EA hid Olympus and that is probably the main reason the game is in such a state. There is a reason you can't link to news of it on this forum. If I'd had known I never would have given them the benefit of the doubt.

I find it really disappointing that instead of rewarding loyalty and love of the series we have to have this 'but you could have withheld your money' and 'it's your fault, don't trust a company' narrative. I trusted them for fifteen years. Bought everything preordered sight unseen. I had no reason to doubt the team who are made up of many of the people who created previous beloved games. They should be grateful that I, and others who are disappointed gave them the benefit of the doubt. They got away with a lot of money from previous goodwill and that will have made TS4 successful even if we were unhappy. I wonder how retention rates will be long term though. You can only chase unrealised 'potential' for so long.

I stopped buying as soon as EA made it obvious they were changing their narrative after release. Comments like 'If TS4 isn't a success there won't be a TS5' played on loyalty and you should never have to sell a product in that fashion. If you are saying it because people are unhappy something has gone very, very wrong. There's a reason they retracted that statement and others. They knew.

Also 'We havent communicated how you shouldnt approach with a TS3 mindset' showed me early on that they didn't learn from SC2013 at all. Same old MO. Blame the customer for mistakes Maxis made in development.

They weren't forthright. If they had been Olympus would have featured in explanations of why they ran out of time. I never would have bought. Instead I did and I am totally within my rights to feel let down by EA/Maxis and will keep on telling them why I feel as I do and talking about it. If nothing else it may help someone else avoid making the expensive mistake I did and research away from EA sponsored sites. (I didnt even know EA did that)

Since finding H oneywell I am really glad I did and wish I'd had known about her before. She gives the whole story so you can make your own mind up. Not the EA mandated one. I respect her honesty and integrity immensely in doing so.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's been part of the History of The Sims to give free objects. This isn't new or something that people expect for no reason. They changing it, that's what's new. Maxis is now doing business the EA way.

Yes. The EA way has finally caught up with The Sims.

Since finding H oneywell I am really glad I did and wish I'd had known about her before. She gives the whole story so you can make your own mind up. Not the EA mandated one. I respect her honesty and integrity immensely in doing so.

I as well. That's where I go when I want updates and worried about what I am getting.

I as well. That's where I go when I want updates and worried about what I am getting.

I think that's very sensible :) but how sad anyone should feel worried about investing! *sigh*
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    To be honest, I was never part of the forums in all the years I have been playing the games. I was registered, but didn't ever visit. I only came here to complain if I needed to or offer up ideas. I didn't know 90% of anything going on during development. I only knew the official news, which was upbeat at the time. I have been a loyal customer for 14 years to that point, bought every single thing, except Katy Perry SP. I totally expected to get my money's worth because I have never been let down. I had gripes about TS3, but that game was still fun enough and had improvements enough for me to want to play it. I really thought that we were going to get a "fixed" open world with so much customization and then lively sims like in TS2. Never did I fathom we would get nothing. An empty shell of a game. I remember arguing so much with a simmer who saw right through this whole debacle. He pointed out everything that was missing from the onset. I swore up and down...no, they improved it, they're keeping it a secret for the big reveal. Well, I totally owe that guy an apology (too bad he was banned). I was very wrong about everything.

After I bought the game and was really let down, I went looking for answers and stumbled on H o n e y w e l l and all the information that they kept records of. Had I known then...but alas, I did not buy the game for full price, but I still feel cheated. It wasn't worth what I paid, plain and simple. I had higher expectations.
    To be honest, I was never part of the forums in all the years I have been playing the games. I was registered, but didn't ever visit. I only came here to complain if I needed to or offer up ideas. I didn't know 90% of anything going on during development. I only knew the official news, which was upbeat at the time. I have been a loyal customer for 14 years to that point, bought every single thing, except Katy Perry SP. I totally expected to get my money's worth because I have never been let down. I had gripes about TS3, but that game was still fun enough and had improvements enough for me to want to play it. I really thought that we were going to get a "fixed" open world with so much customization and then lively sims like in TS2. Never did I fathom we would get nothing. An empty shell of a game. I remember arguing so much with a simmer who saw right through this whole debacle. He pointed out everything that was missing from the onset. I swore up and down...no, they improved it, they're keeping it a secret for the big reveal. Well, I totally owe that guy an apology (too bad he was banned). I was very wrong about everything.

After I bought the game and was really let down, I went looking for answers and stumbled on H o n e y w e l l and all the information that they kept records of. Had I known then...but alas, I did not buy the game for full price, but I still feel cheated. It wasn't worth what I paid, plain and simple. I had higher expectations.

We obviously had an almost identical experience. Well if nothing else it's taught us both some lessons about EA.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I admit I do admire the tenacity of those disappointed with the whole situation. If it was reversed I don't know if I'd be able to hang around for so long hoping for change only to be disappointed time and time again.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    EA being generous? LMAO! Who are you kidding? This should come as no surprise... EA is literally the most greedy and selfish gaming company out there.
    EA being generous? LMAO! Who are you kidding? This should come as no surprise... EA is literally the most greedy and selfish gaming company out there.

Not really though.

Not many companies would give TS2 with all DLC away for free. I still see 10 year old games (no DLC) sold for $20 on Steam. Not many companies patch in free bonus content (not base game stuff).
    EA don't even have to give out free packs like the holiday pack.

EA are also giving us free content next week.

I'd say Ubisoft is. Or even Nintendo. Both companies are guilty of rarely reducing prices of their games, and not bothering to patch glitches or issues after launch.

At a store I go to, some Nintendo made games for Wii are still full price.

The only reason they gave away Sims 2 for free on Origin is because they knew The Sims 4 was going to be received terribly by critics and fans, so they wanted to show how "nice" they can be. Also, support for The Sims 2 was cancelled, so that was another reason.

Also, Nintendo's games are actually worth the money. I'd rather pay $60 (or more) for a complete game with a lot of gameplay than $60 for a Sims game that isn't even complete and will have me spending hundreds more on expansion packs, stuff packs, etc. EA's game are always released incomplete. Nintendo actually finishes them. Your comparison was terrible. It's like apples to oranges. Nintendo actually completes their games (and delays them if needed). EA does not.

You cannot tell me that EA isn't greedy. Do you know how much The Sims 3's total worth is when you include all the expansion packs, stuff packs, and DLC? It will end up costing you over $74,000... that's just pathetic!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/846954921951120944/

And The Sims 4 is even worse. While we may not have a store for the game (though we all know it's probably coming), the content in The Sims 4 is less quantity. It's not worth the money at all. The next expansion pack (Get Together) is featuring a closet as a core feature... a CLOSET! At least the content in Sims 3 was (and still is) worth buying.

EA is greedy but isn't the "greediest". I never said EA is the worst.

And the rest of your post wasn't worth typing because it's extremely bias and I never mentioned anything to trigger that.

And the Sims 4 packs come with more content and gameplay for the price, which is why I can't take you seriously when you say that all that store content which rarely worked without a patch "was worth it".

Say what you want, but at least the $20 Gamepacks work. And well.

LMAO! I can't even take YOU seriously when you suggest that the packs for Sims 4 have more content and gameplay... who are you kidding? You're in so much denial about how terrible this game is... the next expansion pack features a CLOSET as a core feature! Not only that, but the developers also claimed that it was "too hard" to put a live bear in the Outdoor Retreat game pack! lol Don't even attempt to argue back at me if you're just going to keep being ridiculous.

I agree with Jack, I think The Sims 4 does have more content and gameplay, at least more content and gameplay that I find usable, So far every Pack except the Holiday Celebration Free Pack has added new content and gameplay, in past iterations, only about a couple of Stuff Packs added gameplay, some even added less content than The Sims 4 Stuff Packs added, plus The Sims 4 has Game Packs which release allot of content and gameplay. The game being terrible is your subjective opinion, calling people 'in denial' just shows your disregard for opposing opinions, you can share an opposing opinion without trying to make claims of why people enjoy the game. I don't see what's so wrong with a gameplay object being one of the highlighted features for the Pack, it's not just talking about the Walk-In Closet(Which we've haven't gotten before) but also clothing and allot of previous Packs have highlighted just clothing as one of their features. Too hard? How are we to know how much effort it takes to create a Bear unless we've tried to do so ourselves on their engine? I've only read that they didn't see a point in adding a Bear to a Game Pack since it would take up more resources than they actually need. Don't even attempt to argue back with me if you're just going to disregard other peoples' opinions.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    edited November 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    iiimee wrote: »
    > @meeoun said:
    > Miamine wrote: »
    >
    > Real World - um.... interesting concept...
    >
    > Think this real world isn't for me... too many consumers making excuses for millionaires and being thankful for getting ripped off. People who call other's entitled, and would rather spend time defending bad business practices rather than looking to their own interests. Nope.. I don't do such things... I'm part of the old world that still looks for value in the things that I purchase.
    >
    > Real world.... yep, that's what they said before 2008 bank crisis and recession that is still causing problems... It's not for nothing people laugh at Simmers and the way they love to throw their money away. Other gamers are asking for more, but here Sim players are asking for less and asking you to take more money away from them. (Kick me please, X marks the spot and I'll thank you whilst your doing it)
    >
    > Real World... yep, interesting concept.... think it's too expensive for me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol. This is true. Simmers are literally the laughing stock of the gaming community. We're pretty patient and mature folks. Any other gaming community given a game sequel released in the state Sims 4 was in last year wouldn't even of made it through its first expansion.

Is that why we have so many gamers on this forum who keep threatening to stop playing or saying the game sucks? If you don't like the content, leave- maybe then those remaining will get something. Lol

Ha...without all the people complaining, people like you would be getting nothing. You'd be paying for scraps. They crippled this game on purpose. They intentionally left things out to sell them to us later. It was all in a survey pre-release. So yeah...they think we're dumb and tried to monetize the game even further by removing 90% of the base game content of previous games to try and sell back to us. And most people are like...no, I don't think so. But then there are others who are like...yeah, I want to build the CEO another house!

First of all, I've seen allot of content added that I never saw people complain allot about, plus many people asked for certain features to be added that have been added but allot of them weren't complaints but suggestions for the game. If they intentionally crippled the game to sell us content later, then why the heck would we be getting Content Patches almost every Month? They could've just easily put Pools in a Pool Party Stuff Pack and left Ghosts for a Supernatural Expansion Pack, but nope, they gave them to us in an Update. I've never seen a single SimGuru say that we Simmers are dumb, but nice use of hyperboles. As for content from previous games, where was allot of the content from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3 then, the fears, attraction system, the more advanced stories, open stores where you had to buy clothes, Car animations etc.?

Because smart people were like...NO, I DON'T THINK SO! Everything you got for free was thanks to the backlash of the people who look for value in a product. Had we not complained, you would have had to pay for all the things in those patches.

What we got at launch was an absence of careers, nothing to do, and no NPC burglars and police because they wanted to sell them to you.
    LkZRvvkgI6OiOuyy68W8QW1KQP8RyTO-XjZ5M4FYnR0MQUJ7RjjElXJLSHCACy-2UTYrkgP5aRFcQowVle-FJE5JaVl4ukvtq4UIjf04jhK-mAKZLsfpbfhJlNJKHlvbbvhGyxzs-N1uadmSRPKeDVNOCTloeCMYLR2n5TToe6r9YC_1x5R2ZgeHT49zEwt8BtSFJKK0sBEsRKFqbKfJm0T81Birz8FY-VMIy4K6cxgLj33H0kGB1vAB1UhdD-ypdA8KlWGw2L5yPvv3p5_1qhsMqDRqxw8myQ56w5t62KzUISwRNm_r41IuuyM8_Ga7sy_semxhRRmrGy8qTmFbGO3ElMiD3vHzn_DwR9Kedl7KfV6p-wUP5PVFVQnxSo8DlW45onQDm4ZhmP3HrPJeZ2HCFtrVBqU27Vks6cRuEbx9o-4jAXvF5qDbX7PnMp3GpcrTruVdNMSzSbv_QUwPDURq-RGzngrdm5YjjeuH6K08LTHj1HpoA0bHAVlP2RTO7IfBTU9_AKpz8Ydu_7LyBhROnhbEz758cgCIG4CwdT-X=w400-h575-no

No pools, no hireable gardeners, no ghosts, and no family activities...again, because they planned on selling it to you.
    22SBw3YejdB1ITJGgVBKiM8fIJOHYxXNIDWXZCiSyFOuOsO2CqFGLmXTdZjvywKrd4OuluvC1tL5LHHqM1UVjLgaMWCZ4SRLY_35zzUVBavhAfYqIrZxEI3X8sQv1dp_kvZALDzjkvaiOYZ-nj8hNbpS0pdgu7gKTS958N_W_i3oxN9czOdDCvfPC5Yx9YyBVSddBnQHowyN_e2kH9XLe-2XapxQKIZ-a3JU5aPeTKMj-TkFbq3xp47YRdyWM3Iv-uHYVpGvlwMcKtQhIOB6yV5QVwSmpnc76tLDKqZx6ED3ZcyDK2AGi0j_rO5Zc0l-glAdjl9AthLwhUQY6tP9mL7vXl1FptTDJNOal13fEy9-1KLCyFEGuRFEmN2TQNIq6QoCpQngGEt1h3AJvX5BdMN-MmH6KPnC7Yd3x2Rf2f6yuM_5FvtfnJUc1uQZJiH8TNrTofSw282mpyb5QDf7Zhjcu6wxAcW-5GXIktRwvK06jwc1SftFTXr2pO6hlaB4UG-x6drl0kWJMHu1IkU53jmNCR6YelFMQfs_KvCh3qmX=w400-h575-no

Prices they thought you might like to pay.
    123ZqOal3uifxhxNltRsZ3isZOZS-vILtnytnUvhCO3a4T9Jx7tDOrowpRFbQ9-VAsRA63byEmSPXg4qOETJCMExhMvHGvgpjKwtK285RP7gRol9ELay4huJRnV8D6lFG5KMsxAAcjafQXxG1seYw5_C9a872ZtWP1W7eTfwSzf7kRprVCIDEL5379hDHwjci0C19wRUNrwVB4IVOlBWMLfbkjb9LpX2YZ9NasEjOPXFCYB808SqeSKpya2Do8ljnUld0-APHGsgJY6Sc4Qz9WNhpvYHXoUuMwQuZuUlULF8lK6endVNi2ts5mcJBiaGYjeqF9LDLDk3cdEzDjuuHYkGJruK9wxPm8R0-Wc2IAiUpYMEKu8aUV_tbS-99ioKKK2eFjInuqhcun8sz0A3tdi_aAwmz6uv89RLLYETYsayn7NXjyvN8C4fpO4MUk1dIb96zTqbqpnwvukFxriLUZLBVp81EPvoJLYyLoMmOKhKB7WQArMZNswHDn4W4LlTyOc_zFVo-Z_4SrVDreqbfiKLxojZ-9UGquQEx5Xzv-Cn=w1366-h728-no

And funny that you think you are getting some amazing new content. They've been working on these stuff packs since before launch. They were supposed to be part of a subscription model they had planned and accidentally revealed during a live play before launch. The 3 things on there were spooky stuff, outdoor retreat, and luxury party stuff. I bet ghosts were supposed to be included in spooky stuff but people were pretty ticked at their absence and they released them in a patch to try and gain some goodwill after the backlash.
    Mx_R71Zt0O7apDM46E6jTJMb-zx8rNInXpqSwwUlqpGhuW8LmP16JyE0ypiA6KY129x0E2yTP8LUip3ATdHrSQiV9qq8HuorUJ0K-Kj6CsL0NFwcQ6tkVqwWLya61WrO9YiZDxS66rt7q5dHLQV_ms5Q-uAEYWhXXJ8d979tW1En9mdQkaFhp0yyj0nC4pcXAqCyIZYav0XgPd2qPZ6LIxK1XtWqourtwnZsXvLFmsKM_hO1TkyYUAk5HskJGeehPX2GAR9engM9jStwVYuNAhQVrxkoHqqZwN4ZJ01WF0jCOOcx0eB3Y_8oxwkdAWijiMpozxfz-90tlnFXrgqoBCkoGgpN4YVV9ulVGyt_6IeGd8AJxzLRQ4x8Ww_brIT3J0jCmVR9Y1howOKBxgzVcIfc3c-0oyUKgyXVJTH-KWDcjfNmbLm2mu_mJCxblBSzVFCDd7fTLootsQebJOU_slPP5fp6CxXclrArXmsaUEVmOHoTDf1C6BzSlt1dQ1zuMySaLM7bpXpksvOWhcdct2OqRQHh1cUNr_gm7x1m0JHO=w1674-h943-no

So you are saying that in order to be smart, you had to show dislike towards The Sims 4? I'm sorry, I didn't realise intelligence was based on subjective opinion on a video game. Also, not everything we got was just because of people complaining, there were allot of people who asked for that same stuff and allot of people who asked for other things to be added without making a complaint thread about wanting that content but making a suggestion, there's a difference between the two.

But we do have Pools, Ghosts and Family Activities(which is subjective anyway, as proven by one of the threads I made last month). If they wanted to sell it to us, they could've, but they didn't.

How do you know what the original price was for these contents or what Pack they'd be added to, or what type of Pack they'd be apart of?

Laugh all you want but to me I am getting amazing new content. So they've been working on the Stuff Packs since before launch, so what? They were going to be apart of a Subscription Model, and what? The Sims 3 had The Sims 3 Store which was and still is disliked by many people, plus they didn't follow through with the Subscription plan. I doubt Ghosts were originally going to be apart of Spooky Stuff, but we're both just assuming how Ghosts could've been added, but Ghosts were added through a Patch nonetheless, if it was due to people asking for Ghosts back, that just simply proves that they have been listening to many Simmers.

Also not sure what the point of those images are, they're just grey circles with white lines.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    simsjammy wrote: »
    I agree w Dan. Then don't buy it. Why do consumers expect free items all the time?

Because they sold me an incomplete game that wasn't worth the money I spent on it. So now I feel like I should get a lot of free things to make up for the money I invested based on their lies before release. That's why. If you don't like it or don't agree, then great for you. I, as a sensible consumer, demand a product worth the pricetag.

they sold you a complete, finished game. it was done, and you knew that and spent the amount of money you chose to. they didn't say "hey Mstybl95 this game has got everything you specifically want in it!" and then give you a game without that stuff. you knew what you were buying and for how much, and you chose to do it

Um, no. Actually they said we didn't get to finish so we're going to release lots of things for free. And considering the list of missing things was so long...well, I took them at their word that they'd be adding a substantial amount back. So far we got broken ghosts and broken pools and lots of broken patches that break more things.

Are the base games ever truly finished? If so, what is the point of the additional packs? TS3 had loads of them. The base game for TS4 has upgraded a lot just since I started playing in February. A ton of stuff has been free. I wasn't going to buy SPooky Stuff because I didn't see much there that I would use. It went on sale, so I changed my mind. I bought the base game on sale as well. I got the digital deluxe package for around $42.

Edited because the initials for Spooky Stuff are bad and must be auto-censored.
    Additions are supposed to add options, not essentials. If you ordered a hamburger and just got the meat patty and were told you had to pay more for the buns and lettuce, would that be satisfactory?

And who chooses what's essential for a game? Each of us Simmers have our own subjective opinion on what is essential to the game, for me, Pets and Supernaturals are essential to the game but people have begged to differ.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

If only The Sims 3 had The Sims 2's Story, Fears, Attraction System, Apartments, Pet Careers, Businesses and was playable on my PCs, then it would be my favourite game, with the graphics of The Sims 4 too :p
  • blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited November 2015

Like @sparkfairy1 I did not frequent the forums before The Sims 4 was released.

Why? Because I was too busying playing and enjoying 3. I never saw that list before I purchased 4. I knew there would be no toddlers and open world, because I read it in a gaming article, but that was it. I had no idea that they had stripped the game to the bare minimum until I purchased it.

From the advertising and trailers, emotions looked so sophisticated and innovative. I had no idea they are basically what other games call buffs and debuffs and that they change from one minute to the next often at random.

I imagine the majority of purchasers were like me: they had no idea exactly what they were getting. They purchased the game because they loved The Sims and expected the same premium quality as the last 3 games.

I only started posting on these forums out of disgust at 4, as I believe we have a responsibility to air our feelings to let Maxis know we are not happy. To give them the information they need to fix things, or if they cannot do that, at least hopefully prevent the same problems if they make a 5.

I've been playing games for most of my life. I know what is a good quality game. There are games I've played that I did not like, but I could see that they were good quality and appreciate that even though the game was not for me personally.

4 is not good quality. It is a game for the Facebook Generation who have become so used to task-based, online free2play games, that they cannot appreciate that games can have artificial intelligence that is advanced. That premium priced games are supposed to have premium content.
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Not really though.

Not many companies would give TS2 with all DLC away for free. I still see 10 year old games (no DLC) sold for $20 on Steam. Not many companies patch in free bonus content (not base game stuff).

I'd say Ubisoft is. Or even Nintendo. Both companies are guilty of rarely reducing prices of their games, and not bothering to patch glitches or issues after launch.

The only reason they gave away Sims 2 for free on Origin is because they knew The Sims 4 was going to be received terribly by critics and fans, so they wanted to show how "nice" they can be. Also, support for The Sims 2 was cancelled, so that was another reason.

Also, Nintendo's games are actually worth the money. I'd rather pay $60 (or more) for a complete game with a lot of gameplay than $60 for a Sims game that isn't even complete and will have me spending hundreds more on expansion packs, stuff packs, etc. EA's game are always released incomplete. Nintendo actually finishes them. Your comparison was terrible. It's like apples to oranges. Nintendo actually completes their games (and delays them if needed). EA does not.

You cannot tell me that EA isn't greedy. Do you know how much The Sims 3's total worth is when you include all the expansion packs, stuff packs, and DLC? It will end up costing you over $74,000... that's just pathetic!

And The Sims 4 is even worse. While we may not have a store for the game (though we all know it's probably coming), the content in The Sims 4 is less quantity. It's not worth the money at all. The next expansion pack (Get Together) is featuring a closet as a core feature... a CLOSET! At least the content in Sims 3 was (and still is) worth buying.

And the rest of your post wasn't worth typing because it's extremely bias and I never mentioned anything to trigger that.

And the Sims 4 packs come with more content and gameplay for the price, which is why I can't take you seriously when you say that all that store content which rarely worked without a patch "was worth it".

LMAO! I can't even take YOU seriously when you suggest that the packs for Sims 4 have more content and gameplay... who are you kidding? You're in so much denial about how terrible this game is... the next expansion pack features a CLOSET as a core feature! Not only that, but the developers also claimed that it was "too hard" to put a live bear in the Outdoor Retreat game pack! lol Don't even attempt to argue back at me if you're just going to keep being ridiculous.

I agree with Jack, I think The Sims 4 does have more content and gameplay, at least more content and gameplay that I find usable, So far every Pack except the Holiday Celebration Free Pack has added new content and gameplay, in past iterations, only about a couple of Stuff Packs added gameplay, some even added less content than The Sims 4 Stuff Packs added, plus The Sims 4 has Game Packs which release allot of content and gameplay. The game being terrible is your subjective opinion, calling people 'in denial' just shows your disregard for opposing opinions, you can share an opposing opinion without trying to make claims of why people enjoy the game. I don't see what's so wrong with a gameplay object being one of the highlighted features for the Pack, it's not just talking about the Walk-In Closet(Which we've haven't gotten before) but also clothing and allot of previous Packs have highlighted just clothing as one of their features. Too hard? How are we to know how much effort it takes to create a Bear unless we've tried to do so ourselves on their engine? I've only read that they didn't see a point in adding a Bear to a Game Pack since it would take up more resources than they actually need. Don't even attempt to argue back with me if you're just going to disregard other peoples' opinions.

I'm going to assume that you haven't been a Sims fan for a long time. We had closets in The Sims 2 Apartment Life. They aren't new to The Sims 4 and they certainly aren't anything special.

The Sims 4 does not have more content or gameplay than Sims 3. If it did, then I wouldn't find myself doing the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... the gameplay gets way too repetitive. In The Sims 3, everyday was a new thing. It never got boring either. So, to suggest that Sims 4 has more gameplay and content is just laughable! LOL

As for working with the game engine ourselves... it's not our job to do so! It's the job of the developers to create interesting and fun content for the game. It's NOT for us to do! Don't even try to make such an arrogant argument again. That was just more of your denial speaking.

And don't attempt to talk down to me again. I've been a fan of The Sims since the first game. You should take a seat and let the older fans take their stand. You clearly haven't played the previous Sims games. For all I know, Sims 4 was your first one. The only people who enjoy The Sims 4 are the ones who never played the previous games OR they simply didn't play them enough to enjoy the features to the fullest.

You can keep denying the truth, but Sims 4 is by far the worst game in the franchise. Most fans (especially those of us who have been here since Sims 1) will agree. The Sims 4 has been poorly reviewed by fans AND critics! It's a terrible game. Get over it. It's fine if you personally like the game, but that's your own opinion and nothing else. It simply proves how terrible your taste in games are.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

Not really though.

Someone liking a game you don't does not make them 'in denial'. It just means they like things different from you, and they have as much of a right to like it as you do to dislike it. You're being very rude.

Speaking the truth isn't "rude". The Sims 4 is a terrible game. Most fans and critics agree.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

Not really though.

Someone liking a game you don't does not make them 'in denial'. It just means they like things different from you, and they have as much of a right to like it as you do to dislike it. You're being very rude.

Speaking the truth isn't "rude". The Sims 4 is a terrible game. Most fans and critics agree.

I played The Sims 4 more in a few weeks than I played The Sims 3 in its entire run. That's my truth, my opinion.

The truth you speak is your opinion, please don't apply it to all of us.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Not really though.

How do you know that? did you manage to go around to everyone and ask them how they felt. Actually looking on Amazon it has a 3 star review although it's not real high it would mean the majority like sims 4 more than they dislike it and that doesn't even include the ratings of additional content as well as the fact that these reviews are from release and issues have been addressed since then. So I recommend from now on you don't make a prerequisite judgement like that and simply just say "alot of fans and critics agree".