Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruLyndsay replies to tweet about toddlers, hmm?

13...Next

Comments

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Not everything is a hint with deeper meaning. I see this as projecting your wishes onto a clear statement.

They're aware we want toddlers, that doesn't mean they will give them to us. Even if some of them want to, they need permission and a proper budget. Do they have that? We just don't know.

Over a year since this game has been released and "everything" every week has been a "hint" to toddlers. Feel like the game could end and people would say they're going to release toddlers finally.

Maybe one day they will, maybe they won't. No one knows, but imo this is no hint. You don't need my permission or support to believe what ever you want though. This is just my honest opinion on the situation.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Of course they are aware. They would have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to be aware. The question is: do they care?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Of course they are aware. They would have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to be aware. The question is: do they care?
    Yep exactly. Aware doesn't mean toddlers will return anytime soon. Honestly I think they'll dangle that carrot until the fifth year when the Sims 4 is nearly over with development. At that point, toddlers will be boring not expanded with any packs just like how babies are.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Uh huh and? They've been aware since the second they announced that toddlers would not be in the sims 4 (and probably before that as soon as the decision was made to cut them). It's been a year since launch so... where my toddlers at? Oh right, they aren't being worked on because they have to sell more party themed fluff.
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Meaningless in my opinion.
    Having been lied to during the pre-order stage, I consider anything they say to be an evasion of the truth -or in simple terms, a lie.

Until I actually see toddlers in the Sims 4 for myself, I wouldn't believe it if she said they were coming.

Never trust liars.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Purple-Ink wrote: »
    Honestly she's probably just tired of hearing about it. I know I would be if I was her!

If the developers didn't rush the game, people wouldn't have to continuously "annoy" them about toddlers. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Stop acting as if it's up to the fans to just accept and enjoy an incomplete game.

EA doesn't allow them to talk about it. And they have no one to blame?

How about the fact they were TOLD to make an online Sims game, and then EA DECIDED when SimCity cane out to change it to a full on Sims game. And gave them a year to do it.

It's not fair that devs cop all the blame. They made a strong foundation that can at least be built on, rather than trying to get everything in and having a game that falls apart.

SimGuruGraham already said they couldn't finish them in the time they were given (which means EA set the deadline).
  • ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2015
    LESSONS UNLEARNED

1. Provide a Product People Want and Like
    2. Sell Your Product at a Reasonable Price
    3. Support the Products You Sell
    4. SEALING THE DEAL
    wcia_bracket_header_2013finalfinal.png

tumblr_lq5n7cL9lX1qcjk35.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly she's probably just tired of hearing about it. I know I would be if I was her!

If the developers didn't rush the game, people wouldn't have to continuously "annoy" them about toddlers. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Stop acting as if it's up to the fans to just accept and enjoy an incomplete game.

How about the fact they were TOLD to make an online Sims game, and then EA DECIDED when SimCity cane out to change it to a full on Sims game. And gave them a year to do it.

It's not fair that devs cop all the blame. They made a strong foundation that can at least be built on, rather than trying to get everything in and having a game that falls apart.

SimGuruGraham already said they couldn't finish them in the time they were given (which means EA set the deadline).

COO Peter Moore would disagree with you.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-07-01-eas-moore

"Q: Is that a case of you talking to the studios about what they want to do and trusting them to know how much time they need, or does it come from you?

Peter Moore: It's actually from the studio. The studio will come, we sit down, we have what we call 'key franchise reviews', we have three, four year views of what our portfolio will be. We then sit down with the studio heads and say "Okay, what do you need?"

I know everybody thinks companies like us say "you must deliver the game!" That's not how it happens. The big bad EA forces the game out before...That's not what happens. The studios are in control, they know what their milestones are. If a studio says "Look, we just need the time," they need the time. "
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I dunno. The brief two-word response gives an air of "Yes, I KNOW. You've only whined about it a million times and I'm so exasperated. But I can't say anything beyond that."

I mean I want toddlers in TS4, but I don't think this is a hint towards anything.

This. I mean, she sounds as though she's eye-rolling the whole time she wrote it, probably ready to tear her hair out.

It's not a hint whatsoever. A hint at aggravation? Sure. :/
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

COO Peter Moore would disagree with you.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-07-01-eas-moore

"Q: Is that a case of you talking to the studios about what they want to do and trusting them to know how much time they need, or does it come from you?

Peter Moore: It's actually from the studio. The studio will come, we sit down, we have what we call 'key franchise reviews', we have three, four year views of what our portfolio will be. We then sit down with the studio heads and say "Okay, what do you need?"

I know everybody thinks companies like us say "you must deliver the game!" That's not how it happens. The big bad EA forces the game out before...That's not what happens. The studios are in control, they know what their milestones are. If a studio says "Look, we just need the time," they need the time. "

Yes, this is what I've always heard too. Even Graham once said the same thing on Mod the Sims, about a year or so ago. No I am too lazy to look it up. Someone else can google it.

So I don't know why people insist that EA sets all the rules for Maxis. It's a myth.

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Being aware and actually doing something about said issue, are two different things. Yes, they are aware, if they weren't I'd be even more scared for this franchise than I am. However, that doesn't mean they are going to fix the problem.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I take it that if they can't talk about Toddlers, then it's something they're at least still looking into, that's just my perspective of it.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I take it that if they can't talk about Toddlers, then it's something they're at least still looking into, that's just my perspective of it.

Not necessarily. For all we know toddlers could be at the bottom of their priority lists; they have an agenda after all.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

That's their fault. They deserve it. They need to do something, otherwise you won't hear the end of it. Just like America and gun control, it's not being solved and people are getting more upset. Either way Maxis needs to do something to end the rage, we know and they know how. But they have yet to give us the know.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member

I guess it's a no win situation. They're probably tired of us talking about toddlers and we're tired of them not sharing any info about whats going to happen.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    The tweet does mean something, because they wouldn't say anything if they didn't gain something from it (yes, I'm that cynical). They must know that replying to anything related to toddlers will create more debate/disappointment/hope, as long as the reply isn't "They're coming!". So, when one of the Gurus does acknowledge questions, I ask myself why. I think they don't want the remaining hope among fans to fade away even more, as that equals more customers leaving.

It would be in their interest to tell us if they're in fact working on toddlers, as it would create hype and people returning to the game ... to buy more stuff while waiting. But they're not telling us anything. It's not fruitful to keep quiet about products that are highly requested, unless they really can't deliver them. So my guess is that they are still not sure if they are able to add toddlers to the game. If they're in the works and they just won't tell us yet ... then I think they have a strange idea of how to keep customers happy. Either way, I'm not impressed.
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    LOL she probably like

CRPjN7xUkAA6VI9.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thing is EA/Maxis is repeating exactly what happened during Sims 3 with aliens. Simmers will demand toddlers until they are in the game just like with aliens. All I know is I won't wait three years again like I had to with the Sims 3. You would think they'd learn their lesson by now what not to cut. At least aliens were put in fairly early this time, but once again I'm waiting on alien toddlers. *eyeroll* Note to Maxis, do not cut popular life states and life stages. You will receive a backlash every single dang time. History repeats itself yet again. It is almost laughable when it is occurring again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Thing is EA/Maxis is repeating exactly what happened during Sims 3 with aliens. Simmers will demand toddlers until they are in the game just like with aliens. All I know is I won't wait three years again like I had to with the Sims 3. You would think they'd learn their lesson by now what not to cut. At least aliens were put in fairly early this time, but once again I'm waiting on alien toddlers. *eyeroll* Note to Maxis, do not cut popular life states and life stages. You will receive a backlash every single dang time. History repeats itself yet again. It is almost laughable when it is occurring again.

I am waiting vampires too (and fairies if possible).
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited November 2015
    aws200 wrote: »

That's their fault. They deserve it. They need to do something, otherwise you won't hear the end of it. Just like America and gun control, it's not being solved and people are getting more upset. Either way Maxis needs to do something to end the rage, we know and they know how. But they have yet to give us the know.

I imagine she is fed up with the situation but I can't see how it is her / the development team's fault. Think about it; the dev team are basically being told what they have to create and I'm sure most if not all of them KNOW the fans want toddlers back badly, they're not allowed to talk about anything to do with the game and they're constantly being asked about something they're probably not even being allowed to work on. I imagine it must really suck for them.

To anyone else getting their hopes up again PLEASE remember at this point EA have a very bad history with manipulating people concerning toddlers. It always seems to get brought up again right before they're going to release something new (and we do have an EP coming) because it gives them attention and makes people excited. They've been doing this kind of thing since before the game even came out and we've had an abundance of "hints" over the past year that have all ended up being bunk. Remember when all that Star Wars junk came out and how EA made such a big deal about how something "huge" was coming - everybody thought it was toddlers due to the way EA acted and they were wrong.

I'm not saying simgurulyndsay is trying to manipulate anyone, or that she is lying because the liklihood is her tweet is one of frustration at her own situation because there is nothing she can do. All I am saying is try not to get your hopes up again.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    So we ALL know how the gurus aren't allowed to talk about future content that's not announced and we ALL know how they like to avoid talking about toddlers and their absence. Well SimGuruLyndsay replied to someone on twitter saying they were "very aware" of the toddler situation. And honestly I know I should take it with a grain of salt but I can only see it as a hint :confused: She could've just ignored the tweet like other gurus have multiple times but she didn't and it was recent. ONLY 5 days ago, I don't know but it just seems odd :tired_face:

I believe there is no need to hunt for hints. If Toddlers were coming, Maxis would announce it loudly.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    So we ALL know how the gurus aren't allowed to talk about future content that's not announced and we ALL know how they like to avoid talking about toddlers and their absence. Well SimGuruLyndsay replied to someone on twitter saying they were "very aware" of the toddler situation. And honestly I know I should take it with a grain of salt but I can only see it as a hint :confused: She could've just ignored the tweet like other gurus have multiple times but she didn't and it was recent. ONLY 5 days ago, I don't know but it just seems odd :tired_face:

I believe there is no need to hunt for hints. If Toddlers were coming, Maxis would announce it loudly.

I'm sure they will announce it loudly ... when they're at a point when they can actually also answer our inevitable millions of desperate questions about implementation, patch them in right away, or show us an upcoming, preorderable pack. In the meantime, I've been enjoying the little hints there've been since August.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »

I agree that it means nothing but that they know that toddlers are wanted, I think it shows annoyance, but, that's just me.

It's not just you, the tweet reads as possibly somewhat annoyed to me as well. I can't say as I blame her if it was. A big part of my job involves listening to complaints about things that are out of my hands and it gets tiresome. Not to say that people are wrong to still be asking, either.

Personally, I get the feeling that these things would be in the game if it were only up to the gurus who actually work on the game.

I agree!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Oh yes, they know full well about the toddlers by now, even RF provided an excuse reason why they were removed in the first place...

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg