Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoome Diaries - A multi-challenge run

CoffeeZombieSimsCoffeeZombieSims Posts: 86 Member
This is a series of stories, each based on a different Sims challenge. I do my best to stick to stick to rules, but these are not 100% challenge stories.

Venus and Neptune Zoome were sent to a prospering world, with a mission to gather more food for the ever expanding population of the Home Planet. Will their family line succeed and prosper, or will they have to return home in shame?

Story - Credit
Venus' Garden - Simalot
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
All the Best Sims are Mad - simswithcheese
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

It's easier for me to post the rest of the stories on my own website, so for stories 3-13 go here: Coffee Zombie Sims
I like having fun, not trying to be original.
Zoome Diaries
Post edited by CoffeeZombieSims on

Comments

• CoffeeZombieSimsCoffeeZombieSims Posts: 86 Member
    Prologue

I can't believe the mistake I made. Why didn't I check, double check, and triple check? Thirteen generations of my family have lived on this planet, and by nightfall the last generation will surely die. I wish I could go to the Home World. But there is no way anyone from there would risk coming to this planet.

There's nothing to do now except finish the last chapter in the Zoome Dairies.
    Zoome Diaries
    edited October 2015
    Venus' Garden

The Home Planet was running out of food. At least that's what the Council told us when giving us our mission. Personally, I think they just needed an excuse to send away my ill tempered brother. They did send me with seeds though, and my brother with a fishing rod, so maybe they spoke true.. Either way, now we live in a strange place called Newcrest where we have to wear our disguises outside of the house.
    A_zps0mtwcuzv.png

Neptune and I spent a bit of time getting used to our surroundings, then I got to work planting the seeds.There weren't very many. Surely the produce would barely feed one family, never mind an entire world. I would have to go out and collect more plants.
    B_zpsyzjvkjpc.png

I've always been really shy and also afraid that my brother might randomly blow up, so it took a while for me to gather my courage and visit a different neighborhood. I'm glad I did though, not for the plants but for the amazing view. This planet my brother and I were sent to is very pretty.
    C_zpsitzfvkg0.png

I'm also glad because it turns out that Neptune quite likes fishing. He smiled so widely when he caught his first fish. It was quite the shock, as the last time I can remember him smiling was when the two of us were finally free of our pods.
    D_zpsmpzduimb.png

Maybe being sent to Newcrest was what we needed.
    Zoome Diaries
    Nothing very exciting happened for a while, I collected more plants, and Neptune did some more fishing, and both of us occasionally forgot to put on our disguises. There never seemed to be anyone around at the time though. We were pretty lucky.
    E_zpslopa2ufg.png

Then I met someone. Well, I met quite a few people. But this one, Salvatore, figured out that I was an alien and it didn't seem to bother him. On the contrary, he really seemed to like me, and I felt like I really liked him.
    F_zpsjjvan7ds.png

I had a talk with Neptune a few days after. I wanted to invite Salvator over, but I wouldn't if Neptune wasn't okay with it. I thought for sure he wouldn't, but he said he would be on his best behavior.
    G_zps5qm5ocjh.png

He was too, even though Salvatore was a bit less accepting of him being an alien. Something about the men always being the bad ones in movies.. I'm not sure. But I appreciated my brother trying, even though he couldn't get this grim look off of his face.
    H_zpsg83jdqm1.png

People of this world aren't so bad.
    Zoome Diaries
    Salvatore and I hung out a lot. We learned things about each other, about the places we've been (planets in my case), and I even showed him the general direction my planet was in.
    I_zpsfysfyldq.png

On the home planet, there really wasn't a thing such as romance. The pollinators would travel to different planets, then come back with a baby. They really missed out, my first kiss with Salvatore was.. Amazing!
    J_zpszjzyqwzs.png

One night Neptune was picked up by aliens! I don't think they were from our planet. I didn't recognize the ship at all, and there was no reason for the Council to get him picked up. He was brought back safely, though a little dazed. What a relief!
    K_zpsriurbewd.png

The very next morning, I learned that I was expecting Salvadore's child. I was really shocked at first. I've only ever seen male breeders. But, I would still love my child no matter who gave birth to it.
    L_zpsaamssyls.png

But would the Council accept it?
    Zoome Diaries
    edited October 2015
    It was finally time for my little one to be born, and not a moment too soon. But what a surprise when I had not one, but two beautiful baby girls. I worried that their green skin might upset Salvadore. Silly me.
    M_zpsnnwnwacr.png

The next big event was my wedding. When Salvadore proposed, I was shocked. He had always said how he had trouble committing to things, but that day he said he couldn't live without me and our daughters. My home was now filled with a family.
    N_zpsp6eu7xcb.png

A family wouldn't be complete without a pet. In my family's case, a very hungry pet that liked to tempt people with fake cake. But Milkyway could be just as adorable as he could be dangerous.
    O_zpsdrwgll9i.png

With the size of my garden I was able to help with the food crisis on the Home Planet, and my success here even encouraged a few others to move here. Neptune and I decided we would never go back to the Home planet. This was the planet of my husband and children, this is home.
    P_zpssp8ykw63.png

(Challenge finished on normal, 8420 pts give or take a few thousand that I didn't keep track of)
    Zoome Diaries
    Note: As someone who suffers from anxiety, and has had other mental illnesses in her family, I am not offended by this challenge or the Insane trait. That said, I hold nothing against you if you choose to skip over this story.

All the Best Sims are Mad

My name is Carina Zoome, and I am a patient of Newcrest Asylum.
    A_zpsneg9jpym.png

But I'm not insane. I was only talking to myself because there was no one interesting to talk to. People talk to plants all the time, don't they? There's a way out though. If I can complete three sets of board approved tasks, I can go free.
    B_zpsgwdurhfq.png

While I'm not insane, I'm not sure about the other people here. Carmilla the wicked and Trevor the flirt have been here the longest. Then there's the old soul Thomas, young at heart Poppy, lover of food Julien, and Sam the artist. Crazy Suzie came to the asylum at the same time as me.
    C_zpsnbppf1ar.png

I've gone on the computer to look at the different approved tasks, boy there are a lot of them. Creative ones, nature themed ones, there's really something there for everyone. I decided to start with a handisim one. Fixing a few toilets sounds easy as salad.
    D_zps2erlga5k.png
    Zoome Diaries
    edited November 2015
    The first few tasks were pretty easy. I had to read a few books cover to cover, which actually took a while because I would get bored half way through a book and start a new one. Then I had to start learning chess, which is actually a pretty fun game.
    E_zps1zuemvko.png

With only one bathroom in this place, the pluming broke a lot, but that was alright. One of my tasks was to repair something. Then the bills came in.. §1,000 and all the board had given us was §500. Carmila and Trevor both have jobs, but not very well paying ones. So I rolled up my sleeves and got to work on the woodworking table.
    F_zps9tsjvrxy.png

We managed to pay the bills off, and even had a good amount of money left. That money went towards my next task. I had to build a rocket and explore space. I know how dangerous that sounds, but it's not really. I couldn't travel very far, and the rocket always went home at a set time.
    G_zpsswfukl88.png

I've only completed my first set of tasks and already I'm exhausted, but at least I get a bed tonight. I usually do, unlike poor Sam. I don't think he ever gets a bed.
    H_zpslnyqg6yp.png
    Zoome Diaries
    edited November 2015
    The next set I chose was a programming one. A set of tasks that includes playing video games? Yes please. I gladly gave up a bed quite a few times for the chance of getting time on the computer.
    I_zpstolrntpz.png

This set of tasks required me to get a job. Which was actually a good thing, because replacing the stove every time someone started a kitchen fire was starting to get expensive. I wish the others would just stick to making salads.
    J_zpslqteessf.png

As I got better at programming, I was able to make even more money by doing freelance work. There was also a less favorable option. But I decided to leave the criminal life to Carmilla. She does it so well.
    K_zpshucwkarb.png

I've had more to do for this set of tasks, yet I feel less tired then I did before. At first I thought it was because I'm one set of tasks away from freedom. But I think it's actually Poppy . Like poor Sam, she rarely gets a bed. Yet she's so happy and so nice.
    L_zpskf4q7ynt.png
    Zoome Diaries
    For my final set of tasks, I first considered going with a multi-skill option. Then I got talking to Sam one day about art. It turns out painting is a very calming task. A time consuming one though, so I gave in my notice at my job so that I could dedicate my time to painting.
    Q_zpsxjwfsitg.png

Well, most of my time. Some of it went to Poppy and Sam. The two of them seemed to be the only ones who liked me at all. Also, Poppy is a great kisser..
    N_zpsfatgp49l.png

I've talked it over with the Board assigned councilor, Poppy can leave together on the one condition that we have our wedding on the property. When I told Poppy, she was so happy that she jumped into my arms. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.
    O_zps0bu8tyng.png
    Zoome Diaries
    edited November 2015
    I didn't see Thomas until the ceremony started. It turns out he had helped by making the food and drinks. All this time, I thought Thomas was a grumpy old loner. It turns out I barely knew him at all.
    P_zpssvmpwzpm.png

For the first time since she and I came to the asylum, Suzie wore a pair of shoes. They were converse sneakers, but what could one really expect from dear Suzie? I hope she knows how much that small effort meant to me.M_zpsxom7tuu8.png

The biggest shocker though.. Carmilla apologized for being so mean to me, and even hugged me. She explained that she had been harboring a crush on Sam for the longest time, and thought I was making my move. They make a lovely couple.
    R_zpsh3aoduxv.png

My wedding was amazing, the Board had done a wonderful job turning the depressing yard into something beautiful. But the most beautiful part was my bride. Tomorrow we leave this place as Ms. Carina and Poppy Zoome.
    S_zpst53qax9l.png
    __
    Played on Normal mode. Final score: 280 pt
    Zoome Diaries