Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one who likes this pack BECAUSE it is bad?

Darkwave7341Darkwave7341 Posts: 48 Member
I think the stuff in this is ridiculous, dumb and just plain pointless. But because it is so weird and stupid it makes me like it!
What's the deal with airline food?
Post edited by Darkwave7341 on

Comments

• Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2015
    Me too.I think the same about the objects, yet I have a Sim who I think this pack was made for! She's a Childish, Inappropriate, Artistic, Clumsy, Couch Potato Sim who loves everything pink and outrageous. I set out to create a really unusual Sim, and I ended up loving her personality and lifestyle. I have played her for ages, and return to her family again and again. Since I love her so much, I just had to get her this pack. Her whole house is decorated with these objects, and I have the gumdrop trees in her yard. She is a Daycare Provider who has reached maximum career level. She is also a Celebrity, and is quite popular with the neighbourhood. Since she approves of this pack, I have learned to love it too!
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i acquired even the Katy Perry Showtime version
    i am neither a fan of Katy Perry or her music, i also still don't own the Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    but i will have it at some point & i will use it in my game, because it is so weird, it's weirdness makes it special
    just the initial prices asked for it were also quite weird :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I didn't have the chance to buy it before it was retired. The stuff in it looks cute though. I can't even really claim to know who Katy Perry is (outside the sims that is) my daughter was never into that type of music so other than that she's a singer of pop style music .... no clue. That said, I am sad that I missed out on completing my collection with the cute little confections that were included.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I like Katy Perry all though I'm not a crazy fan and her style isn't my kind of thing. Some of the stuff has use but not much. It took a good sale before I grabbed it. Crazy how it's no longer available now but I guess it makes sense since they signed some kind of agreement. Celebrities should never be a part of anything sims related in my opinion... except for The Sims 1: House Party with Drew Cary! :) I think that series had some other celebs too.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I admit I do use the stuff quite a lot, mainly for decorating my Sims kids bedrooms.
  • Options
    > @duhboy2u2 said:
    > I didn't have the chance to buy it before it was retired. The stuff in it looks cute though. I can't even really claim to know who Katy Perry is (outside the sims that is) my daughter was never into that type of music so other than that she's a singer of pop style music .... no clue. That said, I am sad that I missed out on completing my collection with the cute little confections that were included.

You can still buy the pack of eBay or Amazon
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I have this stuff pack, but ONLY BECAUSE another simmer had used a building from it when she had created her world. And if I wanted to play her world correctly, I had to buy the pack. As far as the objects and clothes?? I've looked at them, but..... I really don't think I's ever use them in anything. Was I dumb to *buy this pack* then? Maybe. But, as I said, I really did want my friend's world to work as she had created it.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    > @MsPrissy88 said:
    > I have this stuff pack, but ONLY BECAUSE another simmer had used a building from it when she had created her world. And if I wanted to play her world correctly, I had to buy the pack. As far as the objects and clothes?? I've looked at them, but..... I really don't think I's ever use them in anything. Was I dumb to *buy this pack* then? Maybe. But, as I said, I really did want my friend's world to work as she had created it.
    once I bought a pack just to get some custom content, but I ended up liking the pack (High end Loft Stuff). I never use the clothes either.
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    I also didnt get a chance to buy this pack its a shame i wanted to try it
  • Options
    > @ShadowLabrys said:
    > I also didnt get a chance to buy this pack its a shame i wanted to try it

You can still buy it on eBay or Amazon!
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    o really thank you i will look for it! :)
  • Options
    GamingAngelGamingAngel Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't like it, but I bought it to complete my collection.
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    I love this pack and use it for nearly everything. :D
  • Options
    minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    I, too, love it because it is so silly. I use some of the clothes for my singer sims. I use the decor for my kids' rooms. I even turned that cake lot into a coffee shop. Best $4 I ever spent that pack was.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I found it on Amazon for $5.00, so I have it. I use some of the clothes in it. And once in a while when I'm playing the indulgent parent Sim, I use a lot of the kid stuff in it. But I think they could have come up with a better idea for a stuff pack. But it is what it is and I got it at a great price, so I have nothing to complain about.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yeah, part of why I like this pack is because it's just silly kitsch. Some of my sims are ridiculous, eccentric characters and a lot of this stuff works for them. I also discovered that lots of the items and clothes will work in "normal" settings with some creative recoloring.
    IHJCfa6.jpg