Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So will there be a patch Tuesday or a pack announcement?

What do you guys think?
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Hopefully a patch. The claim bed/loss of autonomy is really grating on me! And I can't stand facepaint and all of my current families' work clothes now include facepaint.

Also hope that it will include the Trick or Treat items. :)
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    it should include the treat/trick items and could say something about the game pack that is being worked on; however I think that the autonomy bug is something that is too new an issue to expect a bug fix for in the next patch.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Patch is Tuesday and hopefully a pack announcement Wednesday. Also new info this coming week on Get Together. Great week for TS4.
    I hope the wedding cake glitch gets fixed in this patch.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    There won't be a pack announcement on Wednesday. The patch being on a Tuesday (as opposed to a Thursday) pretty much confirms that. This week's news blog post will be on Get Together.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »
    There won't be a pack announcement on Wednesday. The patch being on a Tuesday (as opposed to a Thursday) pretty much confirms that. This week's news blog post will be on Get Together.

Maybe next week then.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I am ready for the good news of a repairman in the patch. Would be even better if there will be more depth to it.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I am ready for the good news of a repairman in the patch. Would be even better if there will be more depth to it.

Repair toddlers confirmed. :o:D

---

Tuesday is possibly going to be patch day. A game pack/stuff pack announcement may be in a few weeks, but released in January.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Maybe next week then.

I think Get Together is the only pack for the rest of the year.

Hopefully we'll get the new game pack in January.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    Patch is Tuesday and hopefully a pack announcement Wednesday. Also new info this coming week on Get Together. Great week for TS4.

Cat, thanks for the update. I need a bug fix patch for the autonomy bug. My Sims aren't going to bed when they are in the red. It's so annoying. And I would like to hear what new 'pack' may be coming out shortly. And yes, even I would like for them to explain GT and if those cafes will let my Sims go out and eat more than a bowl of chips or something else just as mundane. I need something similar to a real restaurant in this game to continue. Sick of not being able to take my Sims out to eat 'somewhere'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sims3ambitionsSims3ambitions Posts: 181 Member
    I think a patch is pretty much confirmed to be on tuesday, but I also hope that there is a game pack announced and I'd love for it to be restaurant/date themed, something like that would go so well with GT! :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hopefully a patch. The claim bed/loss of autonomy is really grating on me! And I can't stand facepaint and all of my current families' work clothes now include facepaint.

Also hope that it will include the Trick or Treat items. :)

I just noticed facepaint on my painting Sim -- her brother in the Astronaut career doesn't have the face paint, and haven't noticed her parents (Athlete and Detective) either. Still a bit annoying. I haven't dared to use the Claim Bed with any of my Sims because I don't want them to lose autonomy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I think a patch is pretty much confirmed to be on tuesday, but I also hope that there is a game pack announced and I'd love for it to be restaurant/date themed, something like that would go so well with GT! :)

Agreed on patch release Tuesday. They virtually confirmed it when they hinted the handyman was coming out Tuesday.

I too hope the next pack is romantic themed. Maybe it would bring back the slowdance and tons of new kisses.

And on a side note if we don't get shower woohoo in Tuesday s patch I'm going to be disappointed.

Maybe we ll get some Thanksgiving Decor.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Cat, thanks for the update. I need a bug fix patch for the autonomy bug. My Sims aren't going to bed when they are in the red. It's so annoying. And I would like to hear what new 'pack' may be coming out shortly. And yes, even I would like for them to explain GT and if those cafes will let my Sims go out and eat more than a bowl of chips or something else just as mundane. I need something similar to a real restaurant in this game to continue. Sick of not being able to take my Sims out to eat 'somewhere'.

From what I gather, the cafes will be similar to the barista bar in University Life -- Sims will be able to order coffee drinks and small edibles. With the multitasking I gather they can actually order more than one item and eat/drink at the same time. I just hope that the bar will generate an NPC barista without having to be on a "cafe" zoned lot; I've had a bar in my museum but it's never used and I'd like to replace it with the barista bar and a couple of tables. (I do have a small snack station on the 3rd floor, with the vending machine from GTW, a microwave, and a couple of counters; I've been using those machines in other areas as well that I think could use a place to grab a snack.)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

From what I gather, the cafes will be similar to the barista bar in University Life -- Sims will be able to order coffee drinks and small edibles. With the multitasking I gather they can actually order more than one item and eat/drink at the same time. I just hope that the bar will generate an NPC barista without having to be on a "cafe" zoned lot; I've had a bar in my museum but it's never used and I'd like to replace it with the barista bar and a couple of tables. (I do have a small snack station on the 3rd floor, with the vending machine from GTW, a microwave, and a couple of counters; I've been using those machines in other areas as well that I think could use a place to grab a snack.)

I hope that kiosk/barista bar works like the bakery looking thing in TS3's Uni EP I put it everywhere after that EP and my Sims could go there and eat or buy each other something to eat. And it had a NPC to run it and then they sat down in the area and ate whatever they bought and others buy something to eat and sit down, too. But the only confirmed thing I have read is we buy drinks and get moodlets much like we already have in the base game and GTW and in Spa Day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

I hope that kiosk/barista bar works like the bakery looking thing in TS3's Uni EP I put it everywhere after that EP and my Sims could go there and eat or buy each other something to eat. And it had a NPC to run it and then they sat down in the area and ate whatever they bought and others buy something to eat and sit down, too. But the only confirmed thing I have read is we buy drinks and get moodlets much like we already have in the base game and GTW and in Spa Day.

Yeah, the trailer showed the DJ dude with a cup of coffee and a brownie or something, but that could have been staged. We really do need more places where Sims can get something to eat, rather than having to run home to eat in the middle of a group outing. I just built a Group Picnic Spot for Newcrest, with the grill/counter/bar set from Perfect Patio, all the other park items required (why doesn't the bathroom building available in bb.showhiddenobjects mode count as the toilet requirement?) and horseshoes from OR (I figure that might be a good group activity), with room for any other cool outdoor stuff that might be added. So at least my Sims can get together for a meal once in a while.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I thınk a patch and later thıs month a game pack
  • MidnightSea1MidnightSea1 Posts: 154 Member
    Hopefully it will be a patch. It's better to get free stuff. Game packs just mean I waste more money on the sims :p
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    where does it say there will be anything on Tuesday?
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    A patch being Tuesday doesn't mean a pack won't be announced Wednesday. But it would make it likely to be a SP as opposed to a GP.
  • Sims3ambitionsSims3ambitions Posts: 181 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    where does it say there will be anything on Tuesday?

This tweet by TheSims strongly suggests we're going to get something next tuesday.

Oh I thought it was a hint about repairmen! I guess it could be something about swings coming - maybe toddler swings?
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    That tweet about NPC repairman is likely going to be associated with a new patch soon. Be patient.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Toddler swings in a patch? Hmm only if there are toddlers in the patch to go with them!
  • _hanzolo_hanzolo Posts: 74 Member
    I'm hoping for more news on Get Together as there doesn't seem to be much to it at the moment.

And I think it's time for another patch, there's a lot to fix in this game.