Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a recoloring tool for sims 4 is here!!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    JPG619 wrote: »
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I don't use mods...

Same here, I play the game how it was to be played. Since in past game mods break the game and makes patching the game harder too with official patches since the mod has to be patched too

"How it was [meant] to be played" -- do you mean the way Rachel Franklin et al. say? As in, "Our way or the highway?"

I've played TS2 and TS3 extensively with mods and they do NOT break the game; in fact, I would have given up on TS3 years ago if it weren't for all the fantastic mods from Twallan that fix things like routing, memory overload, relationships, the dead, moving, and on and on.
    That's your choice. Some people just prefer to play the game the way it was made. I'm like that with Sims 3. I'm greatful mods enable me to play in Bridgeport, but other than in that borked world I've always been fine without them. Some mods help the game, some break the game or slow down the game, that's a fact. If people like to play Sims 4 Rachel Franklin et al created it, that's their choice.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I don't like to comment on really old threads, normally. But I just want to say...

Just because you never experienced a problem with anything does not mean the problem does not exist. I know for a fact after testing and such that CASt did cause lag in my game. It would freeze when I was trying to change patterns. It would freeze while I tried to load a house that had tons of CASt used in it. It always took me a long time to decorate homes because of this. I had more than enough RAM in my computer. It was worse when I used custom patterns.

Not everyone can afford to buy a super computer to play a game.

It's just rude saying something doesn't happen because you never experienced it.

That is all.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I don't like to comment on really old threads, normally. But I just want to say...

Just because you never experienced a problem with anything does not mean the problem does not exist. I know for a fact after testing and such that CASt did cause lag in my game. It would freeze when I was trying to change patterns. It would freeze while I tried to load a house that had tons of CASt used in it. It always took me a long time to decorate homes because of this. I had more than enough RAM in my computer. It was worse when I used custom patterns.

It's just rude saying something doesn't happen because you never experienced it.

That is all.
    And assuming everyone without a problem has a super computer is also rude!

I don't have a super computer. I never have, and I'm broke more often than not. My first laptop was cheap and it was a birthday gift. It would slow down and sometimes freeze if it got overheated. I still managed to play Sims 3 with few problems and of the issues I did have, CASt was never one of them.

"Super computer", my foot! Where do you get off assuming everyone's financial situation?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I don't have a high end computer, but it's impressive for being eight years old and still running well. Anyway, I didn't run into a lot of problems with CASt but when I did it would only happen if I used a lot of recolored patterns that I saved as favorites. If I only used one or two patterns on clothing, I was fine. To be honest, I don't miss the color wheel. If it's there, that's good. If it isn't, it's not going to make me stop playing the game.

Twallan's mods (mostly) allowed me to play Bridgeport. That and Lucky Palms were my favorite places to play. But even with those mods, the game would still do crazy things. Maybe one day I'll reinstall The Sims 3 on my computer, but I doubt it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I don't have a high end computer, but it's impressive for being eight years old and still running well.

Wow, how on earth did you play the game? :smile: I had a decent gaming PC before which I bought about 2 years after TS3 came out, but I had LOTS and LOTS of lag playing TS3 with CC and mods. I've owned a new high-end PC for a year, upgraded it with the best video card on the market so far some months ago. Haven't had lag ever since.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

That is all.
    And assuming everyone without a problem has a super computer is also rude!

I don't have a super computer. I never have, and I'm broke more often than not. My first laptop was cheap and it was a birthday gift. It would slow down and sometimes freeze if it got overheated. I still managed to play Sims 3 with few problems and of the issues I did have, CASt was never one of them.

"Super computer", my foot! Where do you get off assuming everyone's financial situation?

I wasn't implying that everyone who didn't have CASt problems had a super computer. I just made that statement in reply to those thinking if you have the problem your computer must be a pile of beans. It was an exaggeration I admit, but still.

I am happy you never had the problem. It still does not mean it doesn't exist.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015

That is all.
    Someone in fact explained once why it can't be CASt that causes the lag or freezing. There's absolutely nothing in my houses that's preset, I adjust everything, and this never was a problem, not on three different computers. My daughter played in houses I built on her computer: no lag. Now CAS or building mode is a different matter of course. It takes quite some time for everything to load in there. But not while playing. I'll see if I can find the post where it was explained about CASt in the game, it's a long time ago. Hopefully Google will help.

(I think you're a bit sensitive and overreacting on the me being 'rude' part btw; I never said people didn't experience lag, I'm saying it's not CASt that's causing it)

ETA: here it is
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    The tool the original post was about no longer works. It hasn't been updated for patches, and it will do nothing but give errors. Its creator left the community after saying making tools for the Sims 4 community was a pain in his 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :( If you want to make recolors for Sims 4 you're better off using Sims 4 Studio. Our team loves Sims 4, we enjoy working on Sims 4 Studio, and it's really great seeing all the amazing things our community makes with it. :)
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Old thread noted but since this popped up in my notifications prompting me to read I'll say my little bit.
    Was a little excited until I read through; thought EA had finally done something but :sigh: guess not.