Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 In Winter (MOD)

So, most of you have probably seen a Mod called The Autumn mod that changes the Sims 4's plants and worlds to Autumn. Well SimCookie has been sharing images on his Twitter of The WINTER mod! It looks AMAZING! What do you think? Will you download it?
CSnEB39W4AAfHYP.png:large
CSpQRtDXIAA8chA.png:large

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've been following his progress, but I really don't know if I will. I can see snow in GF, and maybe Newcrest, but not really in WC and OS.

I hope when we get real weather, we can set it to which "world" we want to have it.

ETA: It does look very nice though!
  • Sims3ambitionsSims3ambitions Posts: 181 Member
    I don't do mods so I won't be using this, but I still think it looks incredible! I hope when we do get seasons the snow looks like it does in these pics. :smiley:
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Looks amazing, will definitely download it.
    Now if only someone could mod in some weather effects i would be set(until they manage a proper Seasons EP ofc.)
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Wow, I hadn't seen that yet! 100% I will be using it ♥ beautiful!
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Looks great :) I'm not into many mods either but I can definitely appreciate this. Would be awesome for storytelling.
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    That looks gorgeous :anguished:
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Well, guess who will be having a new mod in their game the moment it comes out haha! It looks absoluty stunning, we really do need Seasons, I miss seeing the snow fall or letting your sims relax when it's pouring outside.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'm using the autumn one now and i'll definitely use this one too.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    He made it look like it's snowing! I love it! :smiley:
    CSps7pYXIAEVmaE.png:large
    It's so christmassy <3
    CSp2IpHXAAADUMP.png:large
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2015
    oh cool, I just installed the Autumn mod, and It looks good.

screen_shot_2015_10_26_at_2_01_48_pm_by_mphattyboi-d9epxpx.png

I was wondering how am I going to pull winter off. so thank you for telling me.

As a New Englander It's not winter without snow.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    It's the best mod in gaming history and I will definitely download it! :)
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Nice work! It looks beautiful. Sadly, the few Mods I've tried either work until the latest patch comes out, or doesn't work at all. :( I've about given up on Mods, for now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Other than a few green trees and rocks it looks amazing!
    CSp3RDXWsAAjJtL.png:large
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    It looks gorgeous! Though.. some of the green trees ... make it look "a little" odd. :/ But I am sure it's still being tweaked, or can't be fixed. However, I will not be downloading the mod because I am unsure if my computer (at this time) can handle it... my computer needs repairs and I think when I tried putting the Autumn mod in... it had some graphical conflicts; though I have an Nvidia GTX 660 2gb card.

Then again.. maybe it was something else conflicting. Because I just realized.. a few weeks ago.. that I had not enabled "script mods", and so tons of my mods weren't working... like Story progression and some other ones... (Doh' moment...)... but I don't know.. afraid to try it again because my Sims starting freaking out... like that deformed infant glitch. :( It was really weird...

So I tried to clean it up with that new program where we can finally see if we put in Sims 2/3 cc.. on accident into our games. :blush: and I did remove a few conflicts.. but just worried it'll do it again.

Mod is gorgeous, though! Can't wait to see real Seasons in Sims 4 when that expansion pack is finally released. *nudges Ea*. (Take your time, we want it to be perfect.).
    It looks gorgeous! Though.. some of the green trees ... make it look "a little" odd. :/ But I am sure it's still being tweaked, or can't be fixed. However, I will not be downloading the mod because I am unsure if my computer (at this time) can handle it... my computer needs repairs and I think when I tried putting the Autumn mod in... it had some graphical conflicts; though I have an Nvidia GTX 660 2gb card.

Then again.. maybe it was something else conflicting. Because I just realized.. a few weeks ago.. that I had not enabled "script mods", and so tons of my mods weren't working... like Story progression and some other ones... (Doh' moment...)... but I don't know.. afraid to try it again because my Sims starting freaking out... like that deformed infant glitch. :( It was really weird...

So I tried to clean it up with that new program where we can finally see if we put in Sims 2/3 cc.. on accident into our games. :blush: and I did remove a few conflicts.. but just worried it'll do it again.

Mod is gorgeous, though! Can't wait to see real Seasons in Sims 4 when that expansion pack is finally released. *nudges Ea*. (Take your time, we want it to be perfect.).

I asked him and the green trees are being worked on, He said he wants to remove the leafs :)
  • S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    It's a WIP, meaning what you're seeing is an incomplete version of the mod. The green trees and rocks will be changed by the time it's released.
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2015
    S1MSKA1 wrote: »
    It's a WIP, meaning what you're seeing is an incomplete version of the mod. The green trees and rocks will be changed by the time it's released.

I understand that. Which is why I said in my post that "I am sure it's still being tweaked, or maybe it can't be fixed." Doesn't mean the mod isn't amazing. But does make them look out of place. I wasn't meaning that in a rude way at all. :/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Wait how does that work The Snowfall effect?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Wait how does that work The Snowfall effect?

I *think* they just stay still but it looks cool none the less :)
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Looks really nice.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Very pretty!
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I have a limit with using mods. I love how they made this and i bet it will be better than ea.
    But for me mods are only objects, big game fixes and maybe a few hairstyles/clothes but i try to avoid it. I like the clothes from ts4, cause finally they have a good team working on them. In previous versions i always found them old fashioned and weird.

I dont want to use mods for these kinds of things, cause the chance it will crash or conflict with the game/other mods is jus too big. I like it a lot though! I hope ea will make it exactly like this and that they will learn from it