Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apple World in CAW

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I can upload it. I haven't yet as I had been working on it. I'll try to do that this evening.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Here's a piccy of my house. No idea why it's a bit retro but there you go! Still got to furnish and decorate it then I'll upload it to the Mediafire folder :)

35b6omh.jpg
    apple-signature.png
    Cute! <3
    @Ashpeef you and your lovely house are in my game but I have the little train sets on the outside wall! What's meant to be there?

111rn08.jpg
    apple-signature.png
  • AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    Definitively not!
    Those are supposed to be one of the ivy creepers. The life guard thingies are wall potted plants from the store, called Plant Pocket. Besides, the windows at the side of the house are smaller than the ones I used: the hanging flowers each should be right at the bottom of their window. I'll post a picture from about the same angle and have a look at the names of all three and find out from what EP, SP, World or store set they come.
    However that may take some time, as RL threw a wrench in all my plans (in the guise of a death and a funeral, I'm afraid). I still hope to upload a final version later this week or maybe next weekend.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I had the same this past weekend. I'll try to upload my houses this week. One of our uncles passed and the memorial service was last Saturday. I'm still trying to wake back up from everything.
    Oh I'm so sorry :(

I have the ivy so it's weird it substituted it. Anyway, you have far more important things to deal with at the moment. Hope everything goes as well as can be expected.
    apple-signature.png
    @Tremayne4260 I've put you in Nook & Cranny Cottage for now. You've already adopted a kitten called Benson.

iztczl.jpg

@caspinwall And you're in my Modern Cube Starter:

122kieq.jpg

@Ashpeef you're always out and about visiting the restaurant and art gallery.

You all seem very happy :)
    apple-signature.png
    Oh I love that house! And I have a kitty! *squee!*
    edited June 2015
    *double post* :p
    Well, after a bit of a rough time for both me and mine, I finally can get down to gaming again. And what better place to start than iWorld?

So here, firstly, as promised to @BluebellFlora: a look at the left side of the front of the house to show what should be there instead of the life savers and the strange little train sets:
    screenshot_original.jpg

It took the Kattecop Family most of a whole year to finish the renovation -- mostly to collect enough money to pay for all they deemed was needed. I already did some stormy fall pictures; now for winter and spring!

Central Park proved to be the place to learn to skate:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    If you look closely you'll be able to see the season lights on our house, way back.

More Winter Fun: Kitty and a friend are building Evil Snowmen at the entrance of the Town Hall. A different kind of Protest Sign?
    screenshot_original.jpg

And never underestimate the weirdness of this game :o This Chinese tourist seems to love the cold. So much so she even contemplates marrying the Snowman…
    screenshot_original.jpg

Now things are thawing and Spring is here:
    Spring Fun: Kitty and Mauw playing Chase at sun up in front of their house:
    screenshot_original.jpg

More Spring Fun: Kitty’s after the butterflies again!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Ashpeef I love it! Your house looks gorgeous and I love the snowy scenes <3

Hope you're ok :)
    apple-signature.png
    Earlier, Kitty took two photos of Mauw and put them on the wall. As these were kept in the DL, I decided to try something similar with painting him. Some turned out decent enough; however, 'custom' paintings do not make it into the DL. That was a bit of a downer, as Kitty spent an unreasonable amount of time making them in the first place. Here's what painting them looked like.

Painting Mauw 1: Kitty thought painting a few portraits of Mauw would do justice to his huge financial contribution in the renovation project. Yeah for Plasma Bugs! :p And it should make for some nice decorations as well. Here, she’s just started:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Painting Mauw 2: Kitty’s almost finished the first one. Her subject is taking a well deserved nap:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Painting Mauw 3: And here, she’s almost done another:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Later on, I will post some pictures of the finished products on the walls. ;)
    Apart from painting, Kitty trained as a martial artist in the local gym. Some previous pictures showed her meditating:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    and even levitating just outside Boot Camp Gym and the Library:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here she's trying to kill some wood; the building makes for some very photogenic perspectives:

iWorld - Boot Camp Gym, Kitty goes for Timber Terminator. The building being partially open to the outside world makes for some cool colour effects on the indoor fountains:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    iWorld - Boot Camp Gym, Peek-a-Boo. Being partially open makes for some nice graphical effects as well. Looking from outside, through the building’s main entrance and along the same one of the indoor fountains, out to the world again:
    screenshot_original.jpg

====

Oh, and as an extra to the Winter Pics above, one that shows off the seasonal lights a lot easier than the skating picture did (though nowhere near as good as in the original, much bigger, shot).
    First Snow and Seasonal Lights:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I promised some pictures of the paintings of Mauw Kitty did to decorate the house. I've got three for your appreciation. ;)

Two Custom Paintings, Portraits of Mauw, made by Kitty, displayed here in the kitchen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

A small Custom Painting of Mauw scratching the Cat Condo made by Kitty, done by the 'Remember this scene' interaction, displayed in the Creative Corner of the living room:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Four more Portraits of Mauw painted by Kitty, displayed in the Cat Corner of the living room:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Now please remember, these will not be in the Upload after all, as custom paintings are not preserved. Besides, I discovered the photos don't transfer either. I thought they did but that was because I foolishly loaded the house from my own Library instead of from the one I fetched from my Upload to the Exchange. :s

I planned on making quite a lot of paintings and photographs, then picking the best(ish) few for the final Upload. :'(
    Ashpeef wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg

Love this, so wintry :)

apple-signature.png
    Oooo! I love it! I need to get back to iWorld as well. Been trying to play a Legacy in Aurora Springs.
    Just uploaded the (hopefully) final, fully renovated, version of the house.

I pulled yesterday's upload, because it proved that just as the custom paintings the in-game-photo's didn't come through either. So this time I removed both and thus got a smaller DL to boot: 3.4Mb versus the earlier 4Mb. However, 28 people already DL'ed it; if you're one of them, please accept my apologies, delete the old one and load the new version.
    Apart from the framed paintings and photos, and as in all previous uploads, the Time Portal and the three Life Time Rewards for Pets are gone (Super Swank Pet Bed, Pet Hygienator and Bottomless Pet Bowl). The same is true for the one piece of CC I end up placing in every home: a simple box I coloured metallic that is to contain all and everyones skill certificates, as I tend to let my sims max out more skills than their walls care for... :) This container was visible on the cupboard next to the desk at the street side in the bedroom.

Kitty upgraded all appliances in the house and bought a lot of useful (adult and child) skill and music books that can be found in the three bookcases downstairs. There are also some general, though no recipe books. All main rooms will give a very good moodlet for beautiful decoration and even the two bathrooms do quite well.
    As this house is intended for use on iWorld, Kitty simply had to grow a Perfect Apple Tree, found at the right corner of the small front yard. The other side is reserved for my Ash Tree. ;)

Been playing other saves, but really need to get back to iWorld. :)

@Tremayne4260
    If you want to DL Kitty's house, make sure to pick the latest one (october '15, just over 100 DL's). That's the one she completely renovated, is shown above and that had the non-working/showing photographs and paintings removed -- thus being slightly smaller then the previous one.

I'm afraid a lot of people DL the intermediate one (Phase 2) because that both got more DL's to start with (now well over 200) and is 'bigger' (in Mb). True, most projects tend to grow in size as well as maturity, but this one actually slimmed down a bit. ;)
    It's a pity I somehow was unable to get the name changed from the original "Ashpeef's Beach House" to something like "Ashpeef's Beach House, Final" (like I did manage with the "Phase 2" one). :s
    Also @Tremayne4260 : I'm still interested in the house you build for your selfSim!
    I'll have to upload it when I get a chance. :) Haven't been able to install anything new recently in my Sims 3 as it's kind of messed up from when I had replace the Hard Drive (recall from Apple so it was free).
    Well, I finally got everything back in order again over the past weekend. I ended up moving the Sims 3 folder and letting the game generate a new one and added all my Store content back. Took a while, but it was ok and I discovered how to add things back again. :) I need to save the house as a file.
    I finally uploaded my house. Unfortunately, it has my current save with both myself and "Greg" and "Mouze". You can always move us out. :) I do have more pictures which I will post soon.
    I started playing it again the other day too :)
    apple-signature.png