Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost and Found

willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
I didn't know who else to tell this to. No one I know would empathize at all. Until I thought about you guys, my fellow Simmers.

I have been an avid Simmer since Sims 1. Sims 2 is still my favorite iteration, thus far. And even with all the other games install on my computer, 2 has always been there.

Until recently. March I was switching over to my new computer and I did a sloppy copy/install and missed all my downloaded content and an entire neighborhood. My second most played one, at that! I was so distraught I couldn't even play Sims 2 afterwards.

While bored, I went digging around on an old external hard-drive, and what did I find? A copy of all my Sims 2 files! I just copied the missing files back into my game, and everything is back!

I caught a bad bug going around and missed three weeks of classes. I was sort of depressed because I had to drop out this semester - having Sims 2 back was just the mood boost I needed. I'm feeling much better now, and at least have the Sims to occupy my suddenly gained free time.

Let me serve as a warning to you, though: Save often! And copy your files into an external hard-drive if you have the means.

But most of all, Happy Simming!

Comments

• Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Congrats on getting your old Sims files back. I know first hand your situation as I experienced the same thing. lol
    angrycat.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've done that a Lot. Mostly moving to newer computers...

I just lost my BACC which was doing so well. I was tired of all my CC being spread out (Apocalypse/Medieval/Regular) but not organized at all.

So, I did some clean up and organizing but ended up with deleting my BACC thinking I had saved the most recent when I didn't. I had it at the start. It did have the "1st Year" folder for the pictures, if only I had looked in that folder to see it only had "Fall" then I would have known.

Check folders and Zips for content! :lol:

Now I get to start over but that neighborhood had such fun drama in it...
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Isn't it a wonderful feeling to just accidentally happen across old beloved files you'd forgotten you saved? My 13 generation legacy family from...gosh.. 8 years ago popped up like that for me one rainy day while I was sifting through all my old cd rom discs. I was 'downsizing' and getting rid of all that old plastic I didn't need but sentimentality had me popping all the discs in one by one to see what was on them and there it was! :D Its now protected on an external drive and the discs (that I thought useless and time to rid myself of) are safely tucked away in my desk cabinet. I think I can hang on to them for a little while longer :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.