Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'New content every month' Lasted long :/

Comments

• Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Woah. October only goes until the 29th this year??? Crazy!

I get that there's a usual schedule for these things, but the month isn't over yet.

At the end of the day, who knows what the delay of Get Together did to the “content every month" thing. Everyone praised the Sims team for that move when it was announced, but the fact that it might influence other content releases never crossed anyone's mind? Now everyone's screaming “liars" when...life happens? Things have repercussions? Missing one month does not a pattern make and is totally understandable?

And so what if a patch dropped tomorrow and only had the three items and some bug fixes? There's three free items for you! They pledged themselves to new content every month. No promises on how much content or what it might be. I saw someone say we “deserve" all six trick or treat items. How do we deserve free content? When you see a plate of free samples do you take the entire plate because you “deserve" it all for being such a loyal customer of that grocery store? I'd LIKE all six items, but I know I'm not entitled to them.

Sorry if I came across as ranty. This forum just gets right under my skin sometimes. I think it might be time for another break.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    How picky can everyone be?? We are getting a door, a fish bowl and an interactive chest... So it might be a few days late.... But it is free, and I have been wanting a chest for awhile to clear my inventory. If we are lucky we might get all 6 items.... So they are getting slightly behind In the content.... They didn't intentionally lie. I believe they are working on making better packs for us.

do we know yet if the chest can be used for storage or is it decorative? or a toy box?

I believe one of them says storage chest and the other one says interactive, if I remember correctly. And the consensus is that it will be a chest to put our inventory in.

thanks and that would be new game coding!!! i sooooo neeed more storage i hope it does allow our sims to keep all types of stuff in it. i hate bloated inventories
    I need more storage too. My main person in my main save currently uses her basement for storage!!

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    How picky can everyone be?? We are getting a door, a fish bowl and an interactive chest... So it might be a few days late.... But it is free, and I have been wanting a chest for awhile to clear my inventory. If we are lucky we might get all 6 items.... So they are getting slightly behind In the content.... They didn't intentionally lie. I believe they are working on making better packs for us.

do we know yet if the chest can be used for storage or is it decorative? or a toy box?

Don't have the Tweet at hand, but it's an interactive chest that can be used for storage -- exactly what's been needed for all those cluttered inventories. I'll probably add one to the science lab next time I have a Scientist Sim so there'll always be serum ingredients on hand.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Woah. October only goes until the 29th this year??? Crazy!

I get that there's a usual schedule for these things, but the month isn't over yet.

At the end of the day, who knows what the delay of Get Together did to the “content every month" thing. Everyone praised the Sims team for that move when it was announced, but the fact that it might influence other content releases never crossed anyone's mind? Now everyone's screaming “liars" when...life happens? Things have repercussions? Missing one month does not a pattern make and is totally understandable?

And so what if a patch dropped tomorrow and only had the three items and some bug fixes? There's three free items for you! They pledged themselves to new content every month. No promises on how much content or what it might be. I saw someone say we “deserve" all six trick or treat items. How do we deserve free content? When you see a plate of free samples do you take the entire plate because you “deserve" it all for being such a loyal customer of that grocery store? I'd LIKE all six items, but I know I'm not entitled to them.

Sorry if I came across as ranty. This forum just gets right under my skin sometimes. I think it might be time for another break.

We won't be getting the items till the challenge is over -- last day is Saturday the 31st. But you might be right about the delay in GT delaying whatever the planned content for the month was, especially if it was something that would tie in with GT (an object that can be used on its own but that would have additional functionality/interactions if GT is installed). So it could be that we'll get double content in November; the prizes from this week's challenge, then later in the month something else.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Updates don't come on Friday s or the weekend so nothing for October.
  • Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    We are getting this trick or treat content in November. And probably there wont be either a stuffpack nor a Game pack. Remember Ea wants all the attention focus on the upcoming EP. :S
  • Options
    MilenyNoda wrote: »
    We are getting this trick or treat content in November. And probably there wont be either a stuffpack nor a Game pack. Remember Ea wants all the attention focus on the upcoming EP. :S

No I think there will be a stuff pack. I can't see a stuff pack not releasing till Jan.
  • Options
    MilenyNoda wrote: »

No I think there will be a stuff pack. I can't see a stuff pack not releasing till Jan.

If there was an SP planned for December it's possible they could move it up to November depending how far along it is in development, since SPs are a little less complicated to develop than GPs or EPs (mostly, well, stuff, plus one premium object with new game play). Basically just flip the SP and EP in the schedule, then January could bring the hinted at Game Pack 3.

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

Don't have the Tweet at hand, but it's an interactive chest that can be used for storage -- exactly what's been needed for all those cluttered inventories. I'll probably add one to the science lab next time I have a Scientist Sim so there'll always be serum ingredients on hand.

Awesome! And thanks
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Given the management practices of The Sims 4 this far, I'm not surprised they already fell through on their own words.

You would think when they made that statement not even 3 months ago, they would have already had a plan in place for how they were going to do that. This is just another false statement made by the team, probably not the last either.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    CSgJ3elWsAEuVy0.jpg

Looks like digital upgrade is free this month.

Nice I got it free thanks for letting me know it was available.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Well the third GP is in production so who knows how long that was being worked on. That could be released next month. SimGuruSarah said there was a lot of "stuff" that sims can do.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Well the third GP is in production so who knows how long that was being worked on. That could be released next month. SimGuruSarah said there was a lot of "stuff" that sims can do.

Hopefully there is a movie theater they can go to.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Keep in mind that was said before Get Together was delayed and made their schedule change around.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Given the management practices of The Sims 4 this far, I'm not surprised they already fell through on their own words.

You would think when they made that statement not even 3 months ago, they would have already had a plan in place for how they were going to do that. This is just another false statement made by the team, probably not the last either.

Haven't you read any of the previous posts. Several have confirmed that what was said was 'new ways' to play with life every month. Not new content. There were no false statements. And now the upgrade is being released for free so that probably counts as a new way to play in October.

I already had it but I'm glad it is now available for all who want it.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    You're talking about a game whose developers won't even listen to the fans and refuse to give us what we really want. Is this really surprising?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    Thanks for posting this..I got the Digital Upgrade for free with the promo code! :D
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't see how the move of Get Together would change their schedule of October small updates/releases since GT was to be released in November... and is now December, or do I remember it wrong? That's happened before.

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »

Haven't you read any of the previous posts. Several have confirmed that what was said was 'new ways' to play with life every month. Not new content. There were no false statements. And now the upgrade is being released for free so that probably counts as a new way to play in October.

Temporary interactions (that came in September) and a contest does not make new ways to play. It has to be permanent for it to be legit. Sorry.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, I'm going to count the giveaway today as the only content given this month, but I hope it means at least two patch fixes for next month.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm going to count the giveaway today as the only content given this month, but I hope it means at least two patch fixes for next month.
    me too im hoping after the trick/treat thing is over we get more info for up and coming stuffs and fingers crossed more details about the get to together. need more news!!! :D
  • Options

Temporary interactions (that came in September) and a contest does not make new ways to play. It has to be permanent for it to be legit. Sorry.

Whatever you say.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

They haven't provided new ways to play, which I imagine is entirely meant as content seeing as this is a video game and content is the only thing you can add. Trick and Treat interactions were added in September to coincide with the release of Spooky Stuff, and they are also temporary. There literally is no "new" content, or ways to play, or anything "new" being added to the game during the month of October. So yes, they did not deliver what they announced they would. They made a false statement.

A digital deluxe upgrade is not adding anything new to the game in general, it's a discount on content that has been readily available. It means nothing to me, and many other players, because it came with the version of the game we bought. Looking on Origin, many of The Sims titles are on sale right now, it has absolutely nothing to do with their new content every month announcement.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    October isn't done yet, there's still hope for tomorrow, besides, I'm guessing they were going to release a Content Patch for Get Together this month but because it was delayed, so was the Patch. Plus we technically do have new ways to play, the Trick VS Treat Challenge and the Digital Deluxe Upgrade that's free if you use the code SIMSUPGRADE for today only.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options

They haven't provided new ways to play, which I imagine is entirely meant as content seeing as this is a video game and content is the only thing you can add. Trick and Treat interactions were added in September to coincide with the release of Spooky Stuff, and they are also temporary. There literally is no "new" content, or ways to play, or anything "new" being added to the game during the month of October. So yes, they did not deliver what they announced they would. They made a false statement.

A digital deluxe upgrade is not adding anything new to the game in general, it's a discount on content that has been readily available. It means nothing to me, and many other players, because it came with the version of the game we bought. Looking on Origin, many of The Sims titles are on sale right now, it has absolutely nothing to do with their new content every month announcement.

Duly noted.