Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble with Origin

Is anyone else having trouble with Origin? When I try to log in it gives me this message: Could not connect to a server please try again later. I wait then I try, still nothing. I really do not recall ever having this problem with Origin. I did go to check troubleshooting but all they had was:

How do I fix Connection issues with Origin?
If you can’t connect to Origin, it’s usually due to a blockage of data somewhere along the route of your Internet connection.

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the internet can be:

Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
Your software may even have some internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900
Server outages: Servers will sometimes just go down, whether due to maintenance or an issue. Typically an outage can last anywhere from a few minutes to days. Check the official website for the game you are trying to access, or the official game forums, and right here at help.ea.com for any information on server outages and maintenances.

And

Why do I receive an Origin error about updating Windows?
If you receive the error message, “This game requires an updated verison of Windows to install. Please refer to the minimum system requirements, and update your OS before installing this game,”

This error message is caused by origin.exe being run in Windows XP compatibility mode. Disabling the compatibility mode and restarting Origin will solve the problem.

If you absolutely must run in compatibility mode, please choose Windows Vista instead of XP. Our apologies for the confusion around the error.

I don't believe I have any of these issues.

Just curious.

Thanks.
b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg

Comments