Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I keep hearing about Doctor Who and for some reason it doesn't really interest me.......maybe I don't know much about it to be interested......

Funny, I feel that way about Supernatural(!) but I've heard so much from tumblr when it was super big and I just don't have an interest in watching. (Don't even try - I have friends that have tried, lol!)

And that's ok! We all have our likes and dislikes......but if you ever want to try, let me know. I am sure that some enthusiasts here can get you interested in it. I have often thought I would try an ep or two of Doctor Who just to see cause you never know until you try, right?

I want to eventually get caught up on Daredevil on Netflix. It had a good start with a good premise......I just didn't watch cause of supernatural among other things. I still need to bring my computer up with me to watch the 4th season of Grimm. I'm sad that it's not on netflix.
    OJenn wrote: »
    Well another reason I haven't gone back to watch anything is because I replaced my old fandoms with new ones.

When I did have a TV I was all over Grey's Anatomy, Game Of Thrones and Vampire Diaries. *senses the judgement*

No judgement here......Grey's Anatomy *melts at mention of Dr.McDreamy*. Again with Game of Thrones, I don't get it and not interested really. As far as the Vamp Diaries? I don't have a clue, but if it's nothing like Twilight, it might be something to check out trailer wise. Although with all the stuff out with vamps in them, it's hard to do a good show/movie
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    @ThePlumbob @OJenn @Bear31 Thanks for the advice, I'm hoping that the reconnecting is on a "just friends" level but I don't think it is. We were completely wrong for each other and I don't particularly want to contact him but I feel I have to thank him for the card or I'll look like a plum.
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    @Meggles ugh, not that gif :persevere:
    I loved the 9th doctor the most. Then came 10 and it was still ok because the actor was part of Harry Potter :lol: but I just couldn't get along with 11... but I really like 12 again :D
    vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
    Oh and for the people talking about weeping angels from Doctor Who, those things are terrifying! If you blink they move closer to you... then closer... then ARGGGHHHH!
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I keep hearing about Doctor Who and for some reason it doesn't really interest me.......maybe I don't know much about it to be interested......

Funny, I feel that way about Supernatural(!) but I've heard so much from tumblr when it was super big and I just don't have an interest in watching. (Don't even try - I have friends that have tried, lol!)

And that's ok! We all have our likes and dislikes......but if you ever want to try, let me know. I am sure that some enthusiasts here can get you interested in it. I have often thought I would try an ep or two of Doctor Who just to see cause you never know until you try, right?

I want to eventually get caught up on Daredevil on Netflix. It had a good start with a good premise......I just didn't watch cause of supernatural among other things. I still need to bring my computer up with me to watch the 4th season of Grimm. I'm sad that it's not on netflix.

*nods* Yes, yes, I've made a deal to watch Supernatural when the same friends watch Doctor Who. :lol: It'll happen some day but I can't keep up with my regular shows! :dizzy:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm at my day-program in costume (Romani ie a gyspy )

That sounds so fun! :)
    edited October 2015
    Also hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been talking much, I was busy researching firms to apply to. Too. Many. I'm giving it a break for now. D:

*rolls on the floor with ninjapig*

Edit to show the rolling:

rolling-pig-noucome-320x240.gif~c200
    @Julyvee94 sorry missed you out! Thanks for the advice =)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
    haylz18 wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob @OJenn @Bear31 Thanks for the advice, I'm hoping that the reconnecting is on a "just friends" level but I don't think it is. We were completely wrong for each other and I don't particularly want to contact him but I feel I have to thank him for the card or I'll look like a plum.

Just send a Thankyou note. If he responds and Pursues further, just be honest with him if he starts any relationship talk. Honesty at the front of things will make it so much easier.

*nods* Yes, yes, I've made a deal to watch Supernatural when the same friends watch Doctor Who. :lol: It'll happen some day but I can't keep up with my regular shows! :dizzy:

Speaking of Grimm......are you a fan?

Just send a Thankyou note. If he responds and Pursues further, just be honest with him if he starts any relationship talk. Honesty at the front of things will make it so much easier.

True, I'll do that. Thanks =)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

Haha well I tried ^^ good luck! :) I wish I had a chance to see my ex again. He cheated on me and I found out on facebook and never saw him again. I kinda still want to punch him in the face, lol xD I really missed out on all those great revenge opportunities.

@eXokamikaze Good luck with your applications! :) *does the ninjapig is awesome dance*
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @eXokamikaze Good luck with your applications! :) *does the ninjapig is awesome dance*

Aw thank you July! <3 *snout kisses* ( . . )
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    A quick post 4 from Alex is now up as she gets ready to head to her first day of work :)

Post 4- Dream Come True

first-day-of-work.png

Haha well I tried ^^ good luck! :) I wish I had a chance to see my ex again. He cheated on me and I found out on facebook and never saw him again. I kinda still want to punch him in the face, lol xD I really missed out on all those great revenge opportunities.

Aww thats plum. You could create his simself and feed him to a cow plant?!
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • pixalqueenpixalqueen Posts: 230 Member
    Just poking in for a second to let you all know that the second chapter is up, finally getting somewhere with the story. It's a tad long but overall I'm happy with it, not all chapters will be that long. This is the beginning of her story so I thought I'd cover quite a bit of ground, hope you all enjoy!

CLICK HERE

I see posts about Doctor Who, not much a fan but I've never been able to get into it, more a hardcore fan of Game of Thrones!!

Aw thank you July! <3 *snout kisses* ( . . )

*joins in the ninjapig is awesome dance* we all know I can't resist a good dance party :p (though don't invite Alex or she'll try to turn it into an Alex is awesome dance XD )

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    Well another reason I haven't gone back to watch anything is because I replaced my old fandoms with new ones.

When I did have a TV I was all over Grey's Anatomy, Game Of Thrones and Vampire Diaries. *senses the judgement*

not judging.
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

that's a great idea xD I do still have pictures somewhere... hehehe. But still I'm kinda mad at myself that I confronted him on his cheating via text instead of waiting for him to come to my house (it was a two hour drive from where he lived) and then slam the door in his face xD GAH, that would have been fun. But 16-year-old me was all whiny and didn't think about it :P
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    pixalqueen wrote: »
    Just poking in for a second to let you all know that the second chapter is up, finally getting somewhere with the story. It's a tad long but overall I'm happy with it, not all chapters will be that long. This is the beginning of her story so I thought I'd cover quite a bit of ground, hope you all enjoy!

CLICK HERE

I see posts about Doctor Who, not much a fan but I've never been able to get into it, more a hardcore fan of Game of Thrones!!

It looks awesome!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @eXokamikaze @BBQPenguinWings Thank you for your responses eariler (sorry I fell asleep before seeing them :disappointed: )

Just to be clear I'm not to worried about the case details with the case related stuff is the minor part of my worry. I'm more trying to figure out how to handle just her everyday work.

Just as an example say that Alex started working a case with some officer who really annoyed her. That would be a big aspect of her day that she might want to comment on or blog about but that officer might read her blog so she can't really just be like "I had to work with this other officer today and he was so annoying" well I guess she could but if I handle the whole idea realistically that could backfire on her when if it gets brought up to the police chief that she's made disparaging remarks about a coworker on her blog.

So I'm just trying to think of how to balance between keeping with the blog styled theme while still being able to portray her thoughts and attitudes regarding whats going on in her life in a way that will be interesting for readers.

I had actually thought about having her keep kind of an electronic diary of sorts which would be like posts but she's made them private, do you think that would come off a bit forced or could it be considered a fair balance to allow me some leeway. I'm basically just really worried that if I'm constantly having to dodge around certain things it could get boring for people following the blog.

that's a great idea xD I do still have pictures somewhere... hehehe. But still I'm kinda mad at myself that I confronted him on his cheating via text instead of waiting for him to come to my house (it was a two hour drive from where he lived) and then slam the door in his face xD GAH, that would have been fun. But 16-year-old me was all whiny and didn't think about it :P

You were upset and acting on impulse, you know if anything like that should happen again that revenge is best planned carefully... *evil laugh*
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited October 2015
    Speaking of Grimm......are you a fan?
    @Bear31
    No, sorry! For some odd reason I'm more into cop, forensic, and lawyery shows (Doctor Who is an exception... and Bob's Burgers, haha!) Oh, and Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife. Period dramasssss :love:

@pixalqueen I want to watch GOT for the fantasy look/feel but I don't like the gory-slicy-stabby bits, lol!

ETA: OHH and I loved Parks & Rec!!!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Latest update is out for Memoirs, Krysti finally gives birth!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top