Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Joined for Nothing

Comments

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    To those who say go to tumblr, I find that site very weird and creepy. People posting themselves nude, very weird fetish stuff, etc.

There's a whole simming community where nobody posts themselves naked or anything like that. It's interior design screens, gameplay screens, cc. But it's up to you.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Floofje wrote: »

Ofcourse not everyone is supposed to be all 'happy-happy'. Everyone is allowed to their own opinion, and to share their opinion, that's what forums are for! But what I do notice is that when someone posts something that they like about the game, there will immediately be reactions about toddlers, what the games lacks, etc. And ofcourse people are allowed to complain and share their dislikes, but there are already A LOT of topics on that, so it can be really disheartening when you try to make a positive thread for people who are excited about the game.

Quick offtopic question: I REALLY like the dog in your pic (dogperson), is it yours?

The dog is not my dog. I got the gif from ColtonWhat's-his-number.

I was responding to the OP's effort to guilt everyone because he is unhappy with the so-called "divided community". This is the same person that's just posted a thread in the Forum feedback section wanting a dislike button. I suspect that's because he want's to dislike any post that is unfavorable to The Sims 4.

The point I'm trying to make (and others are too) is that if a player is unhappy with all the negative opinions about this game, he/she needs to find an area on the forums where he/she can join with others who like the game. Those sections are thee if you want to find them.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    You joined to love the game and get dragged for it. I know because it happened to me too! *hugs*

But it's also they're fault they are short on money to keep active different Sims forums separately. Thankfully, Sims 3 still has its own website where simmers actively post stuff about their game.

No, it doesn't. It has a forum on *this* website. The Sims 3 website is read only. Nobody can post there. Get your facts straight. The only thing to do on the Sims 3 website is to buy things from the Sim Store.

I'm almost certain that's what she meant. :)

Then she needs to learn the difference between a website, a Forum, and a thread/post.

The Sims 3 website: http://www.thesims3.com/

The Community part of that website is Read Only.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member

Ofcourse not everyone is supposed to be all 'happy-happy'. Everyone is allowed to their own opinion, and to share their opinion, that's what forums are for! But what I do notice is that when someone posts something that they like about the game, there will immediately be reactions about toddlers, what the games lacks, etc. And ofcourse people are allowed to complain and share their dislikes, but there are already A LOT of topics on that, so it can be really disheartening when you try to make a positive thread for people who are excited about the game.

Quick offtopic question: I REALLY like the dog in your pic (dogperson), is it yours?

I was responding to the OP's effort to guilt everyone because he is unhappy with the so-called "divided community". This is the same person that's just posted a thread in the Forum feedback section wanting a dislike button. I suspect that's because he want's to dislike any post that is unfavorable to The Sims 4.

The point I'm trying to make (and others are too) is that if a player is unhappy with all the negative opinions about this game, he/she needs to find an area on the forums where he/she can join with others who like the game. Those sections are thee if you want to find them.

The point is I cannot FIND any other forums with people who like THe Sims 4. There is always a group of people complaining about toddlers, etc. In every post I find. I'm getting sick of the complaining of lack of stuff.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You joined to love the game and get dragged for it. I know because it happened to me too! *hugs*

But it's also they're fault they are short on money to keep active different Sims forums separately. Thankfully, Sims 3 still has its own website where simmers actively post stuff about their game.

No, it doesn't. It has a forum on *this* website. The Sims 3 website is read only. Nobody can post there. Get your facts straight. The only thing to do on the Sims 3 website is to buy things from the Sim Store.

Then she needs to learn the difference between a website, a Forum, and a thread/post.

Ahh good times. That forum was great when needing to find solutions to s3 issues. I only actually started commenting there once the grand news of S4 came out. ;)
  • Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    If you want to talk about TS4 with other people who love it, I'd recommend joining the tumblr community :)

and follow pixel-crushe, her blog is awesome :)
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

The point is I cannot FIND any other forums with people who like THe Sims 4. There is always a group of people complaining about toddlers, etc. In every post I find. I'm getting sick of the complaining of lack of stuff.

Oh please stop. In this thread alone, not to mention the numerous others you've made along these lines, several people have reached out and tried to include you in welcoming, happy threads on this forum. They DO exist and people who enjoy and play this game actively DO exist. And no, not all of them are overrun with people "complaining about toddlers, etc." I think that most people who are unhappy with the game, save a few troublemakers, will stay out of those kinds of threads out of respect for the fact that those participants are happily enjoying themselves. I stay out of them for that reason. If you don't want to see unhappiness, I'd suggest doing that same thing and staying out of the threads that are clearly unfavorable to the game. Go visit the many, many places you've been shown and enjoy your game and stop worrying so much about what other people think.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015

They are out there you just have to look for them. The biased like only that will ban anyone who differs from their opinions forums are the SimsVIP, Carl Sims 4, TSR, MTS, and quite a few others. So there are plenty of happy only forums out there. There are actually a lot more forum options for people that like the game than for people who don't. Reddit is a popular place too. I'm stuck in the middle, so honestly I don't mind visiting both positive and negative threads just as long as there are no personal attacks in them.

Those who seek positivity or negativity will often find it. It just takes a bit of effort to find it sometimes. The Sims forums are actually one of the tamest gaming forums out there especially compared to some of the big title ones like WOW and LOL.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I don't understand these types of threads. Everyone isn't going to be all sunshine and butterflies, it's just not going to happen. Because of what Maxis has done with this game there are going to be a lot of upset people. That being said there ARE threads where people are talking about their enjoyment of the game and if you'd like to start your own discussion then go for it. If you make it about the game then I'm sure it'll stay positive and people who want to share about the topic will come in and post too. If you make it about complaining about how other people are too negative about the game then OBVIOUSLY you are just going to create more of the negativity you don't want. There are people who are enjoying this game and there are definitely places here to talk about it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

Maybe she'll pop back in and take note of the difference. :)
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I enjoy Sims 4! You just have to deal with and tolerate some of the people on these forums!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2015
    I know what you mean and it can be hard at times. I've tried with tolerance, but I found out there were some people whose posts generally got me upset, specially if I was already feeling down. I think it's not worth it being upset on a game forum. I also don't think it should be a requirement to stalk thread titles and wonder which ones you can safely enter. If there's someone causing you repreatedly bad mood then my advise is to put them on ignore for your own peace of mind. You can still read their posts by clicking on them if you're feeling confident that day.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    There are topics to Discuss people's Opinions on the game.

There are also Topics where people want to Share Pictures of their game.

There are topics people make to share what they're doing in the game.

Not many people go running into topics about sharing to say how terrible everything TS4 related is to them unless opinions are asked for- see that? Opinions are asked. If at anytime you don't want to see anyone's opinion on the game, it's probably best not to go into Any of those.

There will be people who love the game and are giving their opinions on it. I can read that without slamming TS4- might correct some TS2/TS3 misconceptions/information.

If it really bothers you so much I hear there is one site that doesn't allow anything bad to be said about TS4... what was that fan site? Hmm.

It bothers me that a discussion is started and then some come in saying how we have to Wait, and be Patient- as if I'm pacing and shaking my fist at Maxis to hurry up. :lol: Or I'm being told to go play another game or get over my special snowflake self- which won't happen. :cookie:

Share, be positive but don't expect Everyone to share your view.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member

You get your facts straight. Have you ever heard of the MyPage? I don't think so.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Tell you what OP, if the Sims team actually gives me a 'Real' sims game, instead of an overpriced mobile app. I will spread the love..And for me it isn't just about toddlers.. it is about gameplay lacking and what game play there is ..is 2nd grader linear..

I have never been nor ever will be in the Happy thread..But there seems a spot for you. Also as others suggested make your own happy thread..

The sims team split the community and no one is to blame but them. But there are people that do like the game. If you don't want to see negative threads like Is Sims a Failure, Toddlers, Is Sims a Flop..Like or dislike.. Because both sides of like and dislike will be there..Usually the title will give a clue..

Have a good day!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    mortia wrote: »

Oh please stop. In this thread alone, not to mention the numerous others you've made along these lines, several people have reached out and tried to include you in welcoming, happy threads on this forum. They DO exist and people who enjoy and play this game actively DO exist. And no, not all of them are overrun with people "complaining about toddlers, etc." I think that most people who are unhappy with the game, save a few troublemakers, will stay out of those kinds of threads out of respect for the fact that those participants are happily enjoying themselves. I stay out of them for that reason. If you don't want to see unhappiness, I'd suggest doing that same thing and staying out of the threads that are clearly unfavorable to the game. Go visit the many, many places you've been shown and enjoy your game and stop worrying so much about what other people think.

Like you said, there are happy threads around. And I do the same thing as you do, well in the opposite direction. I stay away from the threads that clearly are for speaking about how you are unhappy with the game. You guys have to be able to speak with eachother as well. Hmm, except for a few choice one, can we please get group-pictures with the entire family. Thank you, I do appriciate the fact that we get to be happy in peace.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member

There is no difference. The Sims 3 website has them all. A forum and a MyPage all in one. They shut down the forum and merged it with this instead so it has never gone away.

But that is okay since I'm assuming that you have never played Sims 3 once in your life so you can just keep playing your beloved Sims 4.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

There is no difference. The Sims 3 website has them all. A forum and a MyPage all in one. They shut down the forum and merged it with this instead so it has never gone away.

But that is okay since I'm assuming that you have never played Sims 3 once in your life so you can just keep playing your beloved Sims 4.

Welcome back Jimil

• Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    edited October 2015
    Why don't you share with us what you love about game instead of this? I always think it's more interesting to read about other people's gameplay even though I don't love the game. If I were you I would go into the threads where they discuss the game and share screenshots. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Hi :)

Welcome to The Sims site. Where all are welcome to participate... no one has to register a game to post or reply here, just sign up.

Happy Simming. Spread the lols. :cookie:
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Welcome to The Sims site. Where all are welcome to participate... no one has to register a game to post or reply here, just sign up.

Happy Simming. Spread the lols. :cookie:

mmmm... no sign of OP in that happy thread yet.. very strange... surely he can't have got lost...
    But that happy place with wonderful pictures is sure a nice place to see... Sim On Everyone.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Idk, I like that not everyone here is not happy go lucky about the game because it has obvious issues and is missing content fans have come to expect. No reason that they shouldn't voice their opinions, I share some of them. However, I'm pretty optimistic and I know that we've only had a base game and one EP so I'm not giving up on the game yet. I think the foundation is great, just ready for them to really get building on it!
  • Options
    RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    Personally, I like the game a lot. I get bored of it a lot though and end up not playing for long stretches of time but I certainly don't hate it.
    Building is so convinient now and I'm actually kind of grateful for the lack of customizing because it used to take me hours to get one room done with all those options...
    But now things kind of go together easily and if I want a certain wall I'll either make one or download one.
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    I enjoy Sims 4! You just have to deal with and tolerate some of the people on these forums!

Or learn to use the Ignore button. It works wonders here on the forums. ;)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee