Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny names for sims.

GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
Hi!

Do you ever give your sims some funny nicknames, abbreviations, shipnames etc.?

I call my triplets in game, Briseis, Aodh and Daray, 'B.A.D.' for example xD And their parents name is 'Ashice' (Ash and Alice)

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I started a 100 baby challenge many months ago. For my founder's last name I used "Babycrazy." I set up NRaas StoryProgression so all the kids took their father's last name. So, there was only one Babycrazy sim in the family.
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Oh that's my specialty. I've had sims with names from Mumushka and Benerby to Epic Nerd Farts. Do not ask me about the last one... it's so immature but as soon as it popped into my head I went, "Okay. I've got to write that."

However, nickname wise, I call the Grim Reaper 'Grimmy' for short. And I call Iqbal Alvi the 'The Guy With The Unibrow' or sometimes 'Unibrow Man'.
    dlbgxkgd_zps3cuslfqg.png
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I always thought that sim from Sunset Valley, 'Cycl0n3 Sw0rd' from the household 'Roomies' took the cake for weirdest possible name that any sim would/ could be given. In fact whenever I start a new game there I ALWAYS make a point to remove him from the town just because of his name! lol. Too weird for my taste/ liking. Leave all BUT him. I couldn't possibly beat that without getting completely absurd! Imo...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    I always thought that sim from Sunset Valley, 'Cycl0n3 Sw0rd' from the household 'Roomies' took the cake for weirdest possible name that any sim would/ could be given. In fact whenever I start a new game there I ALWAYS make a point to remove him from the town just because of his name! lol. Too weird for my taste/ liking. Leave all BUT him. I couldn't possibly beat that without getting completely absurd! Imo...

Yeah, I've seen him around plenty of times. Wonder if he jumped at the offer to change his name at the town hall. Is that what it's called, town hall? I'm having a blank right now.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I recently made a sim named Nester Gibbles.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Her name is Melina, but my friend started calling her "Cupcake" and it stuck. :blush:

Malone3_zps74d9f6c5.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    My sims usually respond to "What do you mean something's in the way!" and "What on earth are you dooooing?" :)
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Once I had a sim named Pat Mybelly :p
  • Options
    bleedingbanshebleedingbanshe Posts: 146 Member
    Most of the time I give my sims fancy and sometimes gothic names, like Azrabella for example, if that's what they look like. The strangest name I've bestowed so far belongs to Azrabella's husband, Klud. Yup, just Klud!

Here's the couple in question:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96806876@N06/15824523184/in/album-72157650241073888/
    tumblr_inline_mm2wuyuVsL1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Chris P Bacon.
  • Options
    minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    My first sim family was named P. Knutt Butter. His lovely wife was named Shea Butter. Their children were named Koko Butter and Mel Ted Butter. I only give my sims comic names, now that I think about it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Hi!

Do you ever give your sims some funny nicknames, abbreviations, shipnames etc.?

I call my triplets in game, Briseis, Aodh and Daray, 'B.A.D.' for example xD And their parents name is 'Ashice' (Ash and Alice)
    I did the same kind of thing once: Éowyn, Linden and Finn. ELF. Didn't really make sense though, because they were genies and there was a witch in that story but no elfs :D Supernaturals had just been released back then, so it was sort of a private joke. Genie and witch had two letters too many for triplets :#

And right now I'm playing a story called Lance's lot. Main character is Lance Lott, who starts with no home and no money. His final goal is to buy a big lot someday and build a mansion, Lance's lot. He also likes women, who somehow get pregnant quite easily, so he has a lot of kids (six at the moment and he's far from done yet), Lance's lot. And on top of that, in my own language (and yours :p ) 'lot' means fate, fortune, destiny. Lance's fate, Lance's fortune, Lance's destiny.

Edit: the awesomes I gave in this topic are lols, I very much miss that button now haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I made a sim for Midnight Hollow named Heironymous Q. Dismall. He's a wealthy writer, and since he's mostly dead, a ghost writer. ;)

I made a few venues around town named after him. The swimming pool is now the Dismall Dipp, there's the Dismall Garden, a couple others, and he endowed a dorm at University, the Dismall Dorm. I took one of the larger houses from MH and edited it into a dorm.
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    edited October 2015
    I usually don't do that but my game had definitely mastered it. I play the Czech version and the names the NPC's are given are often just hilarious. Many of them are untranslatable, another ones came out like 'the man who loves to whine', 'the one who turns over the trash bins', 'the one who cleans the dust' and so on.
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    My very first Sim ever (back in the original The Sims) was a single female, so I called her Simone Simalone (as in Sim-1 Sim Alone). I made that kind of a tradition by doing the same for The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. In that last one I think I succeeded in giving her a more or less Italianate look that went nicely with the sound of her name.

By now, I very much doubt there will ever be a Simone in The Sims 4 for me, as that version of my favourite game somehow doesn't do it for me at all. :( Luckily The Sims 3 is a huge and virtually endless game. :)
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 I already know B)
    @Proxim My game's Dutch and, except the names are simply awful, there aren't any things like that, unfortunately.
    @Ashpeef Original xD but nice idea to call a sim like that
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    One of my Sims I unknowingly (until I was in-game) gave the funny name of Shirley Dunn ("Surely Done"). If I don't get her married off to someone else, she's "surely done" for it!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 I already know B)
    But others don't ;)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    My favorite TS2 Sim was a guy named Cheeze Doodle. His wife was Dipsy.

I find regular names for Sims just too boring. I've named Sims things like Manny Cotti (he was an Italian chef), Crystal Ball, Royal Payne and Foul Wynd.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I usually just run on themes for children.
    One legacy they were all named for gods and mythological people: Antigone, Heracles, Hermes, Echo... it went on for quite some time.

This time around I'm going to stick with trees: Cypress, Rowan, etc.

I did spy a townie named Bimble....???
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    I never choose Dutch names by the way, always foreign ones. Celtic names are my favourites. And names for guys that sound girlish (Evelyn, Lindsey, Elijah, Sacha).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I just like special names with mostly somwhere and A in it. I just love the sound of it, 'A'... I guess my children will all have very long unspeakable names with 4 million A's in it.

My current sim's name is Talia, and the other sims from that save call Fiona and Richard. I'm a little bit less original with names for male sims I think.

And @JoAnne65 I love the names your sims have, you know that. I mean...Names like Saoirse are just amazing. Particularly when you read it completely wrong so it sounds even more special.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    I 'collect' names from the many books I read. If it is unusual or funny or just one I find interesting I add the name to my list. Then when renaming a sim made long ago or creating new ones I choose from the list.
  • Options
    I just like special names with mostly somwhere and A in it. I just love the sound of it, 'A'... I guess my children will all have very long unspeakable names with 4 million A's in it.

My current sim's name is Talia, and the other sims from that save call Fiona and Richard. I'm a little bit less original with names for male sims I think.

And @JoAnne65 I love the names your sims have, you know that. I mean...Names like Saoirse are just amazing. Particularly when you read it completely wrong so it sounds even more special.
    And Siobhán, and Sinéad, yes I think we have the same taste in names ;) (like the B.A.D. names btw)
    I 'collect' names from the many books I read. If it is unusual or funny or just one I find interesting I add the name to my list. Then when renaming a sim made long ago or creating new ones I choose from the list.
    Books, films, tv series, yes me too. I hardly ever choose them from a list, I like to use names I've seen used before, but I love them to be rare and strange to my ears.
    5JZ57S6.png