Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 should look like this

Comments

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2015
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I respect you opinion and agree with you about the worlds and overall realism there, but with the right Cc the Sims 4 sims I think has a perfect balance in my opinion. I love the artstyle Ea went with this time around as far as the Sim themselves. I don't think these two sims looks cartoony at all
    10-02-15_11-18-11nbspPM_zpsedmzjmee.png
    Anges_zpssk047esy.png
    But again this is just my opinion :)

The main issue with TS4 CC sims is...it will never match the world/atmosphere because TS4 world is completely cartoony. Unless you keep CC that is the same or similar with EA's stylized art style. It's because TS2 world took a realistic approach, for it's time, that CC that made sims less cartoony and more realistic would fit. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The same thing with TS3. It's because the world takes an even more realistic approach than any other life simulator I know. The flexibility was that players could still create cartoon characters and it would still look good in a realistic setting but the other way around does not have the same effect. Like in Space Jam, of course Michael Jordan doesn't look like he belongs when he's in the Looney Tunes world but when Bugs or Daffy comes to the real world it doesn't look bad. But that's my POV.

A couple examples of TS2 from my game:

33xygqr.jpg
    2lj5i1h.jpg

The detail I can sometimes mistaken for TS3 at a first glance. There is no way not to tell when something is from TS4, unless it's CC then it can get a bit confusing. Anyway, TS2 for me is what established the direction for TS series. TS3 did follow this pattern of becoming more in-depth in some areas, more detailed and definitely even more realistic with the world. The sims though have always been a balance of a bit realistic but also a bit cartoony. It never was all realistic, that I know but it also was never all cartoony either. Like I said before, TS4 is the first to completely tip the scale, in both world and sims. There is no compromise.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Well, I don't mind a bit of realistic graphics myself, it'd never be scary or even weird if well chosen. Of course they would have to work with higher system requirements 'cause it's never fair to sacrifice gameplay to improve just a single aspect.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    now that i hate what they've done with the sims 4, maybe they can learn and improve the sims 5 (if there is one)
    what-will-gaming-be-like-in-year-2025-1259385287-jan-24-2013-1-600x400.jpg
    Or maybe this... It wont be too realistic, but just enough.
    ciara__s_styles___old_meets_new_by_torqual3d-d4oiwi9.jpg

rf01.jpg

now thats my personal opinion. whats yours? post a pic.

how can you kill these beautiful souls who look almost real? that's why I'd rather play realistic characters outside The Sims Franchise because then if my Sims looked these pictures, it'll be too hard to drown them and then it turns me into a killer and I feel like a criminal then, cos the characters would almost look real like humans and there's enough killings going around in real life at the moment, so I don't want it in my Sims game, I like the cartoony style-this way I don't feel guilty of killing off my Sim!

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    @SimGuruMeatball Oh cool you found this thread. I like the slider idea. I was thinking about what you said in another thread about making sure the Sims ran on all computers well. Do you think if the Sims 5 is made, they could go the route the Sims 2 took? I really would love to see a sequel to the Life Stories sequel and it was nice having specific games that were more linear and fit well for laptops and low end computers while keeping the main game performing well on standard desktop computers. So if the franchise ever has an opportunity to do that again it would be nice.

I remember telling JK that I liked that the artwork reminded me of the Sims 2 a bit. Honestly only details that somewhat bother me are the hair, eyelashes, and grass, but those things I can get by with using CC and mods. It does seem like the hair texture has been tweaked since I first got the game. It is looking better, so thank you. But I really enjoy seeing edges around the chin and jaw area again. That kind of bothered me in the Sims 3. The eyes are nice too. I love having the chest, butt, posture, pupil, and foot sliders. Easier to make more unique Sims that way. I admit I badly miss the detailed hair the Sims 3 options had. I loved being able to change the root color, the tip color, and the highlight color. It was easier to make punk Sims with that. I really hope you bring ombre hair color choices. It would be nice just to have more colorful options if I want to make punk/goth/rocker Sims. Sorry probably too much art feedback.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I am one of those people who would love a realistic Sims game, I am rather sick of the cartoon look. I want something like GTA but sims. I know we will never have that but Its fun to dream.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    now that i hate what they've done with the sims 4, maybe they can learn and improve the sims 5 (if there is one)
    what-will-gaming-be-like-in-year-2025-1259385287-jan-24-2013-1-600x400.jpg
    Or maybe this... It wont be too realistic, but just enough.
    ciara__s_styles___old_meets_new_by_torqual3d-d4oiwi9.jpg

rf01.jpg

now thats my personal opinion. whats yours? post a pic.

how can you kill these beautiful souls who look almost real? that's why I'd rather play realistic characters outside The Sims Franchise because then if my Sims looked these pictures, it'll be too hard to drown them and then it turns me into a killer and I feel like a criminal then, cos the characters would almost look real like humans and there's enough killings going around in real life at the moment, so I don't want it in my Sims game, I like the cartoony style-this way I don't feel guilty of killing off my Sim!

Apparently people play The Sims for different reasons and have different play styles. I don't play The Sims to torture or kill them off for fun. To add, I don't play The Sims to be like a god either or pretend that I am. It's not my style. I view TS more than anything like directing a movie or tv series. Although I don't always play the role as director and just play the game for fun. My main purpose in playing was to continue playing dolls, creating my characters and telling their life stories. Then TS2 came along and introduced generations/aging and then TS3 kept that plus added a permanent YA life stage and had CASt/CAP/etc to give the most creative and innovative freedom in any Sims game to date. So I also enjoyed the generations and creative aspect as well.

I'm not saying you do but I do think that some have misconceptions about why others play TS. Everyone does not play for the same reason(s).

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    To be honest I prefer The Sims styles compared to a lot suggested. I don't know. I guess I just can't see the more realistic look and The Sims going together.

Some of the more realistic graphics put me off, there's just something missing and I can't think what it is.
  • AmeliaVampiricAmeliaVampiric Posts: 180 Member
    I agree those pics are so gorgeous, I can just imagine all of the amazing sims we could create! \(^_^)/

tumblr_mttkub5CDa1s9a1zuo3_500.gif

My Origin ID: AmeliaVampiric
    My Sim Showcase: AmeliaVampiric Sims
  • LanaDelPandaLanaDelPanda Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thats gorgeous
  • ISmackISmack Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2015
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I like TS3 take on realism but still a balance of fantasy. The sims and the world are both a step in the right direction. There would be quite some improvements to be made though based on the skin, eyes, hair, textures, world, etc. But because TS4 showed the route EA prefers to go, then I'll just be fine using CC to achieve a bit more realism in TS3.

sq4c2d.jpg
    2j10y2t.jpg
    akejdh.jpg

I do not like the bloom effect nor do I like the cartoony nature of TS4 among the going back in time and then downgrading. There is no balance like TS2/TS3. I prefer TS3 the most because it is the most in-depth (in some areas) and the most mature in the series.
    2pi01.jpg
    2d0ht13.jpg
    2ib1c9e.jpg
    Tip the scale to overall cartoon land and there is no realism to appeal to the realists who wants a mature but still T rated life simulator.

I respect you opinion and agree with you about the worlds and overall realism there, but with the right Cc the Sims 4 sims I think has a perfect balance in my opinion. I love the artstyle Ea went with this time around as far as the Sim themselves. I don't think these two sims looks cartoony at all
    10-02-15_11-18-11nbspPM_zpsedmzjmee.png
    Anges_zpssk047esy.png
    But again this is just my opinion :)

Honey, that's because of cc.
  • SimmyGirlSimmyGirl Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2015
    The last one looks like Emma Watson.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    They could always evolve the graphcis in the sims 4, or be able to switch between both graphic types, like what was done on the 15th I think anniversary of halo :smiley:
    23rif7.gif
  • Chocoholic_GurlChocoholic_Gurl Posts: 72 Member
    I wish
  • HappySimMaxHappySimMax Posts: 79 Member
    @Mightydan I have a feeling you're right. I want Sims 5 to be more like Sims 3 but with some of the extra Sims 4 features.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    edited June 2016
    I really like this style, she is detailed enough (at least for me) without giving that uncanny valley vibe. I would prefer a more realistically proportioned face( smaller eyes etc. )

maxresdefault.jpg

However, I am happy with the sims 4 cas, with it I am able to make sims of different races and ethnicity without difficulty. I have noticed that each simmer has their own unique style when it comes to making sim which makes it very easy for me to know who made a specific sim just by looking at it.

J0umzeS.png

As long as the sims 5 cas has the same level(or higher) of freedom and creativity as the sims 4, the art style won't be such a big deal for me.
    Post edited by thesimsfairy47 on
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    I myself alway prefer high relosultion and detailed graphics. Even though TS4 does look a bit cartoonish i still love it. When i compare it to TS3 i know i could not go back as i would not enjoy it anymore. If TS5 looked a bit more realistic, maybe like what TS4 looks now with some cc skins i would have been content. Oh and also improved hair anf feet.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    One thing I can't help but notice is people who want ultra-realistic Sims is all their examples are always incredibly attractive, sometimes overtly so. I would like to know what are their expectations for imperfect sims. Do you want their to be scars, moles, cellulite, stretch marks, in-grown hairs? Will obese sim's fat jiggle if they are walking around in just their underwear or a bathing suit? Will they wake up with bedhead?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I like the look of the images (I believe one of them were "renders" or advertisement posters for a previous sims game), but I won't want them in a game. For me, hyper-realism ruins the silly and fun nature that The Sims was originally about.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I like all your ideas :)
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I really like this style, she is detailed enough (at least for me) without giving that uncanny valley vibe. I would prefer a more realistically proportioned face( smaller eyes etc. )

maxresdefault.jpg

I really like this example! stylized, but detailed.
    One thing I can't help but notice is people who want ultra-realistic Sims is all their examples are always incredibly attractive, sometimes overtly so. I would like to know what are their expectations for imperfect sims. Do you want their to be scars, moles, cellulite, stretch marks, in-grown hairs? Will obese sim's fat jiggle if they are walking around in just their underwear or a bathing suit? Will they wake up with bedhead?

Yes! I want imperfections! I want scars, moles, and pockmarks. I want asymmetry. I want all of those things to be an option too. All perfect is boring, I want to be able to create characters whose faces tell a story the moment you look at them. Besides, there is beauty in imperfection.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

I really like this example! stylized, but detailed.

Yes! I want imperfections! I want scars, moles, and pockmarks. I want asymmetry. I want all of those things to be an option too. All perfect is boring, I want to be able to create characters whose faces tell a story the moment you look at them. Besides, there is beauty in imperfection.

My thoughts exactly! I want them to be realistic, with the things you said, but not too realistic - if you get what I mean! I also want teens to develop spots, but not all of them.
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Were talking about Sims 5 :smile: now I'm interested I do want them to look more realistic and have them look gorgeous.
  • MysteriousSimszMysteriousSimsz Posts: 50 Member
    Uhh I really hope I'm not the only one who finds those pictures creepy...
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    I'm not feeling it

They look pretty in still pictures, but I think with actual animation and facial expressions of the Sims it would go into uncanny valley territory.

Plus, those are 3d renders and not part of actual games. None of the current big graphics intensive games out/coming out soon have graphics anywhere close to this. The lighting, textures, and meshes and such look much more high quality than even the new Tomb Raider game coming out next month, for example, because they're still renders with highly controlled high quality assets that video games have yet to reach.

Exactly.

Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • HeyyysimsHeyyysims Posts: 251 Member
    I like making my sims look at realistic as possible, those renders look great.
    Download Celebrity Sims on my Blog: https://moongalaxysims.com