Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISBI: The Loony Lunas

Meet Laura Luna

10-27-15_8-16-54nbspAM_zpsixjglkph.png

She's new in town. And she's quite the interesting sim. The first thing you'll learn about her is that she's insane, no doubt about it. She's also a slob. So at first it may be hard for most to take a liking to her. But she's a goofball, and its a guarantee she'll make you smile. Fun can be found in anything when you're with Laura. Loving all things mischievous, she's quickly taken a job in the Criminal career line. She thought that would be the best environment for her, as she could just be herself without having to conform to society's "normal" standards. Her next steps will be to meet someone, maybe fall in love, maybe have some kids, and definitely, she will become known as the towns matriarch for the crazy, loopy family that everyone whispers about behind closed doors.

10-26-15_11-54-08nbspPM_zpsgwk0icwx.png

As we follow Luna's story, I will be playing the ISBI challenge for TS4 by @Lynnwood , as found here

The goal is to go 10 generations while controlling only one sim until the next generation comes of age, and then control will switch to the next heir. All TH's (or torch holders) will have the insane trait, while all other traits and aspirations will be randomized. I have always controlled every sim in my households, and I've never played much with the insane trait, so a lot of this will be new to me. I've never completed a challenge before, as it always felt overwhelming trying to corral all the sims to accomplish what needed to be done as my families got bigger and bigger. I'm hopeful that i can make it to the end with this one. :smile:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I decided that the best way for Luna to meet some new sims, was to talk a walk. Luna ran into a lot of normal sims, most of which bored her. She was about to head home when she ran into someone she knew she just had to talk to: Zackery Lancaster. Look at that fashion sense!

10-27-15_12-22-21nbspAM_zpsqzigansz.png

they hit it off immediately, so she invited him over to her place to further get to know each other. Things got romantic real quick. And as fate would have it, he was insane too!! What a perfect match!

10-27-15_12-27-00nbspAM_zpsaa4qlccb.png

10-27-15_12-26-41nbspAM_zps81gtajlq.png

they had only known each other for 6 hours when they decided to start their relationship off with a kiss

10-27-15_12-31-53nbspAM_zpsulfn0koe.png

and they had only known each other for 24 hours when she invited him to move in with her

"This might sound crazy, but would you like to live with me?"
    10-27-15_12-33-09nbspAM_zpssfepavks.png

Zackery has a job as a painter, while his aspiration is to me a musical genius... it seems he's not quite in the right field of work. His work performance is pretty low, as he has no skill as a painter, yet is at a level 4... i'm not sure how he got that high up. I bought an easel in the hopes that he might try to work on his painting while at home, but so far he doesn't seem interested. We'll see what happens as time goes on, i've never had a sim with such bad work performance... i wonder if they eventually get fired.
    its not easy having 2 insane sims in the same hosuehold, their moods are so unstable! the couple tend to get into random little arguments one minute, and the next are all lovey-dovey.. but it must be meant to be, because after a few days of living together, Laura is pregnant!

10-27-15_8-28-01nbspAM_zpsgagzzb0p.png

10-27-15_8-28-21nbspAM_zps5ta8wuzp.png

Zackery seems to be excited with the news.

10-27-15_8-43-32nbspAM_zps2wxbm5gi.png

10-27-15_8-43-41nbspAM_zpsrwpnnbik.png

Things are moving along pretty quickly, and there's a fair amount that happened with some townies that i wasn't able to grab screenshots for. I'll try to get better at capturing those moments. Anyway, enjoy for now, and until next time :smiley:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked! I love ISBI stories. I'm doing one now but it took forever to get a wife! She came with a kid so instant family! Looking forward to the next update!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • EgewinhEgewinh Posts: 72 Member
    Wow I can't believe how quick she got a man and baby on the way! Usually mine struggle a bit more, like pammiechick mentioned. I am planning on doing an ISBI myself, in fact I'm setting up my game for it now. I see that you have a gallery and I thought about putting some Sims from other people's game in there as townies.

If you have any sims there, would you mind that I include them in my game/challenge? :) Maybe they'll run into each other xD
    Siggy.png

ISBI - Posh Life. Meet Cash Snobbington
    edited October 2015
    @Egewinh I think I must be lucky, I don't usually have too much trouble getting families started... Though I usually make sure my couples have compatible personalities,s I I don't think I've given myself a chance to have difficulties with that

And you are so more than welcome to download sims from my gallery!! I hope you enjoy them.. I only have a few at the moment, but I will be uploading a few more households in the next day or so.
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Daww, your founder is cute! Eesh, both are Insane, that outta be fun . . . Remember, if you want to change his job (from painter to entertainer) you can. That's one of the free actions that are allowed. :) Good luck!
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Daww, your founder is cute! Eesh, both are Insane, that outta be fun . . . Remember, if you want to change his job (from painter to entertainer) you can. That's one of the free actions that are allowed. :) Good luck!

Thank you for sharing this, @Lynnwood ! That's very helpful to me as well! I'm a noob to this challenge but read them all!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Yay! here's what's been going on in the Luna house recently...

Laura's pregnancy was pretty uneventful, but the the crazy couple are pleased that they had a baby boy!!

10-27-15_11-18-47nbspAM_zpsq3yh0m98.png

Meet Luke, he is given the insane trait from the get-go, and he has the artistic prodigy aspiration. a violin was bought for him, I would've liked to have given him an activity table, but there isn't much room and i didn't feel like rearraging stuff at the moment to give it a spot. The violin fits better in an unused corner. We'll see if he decides to give it a try.

10-27-15_11-21-54nbspAM_zpsj7dwg1zw.png
    10-27-15_11-21-59nbspAM_zpse9rkyn7f.png

Momma is very much in love with her little boy, but Zackery, on the other hand, seems a little unsure of himself

10-27-15_11-34-54nbspAM_zpsr0ln31xf.png

and it took him a couple days before he started helping out with the new addition to their family

10-27-15_11-22-56nbspAM_zpsakxnrgds.png

thankfully babies are not babies for very long, and Luke ages up into a handsome young boy

10-27-15_11-55-10nbspAM_zpst39qjroh.png

while luke gets along really well with Zackery

10-27-15_12-00-05nbspPM_zpsoiog3396.png

he seems to find it hard to talk to Laura, she is always distracted by something else... like pancakes, or the smell of them anyway...

10-27-15_12-02-55nbspPM_zpsru6gxoiz.png

Laura and Zackery will randomly get into little disagreements due to their random emotions caused by their insanity, which is making it difficult for their relationship to stay strong, but thankfully their love-relationship is still growing, so that is there to help them recover from their arguments.

10-30-15_8-23-42nbspAM_zpsmpql7f2q.png

and while things may not be perfect, they seem to be happy, and they enjoy being in each others company (most of the time)

10-30-15_9-03-07nbspAM_zps0tmwutwh.png

Even though Luke has just grown into a child, Zackery is only a short ways away from becoming an elder, and if Laura wants to have more children, she and Zac better get busy!! We'll see how that goes next update. :wink:

sorry it seems so short, but i'm getting ready to go on vacation. I still hope to get one more update in early next week before i leave, and then i will pick it up again when i return. Hope you all enjoy!
    Love this! Ooohhh I want to see more cutie pie babies. Hurry up Laura before it's too late xP

I think it's cute how it took Zac a bit of time to warm up to the baby :)
    Siggy.png

edited October 2015
    Nice update! Everyone looks like they're functioning well! Have fun on your vacation!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    Luke is adorable <3 Looking forward to the next chapter.
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I have never tried this challenge, but I guess I should try it, when I'll finish write one of my stories :) It seems like a fun <3 Bookmarking your story @Jesf8312 :)
    @roseinblack69 You definitely should. ISBI's are a lot of fun :)
    Siggy.png

I just left a comment on your thread @Egewinh ;) I bookmarked your story and when it will be possible I'll try this challenge :)
    edited November 2015
    @roseinblack69 this challenge is a lot more fun than i expected! i definitley encourage you to try it out!

Anyway, here is my last update before i leave for vacation! You may still see me around the forums though. I plan to play again and post an update shortly after i get home in a week or so.

So, things were going pretty good, both Zackery and Luke were doing pretty well at taking care of themselves, Luke was even eager to help with household chores! (though he has yet to do his homework)
    10-31-15_9-13-30nbspAM_zpskyqncfg6.png
    10-31-15_9-10-56nbspAM_zpspnyh8lmk.png

and Luna was having a grand old time socializing with some townies, until she had an unfortunate encounter with Mortimer Goth. She later enjoyed pulling pranks on him, as this also helped with her criminal career promotion requirements.
    10-31-15_8-48-16nbspAM_zpspt53sn1n.png
    10-30-15_9-15-22nbspAM_zpsxv2johcf.png
    10-30-15_9-15-50nbspAM_zpsvj0od19q.png

At home, she needed to get busy with Zackery, he was going to become an elder soon, and she wanted another child. So....
    10-30-15_8-54-44nbspAM_zpsdgcjjy5q.png
    10-30-15_9-07-20nbspAM_zpsiqgyhvic.png
    10-30-15_9-24-54nbspAM_zpsqzahkeqv.png

Laura got pregnant!

She was hoping that her baby would be born before Zac became an old man, but, life doesn't always go the way you want it to..
    10-31-15_9-49-52nbspAM_zpsvwcd3mvs.png

Not long after the birthday party, Laura went into labor
    10-31-15_9-55-02nbspAM_zpsfvpwxhq7.png
    10-31-15_9-55-06nbspAM_zpsy4ocd91c.png

it looks like she had a difficult time... and who wouldn't blame her? Because guess what??

SURPRISE!!
    10-31-15_10-23-47nbspAM_zpsbokxrl8t.png
    ITS TWINS!!

If Laura thought life was hard before, she's in for a huge shock. Things are about to get interesting... :wink:
    Thanks for the great update and have a good vacation ;)
    Love the twins <3 Things will surely be more challenging from now on xD
    Siggy.png

Hey guys! hope you're all doing well. I've finally caught up on some sleep, the daylight savings time change, then a time zone change, and the resulting jet lag really took a number on me. Anyway, i'm back, and i have a new update for you!!

Laura had twins, Luis and Lucy. I was really surprised when it happened, i had never had multiple babies without the fertile reward trait before, so that was a first for me.
    10-31-15_10-21-01nbspAM_zpsgsvdftqw.png

what was funny though, is that Luke was not happy with the new addition, he actually got a sad moodlet when they were born! I think it's awesome that they put those emotions for older siblings in the game, as many kids actually experience that in real life. It makes me want to play with the child lifestage more; I haven't really done much with kids before.
    10-31-15_10-08-53nbspAM_zps5brf6pcg.png

Here's Luke, on his way to pout about the twins in his bed...
    10-31-15_10-11-20nbspAM_zpssvvxschs.png

But he eventually got over it and started to interact with the babies.
    10-31-15_11-24-05nbspPM_zpsop9petvd.png

In general it was a little difficult trying to keep up with the needs of the twins, and both Laura and Zac had a hard time getting sleep. There's not much room left in their home, the twins had to sleep in mommy and daddy's room for a while...
    10-31-15_11-20-16nbspPM_zpsp3faovxd.png

So by the time they aged up into children, Laura was so worn down, she was exhausted, starving and a little on the unclean side... poor Laura... but at least the twins aged up well!!

I decided that since these two aren't the heirs, i would randomize their first two traits, and give them the Insane trait last, so that they're not ALL insane the entire time they're in my household... that way when they become young adults, i'll give them insane and then just move them out... that way i don't have to deal with it, lol. I think i will do that with all generations, the heir will be given insane as their first trait, but with any other children i will give them insane as their last trait before they are moved out... Anyway, Lucy took on the Gloomy trait and has the Whiz Kid aspiration. Luis got Self Assured and the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.
    10-31-15_11-44-13nbspPM_zpsu910jinm.png
    10-31-15_11-59-08nbspPM_zpsdgds43ms.png
    11-01-15_12-06-43nbspAM_zps03f619w7.png

You'd think that once they were kids Laura could catch a break... but that couldn't be further from the truth.

With so many sims using the toilet, shower, sink, tv, etc all day long, eveyrthing seems to be constantly broken. It doesn't' seem like sims will autonomously repair broken items, so Laura has to be on top of fixing the essentials.
    11-01-15_12-32-14nbspAM_zps5zyapuga.png

Unfortunately, this takes time, and the Luna household had its first bladder failure. Laura was in the process of fixing the toilet (again), when Zac just couldn't hold it anymore...
    11-01-15_12-02-23nbspAM_zpsjopy26fx.png

he went to go clean himself up, only to find that the shower was broken as well...
    10-31-15_11-40-33nbspPM_zpspxt30vmx.png
    10-31-15_11-41-26nbspPM_zpsb28avlvr.png
    Instead of attempting to fix the shower... he cleaned it. I guess he hoped that it would magically fix the shower. It didn't. He had to wait for laura to fix it. Poor Zac, lol.

On top of all that, the house has gotten really cramped. I wanted to move them into a bigger house, but they don't have enough funds. Laura has started to collect and sell rocks and fossils from around the neighborhood for some extra cash, and Luke will be getting a part time job once he becomes a teen to help out a little bit. This might sound a little mean, but i'm anxious for Zac to die of old age, or of anything, really. lol! It might make things a little easier with one less sim in the household. I can't decide if i will have Laura coax him into doing activities to speed that process along, or if i will just let nature run its course...

I guess that's it for now, i think i'll have another update in a day or two. until then, enjoy!
    Aww... Poor Zac, it's hard to be old man and it's sad he''ll die soon :/ But yes, I agree, it's difficult to control 8 and even more sims, but I guess you can't control anyone in this challenge, am I right? :) Twins are cute <3
    Aww... Poor Zac, it's hard to be old man and it's sad he''ll die soon :/ But yes, I agree, it's difficult to control 8 and even more sims, but I guess you can't control anyone in this challenge, am I right? :) Twins are cute <3

Yes, that's right. I can only control Laura. When her geir, Luke, becomes a YA, I will switch control to only him, and I won't control Laura anymore. When his heir becomes a YA, the cycle starts over again...
    Jesf8312 wrote: »

Yes, that's right. I can only control Laura. When her geir, Luke, becomes a YA, I will switch control to only him, and I won't control Laura anymore. When his heir becomes a YA, the cycle starts over again...

Oh, now I got it, it's good to know it, as I'd like to try this challenge myself in the future :)
  • simslia1simslia1 Posts: 9 New Member
    This is great! Such a good ISBI - thanks for posting. I created this challenge originally and its so cool to see how its developed!
    Nice update! I feel bad for their poverty. My TH is good at gardening and its very lucrative over time. Evolving everything as soon as possible helps.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Alright guys, i have a somewhat short update for you today. I've been battling a really bad head cold and trying to take care of my 1 year old who also has a cold. Hopefully we can kick it soon, i'm itching to play some sims!

anyway...

Luke's birthday came and went without a party, there wasn't a good opportunity for Laura to set up a party for him. The randomizer gave him the Gloomy trait, and the Friend of the World aspiration, so now he also has Gregarious as a trait too.
    11-12-15_11-38-28nbspAM_zps0nzg5jmx.png
    He's got quite the hair-do, and an even more odd fasion sense
    11-12-15_11-58-09nbspAM_zps1loikgah.png
    lol, i just about fell over when he went out in those clothes. i mean, seriously, THAT's what you're going out in public in?? well okaay...

meanwhile, Zac hasn't been feeling too well
    11-12-15_11-56-58nbspAM_zpszdctt6nn.png
    and i soon got the warning that his time was coming, so Laura spent the next few days making sure that the whole family was spending time together
    11-12-15_11-42-30nbspAM_zps0pqjmbnu.png
    11-12-15_11-49-21nbspAM_zpsac8jxv4c.png
    11-12-15_1-25-15nbspPM_zps5dgxrpwh.png
    11-12-15_1-11-43nbspPM_zpswncy2a4p.png

it didn't take long for him to pass after that. His calling came in the middle of the night, thankfully everyone was home to be there with him in his final minutes
    11-12-15_1-31-01nbspPM_zpskuszupqn.png

and then death came....
    11-12-15_1-32-52nbspPM_zpsl67nhbjv.png
    and he has an ipad!? what??!! lmao! it looked like he was checking for Zacs name on a list or something, like Santa would, but instead for clearance into death-hood or something, lol. And i'm not sure if Zac was even on that list, but Death took him anyway
    11-12-15_1-33-34nbspPM_zpskenzc55c.png
    "hmmm... that's funny, i dont have his name here..."
    "ehh, oh well"
    11-12-15_1-34-44nbspPM_zpsscr8tqwx.png

I'll admit, while it was a sad moment, i was a little relieved. I figured his leaving would make things a little less hectic in the Luna household. I didn't want anyone to try and plead with Death to give Zac a little more time with the living, so i had Laura chat him up a bit before he poofed away
    11-12-15_1-37-22nbspPM_zpscbqb5ebx.png

I know the whole family is sad to see Zac go, but i'm excited to see what happens next. I plan on giving Luke a part time job to help get the family into a new house, and hopefully the twins will behave themselves while Laura focuses on advancing her career.

"Thank Heaven! the crisis --The danger, is past, and the lingering illness, is over at last --and the fever called "Living" is conquered at last."
    -Edgar Allen Poe
    11-12-15_1-40-34nbspPM_zpskbwcgubu.png

=) hope you enjoyed!

Post edited by Sweet_Italy on
    It seems like Laura is flirting with Death :D I guess Luke feels smexy :D Well... I won't laugh, because Zac died and everyone is sad... :/ I hope we'll see him in other chapters ;)
    Thanks for the great update and get better soon! <3