Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any one excited for the new arcade Machine

12346...Next

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    mr014 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    It needs to be for its purpose.

What purpose would that be? Gaming?
    It's like them big arcade machines like you would commonly find in arcade halls in real life. This thing is meant to be just that, not something for home use. Although you will be able to place it in your Sims' home, most likely, if you so desire, this is really meant for use on community lots.

It's obviously too big for a home, which is why I'm not excited about it. It's not something I'd ever use. A console or something the whole family could play with together at home would have been something to get my attention. The whole reason I stopped playing was that I like to play working families. I hardly send my sims to community lots unless I can send them all, and since they all have different schedules, a large machine meant for a community lot is not something for me to get excited about. It's too big.

Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    It needs to be for its purpose.

What purpose would that be? Gaming?
    It's like them big arcade machines like you would commonly find in arcade halls in real life. This thing is meant to be just that, not something for home use. Although you will be able to place it in your Sims' home, most likely, if you so desire, this is really meant for use on community lots.

It's obviously too big for a home, which is why I'm not excited about it. It's not something I'd ever use. A console or something the whole family could play with together at home would have been something to get my attention. The whole reason I stopped playing was that I like to play working families. I hardly send my sims to community lots unless I can send them all, and since they all have different schedules, a large machine meant for a community lot is not something for me to get excited about. It's too big.
    It's obviously not for everyone. Honestly, I don't get why they haven't given us a simple home console yet. We need that too.
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Nice glad we get arcade machine, but its huge. I wonder what size will the pool table be in the Sims 4, lol.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like video games obviously and all for our Sims doing stuff together. But I am from a different generation where I am wanting to see these Sims actually do physical activities together. Not play more social games. It seems large, I miss the old pin ball machines. :p Or lan games they could play together on their pcs. I used to build video gaming stores where they could have contests.

But I really want to see physical activities 'together' like tag, hide and seek, basketball, soccer etc. If we keep this up these Sims will eventually turn into big blobs if they never do anything physical together but stand around on their phones all the time and or play social games. We can make them jog, (Not together) but if this reflects real life at the moment no wonder we have so many obese children when they don't even have recess anymore to play kick ball. Sorry, for the rant, it's nice, but I'm looking for something physical.

I can see where you're coming from. Sadly, playing outside is becoming a rare thing to do. I know there's simmers asking for a sports pack and I think it's an excellent idea as it would bring a whole bunch of physical activities to do together. I really liked TS3 football goalpost, it would be cool if more than 2 sims could alternate between kicking and goalkeeping.

They've already got the basics for a lot of the sports animations if you watch Sims play Incredible Sports on the big video game simulator (which actually is pretty good exercise right there). They swing a bat to hit a baseball, catch a football, kick a soccer ball. They could adapt those to actual sports activities, possibly.

I'm one of those actively asking for a Sports SP or GP -- would be great for the "bro" Sims. Basketball, volleyball (both beach volleyball and pool volleyball), golf driving ranges (like we had in Sims 3), bowling lanes (to build your own bowling center or add a couple in your mansion's basement). Maybe shuffleboard for the elders or bocce ball (lawn bowling) and hopscotch for the kids (and Childish Sims).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    TBH, I am okay with it's size and it's purpose. I'm also okay with the size of the observatory and other things. For me, it gives me reasons to get my sims out of the house. My sims use the museum more because that's where my observatories are.

An arcade game of this size gives me a reason to build that arcade hangout for my kids and teens. It gives them a place to go and something to do. I try not to fill all my homes with everything the game has to offer because I like sending my sims out.

I guess I should say that the loading screens don't bother me. And I really like the idea of more diverse venues to send them to so even if there was a smaller gaming console for home use, I might not add it to many of my homes. Just like a lot of my homes don't have tvs or gym equipment. Or bars.

But that's me.

Same here. I built a painter's retreat on the top floor of the museum and send my sim there to paint and socialize. The arcade is great idea . You'll be able to send the entire family out for game night and single sims can do date nights.
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    So how many people have complained their sims don't get out much because there's nothing to do? Now you can make an arcade and send your sims out for a fun experience.

Unless they add a special lot type for arcades, you actually have to fake one and let it meet the requirements of another lot type, because "generic" ones are always empty.

I'm putting a game room on the second floor of my new rec center building in Oasis Springs (adjacent to the natural pool I'm going to put in when GT releases). At the very least, I can take my teen groups there and it'll look pretty busy; I'm planning to have this machine, darts, foosball, card tables, Don't Wake The Llama; probably add a coffee bar and a jukebox.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I wonder what the book icon in their thought bubbles represents - as in the Arcade. :)

Hopefully that's just a mock up and there is a club that likes to play arcade games and it won't spill over to an actual book club, because if it did that wouldn't make sense to me. I would have liked to seen the icon for the ones who have a club for video games. Wonder now, if that isn't even in the game to create a club just for video games and or arcade games.

Remember that Sims with the Geek trait like to play video games -- if a lot of your book club members are Geeks (maybe a Sci-Fi book club?), then they'll want to play video games on occasion.

aclavo wrote: »
    Sim Guru Drake just confirmed that kids will be able to use the arcade machine.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848107/excited-for-get-together/p55

But, why would that need confirming? Kids can use most things that adults can use in TS4 compared to the other games, such as, musical instruments, hot tub, etc. It's so bizarre that this community tend to forget that.

Kids can't use musical instraments like the adults can. They have their own. It's a violin. They also can't clean, garden, or fish for some odd reason. So, it makes perfect sense for them to let us know if they can use it or not.

They can play the regular piano though -- in Sims 3 they couldn't even do that. And most human children start with a child-sized violin then move up to an adult one when they become a teen. I like that bit of realism in the game.

And I've had my Sim children fish since day one -- they can't build the fishing skill, I think it adds to Mental skill till they get to level 10 then they start building Fishing skill.

fullspiral wrote: »
    TBH, I am okay with it's size and it's purpose. I'm also okay with the size of the observatory and other things. For me, it gives me reasons to get my sims out of the house. My sims use the museum more because that's where my observatories are.

An arcade game of this size gives me a reason to build that arcade hangout for my kids and teens. It gives them a place to go and something to do. I try not to fill all my homes with everything the game has to offer because I like sending my sims out.

I guess I should say that the loading screens don't bother me. And I really like the idea of more diverse venues to send them to so even if there was a smaller gaming console for home use, I might not add it to many of my homes. Just like a lot of my homes don't have tvs or gym equipment. Or bars.

But that's me.

Same here. I built a painter's retreat on the top floor of the museum and send my sim there to paint and socialize. The arcade is great idea . You'll be able to send the entire family out for game night and single sims can do date nights.

My museum's top floor has "classrooms" for all sorts of skill building -- music room, painting room, science room -- and out on the terrace there's an observatory and microscope. I also have many of the skill building items for children there, like the kids' art table and the chemistry set, so I can send the whole family there. It's great for my poorer Sims families who might not be able to afford their own skill items yet, or don't have space on their lot -- they can still access the items.

• SupahSwapSupahSwap Posts: 12 New Member
    Awesome! Kids can play too? Haha nice!
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yep getting kinda tired of the whole super sized thing. We got super sized sims, telescopes, microscopes, a game already in game and now this. Oh I forgot the cupcake machine too and I am not interested in the links for the cc that is still strange looking but thanks :)
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I wish they could also have a gaming console, I miss those.
  • ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Ooh! I hadn't seen that! Cool! :p
    Me neither! It looks so amazing!
    It makes it better that kids can play too.
    giphy.gif
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    missimay wrote: »

Hmm... no cash registers, newspapers, or home telephones because the The Sims 4 "vision" focuses on the present/future and not the pleasantville past. And GT will bring us a pixelated arcade game that could be found in circa 80s arcades...

Seems consistent (not).

No, this is not exciting. But it definitely is an incongruous compontent which defies all the excuses/explanations that they gave to those of us who just didn't "get it" when everyday objects were pulled out of this iteration, and it demonstrates that the team working on TS4 are just doing whatever they heck they want without rhyme or reason to (in my opinion) the detriment of the franchise and the credibility of their talent.

Would I have liked this feature in TS2? Absolutely. It wouldn't have been a game changing object like cars or soccer nets that could shape my stories and sims, but I would definitely have made use of it. It also would have worked in my game because all of the content in that game would be consistent. 80s/90s/00s material all "fits" in TS2 seamlessly. TS4 is so 2014++ that sticking a pixel arcade game in it is just silly. If my sims were hipsters, I'm pretty sure that they and they alone would love this GT feature and would use it in their story (before I set them all in a room on fire and removed the doors).

Meh, perhaps the dev who thought this would fit with the selfie-sim game had just finished watching Adam Sandler's latest film. Either that, or I guess simmers really do have the short memories that EA seems to rely on :unamused:
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited October 2015
    This is absolutely an awesome and exciting new item! It's a must have in my sim's man cave.
    My teen sims will love it, I can already picture them having so much fun in a gaming + pizza night.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I really like this! But like others have said, I don't understand why things have to be so big. Still waiting for the very excellent modding community to come up with smaller telescopes and microscopes. o:)
    They have let me get you the links.

Cupcake machine: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558124
    Microscope: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=553239
    Telescope: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=552017

to bad it is cc/mods, wish that the sims would make them smaller. I do not do mods or cc.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I like the one for four sims to be large :smile: it's pretty. But I would also really like a smaller version for two sims at home.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'd be surprised if there was a small gaming console in the new expansion pack.

Either it would be (a) too expensive, (b) the animations would take years to make or...
    (c) We just didn't think of it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I really like this! But like others have said, I don't understand why things have to be so big. Still waiting for the very excellent modding community to come up with smaller telescopes and microscopes. o:)
    They have let me get you the links.

Cupcake machine: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558124
    Microscope: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=553239
    Telescope: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=552017

to bad it is cc/mods, wish that the sims would make them smaller. I do not do mods or cc.

Ooooo awesome mod links!

As for the actual arcade object i'm super excited! Can't wait for this EP!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member

But, why would that need confirming? Kids can use most things that adults can use in TS4 compared to the other games, such as, musical instruments, hot tub, etc. It's so bizarre that this community tend to forget that.

Kids can't use musical instraments like the adults can. They have their own. It's a violin. They also can't clean, garden, or fish for some odd reason. So, it makes perfect sense for them to let us know if they can use it or not.

Kids can clean up after themselves, they can play piano as well as having their own violin, they can fish as well. Kids don't need to garden, leave that for teens. I don't understand the logic of comparing gardening and fishing to the use of an arcade machine.
  • TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    I don't get why everyone gets so excited... But at least they made something people want.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

Kids can clean up after themselves, they can play piano as well as having their own violin, they can fish as well. Kids don't need to garden, leave that for teens. I don't understand the logic of comparing gardening and fishing to the use of an arcade machine.

Kids can clean, play piano, and fish. My kids remove their plate and wash them. they go fishing all the time. As far as the guitar it is to big for them.