Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• simtastic40simtastic40 Posts: 14 New Member
    Ooh Ulfric is naughty! LOL

What a fun thread this is, a break from the negativity surrounding the Sims 4. I'm enjoying all of your screenshots and commentary. :smile:
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Ooh Ulfric is naughty! LOL

What a fun thread this is, a break from the negativity surrounding the Sims 4. I'm enjoying all of your screenshots and commentary. :smile:

Why yes he is >:) Welcome to the thread! Can't wait to hear some of your Sims' stories.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This is Saphire and Jim, they're on their first date... guess it's going well. :D
    yNSz2Q0.jpg

Hmph, guess it didn't go so well. She embarrassed herself when she tried to "first kiss" him.
    b4l3a8E.jpg

So she went in her room and hid for a while.
    D8HYdoT.jpg
    Realizing they need a much bigger home, Ulfric and Amethyst work at their painting, while Bella and Alice are at work. Cassandra and Olivia are off to school. With any luck, they will have enough money to buy the old Goth home. (Mortimer and Alexander moved in with Mortimer's mother and father, Gunther and Cornilia Goth, while Simis Bachelor has moved into a smaller place by himself. Unfortunately, Jocasta met with an untimely demise, much like Nancy Landgraab did .... Ulfric can be a real killer >:) )
    tumblr_nwul5oc4QL1uw2n86o1_1280.png

For those that might be interested, I have done some family genetics, and created Mortimer and Bella's parents, and placed them in the Gallery here.

00.jpg
    *Snip*

I wouldn't want to meet Ulfric in an alley at night. XD

And I like that you made Bella and Morts parents. :)
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Back to Your Cheatin' Heart.... :p

Laura is not speaking to Duncan as yet (after her suspicions) and they are sleeping apart. Duncan misses her and came to sit next to her as she was ready to leave for work the next morning. But she just watched TV silently.
    10-19-15_10-16-49nbspPM_zpsnwp7874g.png

When the cat's away, the mice will play. Duncan takes advantage of the time Laura is at work. He and Ruthie flirt it up, spending almost every spare moment together. He is starting to initiate more of these actions now.
    10-19-15_10-06-02nbspPM_zpsmcv3z1wm.png

Finally, he felt the time was right to kiss Ruthie, who was surprised, but very happy!
    10-19-15_10-10-29nbspPM_zpsrb0myifd.png

Later when Laura got home from work, Duncan and Ruthie were still together out back. Laura grabbed a glass of milk and drank it inside by herself at the dining table.
    10-19-15_10-19-53nbspPM_zpswa67tsip.png

Afterwards Laura came outside to use the gaming rig (and maybe to keep an eye on things). Duncan and Ruthie were still hanging out together.
    10-19-15_10-23-01nbspPM_zpspmoahqhb.png

Duncan stargazes with his new lover, but doesn't try any hanky panky while his wife is out there. I have a feeling this facade won't last much longer. I know how Sims are. ;)
    10-19-15_10-24-02nbspPM_zpsorqn3n3k.png

As it gets dark, Laura is finished with her game and heads off to bed. Duncan is aware of her going by, but having kissed Ruthie earlier today, he may be wondering if Laura knows "things" are still going on. But Laura maintains her silence and ignores both of them.
    10-19-15_10-35-17nbspPM_zpsjqxlbu6h.png

With Laura safely inside, Duncan blows a kiss to Ruthie.
    10-19-15_10-39-15nbspPM_zpstl8igzmq.png

Feeling encouraged by their earlier kiss, Ruthie gets up to give Duncan a real kiss of her own - but he rejects her! :#
    10-19-15_10-41-20nbspPM_zps55aqxzrt.png

Their romance bar was about 60% full, they were both happy and neither was overly tired. But he didn't want to kiss her right then, and Ruthie was shocked and embarrassed. Anyway, everyone went to bed alone.
    10-19-15_10-42-19nbspPM_zpsktamyyv5.png
    Ulfric and Amethyst were able to sell enough painting to be able to afford the old Goth Mansion, and moved everyone in when they got home from school and work.
    tumblr_nwuy15Z9Mo1uw2n86o1_1280.png
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    10-26-15_8-23-20%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I wish I had a bigger update. My game crashed after nearly two hours of playing, and auto save was off. :s

It's okay. I went back and replayed where I left off from yesterday. This time, I ordered seeds from the computer and planted an apple and spinach in the garden. I also opened up the bottom floor to allow more natural light. Here's my sim reciting poetry to Travis Scott. I'm pretty sure you have an idea what happened in the bedroom upstairs.

10-26-15_8-29-47%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    "Juggling" takes a lot of energy. Here's my Sim eating a late lunch after Travis left.

10-26-15_8-30-47%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Don Lothario visited my Sim after her meal, and they broke in the hot tub.

10-26-15_8-37-00%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I don't know if a Sim can get too Flirty, but my Sim had enough excitement for an afternoon. ;)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Did some final work on my Template save that I'll use when Get Together releases. I may end up replacing a few houses with venues instead but I'm pretty much done.

I first relocated my Fountain Garden of perfect plants to the lot across the street from the Goth Mansion -- I felt like it fit that neighborhood better than downtown Willow Creek:
    10-26-15_7-54-47nbspPM_zps8zvnidvr.png

In its place I found a wedding venue on the gallery that fits nicely:
    10-26-15_7-55-51nbspPM_zpsl52yeor5.png

My full downtown Willow Creek -- from left to right the library, the gym that came with Spa Day, the wedding venue, and a community pool that was on the Gallery and is modeled after one in Sunset Valley (Sims 3):
    10-26-15_7-56-13nbspPM_zpsa7kdlrcu.png

And this is downtown Oasis Springs -- my The Asymetrical Museum, an empty lot where the lounge was which I might use for something retail or see what venues come with GT, a gym I downloaded from the Gallery (which may also get replaced) and the Perfect Balance Spa from Spa Day:
    10-26-15_7-57-26nbspPM_zps9glaeshi.png

More in next post...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited October 2015
    The Magnolia Promenade Entertainment District -- a nightclub that was patched into the game and a lounge, a bar and an ice cream shop from the Gallery (I may move the ice cream shop to Oasis Springs and replace it with a dance club of some sort):
    10-26-15_7-58-58nbspPM_zpscqiclr0g.png

Starter home neighborhood of Newcrest:
    10-26-15_8-00-10nbspPM_zpsylshto2r.png

Mid-range homes, plus a bakery on the far left
    10-26-15_8-04-03nbspPM_zpslhwfleg4.png

And the high priced district, including the original Newcrest Manor, preserved as a historic site when the rest of the estate was developed. Current residents are the last heirs of the Newcrest family, who maintain the house as a boarding house for single Sims a little down on their luck (actually a place for me to park single Sims I don't plan to play actively but don't want the game to cull):
    10-26-15_8-04-53nbspPM_zpsdclxsrol.png

I'm actually pretty happy with how the work turned out, and it was great to use some wonderful builds from the Gallery. Wish I'd remembered to make a note of which houses came from where though. :'(
    10-26-15_10-09-05%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I opened up the top floor of my Sim's home. Now there's plenty of space and natural light to write screenplays and do yoga routines.

10-26-15_10-57-59%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    The desert garden is turning out nicely. Once my Sim's Gardening skill is Level 5, she'll need to take cuttings from a cherry tree and a lily. Yep, she's going to eventually grow Death Flowers in her garden.

10-26-15_10-51-05%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    She also had "Date Night" with Travis Scott to get that ice bucket trophy for the bedroom.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    edited October 2015
    Hey, how come this dropped to page 2? :o

Bill is definitely enjoying retirement.

He's taken up fishing:
    10-27-15_8-10-26nbspAM_zpskhnyawso.png

And he's really getting into the Wellness skill:
    10-27-15_8-28-42nbspAM_zpsk40jliym.png

But still finds time to keep the home fires burning:
    10-27-15_9-08-32nbspAM_zpszrd4inrb.png

He's changed a bit though -- getting a little lazier, and he's started talking to himself a bit...his wife and son aren't worried yet but they may need to keep a close eye on him... >:)
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Haha, My sim boy child had another boy over to play, and while they were talking on the couch, I put the game into super fast forward, and their little voices sounded like little mouse voices... Or like Alvin and the chipmunks, it was so cute!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My homeless teen Brandon went to the park today to earn a few bucks.

10-27-15_2-25-44nbspPM_zpsvhbgcbbj.png

While there, he met Darius, which is good because they will become good friends and form a music club when GT comes out.

10-27-15_2-32-24nbspPM_zpsxqevtmyv.png
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    @Ravager619 I really like those blue counters but I think I'm using them way too much. I think only one of my current households doesn't have them in their kitchen. Your top floor looks really cool! It must have an amazing view.

@Pamhamlet hehe, naughty Duncan. Your story looks like a lot of fun. I haven't really featured much romance in my games, maybe it's time.

@stilljustme2 Woah you've been busy! Your template looks really good and well thought. The wellness skill was a very nice surprise, I didn't expect it to be so much fun.

@Astro that's so cool! I've never seen a kiss be rejected in my game. Time to try and break some sim-hearts >:)
    Mightydan wrote: »
    @Ravager619 I really like those blue counters but I think I'm using them way too much. I think only one of my current households doesn't have them in their kitchen. Your top floor looks really cool! It must have an amazing view.

Thanks, and the third floor does have a great view. I'll need to get my Sim up there at night again and take a screenshot from inside.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    My sweet old Louis finally got to see one of his children married! The oldest son, Elijah, tied the knot with Makenzie Maier. Before scheduling the wedding, I went into manage worlds and built a party facility at Magnolia Blossoms park, and made it match the structure that's already there. Fun wedding! I sure wish the guests would sit down to watch weddings though:

32053_800.jpg

Elijah, giving his old pops a hug:

32369_800.jpg

The wedding venue at the park:

32594_800.jpg
    32777_800.jpg

So now Louis has moved on to the last level of his big, happy family aspiration goal. Next up... he needs 4 grandchildren! This is going to be a tough one because with that 8 sim limit, I'll have to split the famiy up. :( I know there's a mod for that, but I'm not quite ready yet to put mods in TS4.

KGLsNuM.jpg
    Saphire invited Jim over while her sister and Calvin went on a date.
    EPy4W6r.png?1

Then they had their first kiss.
    EWYEDtl.png?1

Then Jim asked Saphire to be his girlfriend and she said yes!
    ShqRI7H.png?1

Right behind her sisters back... shame, shame.
    8ZPkUaG.png?1

I think she likes the brownie. :D
    S8LvngK.png?1

Um...
    TxVlxL6.png?1
    As the Grimbrand's Turn .... in today's episode:
    Eric's Lewis' love child with Liberty Lee, turned out to be twin girls. Guadalupe and Karlie Lee.
    Mortimer Goth also had a love child with Nina Caliente (of all people ... seems the Caliente girls want Mortimer not only in TS2, but in TS4 as well). Mortimer's new daughter, is Sherry Caliente.

As for the Grimbrand's, Ulfric seems to truly like the Maid Service:
    tumblr_nwwkiemw531uw2n86o1_1280.png
    10-27-15_6-56-37%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Tonight's update includes a view from the third floor of my Sim's home.

10-27-15_7-46-11%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Under normal circumstances, having all three of your romances at your home at the same time can be very embarrassing. That doesn't happen with my Sim. She's got the Shameless trait. ;)

10-27-15_7-32-29%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Now here's the real reason why I'm making tonight's update. I did something I've never done before. I took a page out of @Ulfric_Grimbrand 's playbook and cause the death of a Sim.

How did I do it? I had my Sim visit the nightclub in Willow Creek, where she met Leonel Stanley. He's the Sim in the background I highlighted with my cursor. Unknown to me at the time, he was married to Sienna. She became very angry when my Sim flirted with Leonel right in front of her. I've never killed a Sim or cause one's death before, so I wanted to know how far I could push her buttons before I gave Grimmy something to do. It turns out two fights and several Mean interactions including declaring Sienna her nemesis will do the trick.

10-27-15_7-36-41%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    My Sim got a happy moodlet for witness the death of her enemy, and another happy moodlet for releasing her spirit.

10-27-15_8-23-50%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Two Sim days later, I had Leonel visit my Sim's house and she knew exactly how to cheer him up.

10-27-15_8-25-10%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    You could say he's forgotten about his wife.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @Mightydan Yes, I'm having so much fun with my unfaithful Duncan. Great job on your music store, btw. Love that pink freezer bunny guitar sitting in the display window! Made me giggle. I was just imagining seeing it at a real guitar shop! Teehee! :p

I'm enjoying all these deviant romance story updates you guys! Deviance can equal Happiness in the Sims! o:)

I haven't played in a few days (busy) and I still need to catch up with my story, so here's my next episode of Your Cheatin' Heart.

The Caliente household neighbors are frequent visitors to the Hines' residence. Since Laura is ignoring Duncan right now, she thought she'd turn her (friendly) attention to Don Lothario to see what Duncan would do.
    10-19-15_11-08-14nbspPM_zpsysdtekus.png

As Ruthie goes inside with Nina and Dina, Laura sits poolside with Don. Heh! - within moments, Duncan autonomously comes out to see what's up.
    10-19-15_2-16-20nbspPM_zps8kzsiu19.png

He sits down next to Laura. I'm sure if that pool ladder wasn't there, he'd have sat between Don and Laura instead. (I have since removed that one-didn't need two of them.
    10-19-15_2-17-28nbspPM_zpskjyayulx.png

Later they all go inside and Laura continues showering Don with her attention. Duncan is stewing nearby.
    10-19-15_11-24-59nbspPM_zps8sr5femz.png

Duncan's had enough of the silent treatment from Laura. He puts his empty cup down, gets up, and comes over to her...
    10-19-15_11-28-44nbspPM_zps83z5mw8k.png

...and does this! Right in front of Don. Ruthie is also nearby, but in the other room.
    10-19-15_11-35-49nbspPM_zpsnthrll28.png

Laura looks pleasantly surprised.
    10-19-15_11-36-52nbspPM_zpsnkzvribn.png

Duncan gives her a look that says "Don't you get any ideas about this Don guy." Sims love to love, but they can't abide betrayal (to take a passage from the original Sims prima guide book). But Laura has no intentions of romancing Don. She only wants her husband's love.
    10-19-15_11-37-30nbspPM_zpsznswhjsi.png

After the Calientes leave and Ruthie has gone upstairs to bed, Duncan sweet talks Laura into having some makeup...well, you know...! <3 That night they also slept back together again.
    10-19-15_12-47-39nbspPM_zpskuhp30uc.png
    10-19-15_12-54-27nbspPM_zpsygn2v5vl.png
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I once saw a Hello Kitty pink guitar in my local music store, so funny lol. To my surprise, it actually sounded alright for the low price

I really like your hot tub screenshots at night. I'm still on the fence about getting Perfect Patio.
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I once saw a Hello Kitty pink guitar in my local music store, so funny lol. To my surprise, it actually sounded alright for the low price

I really like your hot tub screenshots at night. I'm still on the fence about getting Perfect Patio.

Some of my favorite outfits are from Perfect Patio -- there's a men's golf shirt that's actually tucked into pants/jeans that reminds me so much of what my husband wears now that he's retired (he had to wear a uniform for work) that really looks fantastic. I think a lot of the objects with Perfect Patio will come in handy with Get Together as well for group activities; I've been thinking of making a new park with a group picnic area (like can be found in some county parks around here), and the Perfect Patio set with the barbecue and bar would be a nice addition along with the other required items.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I agree with stilljustme2. Even though Perfect Patio came with the least amount of content for the SPs, I like just about everything in it and use it all the time. :)
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    Resisting the Caliente household may be seen as a ultimate test in Sims 4. They are all so cute.

Well, I got some new stuff on sale and Anne opned a shop.
    She is taking a break from work
    [img][/img]zavSmO.png
    and then back to the customers, before they leave in frustration
    [img][/img]PD2Sj6.png

Zpj9msL.png