Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2015
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    My SimLit life, in one sentence. :lol:

Haha! I admire you for doing something so structured! :) For me, my legacy save is the only save I play so I want to keep it fun to play and let the sims take over with a bit of my interuptions - we work together haha!

The way you described it is perfect though -- a "chore". Mind you, it's one I'm more than happy to do, but I haven't played the sims "for fun" since July :lol: So I am very much looking forward to being able to do that again when D2D is finished :tongue:

Maybe someday my control-freak self will try a more relaxed structure (PN is a little bit more relaxed... but just a little :tongue:)

(Also, WOW, I have no idea how you manage just one save! When I play for fun, I have my legacy save that's my "main" one, but I have literally like 8-10 random side families I visit from time to time. I get bored with one family (says the girl who's only played one family since the summer HAHA... though "played" can be put in quotes ;) )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob @aroseinbloom - My sims write their own stories too. I just put it to words :wink: they really are good storytellers :smiley:

YES! I agree with this. Casual Colburn got hilarious when I played it yesterday xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    Hey! #teamtreat won the first round so we get Lion Door:
    22498263135_1fc29cdee0_o.jpg

We get it in black?! Ok, I'm fine now.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member

Ungh darn it! But if we do get it in black I guess it's ok...
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Speaking of pronouncing names, whenever I think of @Julyvee94 , in my mind I pronounce it like "Julie" rather than July for some reason...

Oh good, I'm not the only one! :lol:@ThePlumbob She's "Julie Vee" in my head. Hahaha

Same here! Sorry July =)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited October 2015
    Speaking of pronouncing names, whenever I think of @Julyvee94 , in my mind I pronounce it like "Julie" rather than July for some reason...

I always thought that was how it was supposed to be pronounced O.o

edit: and it seems that assumption was correct :grin:

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member

Woot woot #TeamTreat
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2015
    @CitizenErased14 I think I always preferred having the diversity of different sims play out across generations as opposed to playing rotationally. I occasionally pop to the spare's houses for a day or two, but that's about it. When I play multiple saves, I get bored of all of them and abandon them all :)
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Random question. What do you all think of when you think of blogs? I'm trying to think of a banner design to use for my new blog style story/the Hammond family and nothing is coming to mind :\
  • Options
    haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    haylz18 wrote: »

Oh good, I'm not the only one! :lol:@ThePlumbob She's "Julie Vee" in my head. Hahaha

Same here! Sorry July =)

@Julyvee94 Just saw the rest of the conversation! So its Julia and I take it 94 is your birth year? That makes more sense than doing what I did and putting my age at the time... Long gone now! Why didn't I put haylz90?! *facepalm*
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I wanted to thank everyone for leaving comments on my Let's Play videos and on my Legacies of the Sims chapters. It's so fun to read them. I really appreciate the comments! ;)
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Mu user name is my actual name Jenn (Jennifer) and the O part is...well just say it out loud. I imagine it being said by Charlie Brown with a sigh :lol:
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

Same here! Sorry July =)

@Julyvee94 Just saw the rest of the conversation! So its Julia and I take it 94 is your birth year? That makes more sense than doing what I did and putting my age at the time... Long gone now! Why didn't I put haylz90?! *facepalm*

That's true :D Well I only did it because Julyvee was already taken Oo
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    Working on finishing tomorrow's chapter (It's only about halfway done), and I'm going to try something I literally never do... (:lol:)

Normally, I edit as I go and it takes 35 million years. :tongue: That's how I did the first half of this chapter when I wrote it last night. This time, I'm going to sit here and just WRITE. I will let myself fix typos, but I'm going to try to have the self control to not go back and re-word or delete anything. Only when I'm done will I allow myself to re-read it all and start editing...

I'm hoping this will be a good move and will help me write faster. But I'm nervous, because I'm so darn set in my ways. :tongue: Wish me luck :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I really want to now the story behind @CitizenErased14 's nickname :D

:lol:@Julyvee94 "Citizen Erased" is my favorite song by my favorite band, Muse. (Go to 3:38 for true epicness :lol:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlKW77GS8Jg

And I literally have no idea where I got the 14 from. I think it was just random :lol:

I only use this nickname for SimLit, because it was my Origin name :lol: And I don't know why I didn't do my normal/usual screenname. I have no idea what I was thinking at the time haha

I'm TrebleRose89 or TrebleRose689 on basically every other site I post on haha (That name comes from my first tattoo -- a treble clef with a rose, and I was born in 89)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member

We get it in black?! Ok, I'm fine now.

LOL I know right! LOL i'm TOTALLY okay now! :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Woot AWESOME LION DOOR! (sorry for shouting--excited pirate over here!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    I wanted to thank everyone for leaving comments on my Let's Play videos and on my Legacies of the Sims chapters. It's so fun to read them. I really appreciate the comments! ;)

I LOVE reading comments they are SO fun!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    Oh no, it's been a while since writing a chapter has made me cry... -_- (I have several of these in my future... Oh boy... :lol: Unfortunately, I can give no more details, so I must suffer in silence. But oh man... this is making me super emotional... *sigh*)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Are you ready for tomorrow? Disney Princesses Bachelor Challenge/ Halloween week begins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqHeQT5mEA&sns=tw
  • Options
    NerdToTheXtremeNerdToTheXtreme Posts: 131 Member

Same here! Sorry July =)

I do that too! She is Julie V. in my head.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, this chapter is so long that I don't even know how to deal with it :lol: But I don't wanna split it! But it will officially be the longest chapter of my story haha and it seems like a mini-novel or something...
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Too much to catch up on, so Happy Timezones!

Just looking over the last pages -- I always had "Julie-V" in my head too, so happy I'm not the only one and that it was correct! Yay! It's always so interesting hearing how people came up with their online names!

On the lurkers/likers/commenters conversation: I am a lurker by nature, lol. Before I started writing, there were only a few times I actually commented, and at that time I didn't even "like" on wordpress, since I didn't have an account (and also sometimes suffer from shyness even on the web-- like, oh no! they'd see my like and might say something, and then I'd have to say something, and then it would be a whole thing..!!). So I'm fairly certain there are a lot more like me out there, silently reading and loving everyone's stories!

@CitizenErased14 I love long chapters! This sounds like a doozy of one, so I think we need all the length you feel it needs!!

@Rorygilmore34 I just caught up with your Disney Princess videos, so I'm ready!!!!! Yessssss!!!
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Also, I totally missed my birthday page & my younger sister's bicentennial page, but I made it for the baby of the family! Happy birthday page to my baby sister :grin:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top