Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2015
    @AuroraLockwood Maybe country stats? Depending on what country you're in. If you're in the U.S. or UK, it would be hard because idk about you guys, but like 80-90% of my views are from there haha (I'm making up those numbers, but you know what I mean!)

But (speaking of WP) Wordpress views always confuse me in general :lol: I have my doubts about how accurate they are! Are there a lot of spam bots who "view" WP blogs, I wonder? I am always skeptical when I randomly have like 300 views in a day haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    What's in the box?! What has Grace done? Find out today in another chapter of, Legacies of the Sims.

Thanks for this I'm on mobile at the VA hospital, fun times.
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Also I'm loling at myself again. I just went to my stat screen and got excited when I suddenly saw 83 views. Then I realized that part of those were me using my other wordpress account to add the character comments :lol:

I wonder if there's a way to tell what views are me vs everyone else :p

Probably only if you live in some weird country no one else if from xD because language stats

PS: I think if you allow google analytics you can get city stats as well I assume that would help your cause

I'm not sure the U.S. counts as some weird country nobody else is from :p
    @AuroraLockwood Maybe country stats? Depending on what country you're in. If you're in the U.S. or UK, it would be hard because idk about you guys, but like 80-90% of my views are from there haha (I'm making up those numbers, but you know what I mean!)

But (speaking of WP) Wordpress views always confuse me in general :lol: I have my doubts about how accurate they are! Are there a lot of spam bots who "view" WP blogs, I wonder? I am always skeptical when I randomly have like 300 views in a day haha

Not necessarily. I mean there are likely a lot of readers who read through but just don't comment. I read through your story a bit back though I didn't comment because I was reading it on my tablet between classes. There are likely others in similar situations.
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Also I'm loling at myself again. I just went to my stat screen and got excited when I suddenly saw 83 views. Then I realized that part of those were me using my other wordpress account to add the character comments :lol:

I wonder if there's a way to tell what views are me vs everyone else :p

@AuroraLockwood Maybe just count how many times you log in on a different account and then subtract that number from the country you're in?
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Can we handle bit of sadness from Venus and Mars today? Chapter 20 is done and there are a couple of bombshells.
    https://sims4sagas.wordpress.com/2015/10/26/venus-and-mars-chapter-20/

Also look out for a mention of a character from @Rorygilmore34 's Legacies of the Sims. Any comments and critique are welcome, this is my first big storyline...
    venus-and-mars.jpg
    edited October 2015

Not necessarily. I mean there are likely a lot of readers who read through but just don't comment. I read through your story a bit back though I didn't comment because I was reading it on my tablet between classes. There are likely others in similar situations.

True, true, I know lurk readers are definitely a thing (I'm one myself a lot of the time!). (Thank you for checking out my story, btw!)

Of course, I'm also a huge hypocrite, because as an author, I always seflishly want my lurk readers to make themselves known in some way :lol: (I have a handful who exclusively "like", but never comments *clears throat and looks at @Munterbacon * (hehe but he isn't alone) and those people too, I'm like "noooo, don't just hit "like"! Tell me what you think!"

(Again, I know I'm a hypocrite hahaha I only comment on like half the stories I read!)

Idk, maybe I have more lurkers than I think. :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png

True, true, I know lurk readers are definitely a thing (I'm one myself a lot of the time!). (Thank you for checking out my story, btw!)

Of course, I'm also a huge hypocrite, because as an author, I always seflishly want my lurk readers to make themselves known in some way :lol: (I have a handful who exclusively "like", but never comments *clears throat and looks at @Munterbacon * (hehe but he isn't alone) and those people too, I'm like "noooo, don't just hit "like"! Tell me what you think!"

(Again, I know I'm a hypocrite hahaha I only comment on like half the stories I read!)

I'm hoping that my interactive comment section will draw in some of those people. It's more fun when people comment because then I get to have more fun writing as the various characters :)

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

Of course, I'm also a huge hypocrite, because as an author, I always seflishly want my lurk readers to make themselves known in some way :lol: (I have a handful who exclusively "like", but never comments *clears throat and looks at Munterbacon * (hehe but he isn't alone) and those people too, I'm like "noooo, don't just hit "like"! Tell me what you think!"

That's exactly why I don't have a like button on my blog haha!

I've recently had a handful long-time lurk readers comment and introduce themselves, which was awesome! It takes time. But the majority of lurk-readers will never make themselves known. And that's perfectly fine. I know that before I started writing myself, I never ever commented on anything, even though I would read lots of SimLit.
  • KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    What's in the box?! What has Grace done? Find out today in another chapter of, Legacies of the Sims.

Oh dear what happened?!
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @ThePlumbob it works with me XD I always comment in your thread because I can't like XD
  • KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Has anyone had that moment when you have a doctor's appointment and your gonna be late cause your mom decided one more phone cal wouldn't hurt? Story of my life!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    OJenn wrote: »

Oh dear what happened?!

Story of my life, chronic pain. And the chronic headaches I've had for the last like 5 years. I had a bit if an oopsie this morning in the rain.
    @ThePlumbob it works with me XD I always comment in your thread because I can't like XD

Hehe mission accomplished!
    @ThePlumbob You're an evil genius hahaha

I guess a downside of having my story only last July to November means there isn't a lot of time for my lurkers to get brave enough to come out of hiding! I think when I post my last D2D chapter I will include a nice authors note basically begging my lurk readers to finally comment, since it's their last chance! Haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Ugh, it's rainy and disgusting. :( I hope it's nicer wherever all of you are.
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Guuuuys...some good news finally came my way today. I'm not ready to share quite yet, but I really needed this.

Love to you all :) Thanks for always being there to cheer me up with your zany chats while I lurk in the background.

I guess a downside of having my story only last July to November means there isn't a lot of time for my lurkers to get brave enough to come out of hiding! I think when I post my last D2D chapter I will include a nice authors note basically begging my lurk readers to finally comment, since it's their last chance! Haha

I think that might work - once it's completed if people stuck with you till the end they might be more inclined to let you know :)

But lurkers are great though, they leave room for imagination! Also some of them may not be that confident with their English which might be another reason why they stay in the shadows - though you did mention most of your readers are US or UK-based... actually, according to my stats I have a fair few Australian readers and none of them have ever commented *shrugs*
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Guuuuys...some good news finally came my way today. I'm not ready to share quite yet, but I really needed this.

Love to you all :) Thanks for always being there to cheer me up with your zany chats while I lurk in the background.

Yay! Whatever it is, I'm so happy for you!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |

Yay! That's awesome to hear @aroseinbloom , no matter what it is <3
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @JoieWilder now that it's winter time again it got dark at 6 pm :( But at least it's not raining so that's nice

@aroseinbloom YAY *cheers* so glad you got some good news whatever it is ^^
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    @eXokamikaze Waffles :) And we went to an arabic Pizza place it was a new experience and soooo yummy. I had noodles with seafood and it was so tasty but also very much. I had to roll to the Hostel xD

Yum! *ninjapig has heart eyes* We both approve of such a delicious weekend. Arabic pizza sounds really interesting! :)
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

I think that might work - once it's completed if people stuck with you till the end they might be more inclined to let you know :)

But lurkers are great though, they leave room for imagination! Also some of them may not be that confident with their English which might be another reason why they stay in the shadows - though you did mention most of your readers are US or UK-based... actually, according to my stats I have a fair few Australian readers and none of them have ever commented *shrugs*

Actually I just doubled checked and it's really only 60% from the U.S. and UK Hahaha but it felt like more! (My third most views come from Germany... I feel like half of them are probably @Julyvee94 :tongue: )

I'm hoping my author's note thing works -- we'll see! :) Scary to think I'll be writing it in just a few weeks haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Thank you, @Julyvee94, @ThePlumbob and @SummerFalls...you are all fantastic and I hope that I'm ready to share with you all soon <3
    Yay for good news @aroseinbloom !!! I'm glad things are looking up :)
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top