Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way to attached to my sim...

So I've been playing the same family for a while now, and it's plagued with accidental deaths (i posted a thread while back about how I must be an unlucky player because of how many accidental deaths i've had in this one family XD)

Anyway despite the odds stacked against her this sim has survived where other family members haven't. Unluckily this means i've grown attached to her.. So now she's got to the stage where her life bar is flashing and a natural death could occur any day now.. so well... I haven't actually played that family in days because I really love this sim XD. She's had two loverly children and I have an heir all picked out. I was originally going to save her for the release of get together so she could start a club, I had it all planned out in my mind but got to impatient to wait after they announced the delay.

She's just such a cute sim and neither of her kids got the right genetics from her. I just love how her parents features merged in the game and i've just really enjoyed playing her for some reason! I feel a little sad that her grave stone is about to join the family graveyard :(

So have you ever become really attached to one of your sims?

(As a side note I play with a normal life span, i never turn ageing off because for me half the fun of the game is seeing them go from birth to death)
tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
//Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I put way too much thought on creating sims. So yes, I become attached to them. That's why I play with aging off.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    My sims live in a world of butter and smiles. I can't stand seeing anything bad happen to any of them. :p So, yes.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes. I get really attached to my sims. It's why I play aging off. I want them to get to enjoy whatever is coming to the game in the future. lol. Silly, I know!
  • Options
    policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    The sim I created that is modeled and named after my husband I am way too attached to. While my simself has died I have kept him along from the very beginning! I love him to much! ❤️
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Yes. I get really attached to my sims. It's why I play aging off. I want them to get to enjoy whatever is coming to the game in the future. lol. Silly, I know!

That's actually a great justification for keeping aging off! :p Love it. I keep it off, too.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I get attached to a good majority of my sims. Some sims I don't particularly care for but the ones I see with long family lines I usually go for. And when I've gotten bored with that family, I move on to another family legacy and see how far I go with them.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I used to get attached to my sim but it stopped sometime with TS3, but it didn't start until TS2. I would cry when they died like they were actual family members. TS1 I couldn't care less is they died though.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

That's actually a great justification for keeping aging off! :p Love it. I keep it off, too.

lol, well the first couple that I created way back with the demo before we got the game were the first ones to enjoy the hot tub woohoo. It just seemed like the right thing to do :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    I had one Sim in TS3 that tested all my worlds. I liked her so she was saved to the bin to always be there with me and to run and live in my worlds. She's got* family in one and is NPC in others but not all.
    I just liked her and would change personalities and goals and let her die and then the next world she was back and being her fun self.

In TS2 I always saved Sims I like once I learned Body Shop was the way to make and Save them.

Not so much now. I haven't played enough but I'm sure once I do there will be one Sims I will really like.
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Right now, I can't play my favorite sims family cause of the weird thing with aliens where if you edit their face, it doesn't transfer to the other ages. she's my all time favorite Sim I've ever made (aka the Sim in my signature)
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Potion of youth! I'm still playing the very first sim I created for Sims 4. Talk about attachment issues! LoL
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Right now, I can't play my favorite sims family cause of the weird thing with aliens where if you edit their face, it doesn't transfer to the other ages. she's my all time favorite Sim I've ever made (aka the Sim in my signature)

I've seen her before! she looks super cute!

I totally get why people play with ageing off now XD

@SimsAddiction968 I completely forgot about that! I was trying to graft a death flower but its taking to long atm (none of my sims in the family had bothered with gardening yet)
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    IbeanobswifeIbeanobswife Posts: 166 Member
    I like seeing the life cycle also so I leave aging on. I have a couple sims I am attached to (one just died and I brought her ghost back to thr household). I have been using the potion of youth to get more time when I feel it's not their time.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I usually don't get attached and I've played all sims games for years. That's why it took me by complete surprise when I noticed I was quite attached to a sim all of a sudden after having played TS3 for years. It's not her looks, I don't know what it is. I can't help but like her :blush: She has a adult son but I just can't seem to move on. She's a genie so she's still young.

I actually have a family I am very attached to in TS4, its at generation four at the moment and I love all of them. They amuse me to with small things, like I can get 8 girls in a row in some families but in this one I have gotten all boys for generations. No matter the save or the rotation of played households :smiley:
    Sad thing is they will never be a "real" family again as the save they started in is long gone and since they are more than eight at the moment I can't place them in a save at once so they lose family relations every time I place them in a new save. :neutral:

I actually had the first and second gen family uploaded to the gallery but had to remove them as I just couldn't share. Which is strange for me :blush: When I first started they weren't even supposed to be a anything special, just sims to waste time with, like I always do, but I haven't grown tired of them yet so some of them always find their way into my saves.

I have more sims in TS4 I'm attached to as well. I guess the gallery and the ease of saving them to the library and placing them somewhere else with skills and jobs makes it ideal for me as I usually don't stay with a save for long, which now makes it possible for me to actually get attached as they easily can accompany me through the thousands of saves I will start and abandon with time.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    It's rare when it happens. It actually only happened in Sims 2, but I always let them die because I like to play with generations, but that doesn't mean it easy to let go.
    I actually started to play Sims 3 again and I got attached to a sim I'm playing with right now. She's 2 generation, and she's actually in my picture. I really like her.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've grown very attached to the sim in my profile. She was actually made her and she was "married" into my game. I'm doing the legendary legacy and she was my second heir's wife. She literally just aged to an elder and I couldn't play longer than one more sim day before I got too sad and closed the game out. I have her in my library for future games, but to see her go will be hard on me.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2015
    Probably not since TS2 days have I been attached to my Sims. I have my favorites in this game, too, and keep aging off for them and luckily I zap any emotional death that may be starting to occur if they get too playful, too angry and or too whatever. I look after them. But any other Sim is fair game to suffer an emotional death. lol But I really don't worry about any of them in this game since emotional deaths are so rare and easy to catch their mood and change it by walking through the house in most cases.

But in TS2 I had the tools to keep my Sims alive forever. And I did. I loved that game because within the same household I could age Sims and or make Sims younger with the Elixir of Life jug. Drink it a few times to age them back six days. Drink it a few times to age them up a little closer to old age by six days. And I had the grimy phone in case he wouldn't bargain and save them. I would just call him up and pay to get them back. I always had a back up plan in case my favorite Sims got into trouble. :p

So, in one game (I loved these Sims) I created all the Dark Shadows 'family' and David stayed a child forever, while his aunt Elizabeth got older. But there was a bug once that when she drank the elixir she got younger but Quentin and Maggie Evans (the governess) got older. I don't know what was going on with that thing but I did notice this bug. It finally worked itself out and was great for a story in my head.

I also had many more characters in TS2 that if they became friends with my Sherlock Holmes (his clients, lol) I would not let them die by accident or buy them back from grim reaper. But I had a lot of fun torturing all others who were kidnapped and kept in Doctor Seward's asylum until they rolled a want outside their normal trait system. Some never did, so they died there in the towers,....by many different means. Like by electrocution when I used the career reward on them to get them to talk with that lie detector chair, >:) and or when their night terrors got to be too much for them from aspiration failure...and I never let Dracula die in my TS2 or Vanhelsing, they were a lot of fun.

Not to say I always play characters, but most of the time but in the mist of all this going on in my TS2 hood there were regular families I cared for very much and grew their kids from cradle to grave and they were just as important and elderly got to live in a spiffy retirement home of mine. So, yeah, zombies, vamps, mad scientist, werewolves and witches, some died by 'accident' and some live today. :p

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I get attached to mine, and I fight the urge to buy and use the Potion of Youth every time a birthday comes up. I played my Sim up to an elder once, but I got tired of waiting for them to die and ended the game before that could happen. I'll likely do the same again with this new game.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I had one Sim in TS3 that tested all my worlds. I liked her so she was saved to the bin to always be there with me and to run and live in my worlds. She's got* family in one and is NPC in others but not all.
    I just liked her and would change personalities and goals and let her die and then the next world she was back and being her fun self.

In TS2 I always saved Sims I like once I learned Body Shop was the way to make and Save them.

Not so much now. I haven't played enough but I'm sure once I do there will be one Sims I will really like.

;) Melonie Bloom, created in The Sims 3, late 2009.
    Screenshot-730.jpg

Played again and again as TS3 expansion packs came out.
    Mip2.jpg

First TS3 sim to cross over to TS4.
    09-05-14_8-11nbspAM.png

And still evolving as EA content and custom content comes out.
    I may reboot her and all her friends in a fresh save when Get Together comes out.
    09-20-15_7-56nbspAM-6.png

Only aged to elder in TS3 once ( I wasn't playing her at the time) and never died.
    She's my Justine Keaton. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds