Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Rumor] Star Wars stuff pack? (Updated!) (Updated Again!)

Comments

• Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    If this had been real, a lot of people would have been really angry. Even if this pack had been a plan at one time the reaction to the star wars costumes they patched in must've made them see the light!
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    How is this a good way to improve Sims and why are they selling stuff in one game to promote a whole other one. To be honest this sounds so dumb I really do believe that EA would do this.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol! Silly.

1.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My reaction to this:

[img]http://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/56948907.jpg[/img]
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    You too Colton?
    the fall of an top user
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hmm, we just got a Spooky stuff pack with costumes soI personally don't really think it's true, but you can never know for sure ofcourse.

Edit - Just saw the tweet that it's not real, which was to be expected. :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Something like that needs to be an EP with its own world that fits the genre. Otherwise it's just some wacky costumes. Boring.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Good wind-up, I really enjoyed some of the responses! :D
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Where is the flubbing LOL button when you need it! So much funny in this thread and I can't even LOL it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Hey I was born the year the original star wars came out witch is actually part 4 of the series. I know this is not real but It would be some cool stuff if it was.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well the new Star Wars movie hits theaters on Dec 18th of this year. So I'm wondering if this Star Wars Stuff pack was suppose to have been Dec's release. What do you guys think? Do you think that this Star Wars Stuff pack is real or false? I'm starting think that maybe this Star Wars Stuff Pack could be real because of the new Star Wars movie. And EA own the rights to the Star Wars games now. So there's absolutely nothing stopping EA from releasing a Star Wars Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Well the new Star Wars movie hits theaters on Dec 18th of this year. So I'm wondering if this Star Wars Stuff pack was suppose to have been Dec's release. What do you guys think? Do you think that this Star Wars Stuff pack is real or false? I'm starting think that maybe this Star Wars Stuff Pack could be real because of the new Star Wars movie. And EA own the rights to the Star Wars games now. So there's absolutely nothing stopping EA from releasing a Star Wars Stuff Pack.

It's already been confirmed a few pages ago by a Simguru to be a hoax.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

It's already been confirmed a few pages ago by a Simguru to be a hoax.
    Yeah, I was just reading about that in a bit that Simsvip has up on their page about all the fake news about the game that has been floating around on the web lately. At the end of the first paragraph in the article it said this { Star Wars Stuff anyone}. When they said that, I instantly thought that the Star Wars Stuff Pack was a hoax, since it came from an unreliable source.

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    I hope this is true because the thought of it is hilarious. I literally have tears in my eyes from laughing right now. Oh please Maxis make this happen. The sims 4 is almost perfect, all it needs to reach ultimate perfection is $10 worth of star wars stuff.

I so agree, The Sims will be perfect with more Costumes <3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    I guess I'm one of the only ones who wants to buy a Stuff Pack that would be completely optional to buy that contains Star Wars Costumes, buy or don't buy it'll probably be more popular than allot of you guys think, especially since Star Wars is a huge franchise loved by many, including me. I hope it's true.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    They´d be "not so smart" to pass up the opportunity to make some profits from the Star Wars Hype. So, granted, this was just a rumor, but I think it would be worth to make it real. Okay, it´s more on the line of WANTING them to make it real B)

I´m not on my gaming comp at the moment, so I only have this lousy pic of what Star Wars fanservice looked like in Sims 2:
    snapshot_83235081_8323566f_zpshobnbvdg.jpg
    Google Shaklin´s lightsabre mod of you´re interested. It was a modification of the pillow fight interaction.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I'd be first in line to get it. My guys already love the pictures of outfits my sims run around wearing.
    So a huge YES PLEASE!
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    It has to be a joke. Not even Maxis is this 'funny'. But on the other hand, that's another pack I don't have to spend money on.

@Aine Sorry off topic, but well gee, that guy in the profile pic looks like he could be my avatar's twin :wink:
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    What's so wrong with a Star Wars Stuff Pack?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It has to be a joke. Not even Maxis is this 'funny'. But on the other hand, that's another pack I don't have to spend money on.

@Aine Sorry off topic, but well gee, that guy in the profile pic looks like he could be my avatar's twin :wink:

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about. ;) Here's a thing that goes Ding. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    The studio that makes the Star Wars video games is Bioware, and EA owns that studio too. I know this because Bioware also makes the Dragon Age Origin video game franchise too. But EA might not want to release a Star Wars Stuff Pack because Disney owns the film rights to Star Wars. So there might be some legal conflict in that. And that could be why EA isn't wanting to release the stuff pack, even though EA owns the gaming rights to the Star Wars franchise.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about. ;) Here's a thing that goes Ding. :D

Ooh I love things that go ding! *ding!* And here's a banana, I heard they're a good source of potassium :wink:
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would <3 a Star Wars Stuff Pack. Gimme gimme, or let me buy it.

Got back i to the SWTOR MMO and my guild now, would be really happy to have some of my Star Wars love in the Sims as well. More Twilek-hats please for all. Not just women so I can play with them as a sci-fi life state. There are so many stories I would want to play out with more Star Wars hats and costumes ingame. Hope we will get it one day :smile:
  • Options
    bethanyablottbethanyablott Posts: 85 Member
    This is fake. The stuff there advertising in the cover is already in the game.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    This is fake. The stuff there advertising in the cover is already in the game.
    Maybe in the game already. Keep in mind that there many Star Wars stories out there already with many different characters in them, and many different costumes and stuff too. To say that this is fake based on the Star Wars stuff that's already in the game would be a mistake on the fact that we don't know what Star Wars stuff that they were referring too. They could have been referring to light sabers, speeders, other costumes, and other Star Wars stuff that isn't in the game already. And there are lots of Star Wars stuff from the new movie that none of us has seen yet. The person or people that started posting about this fake Star Wars Stuff Pack might have been referring to the stuff in the new movie just as well.