March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    *waves* I am up a bit early today since the fiance had to go in 2 hours early and I needed the car.

@JoieWilder -Loralee is gorgeous :) And that picture makes me want to get a different CAS background now since mine is white, mainly for editing.

Question for Joie and other builders, if someone downloads your houses would you be incredibly offended if they redecorated the interior? Well maybe not offended but would it bother you at all? I ask because I tend to look for shells to download and I love decorating but much like @Munterbacon and @BBQPenguinwings I love my clutter so I tend to redecorate and clutterize places. And eventually these would get posted to my tumblr where I would credit the builder.

I'm totally fine with someone making changes to any of my builds, as long as credit is given for the shell. Interior design is so personal - colour, style, placement, etc... As Joie said, I would find it fascinating to see other peoples takes on my builds.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @Julyvee94 You mean like the drop down menus? How do I add those?
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    @AuroraLockwood I like the style and it all seems straightforward enough. Love the idea of it being a blog owned by a sim! I haven't got time to read the posts properly right now but will come back later =)
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited October 2015

Go to menus then click on the + next to a menu item it will give you the Option to add a submenu item, it's under "add menu item underneath". Then you can link any Page to that ^^

I'm on mobile so I can't really check how it works but the Option is in the menu menu (weird name)
    edited October 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

Go to menus then click on the + next to a menu item it will give you the Option to add a submenu item, it's under "add menu item underneath". Then you can link any Page to that ^^

I'm on mobile so I can't really check how it works but the Option is in the menu menu (weird name)

@Julyvee94 Thanks I got that set up now. Drop downs for each story and clicking on stories brings you to the original table of contents page :)

• Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Happy Time Zones all!!

I sit here with coffee in the air conditioning.......yup, you heard right and no, it's not hot outside. Why does this place have air conditioning when it's not needed? That's for Market Street execs to figure out why they are spending money using it when it's not needed. *sigh*

Anyway, today and tomorrow are my long days which means no simming! I wish I could access my photos from the marathon simming I did yesterday cause I'd update if I could. I might TRY to update tonight cause Molly got a promotion and she's wearing fantastic face paint to work every day!! Dax is gettin' friendly with Grimmy (might as well for a smooth transition) and little Immogen needs to get with meeting new people. For once, I'd like to see her make friends IN school like they did in sims 2......makes sense right? We shall see.

Also, I want to play Michael and his new wife Janet some.....that'll probably be over next weekend. Sim time for me will happen on Wednesday this week for sure......MAYBE Friday too if work's meeting doesn't take forever. Past this week and weekend, it will be few and far between until the second weekend of the month seeing as how I work 2 weeks straight without a break..... :)

Hope all have/had/are having a good day!!
    @Bear31 on the thing of accessing your screenshots: I have an imgur Account and after a simming Session I upload all my screenshots as an Album to my Account so I can Access them anywhere :)

@Julyvee94 Thanks I got that set up now. Drop downs for each story and clicking on stories brings you to the original table of contents page :)

I checked it out it looks great! :) maybe you clarify on the blogstyled aspect above those content tables too in case people don't read your Homepage ^^
    @Bear31 on the thing of accessing your screenshots: I have an imgur Account and after a simming Session I upload all my screenshots as an Album to my Account so I can Access them anywhere :)

Maybe I ought to look into getting one. Is imgur easier to upload photos than tiny pic? I'd love to use this time to do updates if I want to and can......would leave Wednesday's with plenty of play time if I did! I always like to clear out photos from my screenshots folder after I'm done. :)
    Bear31 wrote: »

Maybe I ought to look into getting one. Is imgur easier to upload photos than tiny pic? I'd love to use this time to do updates if I want to and can......would leave Wednesday's with plenty of play time if I did! I always like to clear out photos from my screenshots folder after I'm done. :)

It is ^^ you can upload all pics at once and if you have an Account imgur automatically creates an Album from the pics you updated which means its easy to structure and find screenshots ^^
  • NoaLynNoaLyn Posts: 291 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone!

And happy Birthday @Meggles :)

Aaand it's my dad's birthyear! Just 24 more pages to go until mine :)

@CitizenErased14 What a beautiful family tree! Your sims are really extraordinary pretty :)
    vBp04Gl.png
    -//My Simpress\\-
    -//My Simblr\\-
    -//Origin ID: NoaLyn\\-
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2015
    Happy timezones guys!

@JoieWilder I'm actually a few chapters behind yet, so I'll need to hold off answering that for you, but I have lots of time this week so I should be able to catch up again; all make sure to leave some feedback once I'm all caught up! :)

On another note... My silly sims refuse to be happy. I need to write some uplifting chapters but they're giving me nothing :D

It is ^^ you can upload all pics at once and if you have an Account imgur automatically creates an Album from the pics you updated which means its easy to structure and find screenshots ^^

Does it cost anything to have an account or is it free?

I checked it out it looks great! :) maybe you clarify on the blogstyled aspect above those content tables too in case people don't read your Homepage ^^

Done, I added a paragraph between the character photo and the table of contents on each page that states that it's a blog styled story :)

Thank you for all the advice :star:
    edited October 2015
    Those pics of Atomium look awesome @Julyvee94 ! Hope you had a great time!
    edited October 2015
    Lol, I just realized I just spammed my own blog notifications. It turns out wordpress notifies you when someone posts a link to one of your blog pages and I just copy and pasted my whole table of contents :p so suddenly a notification popped up for every chapter of Rosa's blog :lol: (I am probably finding this funnier than it really is admittedly :p )

@Bear31 Imgur is free :)
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    In case you missed it!!!!

BRAND new Emma Excursion guys!! where i answer some of your questions!! Watch it here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBDeaMeuLU
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    Hey lovelies!

Still drowning in tests but at least it will be over by this weekend and I'll finally get back to playing *tries to resist until then*

But what matters is that all my procrastination is being caused by @ThePlumbob 's awesome story!! I would've commented all the chapters but I'm too excited to know what happens next to wait even for a minute. Also, for some reason my tablet doesn't seem to like your blog and freezes every time I try to comment so I'll just keep reading everything like crazy and do a massive comment when I finally catch up.

Hope everything is great with all of you! <3
    [

Totally free :)
    Lol, I just realized I just spammed my own blog notifications. It turns out wordpress notifies you when someone posts a link to one of your blog pages and I just copy and pasted my whole table of contents :p so suddenly a notification popped up for every chapter of Rosa's blog :lol: (I am probably finding this funnier than it really is admittedly :p )

Hahaha I noticed that too, I think you even have to approve of your own links XD its kinda weird
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    @JoieWilder - Honestly, as a reader, I feel very satisfied with how generation one is ending. I am so freaking happy for Camille I could burst! I will always be curious about how they are doing though I think.

I agree with, @OJenn I'm super happy with how everything is going. I wanted
    to hug Camille through the screen. :)
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    *flails excitedly* I figured out the barn-style roof finally! *does a happy dance*
    *flails excitedly* I figured out the barn-style roof finally! *does a happy dance*

Sounds great do you have a picture? ^^
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    Hey lovelies!

Still drowning in tests but at least it will be over by this weekend and I'll finally get back to playing *tries to resist until then*

But what matters is that all my procrastination is being caused by @ThePlumbob 's awesome story!! I would've commented all the chapters but I'm too excited to know what happens next to wait even for a minute. Also, for some reason my tablet doesn't seem to like your blog and freezes every time I try to comment so I'll just keep reading everything like crazy and do a massive comment when I finally catch up.

Hope everything is great with all of you! <3

Aww thanks @BruNCC93 ! So glad you're enjoying the story and hope I'm not distracting you from studying too much!

Hmm that's weird with the freezing - I mainly use my tablet too but I've never had issues. What browser are you using?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top