Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    @JoieWilder your legacy is actually one of the first I started reading. I love the different perspectives.

I actually left most of my images on Weebly, so their still hosted there. So I'm not exactly sure about the issue you're talking about. I do know though that you can search your images, so you could try a naming system that would make finding the pics you want easier. Something like: [insert story name here]_Chaper1_pic1

That's actually really helpful, thank you!

Awwww! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!
  • KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    wpid-wp-1445808891325.png
    Saw this on fb

O...M...G... YAAAAAS!!!!! LOL I'm SOOOOO saving this! :D

LMAO my life.Literally my life. My fiance and I are working on some back story for our rp characters and I was literally staring into the refrigerator looking for something when the story struck me.

Lol, I will be driving and this happens to me and I will be like oh plumbob lol
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Saw this on fb

LMAO my life.Literally my life. My fiance and I are working on some back story for our rp characters and I was literally staring into the refrigerator looking for something when the story struck me.

Lol yes! This LITERALLY happened to me yesterday... LOL I already have a base plot for the 3rd season of Sul Sul before the second one is even started LOL :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited October 2015
    Saw this on fb

Know what's going to sound crazy? :lol: I've legitimately taken showers before when I don't even need to JUST to get those good shower thoughts and plan a chapter :lol: (Then I jump out of the shower and go straight to the computer and start writing :lol:). I feel like a sim taking a "thoughtful shower" :lol: But it works! I come out feeling "inspired" for sure ;)

Car rides are also very good, but shower is my #1. I think 90% of the D2D plot came about in the shower. O_o hahahaha It's so strange where you can get inspiration from!
    snvAF3B.png
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »
    One more chapter to screenshot. I want to post the last two at the same time.

@SummerFalls how did you make your family tree for the Divine's? I've got a family tree on familyecho but it's not exactly pretty.

I did mine on photoshop after being inspired by @ThePlumbob!
    I used a website called Trianglify to generate the background and I edited the photos of my Devines and joined them up with lines.

That reminds me, that tree needs editing.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    Hey! My mum was born in 1964 xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    edited October 2015
    Okay, can I change the topic entirely and ask a weird question? :lol: What site do people use to make those awesome family trees I've seen around here for legacies? Even though D2D would have a very small family tree, I've been thinking it would be nice to make one if for no other reason than to admire those fabulous Ainsworth genetics through the generations :lol: But I don't know what site to use. (I could always make my own from scratch, but I figured I'd ask!)

EDIT: WOW. I just saw that someone else asked about family trees and @SummerFalls answered right before I posted. :lol: So maybe it's not a website after all?
    snvAF3B.png
  • haylz18haylz18 Posts: 182 Member
    Saw this on fb

Know what's going to sound crazy? :lol: I've legitimately taken showers before when I don't even need to JUST to get those good shower thoughts and plan a chapter :lol: (Then I jump out of the shower and go straight to the computer and start writing :lol:). I feel like a sim taking a "thoughtful shower" :lol: But it works! I come out feeling "inspired" for sure ;)

Car rides are also very good, but shower is my #1. I think 90% of the D2D plot came about in the shower. O_o hahahaha It's so strange where you can get inspiration from!

@CitizenErased14 I've done the shower thing too! I also find that I'll get an idea when I'm trying to get to sleep, thats when my brain decides to wake up and go "I've got a great storyline! You have to get up and do this NOW!" Which is a bit annoying at 1am... Anyone else had that? Lol
    venus-and-mars.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    haylz18 wrote: »
    Saw this on fb

@CitizenErased14 I've done the shower thing too! I also find that I'll get an idea when I'm trying to get to sleep, thats when my brain decides to wake up and go "I've got a great storyline! You have to get up and do this NOW!" Which is a bit annoying at 1am... Anyone else had that? Lol

Fortunately for me, I get ideas when I do the dishes--and when I take long walks or sit in the garden!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Happy birthyear-page to your mom! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Okay, can I change the topic entirely and ask a weird question? :lol: What site do people use to make those awesome family trees I've seen around here for legacies? Even though D2D would have a very small family tree, I've been thinking it would be nice to make one if for no other reason than to admire those fabulous Ainsworth genetics through the generations :lol: But I don't know what site to use. (I could always make my own from scratch, but I figured I'd ask!)

EDIT: WOW. I just saw that someone else asked about family trees and @SummerFalls answered right before I posted. :lol: So maybe it's not a website after all?

I don't have photoshop, but maybe we could get the same effect with photoscape?
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    happy.png

And I finally have all the original "This is NOT me!" posts transferred to my blog, and earlier I said there would be a surprise announcement once I had them all up.

Well since it had kind of an abrupt end (and ended up getting finished in a Lockwood Tales update which doesn't really fit the new blog) I am happy to announce that before starting Alex's story I am going to write up some extra updates for Rosa's blog to help finish things off a little bit better :D

And the best news of all. You don't have to wait for the because not one, or two, but the three final chapters are all now up over at my blog :)

Here are the links to the last three chapters

https://drakehammondsims.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/this-is-not-me-post-13/

https://drakehammondsims.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/this-is-not-me-post-14/

https://drakehammondsims.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/this-is-not-me-final-post/

Thank you to everyone who originally followed "This is NOT me!" and I hope you will enjoy the upcoming continuation with Alexandria :)
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hello! Thank you for the welcome. :blush:
    *takes some cake*
    D2D was more than worthy of a binge read! Although now I'm sad because I actually have to wait for the next part.

Now I'm just wading through all the stories on the thread, so many to read but I'm trying to write at the same time. :tongue:

Maybe @CathyTea can put your story up on the first post of this thread? I believe THIS is the link

Hiya! I just added you to the directory on our first page, @SimmerSteffie ! If you want to be part of the birthday club (which just means that on your birthday you'll receive lots of happy returns of the day!), then please PM me with your birth date (just month and day, not the year!).

Glad to have you here!

• Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Hello all! How are my wonderful lovelies?

@Bear31 I'm so happy you've started reading. :) I love getting new readers.

WOO HOO!! I only hope that you have read some of my stuff too and enjoyed! :)

Still in game and Immogen is cute as ever.........she is currently tired, so I am trying to help her out with the mental skill........

Where do I find your stuff?

Hang tight......in game still (Immogen is a Creative prodigy!! Woot!!) I'll PM it to you doesn't get lost here......any here that need it again let me know and I'll PM!! ;)

If it's like Photoshop, probably!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Happy birthyear-page to your mom! :)

Ah I missed my mom's by one page.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited October 2015
    *takes some cake*
    D2D was more than worthy of a binge read! Although now I'm sad because I actually have to wait for the next part.

Now I'm just wading through all the stories on the thread, so many to read but I'm trying to write at the same time. :tongue:

Maybe @CathyTea can put your story up on the first post of this thread? I believe THIS is the link

Hiya! I just added you to the directory on our first page, @SimmerSteffie ! If you want to be part of the birthday club (which just means that on your birthday you'll receive lots of happy returns of the day!), then please PM me with your birth date (just month and day, not the year!).

Glad to have you here!

@CathyTea Her birthday IS September 25th! (Is my memory right?)

Edit; Changed was to is because... obvious reasons.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

May be worth it to try! (once I finish screenshotting this chapter... *tries to focus* :lol:)

snvAF3B.png

Glad to have you here!

@CathyTea Can I be added to the birthday club please? Just realised you have no one for November, what a travesty ;) Mines the 15th

venus-and-mars.jpg
  • KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Whiskey smells soooooo good...lol and no I am not drinking it just got a teensy bit for mom (cough syrup)
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    *rolls in like ninjapig* Went to Red Lobster with my parents for a day-early birthday meal. Mmmmm...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I answered @CitizenErased14 in PM but I will post it here too. I use http://www.familyecho.com/ for family trees mainly since I do a lot of photoshop work already lol.
    haylz18 wrote: »

Glad to have you here!

@CathyTea Can I be added to the birthday club please? Just realised you have no one for November, what a travesty ;) Mines the 15th

Yay! November baby! Got you added haylz! :)

Yay! November baby! Got you added haylz! :)

Thanks =)

venus-and-mars.jpg
  • SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    *takes some cake*

Glad to have you here!

@CathyTea Her birthday IS September 25th! (Is my memory right?)

Edit; Changed was to is because... obvious reasons.

Yes. :tongue: September 25, thank you!

This is probably a hard question to answer via forum but I'm trying to make a page on wordpress the "homepage" that you land on when you arrive on the site - is there any easy way to do that? I feel like I don't know how to use a computer. xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top