Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 should look like this

Comments

• DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    These aren't ultra realistic. They are, however, high quality, at least when it comes to texture and lighting.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    These aren't ultra realistic. They are, however, high quality, at least when it comes to texture and lighting.
    I spot Doctor Who in the background along with the TARDIS. <3 Yep those would work although the cleavage could be better.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    Scobre I agree with you on this one I would love to see the hands and feet more detailed :)
    Oops sorry cut out the picture :/
    Yeah I've used mods to edit hands and feet in the Sims games before. It helps. I think this thread is something @SimGuruMeatball could look at next week. Tell us what might be possible four years from now or not.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    There's what's possible, what's practical, and what's easy. Three guesses on which route Maxis will take.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    While those are pretty pictures I really like the cartoony art style of the Sims 4. I think it really fits the quirkiness of the Sims in general. For this series I really think that super realistic doesn't suit it. But to each their own :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    edited October 2015
    While those are pretty pictures I really like the cartoony art style of the Sims 4. I think it really fits the quirkiness of the Sims in general. For this series I really think that super realistic doesn't suit it. But to each their own :3
    Generally I see Simmers put Sims 3 style CC hair on their Sims anyway especially in the happy thread and CK213's post. I think even Sims 4 players like having their Sims look a bit more realistic. What I liked about the Sims is that there is a balance between realism (human Sims) and fantasy (supernaturals) and would like that reflected in the Sims 5 next time. So super cartoon I don't think suits it either but reminds me of the MySims series.
    mysims-wii-screenshot2.jpg?cb=1412975077

CC does do wonders in the Sims 4.
    CC%20comparison%20without_zpshtwvk6ye.jpg
    CC%20comparison%20with_zpsuqaukbvv.jpg

Basically I don't want the Sims look too cartoon like the Sims 4 or too realistic like the Sims 3. I want a balance.
    edited October 2015
    One thing though, if I could have a toddler look like Boo, I'd love it.
    latest?cb=20130704174235
    latest?cb=20111210172745

I like the look of some of the Pixar/Disney movies. It brings a perfect balance of realism and cartoon I'd like to see in the Sims.

This is an awesome picture too of the balance I would like.
    71742-bigthumbnail.jpg
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    @Scobre I sort of agree. I'd like the Sims to be kinda between real and fantasy. Though I don't feel Sims 4 is too cartoony, I guess the only "super cartoony" part of Sims 4 would probably be the hair I suppose but I kinda like it. Everything else, especially the landscape is really beautiful and I don't really consider it cartoony. I'm not a fan at all of the stringy cc hair xD
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
    edited October 2015
    @Scobre I sort of agree. I'd like the Sims to be kinda between real and fantasy. Though I don't feel Sims 4 is too cartoony, I guess the only "super cartoony" part of Sims 4 would probably be the hair I suppose but I kinda like it. Everything else, especially the landscape is really beautiful and I don't really consider it cartoony. I'm not a fan at all of the stringy cc hair xD
    Yeah hair and eyelashes. I hope those are improved next time. I use a ton of CC just to make it look different. LOL there are actually some nice Maxis matched CC hairs out there too especially by lumialoversims.

I kind of like the little details like age spots, wrinkles, moles, and scars that help each Sim look different. I do know I had a ton of fun with the hair and eyelashes in the Sims 3. Being able to make highlights and different hair colors is a fun experience.
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    I honestly wish Sims 5 can look like modded Skyrim
    positively Epicurean
  • DelsabreDelsabre Posts: 137 Member
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Delsabre wrote: »

Totally agree with this.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2015
    I like TS3 take on realism but still a balance of fantasy. The sims and the world are both a step in the right direction. There would be quite some improvements to be made though based on the skin, eyes, hair, textures, world, etc. But because TS4 showed the route EA prefers to go, then I'll just be fine using CC to achieve a bit more realism in TS3.

sq4c2d.jpg
    2j10y2t.jpg
    akejdh.jpg

I do not like the bloom effect nor do I like the cartoony nature of TS4 among the going back in time and then downgrading. There is no balance like TS2/TS3. I prefer TS3 the most because it is the most in-depth (in some areas) and the most mature in the series.
    2pi01.jpg
    2d0ht13.jpg
    2ib1c9e.jpg
    Tip the scale to overall cartoon land and there is no realism to appeal to the realists who wants a mature but still T rated life simulator.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Baby_max_mr_002_walkDark.jpgcbc46eb2-7fe9-43b9-9c23-a2353d06884aLarge.jpg
    ^Toddler.
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Sims 5 should be an FPS.
  • ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    > @CK213 said:
    > Hermionie?
    >
    >
    > Wait.
    > I thought she hated divination.
    >
    > That's kind of what my CC TS4 sims look like...
    > ...until they step out of CAS. :p
    >
    > These are what my sims looked like when I first got the game...
    >
    >
    > These are what they are like now.

Are they like... supposed to improve?
    Looks the same tbh.
    giphy.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited October 2018
    plopppo wrote: »
    Baby_max_mr_002_walkDark.jpgcbc46eb2-7fe9-43b9-9c23-a2353d06884aLarge.jpg
    ^Toddler.

Definately overly realistic.
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    > @Sorak4 said:
    > plopppo wrote: »
    >
    >
    > ^Toddler.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thing looks like it's saying
    > FITE ME IRL M8, I'LL REK U

so funnay ha he ha :F
    giphy.gif
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited October 2015
    I think it looks like a human toddler Gollum.

gollum4.jpg
  • SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    There's what's possible, what's practical, and what's easy. Three guesses on which route Maxis will take.

All of them, in some way or another. We could probably do all of these images as is, today, with our current engine with some tweaks. BUT, then you would probably have to sacrifice a whole lot of other things, simulation, build / buy, number of Sims on screen etc.

Realism has never been part of our game, we've never aimed for it. For me personally, in my own little ideal world, I would like to offer the players a sliding scale, where they could adjust the level of detail (read "realism" if you'd like). It would be very difficult to pull off though so probably not very realistic.
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    If the Sims looked that realistic it would be kind of scary. I'm happy with the element of "not quite real." :smile:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    trisha paytas
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited October 2015
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    I like TS3 take on realism but still a balance of fantasy. The sims and the world are both a step in the right direction. There would be quite some improvements to be made though based on the skin, eyes, hair, textures, world, etc. But because TS4 showed the route EA prefers to go, then I'll just be fine using CC to achieve a bit more realism in TS3.

sq4c2d.jpg
    2j10y2t.jpg
    akejdh.jpg

I do not like the bloom effect nor do I like the cartoony nature of TS4 among the going back in time and then downgrading. There is no balance like TS2/TS3. I prefer TS3 the most because it is the most in-depth (in some areas) and the most mature in the series.
    2pi01.jpg
    2d0ht13.jpg
    2ib1c9e.jpg
    Tip the scale to overall cartoon land and there is no realism to appeal to the realists who wants a mature but still T rated life simulator.

I respect you opinion and agree with you about the worlds and overall realism there, but with the right Cc the Sims 4 sims I think has a perfect balance in my opinion. I love the artstyle Ea went with this time around as far as the Sim themselves. I don't think these two sims looks cartoony at all
    10-02-15_11-18-11nbspPM_zpsedmzjmee.png
    Anges_zpssk047esy.png
    But again this is just my opinion :)
    justlurking.gif
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member

All of them, in some way or another. We could probably do all of these images as is, today, with our current engine with some tweaks. BUT, then you would probably have to sacrifice a whole lot of other things, simulation, build / buy, number of Sims on screen etc.

Realism has never been part of our game, we've never aimed for it. For me personally, in my own little ideal world, I would like to offer the players a sliding scale, where they could adjust the level of detail (read "realism" if you'd like). It would be very difficult to pull off though so probably not very realistic.

Personally not a fan of the more realistic style. I really support the artistic direction they chose for the sims 4, I think it makes the game stand out against the other games on the market that do use realistic graphics. If you see a screenshot of a sims from the sims 4 you know its a sim and not from another game! (some people will see this as a good point, some as a bad.)

As for what @SimGuruMeatball said i'm happier they sacrificed realism for functionality (once again i know others will disagree) for me sims 4 is much more streamlined, it runs brilliantly on the ultra settings for me (especially on my gaming pc) and even on my macbook I get very very good gameplay on a mix of medium/high settings. I think after my, sometimes tragic, experience with sims 3 play having a game which I know will run smoothly even after i've got a fair few mods loaded and several generations in is awesome.

I like what @Scobre said 'Basically I don't want the Sims look too cartoon like the Sims 4 or too realistic like the Sims 3. I want a balance.' I would have been happy to see the sims 4 go more towards the screenshots she posted, but at the same time I do really love the art style. I personally don't use the more 'realistic' CC because it bothers me that it all doesn't match. Though I'm a huge fan of maxis match stuff!

(I don't want to de-rail the thread to much so if anyone wants to have a discussion about any points I made not directly related to the graphics/ way sims look feel free to message me!)
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • EgewinhEgewinh Posts: 72 Member
    I would love it if the models looked like that. Unlike a lot of people, I try to make my Sims realistic. I found it to be easier in TS2 but I don't want to go back in time to play.

Now I don't really hope TS5 will look realistic but here's to hoping
    Siggy.png

ISBI - Posh Life. Meet Cash Snobbington