Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Can kids use the arcade machine?

Yup!

Are there other arcade machines or just the group one? I know some of my geeky, loner Sims would like to stay in the corner of the arcade alone ;)

We will be able to talk about more in November :)

@SimGiruDrake, November 1st? :p
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Can kids use the arcade machine?

Yup!

Are there other arcade machines or just the group one? I know some of my geeky, loner Sims would like to stay in the corner of the arcade alone ;)

We will be able to talk about more in November :)

@SimGiruDrake, November 1st? :p

Haha, that falls on a Sunday and we really like our weekends so I'm gonna say no on that one lol.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    So November 2nd confirmed then!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yup!
    Welcome back to forums @SimGuruDaniel, you've been missed. Will zombies be able to use the arcade machine? I know GT won't have supernaturals, but doesn't mean I still hope it will have one. Even if Nessy turned Sims into the Swamp thing would be cool.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Quaay wrote: »

Lol. :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The arcade machine looks amazing <3

In the middle of a game with a new favorite-sim. She will start a foodie-club when GT comes :smile:
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    EEEE!! Look at that Arcade machine!! (: It's Massive; I love that we're getting one for 'groups' of Sims, but just wondering, will there be one for single playing Sims? and yay! More stuff to add to my lounges. Thank you so much for sharing, @SimGuruDrake! (:

Cannot wait for December 8th! I get paid on the 5th of December.. so I'm like.. Wooop, woop! Finally will be able to buy the game on release instead of the Thursday after! :D
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hope to see more items like this exactly what I wanted to see in Get Together something that would make for a great child lot that is not a playground.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

@SimGuruDrake Don't you hate those loopholes? Now I'm expecting this as the reason nothing will be heard on the 2nd either:
    i-hate-mondays_298.gif
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Hello everyone!

I got really excited about this new item in Get Together and wanted to share this with all of you, check out this arcade machine:

0sfq53dikzb0.png

Looking forward to sharing more with you in November!

:o :O :D Okay. I was already excited for this game pack this has made me even more excited! I can't wait to pre-order when I get paid next week! This was a great screenshot to wake up to <3 Thank you @SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruDaniel for the screenshot and answering a couple of questions!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member

They don't usually do public-facing stuff on a Monday. I expect whatever happens will happen on a Tuesday or a Thursday

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh my!! The new picture is so cool, seeing all these new activities makes me so excited! Thankyou for sharing this picture with us @SimGuruDrake, can't wait to hear more in November, this pack sounds amazing! One question, do you think it's possible that we'll maybe have a Q&A session in November? I'd love to ask some questions about this pack!

Makes me curious what sorts of activities are in this pack, seems like there's just so much to do! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I agree @DaniqaSimmer I would love to see a walk through on the group system with a Q&A to follow
    @fullspiral, yes! A walktrough would be perfect, I believe we had one for Get to Work aswell, so it's possible we'll get another one for Get Together, i'd love to have one of 30 minutes (or longer, the longer the better).
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    That arcade machine looks awesome! (didn't have time to respond yesterday ;))
    ENolan wrote: »

@SimGuruDrake Don't you hate those loopholes? Now I'm expecting this as the reason nothing will be heard on the 2nd either:
    i-hate-mondays_298.gif

Actually, I remember Drake posting extremely cheerful "Happy Monday" messages on several occassions... maybe she's just one of those (extremely) rare people who do like Mondays? ;)
    IngeJones wrote: »

They don't usually do public-facing stuff on a Monday. I expect whatever happens will happen on a Tuesday or a Thursday

Since we're talking about info, my bet is on WedNEWSday - so that would be November 4th, at the earliest.
    That is less than two weeks from now, and, in the meantime, we have Trick and/or Treating to keep us occupied :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    So I've been busy. Didn't even get into the forums yesterday and wasn't even a little upset cause no news ever seeps out on weekends right? ROFL Log on this morning to see 55 messages in this thread! I was freaked cause I knew that meant I missed something big! I love this thread! It's how I keep up on all the GT news and excitement!

As for the arcade machine... SQUEEEEEEE!! Isn't it Dec. yet? Where is a time machine when I need one?
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Here are a few questions I've got.
    Is the guy with the plumbob a single sim on his own or is he part of the group?
    If he is part of the group, then does the normal plumbob override the club plumbob?
    If he isn't part of the group, does this mean club sims can do club activities with nonclub sims?
    If my sim is "out and about", will I see club plumbobs above sims in clubs or do I only see sims with club plumbobs who are a part of my club?
    Is there a way to know if a sim is part of a club that we might want to join, ie: club plumbobs or a social interaction like "ask about club..."?

I think he's part of the group. imo I think he has the regular plumbob because he's the active sim. Which probably confirms that you can do group activities without being the leader.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    When I hover over the game on Origin it says December 7, 2015 at 9:00pm (I live in the U.S./Pacific Time).

I think if you pre-order you get the early access, similar to what we got with Sims 4 base game. Good incentive to pre-order; I should probably go ahead and do it because I'm 99% sure I'm getting it. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    When I hover over the game on Origin it says December 7, 2015 at 9:00pm (I live in the U.S./Pacific Time).

I think if you pre-order you get the early access, similar to what we got with Sims 4 base game. Good incentive to pre-order; I should probably go ahead and do it because I'm 99% sure I'm getting it. B)

I wouldn't really call it early access. At least for me, I can't play the game until midnight.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I got really excited about this new item in Get Together and wanted to share this with all of you, check out this arcade machine:

0sfq53dikzb0.png

Looking forward to sharing more with you in November!

Gaming arcade hangout in my sims future!

I've already built a new clubhouse building for Oasis Springs, and it's going to have a second floor game center -- this will be absolutely perfect for it. B)
    I'm litterly changing the entire worlds right now, making all these townies and making it all work, just for the new EP. I'm having so much fun but I can't actually play because I keep thinking "oh in Windenburg we can do this or that", this always happens before a new EP :D!

Kinda feel like this right now omgosh
    bellatrix-lestrange-i-dont-like-to-be-kept-waiting.gif
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've added a few more teenage boys who will start a music group together and hopefully one day be my band when we get the chance for that with a superstar ep.
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    I'm litterly changing the entire worlds right now, making all these townies and making it all work, just for the new EP. I'm having so much fun but I can't actually play because I keep thinking "oh in Windenburg we can do this or that", this always happens before a new EP :D!

Glad to know I am not the only one doing this! :no_mouth:
    Floofje wrote: »

Me too -- I've got a template save where I've modified a few of the premades and filled in houses and venues (still have a few empty lots for new venues like coffee shops) so when we get Get Together, I can start from scratch with a single Sim. In my normal save, I'm working on getting my Simself's younger son, Brandon, finished with his first aspiration which is Renaissance Sim so I can save him to my Gallery then use him in my new save. He's going to support himself by writing how-to guides from home, so he'll have plenty of time to hang out at the coffee shop and the bars meeting people.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Floofje wrote: »

Me too -- I've got a template save where I've modified a few of the premades and filled in houses and venues (still have a few empty lots for new venues like coffee shops) so when we get Get Together, I can start from scratch with a single Sim. In my normal save, I'm working on getting my Simself's younger son, Brandon, finished with his first aspiration which is Renaissance Sim so I can save him to my Gallery then use him in my new save. He's going to support himself by writing how-to guides from home, so he'll have plenty of time to hang out at the coffee shop and the bars meeting people.

Yup, same for me, I've been rotating through, fixing townies, setting up families, improving existing lot, and building Newcrest - all in preparation to relaunch my main family once GT comes out.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars