Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does The Sims 4 Deserve an AAA Game Rating?

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I've been reading it all over *here and had to look it up- Triple A rated game.

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

"In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion or the highest ratings by a consensus of professional reviewers"

Did TS4 have the highest development budget and Promotion, the highest rating by a consensus of professional reviewers, *or is it considered a "Blockbuster?"
    Does Origin, EA's own, quality as giving TS4 a high rating?

*I'm not saying it isn't fun for many players, I'm asking- does @Maxis show it had a huge budget during development, was it reviewed well before release, was it promoted well before release, *or is it a Blockbuster?... just thinking.

Happy Simming! :mrgreen:

*changed and to or because it's not And, it's Or. -Removed a random The. :)

obvious no, cuz after waste budget in the olympus they used low budget in the base game and keep pulling low budget in the packs, the game also don't get neither highest promotion and neither reviews (most of then), then the game is not even close to a triple A but we are charged as if is one.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

"In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion or the highest ratings by a consensus of professional reviewers"

Did TS4 have the highest development budget and Promotion, the highest rating by a consensus of professional reviewers, *or is it considered a "Blockbuster?"

*I'm not saying it isn't fun for many players, I'm asking- does @Maxis show it had a huge budget during development, was it reviewed well before release, was it promoted well before release, *or is it a Blockbuster?... just thinking.

What I heard, that sims 4 had a smaller budget this time in compare to sims 3 etc.. Ea decided to give more money to their other games, but still I think budget was huge and sadly so far they are wasting it.. But I also bear in mind that this game is still going.. still some things will be added so it is hard to judge at this point to be honest. As much as I am disappointed with the game.. I still have small buried hopes which some time (when the weather is better) grow above the soil :)))

Anyway.. sims 4 should not be rated like other games, because of the huge content coming with expansions and other packs etc.. So I do not believe in any ratings of this games till devs are finished with adding content.
    Anyway .. you asked:

"I'm asking- does @Maxis show it had a huge budget during development, was it reviewed well before release, was it promoted well before release, *or is it a Blockbuster?"
    Maxis promised a lot... was that because of huge budget.. I do not know..
    It definitely was not reviewed properly and to be honest I think they should stop with releasing sims 4 for like 2, 3 more years to make it a better game.. instead they just greedily went for the money and released a half made game...
    The worst promotion ever : lack of marketing skills.. coming ever from the executive producer ( now even higher than that ) Rachel Franklin. Very bad management decisions made this game a flop straightaway after releasing.. lack of ability to make up for the loss comes also from bad decisions and inability to take a responsibility and face the customers, which leads to silent attitude which I think all gurus were told to stick to, because Rachel and others want to gain at least some kind of profit on already failed game... And one more thing strikes me too.. SimGurus.. so many left all of sudden... something really bad is happening.. if people prefer to leave.

"*changed and to or because it's not And, it's Or. -Removed a random The. :)" >>> this keeps me mesmerized;)))) you completely lost me here;))) <3
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

What I heard, that sims 4 had a smaller budget this time in compare to sims 3 etc.. Ea decided to give more money to their other games, but still I think budget was huge and sadly so far they are wasting it.. But I also bear in mind that this game is still going.. still some things will be added so it is hard to judge at this point to be honest. As much as I am disappointed with the game.. I still have small buried hopes which some time (when the weather is better) grow above the soil :)))

Anyway.. sims 4 should not be rated like other games, because of the huge content coming with expansions and other packs etc.. So I do not believe in any ratings of this games till devs are finished with adding content.
    Anyway .. you asked:

"I'm asking- does @Maxis show it had a huge budget during development, was it reviewed well before release, was it promoted well before release, *or is it a Blockbuster?"
    It definitely was not reviewed properly and to be honest I think they should stop with releasing sims 4 for like 2, 3 more years to make it a better game.. instead they just greedily went for the money and released a half made game...
    The worst promotion ever : lack of marketing skills.. coming ever from the executive producer ( now even higher than that ) Rachel Franklin. Very bad management decisions made this game a flop straightaway after releasing.. lack of ability to make up for the loss comes also from bad decisions and inability to take a responsibility and face the customers, which leads to silent attitude which I think all gurus were told to stick to, because Rachel and others want to gain at least some kind of profit on already failed game... And one more thing strikes me too.. SimGurus.. so many left all of sudden... something really bad is happening.. if people prefer to leave.

"*changed and to or because it's not And, it's Or. -Removed a random The. :)" >>> this keeps me mesmerized;)))) you completely lost me here;))) <3

That was just to show why I edited my post- I replaced 'and' with 'or' and removed a 'the' because it was lost. :lol:

• teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

Anyway .. you asked:

That was just to show why I edited my post- I replaced 'and' with 'or' and removed a 'the' because it was lost. :lol:

ahhhh:))))) ty: for explanation <3
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I don't believe that any game, no matter how good, is a AAA game, as no game to me is perfect. There is always something or someone who will point out its faults or could be better.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I don't believe that any game, no matter how good, is a AAA game, as no game to me is perfect. There is always something or someone who will point out its faults or could be better.

No game is perfect that's right. But this is under premium so should be premium quality.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

I agree with this. I have yet to find a triple A game.

My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

No game is perfect that's right. But this is under premium so should be premium quality.

I still would not give any game AAA or premium quality. there is nothing perfect AAA or Premium quality

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

I still would not give any game AAA or premium quality. there is nothing perfect AAA or Premium quality

I'm trying to say but it's at premium price point. So it should be up to that standard for sale :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I personally don't see the sims 4 as a triple A game yet, but I also think it has room for improvements. I see improvement with each release. I'm sorry so much was wasted on a game that didn't make it to market as planned. But, I think if they keep putting time and effort into it, it can be a triple A game.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Nope, and the fact that they're charging $60+ for it makes me cringe.
  • TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    Haha! No. :|
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Heck, they used a failed project so they did not spend a whole lot of money there. There is hardly any features that will cost them, to them it may seem like it is AAA game but IMHO it appears to be a low budget project that just carries the Sims logo and only items. After next week FO4 will be coming out and some will move over to EA's other project Star War's BF on 17th of Nov.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited October 2015

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

BAHAHAHAHA, that is NOT the definition of an AAA game. The Sims 4 IS an AAA game, you can't have an 'opinion' of that. An AAA game is a major title released by a large developer/publisher. The game's quality and sales does not matter.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I'm trying to say but it's at premium price point. So it should be up to that standard for sale :)

agree :)
    edited October 2015
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

BAHAHAHAHA, that is NOT the definition of an AAA game. The Sims 4 IS an AAA game, you can't have an 'opinion' of that. An AAA game is a major title released by a large developer/publisher. The game's quality and sales does not matter.

Game Quality does not matter? Especially on a $60-80 price tag . BAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

really you can link your "source"????

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

Game Quality does not matter? BAHAHAHAHA

Game quality is a personal opinion which has no effect on if the game is an AAA game or not.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »

I agree with this. I have yet to find a triple A game.

AAA isn't based on opinion though, it's an actual standard, according to the OP post, based on measurable factors like professional review ratings, budget, and sales.

A game doesn't need to be perfect or even personally fun for a person for it to be rated AAA, it just needs to fall within some general standards.

It also dictates how much a company can realistically charge for a game based on a "seal of approval" theory. It's much easier for someone to spend big bucks if they think they are getting something that has been rated the best verses something that low/not rated at all.

There are a couple popular games that I personally don't think are very good (I won't say them here because others really, really like them and that's a whole different conversation), but I fully admit that they are AAA titles. On that same note, there are some B games that I think are great and play all the time, but would never be considered AAA titles because they've got graphics from 1998.

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

Game quality is a personal opinion which has no effect on if the game is an AAA game or not.
    again link your source or you are using your biased "personnal opnion"

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

Sorry its not a personal opinion. EA admitted they released the base game unfinished. Charging a $ 60-80 price for an unfinished game and giving it a AAA title and charging for a AAA game. LOL Game quality has everything to do with giving a AAA title and price
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited October 2015
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Pfft. This game isn't even average. It's nowhere near a triple A game. It should be in the bargain bin.

It's a shame. Anyone can say what they will, but The Sims has always pushed the boundaries of gaming. It wasn't a game for everyone, but the design and development of it could not be challenged. It's so sad to see what this latest team has done to it. There is nothing technologically challenging about it. It's mediocre. They've dumbed it down to casual game instead of simulation game. And there was a huge difference.
    You are spot on! I like the game, when I play it. I just don't have the need/urge to play it every day. I had a love/hate relationship with Sims3, yet I still played it every day. That should speak volumes.

ETA: edits. :open_mouth:

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Ellessarr wrote: »

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

really you can link your "source"????

Sounds like we are being baited. Best to ignore
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

Not true at all. Game quality is measurable based on lots of factors - for example, code quality and functionality is not based on opinion.
    Ellessarr wrote: »

Yes, I used Wikipedia-

again link your source or you are using your biased "personnal opnion"

"Biased" opinion. Huh, I have remained neutral so far.

http://gameindustry.about.com/od/glossary/g/Aaa-Game.htm

I don't trust wikipedia definitions because they can be easily modified. The definition I use is also commonly used among gamers and reviews aswell.