Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    One thing I must say since I was a new member to forums last year, this thread will get you to member status fast. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    One thing I must say since I was a new member to forums last year, this thread will get you to member status fast. :)

a few others thread wil do that
    some of the word games in off topic can get you posts
    and people in this thread + the store gifting forum is generus with their likes/insightfull/awsome button
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    EA silence on everything lately. Look how little stuff we know about the new gettogether EP.
    MilenyNoda wrote: »
    EA silence on everything lately. Look how little stuff we know about the new gettogether EP.
    True and not that much. Makes me miss the advertisement papers that used to come with packs showing the upcoming packs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you everyone. Thanks to @Scobre and @phoebebebe13 suggesting I look for a cough medicine you have in the U.S I've found something to help with one of my worst symptoms. *Hopefully* in a few days I will be back to my normal self :)
    edited October 2015
    MilenyNoda wrote: »
    True and not that much. Makes me miss the advertisement papers that used to come with packs showing the upcoming packs.

yea in this situation silents isn't gold

I want to feel to joy in waiting...

like when a child we planed summer vactions (we didn't travel each year) we start out in the fall talking about where... and if it had to be summer (could be do fall break or an other school break)
    when we figured out where and when we ordered the tripe (often that be about 6 months before the vacation)
    then for half a year we talked and fantasised over what we wanted to see and do there... even made lists
    the last week before we packed and talked
    that just made the travel much better than if my mom had jsut come in and said we travel to x place in 1 week start packing.... and didn't even tell me about the place so I knew what to expect/hope for... and what to pack
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member

I don't know.. I feel bad for how the CEO's wife got her social media image leaked.. and how that petition doesn't even seem to acknowledge that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

I don't know.. I feel bad for how the CEO's wife got her social media image leaked.. and how that petition doesn't even seem to acknowledge that.
    That is true. :(

Sadly these things have a life of their own. It happens all the time with social media and I agree :(

Sadly these things have a life of their own. It happens all the time with social media and I agree :(

Yup -- I just think it's unfortunate that this petition fails to mention what happened.. and makes it sound like an actual render for the game was leaked by the team.

Then again, it's also riddled with misspellings and sentence issues, so I suppose that could play in to it as well.

Shame that this gift is now being used to start another round of pitchforks and upset.. especially since it's for a family to celebrate their newborn child. I don't know - it's not like it's a huge deal, but somehow it rubs me the wrong way.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup -- I just think it's unfortunate that this petition fails to mention what happened.. and makes it sound like an actual render for the game was leaked by the team.

Then again, it's also riddled with misspellings and sentence issues, so I suppose that could play in to it as well.

Shame that this gift is now being used to start another round of pitchforks and upset.. especially since it's for a family to celebrate their newborn child. I don't know - it's not like it's a huge deal, but somehow it rubs me the wrong way.
    That's understandable. I felt bad for feeling like I was kind of yelling on forums standing up for someone I've never met. I mean as much as I miss toddlers, the CEO and his family did not deserve the ill insults said about them. Only thing I'd use the pitchforks for is to get rid of the angry poops in the game. XD
    edited October 2015
    That's understandable. I felt bad for feeling like I was kind of yelling on forums standing up for someone I've never met. I mean as much as I miss toddlers, the CEO and his family did not deserve the ill insults said about them. Only thing I'd use the pitchforks for is to get rid of the angry poops in the game. XD

Oh, I'd totally pitchfork for a toddler.
    Just.. maybe not against a gift for a family. xD
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree. Like I said the other day-I hate how this gift is being cheapened by people in that way. Urgh.
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi there everyone. :) Been ages since I posted here so I thought I better because I am still wanting toddlers added, I totally support this thread and it's a real shame that the photo posted was yet another tease, oh man they would be so cute and sweet I just know it! ;) Need to get back into the swing of this thread again, wayyyy too much to catch up on. ;)
    @sparkfairy1 hope you are starting to feel better, sending healing vibes your way! xx *hugs*

I resumed finishing off my world, when Michael died I put off working on it because alot of it was his ideas and couldn't bring myself to even go in there but decided that I will finish it because that's what Michael would of wanted me to do. He loved the Sims 3 and CAW fascinated him. Hopefully it turns out good. :)

Got 4 story's in 3 going at the moment, my usual household with Nicole, Lola's clan, a hippy turned rich hippy traveller and a married couple also exploring as much as they can while been as inappropriate as possible. haha :) Been a ton of fun! :)

FEvr1sR.gif
    Aww I'm so glad you are enjoying TS3 @christinebremner and so glad you are back, even if its just for a visit it's lovely to see you :) I hope you'll share pictures or share progress if you feel up to it :)
    Thank you <3
    edited October 2015
    Aww I'm so glad you are enjoying TS3 @christinebremner and so glad you are back, even if its just for a visit it's lovely to see you :) I hope you'll share pictures or share progress if you feel up to it :)
    Thank you <3

Awww thank you sweetie, I am glad to be back I am sorry I haven't been around to give my full support. xx I am back and as always I have your back. :)

Sure I would love to share some pictures of my families my current game has been so funny as well, When I was in game yesterday my sims were getting married but a bucks party was on the cards and the hilarity that followed at the party had me cracking up laughing. Sims are so awesomely funny. :) These sims I am playing have a level of inappropriateness that matches my sense of humour. haha :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    @christinebremner I just have to say that I love your new profile pic <3 Well, I don't know how new it is, but I hadn't seen it before.

I don't really have any family play pics atm. I have been working on my Australian themed world in CAW again and my current testing family has no kids. Not that I've been playing them much, mostly lot-building. I am trying to make the world family-friendly though.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I went on Amazon.com this afternoon to order the games I wanted to buy, found out two of the three games was sold, but I did buy the first game on my list that I wanted. And downloaded free ride games to play the others. With that purchase the seller of that game added $20.00 to its profit and Ea/Maxis lost that amount.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2015
    > @Scobre said:
    > One thing I must say since I was a new member to forums last year, this thread will get you to member status fast. :)

I hope so! And I love all the family pictures you share! *collecting posts* :D
    @christinebremner I just have to say that I love your new profile pic <3 Well, I don't know how new it is, but I hadn't seen it before.

I don't really have any family play pics atm. I have been working on my Australian themed world in CAW again and my current testing family has no kids. Not that I've been playing them much, mostly lot-building. I am trying to make the world family-friendly though.

@Frogprincess_q thank you I am glad you like it, its not too old a picture I think it's Amber my hippy sim trying to be a cowgirl for a day. lol :)<3
    FEvr1sR.gif
    Some animal rugs for TS4 children: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=566213
    so cute

question

how friendly is sims4 when updates/patches come out
    iif you use mods or cc?

will you need to remove your stuff or?

I know I would end up needing cc (more than I would by stuff packs)
    or even wanting to learn to create it... well recolore items
    but I wouldn't like if it needed update every time they patch.
    anettesb wrote: »
    so cute

question

how friendly is sims4 when updates/patches come out
    iif you use mods or cc?

will you need to remove your stuff or?

I know I would end up needing cc (more than I would by stuff packs)
    or even wanting to learn to create it... well recolore items
    but I wouldn't like if it needed update every time they patch.
    Remove no, but you do need to move the folder out and back in after each patch. I've only seen CC break with one patch and that was in the Spring.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I don't know who it is running that toddler petition, but I find it rather offensive. Not just the misspellings, but the picture of the family without making any mention of what really happened. It seems to me to misrepresent the whole toddler fiasco and cuts against everything I find acceptable. Just leave the family alone. Move on, truly nothing to get excited about. It is just a render and doesn't mean anything either way on toddlers. Just my opinion, but still.....

I want toddlers back and a whole lot more, though I am not sure the base will support a lot of things we miss.

Anyway, welcome back christinebremner! I've loved all the pictures everyone has been posting too! I hope you get better quickly sparkfairy1!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top