Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is not that bad

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I know a lot of you are disappointed in the sims 4. I think that the sims 4 is a great game.

I like the emotion system. I like that our sims now have emotions. Even the deaths from emotions are funny and a great part of the game. Two of my sims died from embarrassment, which I thought was funny. The only thing I wish was done better is the sims to better react to someone close to them passing away and when their significant other cheats on them. I know the jealousy trait was recently added, but I haven't played around with it enough to know if sims better react to their significant other cheating on them.

I love the traits in the game. I mostly use the foodie, romantic, family oriented, and athletic traits. There's a lot of great traits to play around with.

The children in the game are adorable. I like the looks of them better than any other sims game. I just wish they were more mischievous.

Build mode is easier than ever to use. I like that it is more user friendly. I also like that it appeals more to beginner builders like myself. You can create the perfect house in TS4. I like that there is a new create a room tool. You can upload your rooms now to the gallery. I love creating rooms in the game. You can check out my creations on my account. My origin ID is stripedrainbow.

What are your thoughts on the game? I think the sims 4 is a wonderful game. I know there are others out there who like it as well. Please no negativity in your comments. You can state whether or not you like the game.

I really get tired of reading that statement they have emotions. I don't know if you played the other games but I can promise you they had emotions but the difference here is you weren't reading them on the screen. And they were not popping like jumping jelly beans in the other games. And a nice picture in a room didn't over take a feeling of despair over a loved one dying.

And I will have to totally disagree with the 'family trait'. It's not even nowhere near family trait in TS2 and TS3. It might as well not even be in there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    OP Sims 4 is not that bad and it has a lot of potential, But there is a lot of content missing and EA and Maxis keep being silence on everything. Their marketing is horrible. :(((((((
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    A year on and I am still seeing the phrase 'Sims 4 has a lot of potential'. It makes me wonder if, in future years, Sims 4 will be remembered only as 'The Sims 4 which had great potential' rather than 'The Sims 4 was a great game'.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    A year on and I am still seeing the phrase 'Sims 4 has a lot of potential'. It makes me wonder if, in future years, Sims 4 will be remembered only as 'The Sims 4 which had great potential' rather than 'The Sims 4 was a great game'.

Well, right now it's got a huge potential of getting trashed if they don't fix that autonomy bug that came in the last patch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Yes totally agreed and you can't play with potential.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    MilenyNoda wrote: »
    OP Sims 4 is not that bad and it has a lot of potential, But there is a lot of content missing and EA and Maxis keep being silence on everything. Their marketing is horrible. :(((((((

Their marketing is that they are just in this to make some money. That's why we have a lot of DLC that wasn't in previous sims games. Stuff packs were once able in stores that sell computer games. Now, it's only available online. And game packs are something that that is only available online. We have way more stuff packs and game packs than EPs. EPs are the only add on to TS4 that is available in stores and well as a an online download. DLC is just a way for EA to be rolling in dough (and I don't mean the kind you bake and eat.)
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    I personally like the new system, though, if i have to say, people need to be patient with the development of game before judging the game to be 'bad'. I'm sure things that aren't yet added to the game are still under development and they put a lot of thought for it.

But i can't blame them because,

1. Color are too limited for CaS... But looking at how detective career works, where they describe the suspect hair color, I guess I understand why it is not a color wheel. Just imagine the trouble when they say "The suspect have custom hair".

2. Retail is terrible, your employees are dumb and you tend to be overwhelmed by impatient customer. Open for Business have the best system.

3. A lot of things that supposed to be in base game are gone, such as, burglar and toddler. I personally hope they will have them and I also really hope that the Criminal Career gets to be played like Detective/Doctor/Scientist. Also, will be a great challenge if we actually need to face an actual crime or actual law enforcement.

4. Ghost are friendly, that's good.... but they lost all the essence of spooky. I mean, I love how they can do a jump scare to our sim at previous game...I hope they can develop it in an actual 'spooky stuff' later.

5. The Graveyard, why do they have to remove it.... I lost a few of my sim's tombstone because they died when I didn't play them...

Basically, the game itself is actually decent... just still too raw to enjoy... they're not even fresh enough to become a sashimi.
  • tsunami2002tsunami2002 Posts: 113 Member
    The problem is, although of the great new features in TS4, many are missing.
    djy3HvS.gif
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Once I get over the small size of the world, hood, lot loading... and lack of customization (casT/colorwheel), culling, Thirst issue, bipolar-like nature of the emotions, garbage heaps in Newcrest, Beloved Trait bug, zero toddlers, teens that look like adults...

Yeah, I guess it's not so bad :)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • ZariarainesZariaraines Posts: 30 New Member
    I like the game, but live mode gets boring really easily....
    I'm constantly in CAS for no reason making new families always telling myself "Im keeping this family"
    but it never happens.
    If the sims weren't always acting bipolar, then maybe just maybe, i'd play for a little longer
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well, right now it's got a huge potential of getting trashed if they don't fix that autonomy bug that came in the last patch.
    What bug is that? (sorry, must have missed it)

Edit: sorry, I read 'autonomy' as 'enormous' for some reason, I'll fix myself a cup of coffee :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2015

Yeah you going to see 1)Sims 4 has a lot of potential and 2) Sims 4 just started it will get better. 3)It is just a base game when you know there is a packs released until Sims 4 end of production cycle. When I hear any of these remarks I just shake my head or laugh because some of the features that is most asked for will never see the light of day and the folks that say "it runs" will get disturbed if any notable features and not items gets added.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    It isn't a bad game. It's just, some people say it's a downgrade because of it's artstyle, they expected ultra realistic graphics.
    giphy.gif
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    some of the features that is most asked for will never see the light of day
    You've got a crystal ball or something?
    It isn't a bad game. It's just, some people say it's a downgrade because of it's artstyle, they expected ultra realistic graphics.
    Nope. There's a universe between low detailed bright coloured cartoony and ultra realistic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Mr014, Doing what you doing when you forecast what EA/Maxis is or not capable of doing. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    I like the game, but live mode gets boring really easily....
    I'm constantly in CAS for no reason making new families always telling myself "Im keeping this family"
    but it never happens.
    If the sims weren't always acting bipolar, then maybe just maybe, i'd play for a little longer

lol so true
  • tsunami2002tsunami2002 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2015

How thick are you? In all the sims 4 critics, I have never seen anyone even talking about graphics!
    djy3HvS.gif

I happen to love the art style. Also, the graphics are way better than any other sims game. Everything in the game is bright and vibrant.

I happen to love the art style. Also, the graphics are way better than any other sims game. Everything in the game is bright and vibrant.
    Now that would have been a real joke, the graphics being worse than in a 2004 and 2009 game ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Now that would have been a real joke, the graphics being worse than in a 2004 and 2009 game ;)

It's not a joke. I think a lot of people just don't like the cartoonish graphics. I happen to love it.

It's not a joke. I think a lot of people just don't like the cartoonish graphics. I happen to love it.
    That's art style, not graphics ;) Graphics can't be cartoony.
    5JZ57S6.png

I'm not sure what graphics card you have, but my graphics look great on my computer. Here's some pics I took in my game. I have the graphics set on high.

bWxR4zq.png?1
    RVj5bhL.png?1

Sims 3 for comparison
    wd8NNPZ.jpg
    edited October 2015

I'm not sure what graphics card you have, but my graphics look great on my computer. Here's some pics I took in my game. I have the graphics set on high.

bWxR4zq.png?1
    RVj5bhL.png?1

Sims 3 for comparison
    wd8NNPZ.jpg
    Let me quote myself:
    The graphics are better allright. No wonder for a 2014 game.

Sims 4 on my computer (not edited, no mods):

5-9-15_22-42_zpsexrqoqy1.png

Sims 3 on the same computer:

Screenshot-228_zpsao4k4qje.jpg

Sims 4 definitely looks smoother.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2015
    Eh. I still prefer Sims 3's graphics because Sims 4's keep reminding me of that chipmunks cartoon on Nickelodeon. The art looks so similar to me.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif