Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED! Early Gameplay of the Sims 4 + new information.

Comments

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited October 2015
    With Get Together they will release a feature which will boost my experience significantly. So to be honest: I am very pleased with the game and a happy simmer right now. However I am sorry you guys are not satisfied. Maybe this will change in 1 or 2 years.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    To be honest (assuming they plan on making a Sims 5) I can see this game lasting until Sims 5 is ready to be released. As long as they keep turning a reasonable profit. Once they find they can make more money doing something else, I'm sure they will. I mean, who wouldn't?

It's obvious (to me) had this game been intended from the very start to be an offline sims 4, it would have been a lot better, but as it is now it's doing okay. I'm sure they'll milk that for as long as they can get away with it.

Unless of course they're not making enough money. Then I could see this game ending before Sims 5 is available.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Wow, it would be the best sims game ever if freeplay mode had toddlers and all the normal Stuff.
    tenor.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    That was really interesting to read. I have slight interest towards online mode, but I don't like at all how it sound they were about to do it (I would like it if was like back home when I built the neighbourhoods together with my sisters) so I'm glad they left it out. None of the things described sound better than the game we currently have, but this also explains quite well why the game only works for certain playstyles. I hope they keep improving it.
    dmel15 wrote: »
    All I can say is, to those people who argued about how Sims 4 was a complete game and felt like a sequel and Sims 3 was the side game, you can read it and weep! This is fact! They admitted Sims 4 was not intended to be a main game and instead a side game, which only backs up my point that they need to scrap this piece of junk. Why are we putting up with this game that is limited because of their poor decision making? They need to scrap Sims 4 and move on to a proper Sims sequel that we deserve, as loyal fans of the series who have poured thousands of dollars into this franchise we deserve nothing less.
    I didn't see them mention it was supposed to be a side game, but rather they wanted to make all in one game (not that it sounded a good decision). The "fact" is how you read it. Also why would I weep over this article if I still find sims 4 my favourite of the series? It's interesting to know about the development process, but that alone doesn't sets the direction for its future.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wow. This prototype completely blows TS4 out of the water. That lighting and rendering. Three whole story modes.

And yet they decided to sell us THIS? :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I agree I do like the lighting and shadows better in the Sims Olympus. The textures are nice too and that grass. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    09_WORLD_MAP_revised5.jpg

B9Ggri6CUAEzaAJ.png:large

One word is set in the mountains and valleys, one is coastal. Similar, but rebuilt from scratch.

Does anyone other than me see that is the map for the TSM? Or am I the only one. Top left hill, where the churches and forest set. Top Right hill where the castle sets. Far right (top) Doctor and Wizard house. Middle of map, town square, right side middle, the bard house, etc. I see it as clear as day even if the roads are different on this one.

I agree it does look like the TSM map.. After reading all the posts in this thread I have to not take you bet about rehashed things from their online version of Sims...4..
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I agree I do like the lighting and shadows better in the Sims Olympus. The textures are nice too and that grass. <3

And not to mention a fully 3D neighborhood view with fully rendered clouds.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I just hope the dev who had to take this info down didn't get in trouble?

Probably not, unless he was under some kind of NDA that lasts forever the most EA can do is ask him to remove the content, or restrict access.

Seems like he already put a password on his site, this is Patrick Kelly 2.0
    NDAs are legally binding contracts so it's safe to assume he got in trouble.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I thought that everyone knew by now that TS4 was an online game made into a sims game. That fact alone means that this game will never be the revolutionary sims game we were all wishing for. Yes, it has some limitations but that doesn't stop from making it fun and enjoyable as a whole. Some simmers will like it, some won't. There's nothing wrong with either opinion.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I just hope the dev who had to take this info down didn't get in trouble?

Probably not, unless he was under some kind of NDA that lasts forever the most EA can do is ask him to remove the content, or restrict access.

Seems like he already put a password on his site, this is Patrick Kelly 2.0
    NDAs are legally binding contracts so it's safe to assume he got in trouble.

I know what a nondisclosure agreement is, and I find it highly unlikely that he would be under one. How long would the parameters go? Forever? No, had EA made a nda that is still in effect he wouldn't have posted this in the first place.

All EA employees are under agreements that they cannot disclose info until they get the go ahead. I don't believe he is an EA employee anymore. Cancelled projects are not subjected to the same level of secrecy that ongoing ones are. That is the reason we have all of this info, because people are updating their resumes' and online professional portfolios to reflect the work they completed.

I do believe this guy was under a nda at some point, but they don't last forever and once the agreement has been fulfilled you are free to disclose info that is relevant. The people working on the online game have been off the project for at least 2 years.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited October 2015
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Not sure about polycount, but the terribly compressed textures in the final game probably have a lot to do with TS4 being a 32-bit game and incapable of using more than 4GB RAM.

TS4 uses dx9 and textures have to be mirrored in the system RAM. Better textures = higher memory usages = game would crash way more often, regardless of your computer specs.

I would say no. The sims 3 has higher polycount and is only 32 bit . The sims4 is 64 bit on Mac and has the same polycount as the PC 32 bit version
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Not sure about polycount, but the terribly compressed textures in the final game probably have a lot to do with TS4 being a 32-bit game and incapable of using more than 4GB RAM.

TS4 uses dx9 and textures have to be mirrored in the system RAM. Better textures = higher memory usages = game would crash way more often, regardless of your computer specs.

I would say no. The sims 3 has higher polycount and is only 32 bit . The sims4 is 64 bit on Mac and has the same polycount as the PC 32 bit version
    This is just because they just update the engineer to run in 64 bits they don't really made a "64 bits" version, they don't update models to have more texture or poligons in 64 bits, they just allowed the engineer use more than 4 giga ram memory, sims 4 in mac still the same sims 4 for pc, just improved to use more memory but the core is the same.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Some simmers will like it, some won't. There's nothing wrong with either opinion.

Exactly. Luckily I was finally able to adapt my "playstyle" and make it work for TS4 since my "TS3-Me" really hated this game before.
    In the end it was my ambivalent approach towards the game which made me sympathize with those who still don't like it at all. I feel you (at least one half of me does :P ). It does not change the fact that I still love it though =) . If you are flexible you can enjoy it.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »

This is just because they just update the engineer to run in 64 bits they don't really made a "64 bits" version, they don't update models to have more texture or poligons in 64 bits, they just allowed the engineer use more than 4 giga ram memory, sims 4 in mac still the same sims 4 for pc, just improved to use more memory but the core is the same.

Yes the 32 bit PC version of the game can only use 4gb ram while the 64 bit version of mac the recommended is 8gb ram but people I have spoken to on mac stated it uses about 6gb ram at the time and it wasn't using 8gb. The polygons is no different in the two versions of the game
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Now I can see why Stuff and Game packs are being produced more and only 1 expansion in the first year. 2 game packs pull in more profit than 1 expansion and seem to take a lot less work.
    But they said the foundation would be strong and able to support all our dreams? I would like more than 1 expansion a year or even 10 months.

I don't see Get Together as being a failure because it does appeal to part of the community. Not just the Groups but there is always something, like the DJ booths and the town, which appeals to the rest. Maybe not the Big Groups idea, it wasn't fun to me in TS2, but there's always the YA loving crowd that will love it. More play for them and wish I liked the idea, too.

Just my penny tossed in the well.

I honestly think the game is not performing well. Lower development costs mean lower break even costs. Reusing scrapped assets from Olympus probably lowered the cost of this second EP, as did not developing any compelling new features.

The details that just surfaced have really changed the way I look at the team. It's not just Rachel who worked on this game for 3-4 years, it was a good majority of these people who thought that a story mode, an online mode, and a cut down free play mode was the best route to go. Nobody on the team has the game's best interest at heart, they want profits.
    edited October 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Some simmers will like it, some won't. There's nothing wrong with either opinion.

Exactly. Luckily I was finally able to adapt my "playstyle" and make it work for TS4 since my "TS3-Me" really hated this game before.
    In the end it was my ambivalent approach towards the game which made me sympathize with those who still don't like it at all. I feel you (at least one half of me does :P ). It does not change the fact that I still love it though =) . If you are flexible you can enjoy it.

See, no - I'm flexible and *creative (been told only creative people can enjoy this game) so this is not true at all. :(

*or was it Imaginative people... probably this. XD

You can call it what ever you want :P .

I compare The Sims with the Final Fantasy franchise.
    TS 1-3 worked the same way as Final Fantasy 1-12 ( minus 11) did to me. When they released XIII I hated it because it was such a completly different game (than I expected and) compared to how it was before. Almost six years later I gave it another chance and I must admit: Freaking great game.

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @halimali1980 that's because FX artists are cheaper to maintain on the team than engineers who can do the real in depth work.
    edited October 2015

Nope. Tried to change but didn't enjoy it.

It's the fault of the mechanics of the game that it doesn't widely appeal. Not the fault of the player.

Nothing wrong with it. I just wrote down my personal (!) experience. Since humans don't follow the rule of determinism it won't work for everybody.

I just want to state something: Because YOU don't like it it could mean that somebody else will actually enjoy it even more. Just think about it for a second. Taste is different. Everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top