Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @lanlyn Love it!!! Sometimes Sims get the most random things. Love the baby wish though, hilarious.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
    @pary I love your sim!!! She is gorgeous, and the colours are so bright.
    @Wonderstruckk omg what a day! Sounds wholly entertaining. I love the guy on fire... hilarious
    @Karritz omg that wedding!!! I always elope my sims because for me trying to get a bunch of sims together is like trying to wrangle cats. Yours turned out so amazing though!
    @s1mszzang The puppies are sooo cute in the game. I've only owned a few, but the French Bulldog I had was my absolute favorite. Yeah I'm not sure about pulling any of my EP's out now. I'm too invested in all the crap that I've used from all of them. Maybe someday I'll put S3 on my laptop and just add in like IP or something.... hmmm
    @cwaddell Nice!!! Love the background story.

MH3%203_zps5m4vivvo.jpg

Two new chapters up today on the blog!
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5

MH2%2011_zpsejnw54ws.jpg
    Studio
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    @MiyuEmi the size of the photo is 924 X 660
    :)
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    @lanlyn, no it does not <3 I never really thought of that possibility! But no, the name is really random :)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @emorrill: great update. Love the dog. Yay for horses.

@lanlyn: great updates.

@all: thanks for letting me read your stories. I should hopefully have a chapter up later.
    :) Smile!

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    HopeAK wrote: »
    @lanlyn, no it does not <3 I never really thought of that possibility! But no, the name is really random :)
    Hope is a tiny place on the coast of the Kenai Peninsula with a population of 200, so your chances of being from there would be pretty remote! I'm not from there either! :D

@bee1977 Are you talking about the colors in the big lotto check pic? There was a full moon that night, so it created some unusual color shades. I know some people don't like the full moon color changes, but I enjoy the atmospheric mood.

@thuggishslicer I've always liked the Brokes. About 1-Eye: because of the direction my story has gone, he's had a slight chip adjustment now! ;)

@emorrill When I saw that sim in CAS--after you said you were making Winona the dog--I thought you made a dog-person like you did with the ponies! That sim's outfit kind of has a puppy look about it! :# The real puppy turned out cute though. One of the neat things about your sims is that they are all unique. I can really tell them a part!

@GaiaHypothesis Enjoyed looking at your blog pictures. Those blue eyes are riveting! I understand about Midnight Hollow. I have one household there, and I had to make some changes too. But I can live with mine. I actually took out the lighting mod. I just have plant and terrain recolors now. But I did go all over town and rip out those ugly black trees from lots...not from the world, just from the lots. That helped.

@TadOlson I need to add more items to my world gyms. I've done some of them, but not all. No point putting all my new saunas and sports equipment on the home lot when sims can easily run down to the gym and use them!

@cwaddell I loved Driving with Duckies! The handsome chauffeur, the two young girls...nice! Great background story. <3

@Pary I've never had much luck with the wishing well yet. Finding car keys would be a fun surprise!

@Wonderstruckk What a first day at Uni! Loved all the drama. :smiley:

@MiyuEmi So glad you can share pics now! I really liked what you said here: "Irresistible sims don't go to parties, parties come to them." B)

@Karritz Wonderful wedding pictures! You're really good at managing all those sims. And the setting was gorgeous. BTW, I thought I was seeing giant eels in 2 of your diving pics--freaked me out! But then I realized they were just boulders! :s

@s1mszzang Darling little dog! Sometimes it's difficult for me to resist adding one of those cute little dogs or cats in my household!
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Basically, my family is a family of 3. First of all, I have Bridgette Lockett. Bridgette is over-emotional and dramatic and a world-famous architectural designer (also a vampire). She adopted two children (now teens), Micheal and Connor. Micheal loves technology and learning and Connor prefers to woo the ladies more than anything.

Today, Micheal got onto the honor roll at school, Connor found a romantic interest and skipped school some more, and Bridgette has started cheating on Connor Frio (Yes, Connor was named after him...) and Leighton Sekemoto.

So basically, everything is about to go wrong.
    Some Riverview Outtakes

Teen Trigger Broke hanging out in the roadster. Roy needs to teach him to drive.
    TriggerRoadster.jpg

Clyde playing Extreme Racing in the renovated park building.
    RacingCars%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Clyde loves to sing in the shower, even when Bonnie joins him. Crazy!
    ClydeBonnieShower.jpg

He also likes to play with fire.
    PlayingFire.jpg

Roy gets hungry in town and picks a few apples. It can't always be canned soup.
    Garden%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

1-Eye throws a fit because he had to wash dishes. Better the can than a sim!
    Mad.jpg

Clyde's getting a tad too muscular from chin-ups and strength training. I'll have him switch to cardio for a while.
    Buffed.jpg

Bonnie supplements her blog earnings by writing Trashy novels. She can churn them out pretty quickly. To date, her titles include:
    Between Two Men
    Right Man, Wrong Man
    Ex is Wild
    Criminal Intense
    Sims Gone Bad
    BonnieBestseller.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Thanks @lanlyn and @Puddinroy :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @emorrill I just have to say, Pinkie Pie seems super excited to be in your signature. :)
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    @emorrill I just have to say, Pinkie Pie seems super excited to be in your signature. :)

@MoonandStars83 she is ALWAYS excited...about ANYTHING! :smiley:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Thank you for your comments @thuggishslicer @emorrill @lanlyn and @GaiaHypothesis .

I'm glad people are enjoying the pictures. I'm tired today and not feeling much like spending much time on the computer. I have the game open but not really interested in it today.

Megan wants to go the Egypt and I'm thinking of taking them there for a honeymoon. No one has traveled in the game since I moved them to Legacy Island III and that effectively gives them a new game so they can do what they like when they get there.

The lot I used for the wedding is in my Studio.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8030346

When it came time for me to invite the guests I discovered that each of the happy couple had a few acquaintances and no friends.

I chose to invite a lot of strangers to the wedding and tried to include the fairies, genies and other supernaturals.

This morning I checked and discovered both Megan and Grant now have several friends and a lot of acquaintances. That was an unexpected benefit - they didn't seem to spend much time talking to anyone so it must have happened just because of the invitation.

There were a couple of guests that I didn't recognise and then remembered I added a few new males to even up the numbers and two of them were newly made and never played before. They were added to stir the pot a bit as they both have commitment issues and have other interesting traits such as flirty and irresistible. They each have different trait sets. I know one of them is a fairy, the other might be a genie.

I'll eventually get to play them as while I have ageing turned off I'm going to go around town and play with all of the sims. I'll leave Megan and Grant once their baby is born. I want to see how it turns out but won't age it up to be a toddler until I have ageing turned on again. Then when it is a little older I might control them for a few minutes to use a mod to give them another one - an instant baby. I expect the baby she's currently expecting will be a boy as all of the ones resulting from pregnancies in the game tend to be boys in this game. I get girl babies by giving them an Instant Baby.
    edited October 2015
    Twisted Family Ties

Roy has a lot on his mind trying to make arrangements for Ruby's baby...AFTER he got her pregnant. He might have jumped the gun there. Tomorrow, he'd be taking Ruby over to Bonnie's to have a serious talk with her and Clyde. Not looking forward to that one bit. He hopes 1-Eye doesn't tear into him, but Bonnie promised she'd keep the machine busy. Roy leaves the firehouse and meets Ruby at Eugi's.
    FirehousePole%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Ruby loves to dance, and Roy doesn't mind that at all. She seems relaxed. He keeps asking her how she's feeling and she just smiles.
    RubyDate4%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Once again, Roy stays over at Ruby's place. Tonight though, it's not just about fun and games (most of it's not anyway). He wants to keep a watchful eye on Ruby, make sure she's all right. Roy notices that crib once again and wonders if the Brokes put it there on purpose. Hmm.
    RubyDate4%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

That night, Ruby's condition is confirmed. Roy gets a little shaky. What has he done? Saints preserve them! Will Ruby be ok? He feels himself start to sweat. This is all new territory for him.
    RubyPregnant%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Then he walks in on family story time. Something about it, the closeness and trust. It gets to him. And he thinks, "Everything's going to be fine. Really fine."
    RubyPregnant%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
    But Roy has a few hurtles to overcome. Bad choices, broken relationships. Has he got it in him to make things work? In the light of day, he's not so sure. He brings Ruby over to the Farrow household and explains to Bonnie about how he and Ruby need a place because of the baby. The Brokes just don't have enough room for them. And Roy wants to give his kid a fighting chance. He knows Clyde doesn't trust him, but all he wants is a new start. He's heard that Clyde is setting up his own organization. Roy could help with that. He's good with people and has already made some connections in town...not just lady connections either.
    Discussion%252520%2525287%252529.jpg

Bonnie tells Roy that 1-Eye is becoming uncontrollable. He even attacked Nellie Spenster the other day! 1-Eye still mutters about Roy, and he's getting snarly with Clyde too. Bonnie also knows that Ruby is Good, just like poor Nellie. It would never work. And then what would the bot do around a baby? Bonnie shakes her head, then she whispers, "Actually Clyde is going to adjust 1-Eye's chips when he can catch him off guard. So, maybe..." She shrugs, "Who knows."
    Discussion%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Bonnie calls Clyde over. Ruby is hopeful. But Roy is wary, and something in him wants to chuck the whole thing. Wouldn't he just like to go a round or two with Farrow!
    Discussion%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

Roy directs his next speech to Clyde, trying to convince him how much he cares for Ruby and will do anything for her. Clyde, being a Hopeless Romantic, understands those feelings because that's the way he feels about Bonnie. But the ladies hear Roy and don't seem that impressed. Guess they haven't believed in his promises as much as he thought they had. Even if they do fall for his flirts.
    Discussion%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

Clyde remembers Ruby. He'd danced with her at the gym that one day. He likes her. They have some things in common and she's easy to talk to. Easy on the eyes too. Uh, in a friendly kind of way. Maybe for Ruby's sake and the baby's, Clyde could put up with Thorn. See if he could be counted on.
    Discussion%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

The tension drains from Roy and he gets that familiar confident feeling. He turns to Bonnie, looks into her loving eyes, and he...flirts. (Roy did this on his own. Not me. He succeeded in his flirt with Bonnie even though she still disliked him! Will he ever learn?)
    Discussion%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Bonnie and Roy (with direction from me) make nice with their own partners. (Luckily, I grabbed Roy quick enough to stop any real damage here.)
    Discussion%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Each couple exchanges amorous hugs. (But Roy has flirted Bonnie's dislike for him to neutral, and I realize Ruby could be a "threat" to Clyde as well.)
    Discussion%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
    At this point, I Saved As, sat back and just stared at the screen. This was never going to work. Even with 1-Eye "tweaked." But I had to have Ruby move in (which I hadn't done yet) so I could make sure the baby had a good start in life. And I really didn't want to give up Roy. Another option would be to set up a second home and have Roy and Ruby live separately. There were ways I could try to mod this situation, but it would require more micro-managing than I wanted to do.

However, I did go into Edit Town and place a modest home where I could plop those Flirting sims into if necessary. For now I'll keep their little digital butts so busy they won't have time to wreck havoc! When I came out of Edit Town, I added Ruby to the family, and then spent some time cleaning the old manor up a little more and putting in a small nursery. For now. There's still a bunch to do with that house.

The possible second home.
    SecondHouse%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

SecondHouse%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

SecondHouse%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

SecondHouse%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    more dabbling around in my older Sims games, this time around-
    Home Wrecker Z
    Not a lot has happened, Ramona is getting close to her Elder state, but has been eating Life Fruits to stave off the onset of old age. She proposed to the last true Landgraab, Claudio, father of her youngest son. They will soon get married, and then he'll die. Actually, they both will. I'm going to see if using the Death Blossom after death will reset Ramona's age when revived. Claudio, is just gonna die- maybe even try to impregnate one of his housemates- apparently, everyone hates him.
    The twin, Miranda [athletic] & Cassandra [hipster], invited a couple of boys over for a study group. Miranda tried to get flirty with Martin Shacklefort- who is Timmy's [her half-brother] half-brother. No blood relation, but he didn't seem interested. Cassandra, however, got lucky with her cute boy- a boy named Bobby, the son of her mother's boss.
    Little does he know is that Cassandra has her eyes set on someone much older... in fact, that's the whole plan with Cassandra.
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
    edited October 2015
    @lanlyn I'm REALLY curious to see what happens to Roy and Ruby. ;) It was nice of Bonnie and Clyde to even CONSIDER helping them out. So, do you have NRaas's story progression mod? I want to put it in my game, but it seems too confusing...I'm still trying to figure out master controller, register, whoohooer and overwatch! ;) Also, I'm curious how you take your pictures? Do you pause the game and capture the moment that way, or do you take a bunch of shots over and over and find the best one to post? :) LOVE your story!
    edited October 2015
    emorrill wrote: »
    @lanlyn I'm REALLY curious to see what happens to Roy and Ruby. ;) It was nice of Bonnie and Clyde to even CONSIDER helping them out. So, do you have NRaas's story progression mod? I want to put it in my game, but it seems too confusing...I'm still trying to figure out master controller, register, whoohooer and overwatch! ;) Also, I'm curious how you take your pictures? Do you pause the game and capture the moment that way, or do you take a bunch of shots over and over and find the best one to post? :) LOVE your story!
    I know! Allowing the ex-husband in the house? Really? :s My idea is that Clyde felt for Ruby and the baby. But I also justify it because in real life Clyde was very attached to family. In fact, his downfall came when he was on his way to visit family. The Feds knew this and laid a trap, actually using a family member to waylay Clyde. And earlier, Clyde had led a raid on the prison where he'd been brutally abused. He managed to free 5 prisoners who he then took into his gang. These hoodlums caused him a lot of trouble, shooting when they weren't suppose to, etc.

I don't have NRaas Story Progression. I've considered it many times, but I think it's way more involved than I want to get. I tend to micro-manage too much anyway. I suppose the theory is that if you have Story Progression installed, you can fix the settings and then let it run itself. But it sounds like a complex mod to me too!

I pause my game for screenshots. It's a habit I've gotten into. The minute something interesting happens or I see something I like, I pause and get a shot. Sometimes I take shots from different angles or as sims' facial expressions or body movements change (or their thought bubbles do). Then I discard what I don't use, or keep extras if I like them.
  • IvySunshineIvySunshine Posts: 1 New Member
    On my sims today I got late night! I made a sim called Sarah Loway.

Sarah Was the shy girl who i thought would never be a celeb. Her sister, Amanda Loway, Was obnoxious and was the Typical Celeb of the 2. She was always in the way, falling in love with all boys in sight. ( :/ Attraction Stealer >.> )

Turns out, The opposite happened.

Sarah fell in love with a Striker, A famous family, and got married to him. She also played the piano. That by itself got her to 3 stars, then she talked to other celebs and BOOM! Instant 5 Stars! She also became a vamp! (Best Character EVAR! <3 <3)

Amanda was obnoxious and got into trouble! (Like always) Got humiliated and had a child with a celeb. Didn't bode well for her. Got all of the boys angry about her cheating and Boom! Worst day ever... Oh Amanda, Why Don't you ask Sarah how to be normal?

Lesson? I got one! Don't be too mean/flirty with all of the boys! LOL! :p

Sorry for no pics, Didn't snap enough snapshots at the right times! Please don't hate me for it! :'(
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Pary -I edited it to add more options for working out.
    @Wonderstruckk -You need fire alarms in the dorms near stoves and fireplaces.I would also have added the ITTF food replicators to the dorms in place of any stoves.Great update!
    @MiyuEmi -Great update!The pictures are fine since I usually have mine almost as small to help with the thread loading faster.
    @Karritz -Great update!
    @s1mszzang -Great update!That puppy is very cute.
    @emorrill -I had a few updates to make in town after new installs.Great picture!I've seen far worse than that in CAS.Great update!I get sims dumpster diving though it's usually slobs that do that.
    @GaiaHypothesis -Great pictures!
    @Puddinroy -I hope to see your update.
    @lanlyn -I'll have to add more to my own gyms because farm families don't have huge mansions and I don't want everybody to need mansions.Great update!I would use NRaas story progression to manage the couples as two households using custom castes for each household.I found that NRaas story progression was actually a lot easier than using EA's bug-fest to ruin the game.
    @Swiftlover13 -Hi there!Great story!
    @Selvaxri -Great update!
    @IvySunshine -Hi there!I've had Late Night for a long time and it's got some great features.It sounds like you had fun with your game.
    I've got an update coming up soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Spring-1621.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsk were both up early that morning and getting ready for the day quickly before too long and they found it raining that morning.
    22201472282_20ba2955c2.jpg
    22216234665_8ae7321db8.jpg
    22028180100_276765c05b.jpg
    They spent the rest of the morning studying skills on the ipads and tending to the household chores before it was noon and time to get ready for work.
    22216251075_31aba6ddb8.jpg
    22028496908_92a7434e22.jpg
    They were busy getting ready for work and ended up leaving for work at 3PM.
    22226627721_e68eac2abb.jpg
    21593528394_c53d7b387a.jpg
    They got home from work at 7PM and got themselves into bed right after they got home.
    22190190476_7fd05f3b3f.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited October 2015
    The Life of Riley

For the moment, Roy and Ruby were staying in the Farrow household, waiting for their baby to be born. Just as Bonnie had hinted, 1-Eye had two different trait chips now. His Sense of Humor chip had been replaced with RoboNanny. And his Sinister chip was replaced with Simulated Emotions. This Emotions chip was actually a step closer to making him seem more human. He wasn't just stuck in mean mode, but he now had 3 modes he could enter: Angry, Sad, or Happy. Roy hadn't seen the angry or sad modes yet, thank goodness. But it just seemed weird to see the same old 1-Eye acting friendly and sociable. The machine had even bought himself a pet.
    Genie%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Clyde wasn't talking much to Roy. They hadn't discussed business. Clyde wasn't sharing any information about his current activities either. When Roy had broached the subject, Clyde just said, "Later. After the baby's here." But Roy had gone out right away and gotten a part time job at the Llama Memorial Stadium (NRaas Careers). The exercise and sports challenges would do him good, he felt. And he had some ideas about what else he wanted to do, but as Clyde had said, "Later." It bothered Roy to see Bonnie with Clyde, but he tried to look the other way. He had almost mucked everything up when he'd flirted with Bonnie right there in front of Clyde...and Ruby.
    BonnieClydeHands.jpg

Ruby seemed to be taking things simply. She never got sick...and Roy had been watching for that. She never had any cravings or other wishes about the baby. Ruby thought about her pregnancy and was happy, but she didn't seem too concerned. Roy, on the other hand, wanted to read both those baby books, and he studied them closely. He also thought the kid needed a stuffed animal and a high chair, so he shopped around and found ones he thought would work.
    PrepareBaby.jpg

Roy was fascinated by the baby inside Ruby. He listened and talked to her tummy.
    Tummy%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

He offered her massages when she complained of an aching back. But not once did Ruby herself ask to go to the spa or have a massage.
    PrepareBaby%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Ruby had other wishes though, like learning to paint. With time off from work, she was able to fulfill several of those wishes. But Roy did talk Ruby into reading one of the baby books. He felt it was important even if she didn't see the need. Maybe she was just used to kids.
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252810%252529.jpg

One of the things Ruby did want though was to have her family spend time with her. So she called up her cousin Trigger and invited the whole bunch over. Flo and Skip couldn't make it, but everyone else did.
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252818%252529.jpg

Bonnie played tag with Susie.
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252813%252529.jpg

Flat congratulated 1-Eye for becoming more human.
    InviteVisitors%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

Roy himself played Rock, Paper, Scissors with Buck.
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252811%252529.jpg

Norman Joy had been riding by on a bicycle and saw the Brokes drive up, so he pulled in to visit as well.
    BicyclingMasterCriminal.jpg

Everyone danced.
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252827%252529.jpg

And with that crew, it didn't take long to finish off the leftovers.
    InviteVisitors%252520%2525288%252529.jpg

It was pretty late by then, and people were getting tired. Susie even asked Clyde to read her a bedtime story. Now there was a sight.
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252824%252529.jpg

That's when it happened! Ruby got up from a nap and started having contractions. Her folks were still around and everyone thought she'd deliver right there at home. Pretty frightening! But Ruby and Roy finally got into a taxi and headed for the hospital.
    Birth%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

It wasn't long before a new little boy arrived: Riley Broke. (Both Roy and Ruby got the wish to get married after Riley was born.)
    Birth%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Little Riley was conceived in the roadster, so just like magic, he got the Handy trait. Roy and Ruby chose Athletic for his second trait, for reasons best left unsaid.
    Riley.jpg

Riley also received his own copy of Handiness Vol. 1: Unplug it First!
    Handiness.jpg

1-Eye was as tender with Riley as he once was vicious with Roy. That is to say...very.
    NewNanny.jpg

Riley's name honors the Riley automobile company, maker of the 1935 2-door roadster sports car, the Riley MPH.
    Roadsters.png

Riley also refers to the saying, Living the Life of Riley:
    "The expression 'Living the life of Riley' suggests an ideal contented life, possibly living on someone else's money, time, or work. Rather than a negative freeloading or golddigging aspect, it implies that someone is kept or advantaged." The Life of Riley ;)
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2015
    @lanlyn, @Pary, @TadOlson, @GaiaHypothesis and all: Thanks for kind remarks about my story and pictures. Much appreciated.

@GaiaHypothesis: Kathy will be going through a transformation in the next chapter. Although she may never be considered a raving beauty she will come into her own.

@Letchy15: Nice update showing Darren and Cammie's wedding.

@HopeAK: Fantastic picture that provides a portal for the imagination of the viewer.

@Selvaxri: Looks like you have a lot of interesting stories/games going. I know that elders who die of old age holding a death flower used to be reset to the beginning of elderhood.

@MiyuEmi: Jonah looks cute. Hope to see more of him and his adventures.

About pictures for this forum. Thanks @Pary for the info about it being a glitch and how it can be fixed. I stumbled upon that but never knew exactly what I did to get the pictures and the post sent right through to the forum. It only occasionally happened to pictures that were not captured right from my game by using "C". Never from pictures captured in game.

The old forum site wanted people to resize their pictures so that those using mobile devices didn't have a mess viewing the forum. On that site you could resize pictures by using standard html code directly in the url text. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that on this site. This new forum automatically adjusts the size of pictures to fit within the browser width of the viewer so there really isn't a need to resize them any more but some people still like to follow the older etiquette.

I copy the "IMG" code of a picture on photobucket and paste it directly into the text of a post here without using the "image URL button" which seems to be broken and inserts an extra "[ url ]" code into the text.

(to be continued)

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2015
    @lanlyn: 1 eye is a fun character. Love his sinister circuit phase and now his kinder, gentler side. His beating up Nellie certainly justified his attitude adjustment. Starting to like Roy more and am enjoying his relationship with Ruby. But flirty sims do try the patience of their handlers :) . Don't trim down Clyde too much. I like him buff :p .

@GaiaHypothesis : Another sexy picture of Harris, and I agree he is a god among pixel men. Fun, tongue-in-cheek blog. Love the sunset picture of Sunset Valley. Cypress is adorable asleep on the rug.

@TadOlson : Your update of the Twinbrook gym looks perfect for your game style using your expansions. I also always update it but I don't have all of the EPs so do it differently. Good idea adding a gate to the fence in the back. I'll be adding that to my versions of the lot in the future.

@Wonderstruckk : Your sim at university is cute. Looks like she and you are having fun. If you tag too many walls in a row the cops come. I got University EP about 8 or 9 months ago and am still enjoying it.

@Karritz : Anther great update. Love the wedding pictures but especially these two:
    Guests004.jpg
    Guests010.jpg

@s1mszzang : Cute puppy. Love this pic:
    G7EGI5U.jpg

@emorrill : great update. Yeah it's weird how horses end up in the middle of rooms or sometime stuck halfway in the wall. It only seems to happen with structures on slabs though since I don't think they can climb the stairs of a foundation.
    @TadOlson Nice update! What town do they live in?
    @lanlyn oooohhh as always, awesome update!! Love it!
    @cwaddell The humorous blog is fun to write, and play. I just like to sit back and watch the mayhem unfold. Its so different from trying to write and shoot a very posed and dramatic story. So its a good break. Harris is definitely a smexy little piece. He's gone through a number of tweaks though, and I'm quite happy with how he turned out. His first iteration was completely different, but he's mostly base-game sliders.

I also like the characters that aren't 'typically' good looking.
    Studio
    edited October 2015
    @Swiftlover13 Sounds like an interesting start for your sims family. Being a vampire in the architectural field should make it easy to find prey!
    @Karritz Nice that your sims have made some friends.
    @Selvaxri Ah, the plot thickens! Triangles within triangles.
    @IvySunshine Sims really are unpredictable. Just when you think you know how it will go, they do something to trip you up! Good for Sarah!

@TadOlson I know I should try Story Progression, you're right. I enjoyed switching families in Sims 2. But in Sims 3, if I want to play another generation or household, I move them to different worlds. I started doing this because I didn't want complex games within the same world. My first family lived in Riverview for a long time, and the save file eventually became too much for the game to handle. I had to move them to Appaloosa Plains. I also move families to other worlds instead of playing everyone in one world because I want to experience different settings. Anyway, that's where my thinking is right now!

@cwaddell 1-Eye is still in the criminal career, and I'll be trying out his angry and sad modes too. Simulated Emotions is another trait chip I've never played, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. His sinister nature was fun to play for a while since I've never done "bad" sims before, but I couldn't have him just attacking people at will! Aliens are one thing, but old spinster ladies is something else!

I'll keep Clyde's muscles, but I don't want him to start looking like an over-buffed body builder! That's Clyde back there taking a quick shower. I like his old-time bathing suit. :p And there's the "new" 1-Eye with his boss, Master Criminal Norman Joy. How people change! Everyone use to think Norman was just a nice old guy who loved to garden. :D
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252826%252529.jpg

I even caught Ruby in a dark stairwell with Norman. She was using a pickup line on him. :s Just a few hours before she gave birth!
    InviteVisitors%252520%25252825%252529.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @emorrill -I had a few updates to make in town after new installs.Great picture!I've seen far worse than that in CAS.Great update!I get sims dumpster diving though it's usually slobs that do that.
    The only thing is @TadOlson , Rose Luck doesn't have the slob trait...yeah, I would say something depressing is going on in her life. OR she just felt daring. ;)
    Nice update. Is that a Hello Kitty mirror in the Jankowski house? ;) Love it!

@lanlyn Welcome baby Riley! :) Clever way of coming up with the name too. I keep wondering if Roy is going to take the plunge and marry Ruby? ;);) As always, GREAT update!
    @cwaddell I believe you are right. Also I need to catch up with your story...life has been crazy busy over here! ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top