Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OS X 10.11 El Capitan official release thread

Comments

• ShaunBowersShaunBowers Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2015
    I've updated to Mac OS X Captain on a 27" Late 2012, I've never had ANY problems with the Sims 4 before. Now when I enter the Sims, it runs fine but when I go to enter a Lot (building) as I've got no households - it loads then crashes instantly everytime.

Any ideas? I'll try taking out my Mods folder if I need to @BluebellFlora

Edit: I've removed my MODS folder + Repaired Game in Origin but no luck :neutral:
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @ShaunBowers Please can you post the details asked for in the OP, together with the details from the Config.Log?
    apple-signature.png
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I'm excited to try!
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• ritsukacomritsukacom Posts: 11 New Member
    I have OS X El Capitan version 10.11 installed and I just recently installed the game this morning. I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB. Currently when I run the game a lot of menu details are missing and replaced with grey boxes (such as the x's on menus and the tick boxes). When I try to exit the game, the game hangs and hangs and I have to force quit it. I tried doing the repair game option in Origin and that did nothing.
    ritsukacom wrote: »
    I have OS X El Capitan version 10.11 installed and I just recently installed the game this morning. I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB. Currently when I run the game a lot of menu details are missing and replaced with grey boxes (such as the x's on menus and the tick boxes). When I try to exit the game, the game hangs and hangs and I have to force quit it. I tried doing the repair game option in Origin and that did nothing.

Have you tried toggling between Windowed and full screen mode? The UI issue has been around since before El Capitan came out and is in the bug thread.

apple-signature.png
  • ritsukacomritsukacom Posts: 11 New Member
    @BluebellFlora Yup, I have and it didn't change anything. The one thing that solved it for me was turning automatic graphic switching off.
  • ShaunBowersShaunBowers Posts: 24 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > ShaunBowers Please can you post the details asked for in the OP, together with the details from the Config.Log?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor - 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

=== Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    Name (database): GeForce GTX 660M [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0fe0, Board: 00000010, Chipset: 00a2
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M OpenGL Engine, Version: 0.310.42.24321
    Driver version: 24321
    Monitor: 00000000
    Texture memory: 512MB
    Vertex program: 4.10
    Pixel program: 4.10
    Hardware TnL: 0
    Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 -rgba16f +r32f -bc4 -bc5 -rawz -intz
    ritsukacom wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora Yup, I have and it didn't change anything. The one thing that solved it for me was turning automatic graphic switching off.

So maybe your Mac isn't switching over to the AMD quickly enough? When I next load up my game I'll check to see how long it takes to switch over too.

@ShaunBowers seems like your issue is the NVIDIA GPUs with 512 MB RAM bug that the others are experiencing. I'll add you to the second post.
    apple-signature.png
  • Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    > @ritsukacom said:
    > I have OS X El Capitan version 10.11 installed and I just recently installed the game this morning. I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB, AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB. Currently when I run the game a lot of menu details are missing and replaced with grey boxes (such as the x's on menus and the tick boxes). When I try to exit the game, the game hangs and hangs and I have to force quit it. I tried doing the repair game option in Origin and that did nothing.

I have this same issue, except I have a MacBook Pro w/ Retina (Early 2015), 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 with 8GB Memory, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB. And I also updated to the OS X El Captain Version 10.11
  • GodessCerridwenGodessCerridwen Posts: 14 New Member
    Im having a similar issue. I've repaired the game. It looks like it attempts to launch, and then it just stops responding. I can not get into the game, and the only screens I get are my desktop screen.

Running:
    OS X El Capitan
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

=== Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX
    Name (database): GeForce GTX 675MX [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 11a2, Board: 00000010, Chipset: 00a2
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX OpenGL Engine, Version: 0.310.42.24321
    Driver version: 24321
    Monitor: 00000000
    Texture memory: 1024MB
    Vertex program: 4.10
    Pixel program: 4.10
    Hardware TnL: 0
    Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 -rgba16f +r32f -bc4 -bc5 -rawz -intz
  • ShadilyShadily Posts: 11 New Member
    So... do you know if they are working on it? u.u
    Shadily wrote: »
    So... do you know if they are working on it? u.u

No idea. I hope @SimGuruJanitor is still reading this thread and passing the information on to the relevant people.....

apple-signature.png
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I'm totally not sure if I should risk upgrading to El Capitan yet O.o

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Samsung SAM 850 Pro 512GB 2.5 inch SATA III SSD
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Can currently run game smoothly on a combo of medium/high settings. Just scared if I upgrade then they game will be un-playable.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
    LunaNova wrote: »
    I'm totally not sure if I should risk upgrading to El Capitan yet O.o

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Samsung SAM 850 Pro 512GB 2.5 inch SATA III SSD
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Can currently run game smoothly on a combo of medium/high settings. Just scared if I upgrade then they game will be un-playable.

Your Mac has a dedicated NVIDIA 650M graphics card too right? What is the VRAM size of it? 512 MB or 1024 MB? About This Mac > System Report > Graphics/Displays.
    apple-signature.png
  • mayaofmarylandmayaofmaryland Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2015
    I've encountered the game crashing a minute or two into the game after updating to El Capitan. Here are my specs.

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

I have Get To Work, Spa Day, and Perfect Patio Stuff. No mods or custom content.

I tried repairing it via Origin, but that did nothing. However, if I remove The Sims 4 file from (Documents ->Electronic Arts) and allow it to generate a new file, it will run fine, but without my old save. That being said if I save, exit, and reopen the game, the game will crash again. This makes me think there may be an issues with the save files being corrupted.
  • clindstrom520clindstrom520 Posts: 81 Member
    Going to wait a little bit before upgrading. Everything is running smoothly and don't want that to change. I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro. Not sure of the other specs but will look into them before I decide to upgrade.
    ~Chihuahua Momma~
    Sims fan since day one with TS1!!!
  • wmlmusic4lifewmlmusic4life Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having issues!!

My Sims 3 game loads up to the launcher where I select a town/household then says "No Game Disc Found." I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, downloaded the patch...still doesn't work.

I have no downloads or store content.

I own: sims 3 pets, supernatural, generations, and world adventures.

Computer:
    MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.6 GHz Intel core i7
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Thanks!
    edited October 2015
    @wmlmusic4life this is the Sims 4 forum, the Sims 3 forum is here.
    apple-signature.png
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited October 2015
    @BluebellFlora

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

512 MB apparently i had no idea this was there, what does it mean? ?.?
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
    LunaNova wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

512 MB apparently i had no idea this was there, what does it mean? ?.?

There is an issue with the NVIDIA graphics cards with 512 MB VRAM. In the second post you will see the list of others who have posted with the same issues on this thread.

EA need to release a fix but I'm not even sure they are actually reading this thread anymore. I have been tagging @SimGuruJanitor but had no response.

apple-signature.png
  • SimGuruJanitorSimGuruJanitor Posts: 13 SimGuru (retired)
    We're still paying attention! :)

I'll post more when I can, but until I have news to share, we do greatly appreciate when you share details on your difficulties. The feedback we've received on this thread so far has been quite useful.
  • Shine-PRShine-PR Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey I want to buy the 15-inch MacBook Pro but I want to know if I can play sims 4 without a problem and with the setting high
    Retina display 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz & 256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    Gracias!!
  • BritzyLABritzyLA Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi this is my model: Late 2012 21" iMac - Model Identifier 13,1
    with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
    Upgraded from Yosemite, and regretting it entirely.

Having several issues, graphical glitches, crashes (to desktop, freeze, black screen, even completely logging out my user). It also sometimes brings up a dialog box that asks me for a password stating "vmap needs permission to continue to debug" if I hit cancel it brings up the same thing but for developer tools. This mainly happens when I visit other lots via travel.

Also Origin is not working properly for me, I can start games (even though they crash later), but the store is stuck on one page and just keeps refreshing.

Super frustrating and hope there's a fix soon for my graphics card.... :(

Any suggestions in the meantime?
    Let's hope EA release a patch soon for those of you suffering from this. I take it the recent Apple update, 10.11.1 didn't help?
    apple-signature.png
  • BritzyLABritzyLA Posts: 3 New Member
    Updated to 10.11.1 this morning but still have issues with the main family I've been playing for awhile. Started a new game with a new sim and it's only crashed once, so that's an improvement... All my online features are off and just saving a lot more!