Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Years, Still Learning New Things

MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
If you see a sim go into labour in a public place, tick on them and take them to the hospital. Your sim can gain the +80 moodlet for the new baby without any of the parental responsibilities. At least that's how it worked for my sim today! I've been playing since release and never knew this. Anything you recently learned despite the years?
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I am still learning new things after playing for years as well. Something new I just learned recently, for example, is that when you send gifts to your friends in the game, you get positive moodlets. I never used much of the social/online features before. Another thing I have learned is that the folks in the forums here are awesome and super helpful ;)
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    I too just learned that about the birthing/hospitals with other sims!
  • ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    Indeed :-) I have noticed a few days back that a Sim who finishes reading a masterpiece will get a positive moodlet with really nice picture.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Also, that annoying unicorn (sorry if everyone enjoys it), it capable of scarfing down an entire death flower bush without dying. That was disappointing. Unicorns are also capable of getting into your back garden without a gate.

@Proxim I haven't had a sim whose read a masterpiece. I'll have to create a writer sim again to see if I can achieve the moodlet.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I haven't learned anything new in a while. Sometimes I think I know everything about this game. It took me years to discover basic things like canceling the news paper.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    I just noticed last night, my child Sim was holding court in the dining room quite happily playing away and when his mother walked in the room she bowed to him. Can't believe I've managed to miss that for so long!

I been playing since the sims 3 came out and I only found that out about 2 months ago. I can't believe I missed it all these years as well lol.

Cool not all sims do it though.

• picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    We never know everything about something and without this sounding cheesy, I like learning new things! :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited October 2015
    Chimark wrote: »
    I had my Sim place the mining machine by the police station and the next thing I know criminals escaped. Supposedly you are able to make tunnels with it, that go from place to place, (kind of like the LLAMA stations) but I haven't been ever able to do that.

I had a sim dig tunnels all over University once. He also wanted to mine 50 gems but I thought why not put tunnels everywhere? Once you have 2 or more (it helps to name them so you can tell where they are) your sim can travel from via tunnel from one lot to another. The miner has to quit normally though (not end in a cave system with an adventure). In the end it wasn't that useful, traveling was slower than using a bicycle/car/hoverboard and hygiene drops each time the sim uses it. Still, it was an interesting project.

edit: within the past month I came across something new I hadn't seen before. There's another thread like this one that I've posted on before so I thought I'd add my discovery to that thread. But it was so old I decided not to resurrect it. And now, for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is that I discovered that was new to me. :( Maybe it was the plumbot burglars in Oasis Landing.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Chimark wrote: »
    I had my Sim place the mining machine by the police station and the next thing I know criminals escaped. Supposedly you are able to make tunnels with it, that go from place to place, (kind of like the LLAMA stations) but I haven't been ever able to do that.

I did make some tunnels for the first time recently. You make the tunnel, give it a name then make another tunnel on a different lot and give it a name. Then when you have a few of them you click on a tunnel and a pie menu comes up with all the different named tunnels so you can choose where to go. Choose one and jump in and then emerge in your chosen destination.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had to add a Mod to make meteors less dangerous before I could load up any legacies besides Deery Meadows after installing Ambitions and I had to add Mods for things like a safer sculpting station and fixing the bookcases.The Mod makes it so bookcases only have skill books and the other books have to be bought.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    Sims 3 did a lot of things wrong, but it's massive scope with all the expansions and packs that combines into a flawed, but impressive nonetheless sum. As for Sims 4, we shall see...
    positively Epicurean
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    :o

I had no idea about the tunnels! So many things yet to explore in this game!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Oooohhh.. that is cool about the tunnels! I would totally put a tunnel to the Criminal Hideout but I already stuck that at City Hall where the other criminals hang out anyway. The tunnels would be an excellent method of getting to say, a secluded island with lots of treasure or somewhere that is otherwise inaccessible. *puts on thinking cap*

In my game the other day, I was jumping from family to family checking in on them. Some happened to be at the Fall Festival. My sims get that juiced moodlet every time I switch to them, so they can be unpredictable. I switched to Cara Mia Denning who happened to be at the park chatting up the town Mayor Avalanche Wolf and she had the juiced moodlet. Before I could stop her, she planted a huge kiss on him. One of the townsfolk came over to her, very upset and accused her of cheating and they got into an argument. I brought her husband over to the park and figured she should confess. In the process of trying to confess, the guy who caught her cheating came over and beat the snot out of her. I've never made a sim cheat before so this was interesting. After she confessed, the relationship was quite rocky but they made it through. It was interesting. :)
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I found out that coming to this site without logging in (which I sometimes forget) makes all the buttons at the bottom of comments disappear! I thought for a moment that they had taken all the buttons away! Whew!

As for the sims, I found out that if you give a sim the athletic trait they can do some very impressive dives off the diving board. Kind of neat to just watch them.

That poor sim girl who got the beat down - ouch! I thought this was a non-violent game, heh heh.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    I just noticed last night, my child Sim was holding court in the dining room quite happily playing away and when his mother walked in the room she bowed to him. Can't believe I've managed to miss that for so long!

I just saw that for the first time about a month ago, myself! How crazy! :)
    giphy.gif

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    If the Social Worker comes due to your poor parenting/pet owning skills, just wait until the child/pet disappears from the household, pause the game, put testingcheatsenabled on, then shift+click the lost Sim, and click 'Add Sim to Active Household.' Repeat as needed. If the SW gets stuck, just reset them.

I'm not even going to go into how/why I discovered that.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    It's better to have a Mod removing the EA social workers because they'll remove a child just for not being able to do well at school and It's not realistic to have the child get deleted for being unable to pass at school.You can also reduce the pool for child abuse social workers in Register to zero which is where mine is.I intend to replace them with playable social workers from a selectable household and use a playable orphange for children removed from their families.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @CherbitDip I just saw this yesterday. Granted I had a mod for ages to stop the children from performing this action as it's basically spammed so they'll get the good moodlet. It's cute but...I think I'll get my mod back!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    My werewolf sim found a will-o-the-wisp on a solo hunt. Apparently those came with Late Night, which I bought with the base game a few years ago. I had no idea such things were in the game.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    It's better to have a Mod removing the EA social workers because they'll remove a child just for not being able to do well at school and It's not realistic to have the child get deleted for being unable to pass at school.

I have never had a child Sim removed because they fail at school, in Sims 3. In previous games, yes, but not Sims 3. In fact I've played games where I kept children from going to school on purpose.

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @TadOlson This was before I discovered the Joy of Modding. And the Joy of SP3 Cleaner.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    I had that happen once with the Landgaab boy in my early days because he kept failing and kept showing up late.It happened to another family's baby because the bedrooms were all upstairs and the house was poorly designed with awful routing.
    I remember what I learned recently....

I had sims at University. One is a gatherer and self-employed alchemist who wanted to increase his Advanced Technology skill. I had him hoverboard all over town gathering insects, gems, and metals for ingredients, to work on the AT skill, and to satisfy ever repeating wants to collect 15 gems.

Anyways, he collected a lot of metal ore and I had them all smelted down. After a while I thought why not stack them up in a corner of the dorm? Wouldn't it look cool to have floor to ceiling metal ingots? Maybe when they get back home I can create an underground vault of precious metals....

ingots_zpsiwwydxvo.jpg~original

That's the best I could do. They only stack 16 high. :( I sold most and kept some of the iron for vampiric sunscreen.