March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who remembers this awesomeness?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,900 Member
    I remember. I still play.

ETA: I also play 4. :)

ETA: I don't use much wall decor but I'd really love to see more options for curtains.

Do you play Sims 1 on Windows 7? I have been wanting to buy the original The Sims for quite some time now, but I don't want to spend all that money and it turns out that I can't install/play the game.

I started installing it on Win 7 and got tired of taking disks in and out - but will finish installing it one day.

When I installed the base game I followed info to get Win 7 to 'fix' it so it would run in Win 7. It seems to run well. I think I found out how to do this in Control Panel. There are probably some syntax issues in the old code that are easily fixed by Windows 7. The instructions were in a spot that told me how to upgrade old software to run in Windows 7.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited October 2015
    I purchased a used copy of the Complete Collection on Amazon and it works on Windows 8.1.

I heard people were having issues getting it to launch on Windows 10 so I tested it on my husbands computer with that OS. It failed to launch as well so right now the only work around that I know of is this (If you have the Complete Collection and Windows 10):
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848531/help-getting-the-sims-complete-collection-to-run-on-windows-10
    I tried this and it does work.

I have no clue about the base game + packs working on Windows 10.

I had to do that ^ but now the game only runs in fullscreen. How can I play it in a minimized screen? Its running perfectly no problems ;)

VzVJmXA.png
    Fixed
    Untitled_zpsy304dj8g.png
    Just add a space and then -w in the target of the properties of the icon you click on to launch the game
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes, I love the Sims Vacations. Whack a Will game so much fun. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    Oh, Good- it's running on Windows 10. I have read that it's kinda iffy... but this is great.

I also have two of the Complete Collections plus all my original game disks in their jewel cases. .... what? ;)
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    I remember :) I have not played Sims 1 in a while but now I am thinking of installing it and see if it works on Win 10.
    I do the black screen everytime I load it, all you do is hit the control alt and delete key and then cancel the page then its back to normal :)
    So game loads with just a black square
    h3w9ccv.png

Hit the control alt and delete buttons
    Nzig0Dt.jpg

That screen will come up, it has cancel at the bottom, just hit the cancel button. I can't printscreen that page so had to look for this one on the internet via google image

When the above page exits your game will be perfect minus the black block
    sm4q8kw.png

This only happens if I play my game in minimised windows, when I was playing it in full screen it did not happen one time, game ran perfectly, I just prefer minimised screen ;)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I thought for a long time that you couldn't put anything on the shelves. Then my sim put a book up there :open_mouth::D

There are definitely some things to love in TS1. I recently drooled a neighbourhood picture of Makin Magic. I didn't play the vacation expansion as much as that one, so I don't remember the lots that well.
    I thought for a long time that you couldn't put anything on the shelves. Then my sim put a book up there :open_mouth::D

There are definitely some things to love in TS1. I recently drooled a neighbourhood picture of Makin Magic. I didn't play the vacation expansion as much as that one, so I don't remember the lots that well.
    nJld485.png
    dNK0nn8.png
    30hfBBT.png
    lpfTpK2.png
    xRHuApr.png
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I didn't play the original Sims, I was introduced to them by a friend who had the game installed on her computer, but I never got the game for myself. I started Simming with The Sims 2. I'm interested to buy and play it though, I've still got Windows 7, but there is a possibility I will install Windows 10 soon, so I'm glad to know it is running on this operating system.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    that will never be repeated in TS4
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    I didn't play the original Sims, I was introduced to them by a friend who had the game installed on her computer, but I never got the game for myself. I started Simming with The Sims 2. I'm interested to buy and play it though, I've still got Windows 7, but there is a possibility I will install Windows 10 soon, so I'm glad to know it is running on this operating system.

I saw this if you are interested ;)
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsims+1+complete+collection.TRS0&_nkw=sims+1+complete+collection&_sacat=0

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_7?url=search-alias=videogames&amp;field-keywords=sims+1+complete+collection&amp;sprefix=sims+1+,videogames,382

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,583 Member
    You might not know but there is a section for The Sims on the site. :)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You might not know but there is a section for The Sims on the site. :)

lol. The OP will have to move it, but thanks I will go have a peek at it :)
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    mcrudd wrote: »

xRHuApr.png...

[edit just so there isnt picture spam] I really love the last screen shot! Looks like there's so much detail. I'd really like to visit the lot at the center most right. I'd love to get around to buying sims 1 for myself one of these days.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited October 2015
    Couldn't we have surf boards or something too? I loved this game XD The winter world was so cool too. Beach Volleyball I wish it came back!

Ah and snowboards too!
    Those were the times when the Sims games we packed with rich features. As players we used to tell each other what was there and the game needed an exploration for months until we get to know a good amount of new contents.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    @Ayumap I have moved my old thread about sims 1 to the sims 1 forums. There is pleanty of photos from the magic town lots if you want to go have a peek http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/751346/sims-1-and-2-thread-for-those-interested/p1
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Couldn't we have surf boards or something too? I loved this game XD The winter world was so cool too. Beach Volleyball I wish it came back!

Ah and snowboards too!

Remember the snowboards but not surfboards, I am off to bed now, will play vacation tomorrow and see ;)
    Those were the times when the Sims games we packed with rich features. As players we used to tell each other what was there and the game needed an exploration for months until we get to know a good amount of new contents.

and there was long waits between each expansion to give you time to explore ;)
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    @Ayumap I have moved my old thread about sims 1 to the sims 1 forums. There is pleanty of photos from the magic town lots if you want to go have a peek http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/751346/sims-1-and-2-thread-for-those-interested/p1

Thank you for sharing. :) I'll go take a look!
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Oh my goodness, this thread here!
    I miss the days of playing Sims and not give a thought about what is coming out next because I was having a ball just playing the game. The Sims kept my attention and I had to experience it every night after work.

The Sims and Sims 2. That love affair was strong, but now it has waned. :cry:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

Ah and snowboards too!

Remember the snowboards but not surfboards, I am off to bed now, will play vacation tomorrow and see ;)

and there was long waits between each expansion to give you time to explore ;)

Exactly there was more time between expansions for players to explore and also for developers to make a more fleshed out complete packs.
    giphy.gif
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i would be no where without the clutter CC i downloaded to place in the house. EA's items are ugly, weird looking, way too big and have a goofy look.. no thanks
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Thanks @mcrudd I wonder why there is such a price difference with the complete collection. I assumed all would be second hand these days. Though I hear they are in demand.
  • pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member

There are definitely some things to love in TS1. I recently drooled a neighbourhood picture of Makin Magic. I didn't play the vacation expansion as much as that one, so I don't remember the lots that well.[/quote]...
    xRHuApr.png...[/quote]

Making Magic was one of my favorite EPs. The first time I went into Magic Town I was in awe. The detail was amazing. I could spend hours playing TS1. I remember my Sim family working hard to buy the big house. The only CC site I use was 7 deadly sims. and that was just for a few different dresses and a few couches. I use to loves having a party, than if it went well Drew Carey showed up. I loved when we would get new EPs they added to the town. Sadly when I bought TS2 I gave away all of my TS1 and the games guides.
    I use to really like that before the EPs came out you could buy the game guides and see what was going to be in the game. Everyone would get excited on the boards. I miss those days.