Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who remembers this awesomeness?

latest?cb=20130710020457
From the original Sims Vacation...so many vacation lots with so much to do on each! Remember the games your sims could play to win tickets. Then they could go to the prize stand and redeem the tickets for souvenirs. Then, even more awesomeness, they could display those items on shelves and reminisce about their trip.

That being said, we have so many wall shelves and not enough items small enough to fit on the shelves in TS4...

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2015
    I remember. I still play.

ETA: I also play 4. :)

ETA: I don't use much wall decor but I'd really love to see more options for curtains.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I never forgot. I'm still playing the dang thing. Ooh, how much I love it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    Anyone remember PastaBabe? She made some awesome skins for Sims 1.

I never felt the need to skin it. Maxis offered many tools at the time. I have the facemaker, if that's anything similar. Other than that, the game is fine as it is.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    The Sims 1 came out when I was a toddler (pun intended) but I bought all the EPs for TS1 when I was nine and I was instantly addicted. Miss the old days.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I only had The Sims and the Sims Hot Date for Sims 1( got it in a bundle pack in 2000), but I played that forever without even realizing there were more EPs to the game. I thought what I had WAS the game LOL. I loved it as it was and was never bored.

I didn't learn about eps til S2, and even then I didn't get S2 til 2008 or thereabouts. I would always bypass the S3 stuff on the shelves looking for S2 stuff. I didn't start S3 til 2012.

I'm always pretty content with my sims games. Just like I am now.
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I never felt the need to skin it. Maxis offered many tools at the time. I have the facemaker, if that's anything similar. Other than that, the game is fine as it is.

I meant cc clothing. She made the cutest dresses. Reminds me of the clothing from Roaring Heights.

I meant cc clothing. She made the cutest dresses. Reminds me of the clothing from Roaring Heights.

Finding CC for S1 now is difficult. I remember having tons of stuff for it at one time. But I play it vanilla these days, except for that plant thingy I've managed to hang onto that overrides their needs. I really wish I could remember where I got it and what it's called. In the game, it's just called the same thing it's replicated from.

But at one time, I remember having the whole kit and kaboodle regarding cupboards and so many other things. I sadly don't have them any more.

Finding CC for S1 now is difficult. I remember having tons of stuff for it at one time. But I play it vanilla these days, except for that plant thingy I've managed to hang onto that overrides their needs. I really wish I could remember where I got it and what it's called. In the game, it's just called the same thing it's replicated from.

But at one time, I remember having the whole kit and kaboodle regarding cupboards and so many other things. I sadly don't have them any more.

Would this be it from Inge's site, Simlogical?
    http://www.simlogical.com/sl/downloadpages/motives.htm
  • TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member

ETA: I don't use much wall decor but I'd really love to see more options for curtains.

Do you play Sims 1 on Windows 7? I have been wanting to buy the original The Sims for quite some time now, but I don't want to spend all that money and it turns out that I can't install/play the game.
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
    edited October 2015

Would this be it from Inge's site, Simlogical?
    http://www.simlogical.com/sl/downloadpages/motives.htm

Oh, Inge. She was a gem. I'm not entirely certain, but I really think it's the Please Yourself Plant. I have them on every lot. I'm not ashamed to say it.

Do you play Sims 1 on Windows 7? I have been wanting to buy the original The Sims for quite some time now, but I don't want to spend all that money and it turns out that I can't install/play the game.

I did play on Window's 7. I haven't played since I installed Window's 10 a few weeks ago. I really should check it out.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    If anyone is intersted when sims 2 came out I saved all my sims 1 cc to a disk. I have uploaded it to media fire now, its here http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xhsx5umkhg1q94/sims+1+cc.7z

This is a screenie of the folders

gEfm0Zo.png
    rO5vQcu.png

Help yourselfs if you would like some cc, you can always weed out what you don't want, I have it all neatly organized in each folder so it will be easy to see what you don't want
    edited October 2015
    I play on windows 8.1
    mcrudd wrote: »
    If anyone is intersted when sims 2 came out I saved all my sims 1 cc to a disk. I have uploaded it to media fire now, its here http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xhsx5umkhg1q94/sims+1+cc.7z

This is a screenie of the folders

gEfm0Zo.png
    rO5vQcu.png

Help yourselfs if you would like some cc, you can always weed out what you don't want, I have it all neatly organized in each folder so it will be easy to see what you don't want

You're amazing.
    mcrudd wrote: »

How generous! Thank you so much! :p
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Thank you! I had a lot on a disc many years back but have moved around so much that things tend to
    disappear.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

You're amazing.

lol its a pleasure, not many sims 1 websites around anymore

How generous! Thank you so much! :p

It is a pleasure :)

bluegayle_ wrote: »
    Thank you! I had a lot on a disc many years back but have moved around so much that things tend to
    disappear.

Its a pleasure
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I went CC scrounging for TS game last year- there's still a lot out there and it was fun. I still forgot to test the winter mods/hacks I found. XD

I remember going in and redoing the cabins and hotels so they have better things.... I did find the games fun and was very disappointed in Bon Voyage which had no winter vacation spot or activities. :(
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I really like to know If it works on windows 10. I've never had the pleasure, my simming started with sims 2.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Wow, to have opinions like that now would be amazing!
    edited October 2015
    Here's a link from mcrudd on Sims 1 and Window's 10.
    http://simscommunity.info/2015/07/30/all-of-the-sims-games-work-on-windows-10/

Thanks @mcrudd! :)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited October 2015
    I purchased a used copy of the Complete Collection on Amazon and it works on Windows 8.1.

I heard people were having issues getting it to launch on Windows 10 so I tested it on my husbands computer with that OS. It failed to launch as well so right now the only work around that I know of is this (If you have the Complete Collection and Windows 10):
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848531/help-getting-the-sims-complete-collection-to-run-on-windows-10
    I tried this and it does work.

I have no clue about the base game + packs working on Windows 10.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited October 2015
    Seems like it's possible with some tweaking. It's alwasy strange how it just works automatically for some rigs and not another. Thanks all!
    I am busy reinstalling all my sims 1 as I type. I am up to hot date now. So I will let you guys know in an hour or so if it works on windows 10 if you install individulally ;)